Miss Hockey • f.reed

Af _sydney28

"Do me a favor. Kick some Hawk butt." [Fulton Reed x oc] [d1-d2] Mere

cast
playlist
epigraph
act one
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
act two
epigraph
playlist

six

942 16 4
Af _sydney28

╮that hurt╰

Everyone in the locker room was alive with chatter, each player engrossed into their own conversation, laughing as a joke was shouted out. The team was excited about their game, finally confident about pulling out a possible win.

Jesse and Peter walked into the locker room, sat down and hung their heads, hurt by the things they had just heard their coach saying a few minutes ago. No one seemed to notice the dejected boys though as everyone was too busy either trying to get themselves ready for the game or talking to those near them.

"Are we still hanging at the pond tomorrow?" Fulton asked, watching Hayden lightly wrapped her wrist in athletic tape. He had asked her what she was doing, confused as to what she was doing. Hayden had explained how her brother advised herself to wrap her wrists before games to prevent injury.

"Yeah, of course!" Hayden looked up and smiled at him. "What time were you thinking about meeting?" She asked.

"You have pretty eyes." Fulton blurted out, ignoring her question.

Hayden turned to put the tape in her locker in a failed attempt to hide the blush that spread across her cheeks and ran down her neck. While setting the athletic tape down, she grabbed both their jerseys and handed his to him.

"Thank you." Hayden smiled, her cheeks still a bright red.

He watched as Hayden pulled her jersey over her head and shoulder pads before she sat at the end of the bench beside them and pick up her skates, only to start fiddling with the laces instead of slipping them on. She looked up at him and smiled before she quickly stood back up and leaned against the lockers, taking his hand to play with his fingers nervously.

Both turned to look at Charlie and Connie, watching as the two stood from the bench beside them to hound their conversation.

"Where's coach?" Charlie asked, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked between Fulton and Hayden.

"I think I saw him headed for the rink when I went to the bathroom a few minutes ago. I don't know why he'd be going out their so early, though." Hayden answered him. She hadn't thought it was suspicious that their coach was headed into the rink when the earlier team hadn't even fully left yet but now that she was explaining it to Charlie, her suspension grew.

"The Hawks haven't even left the rink yet though," Connie stated, frowning.

"Why would he need to go out there if they haven't left?" Fulton asked, their suspension growing within the group of four.

The door opened and grabbed their attention. They all turned and watched as Bombay came through the door. Connie and Charlie slowly walked back to the bench before sitting back down.

Bombay noticed Jesse and Peter didn't have any pads on, so he approached the two. "Why aren't you guys in uniform? We got warm-ups in half an hour." He asked the two.

The two boys just looked between each other before continuing to ignore their coach. When neither of the boys answered, he turned to face the whole team. "Alright everybody, listen up." Bombay started, getting the team's attention. "I got some good news. We're getting a new player. Adam Banks." He said.

"What?" Charlie cried out in disbelief.

"Adam Banks?" Hayden asked as her jaw-dropped, not sure she had heard her coach right.

"He's a hawk," Karp said, disgusted at the idea of a Hawk being on their team.

"He's a good player," Bombay stated, knowing that Hayden didn't have the help she needed in a right defenseman, hoping she and Adam could make a good pair.

"Everybody hates him," Jesse said from his spot on the bench.

"Yeah, we don't need him," Connie said, backing up her teammates as always.

"Look I'm the coach and I say we do need. Hayden needs help in a right defenseman. Adam can really help her a lot." Realizing what he'd said and how it probably sounded to the young kids, he quickly continued. "If we make it to the playoffs he could be a big help." Bombay looked around the room as he finished.

"If? All of you think we're not good enough?" Karp said, his feelings hurt.

"No, he thinks we're losers," Peter said, finally speaking up about what he and Jesse heard. "Yeah, that's what he told Reilly." He said as everyone looked at him in confusion.

"What?" Bombay asked, looking over at Peter.

"C'mon, we heard what you said. You said we were losers, we didn't deserve to live." Peter explained further as the team looked around.

"Is that true, coach? You think we're losers?" Hayden asked, hurt that the coach they trusted would say things like that about them.

"That's not what I meant," Bombay said, trying to explain himself.

"I saw that picture of you missing that goal," Peter said standing up, jersey in hand. "You were a Hawk, weren't you? Guess you gotta stick together to the end. You know what? I don't need your stinkin' equipment. See you around." Peter threw his jersey on the ground and walked out, angry at the coach.

"Peter, come back here. I'm talking to you, son." Bombay said in an attempt to get him to come back.

"Forget it, cake-eater. If you want to play, play with yourself." Jesse said he and Terry stood to leave.

"Where do you guys think you're going?" Bombay asked the two as they left.

"I don't believe this," Bombay said, looking at the few players he had left. "Alright, I'm going up to the bench because that's where I'm supposed to be. Anyone who wants to join me can join me. Anyone who doesn't, well..." Bombay trailed off as he turned and walked out the door, still in disbelief.

Tammy, Tommy, and Karp all got up and went home after Bombay left the locker room, they're heads hung and sad looks on their faces.

Hayden stood beside the door with Connie and Guy. Charlie and Fulton decided to stay, leaving Hayden feeling torn about whether she should stay with Charlie and Fulton or leave with Connie and Guy.

"Guy and I are going home. You're more than welcome to come with us, you know that. But I'm not going to ask you to leave. This means to much to you for me to do that. I won't be mad at you for making your own decisions." Connie said, grabbing her best friend's shoulder. Hayden had decided at that moment, that this was why Connie was her best friend. She expected her to make her own decisions, without there being judgment in the questions asked.

"I know. I just don't want to play without you. I've never played without you." Hayden said, messing with the loose strings of her gloves.

"Okay here's the deal. You're staying here to play. Guy and I will be at the pond waiting for you guys." Connie said, much to the relief of the smaller girl who pulled her into a tight hug.

Hayden, Charlie, and Fulton skated out just in time to hear Bombay forfeit the game. Charlie looked at Hayden who was currently picking up the helmets the three had dropped on their way out.

"Since we're not playing, can we join you, Connie and Guy at the pond?" Charlie asked as she handed him his helmet before handing Fulton his.

"Sure!" Hayden smiled at the two as they left.

The three raced to the pond, seeing Connie and Guy there waiting, just like had Connie promised.

Quickly pulling their skates back on, the three skated out on the ice, joining Connie and Guy. For the next few hours, the five skated, told jokes, shared the latest gossip and rumors, and played whatever dumb games came to their minds.

Connie and Hayden were standing face-to-face with Fulton and Guy standing beside them. The two girls were trying to determine who could stand on one foot longer while wearing skates, Fulton and Guy there to make sure neither girl attempted to cheat. 

"Hey, guys, we probably need to head home," Charlie called for the other four.

Charlie and Hayden waved goodbye to their friends from the top step of their apartment building, watched as Fulton and Guy walked Connie home before heading home themselves.

Charlie was about to walk through his door after unlocking when he looked down the hall and saw Hayden fumbling with the keys in an attempt to unlock her apartment.

"Is your dad working again tonight?" Charlie asked.

Hayden stopped what she was doing to tell him that her dad was indeed at work.

"Is Grant home?" Charlie asked, referring to her older brother. He knew he was supposed to be visiting soon for a short break and to watch his sister play but he didn't know when he'd be home.

"He's gonna be here tomorrow, at 1 o'clock," Hayden told, smiling at the thought of her big brother being home.

"Do you want to stay over tonight?" The usual question fell from Charlie's lips. "Your room feels a little empty."

Hayden had stayed with the Conway's enough for the guest bedroom to be entitled hers by the family of two.

"Okay," Hayden said nodding, walking through the door after Charlie.

I completely finished writing this book all the way through about a month or so ago and now i kind of feel oddly empty 🥺 i hope you guys have enjoyed so far.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

9.6K 144 15
'𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙙𝙤 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙧𝙮𝙣, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪.' 𝘐𝘕 𝘞𝘏𝘐𝘊𝘏.... 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙩...
78.1K 1.2K 20
"i'll be a duck." in which district five's fastest skater meets district five's new enforcer. (fulton reed x oc) (the mighty ducks - d2) (extremely...
189K 2.9K 36
♪𝖽𝗈 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂 𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖾𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗇? 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝗆𝗒 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝖾𝖾♪ 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗌𝗈𝗉𝗁𝗂𝖾 𝗋𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗃𝗈𝗂𝗇�...
174K 2.6K 139
I may be late to the Ducks, but its better late than never. Enjoy the imagines that keep me occupied and distracted from reality. There's a lot of Fu...