Between Love & Hate

By dreamers07

"There is a thin line between love and hate" is what they say. And may be this is the truth cause those who h... More

Shot 1
Shot 3
Shot 4
Shot 5
Shot 6
Shot 7
Shot 8
Shot 9
Shot 10
Epilogue
Bonus Shot
Thank You
The Agreement

Shot 2

496 38 2
By dreamers07

24 Hours Ago

I was lying on my bed with head phones on trying to solve the equations infront of me when my mom barged in my room.

Mrs. Anju Agarwal, wife of Kishore Agarwal, my mom was a well known name in the industry. Together with my dad managed our automobiles company. When i was young she and dad were never around working day and night for the company while i stayed with my grandparents. It was only when i turned twelve did they remember that they do have a daughter and brought me back to stay with them. That did create a great void between our relationship. Though did they try to give me everything before i even asked for but that emptiness couldn't be filled. But we still are cordial towards each other and i respect them and ofcourse do love them but something is always amiss.

Anju : Today for the dinner with Shekhawat's wear something Indian.

Sanyukta : Indian!? Why is that???

Anju : Uhmm.. umm... today Renuka and I thought that... uhhh.. we will try to do something different. You know not regulars so we made a dress code... yeah.. right... dress code.

Sanyukta : Really!? Are you sure??? You seem confused.

Anju : I am sure Sanyu. Wear Indian ok??

Sanyukta : Okay! No probs.

Every Sunday dinner at the farm house is common between Shekhawat's and Agarwal's. It's a ritual between both the families. And i love it. Though i might hate Randhir but i adore Renuka aunty and Harsh uncle. They are like my 2nd parents and they love me like there own daughter of which i take a lot of advantage when it comes to make complains against Randhir cause he gets all the shoutings and its fun seeing that.

But he is no less he comes to my parents when i screw up gravely and makes sure i get a scolding once in a while. My parents love him too and the relationship between them is much deeper than i have with my parents which makes me envious but what can i do in that. He had known my parents more cause he was always around them while i was at my grandparents and i got to see them only during holidays.

But something was really sketchy with today's dinner. I mean they havd never done something like this. It would always be some simple talk, game night or movies and Randhir and me fighting over something with our parents supporting the other onr until we called it a night. God knows what these women are upto. But if Renu aunty and mom wants i can surely wear something Indian for tonight.

○●○●○●○

We were parked outside the farm house and i could already see the Shekhawat's car telling me that they have already arrived. I was dressed in a simple indian dress.

Even my parents were wearing a bit different then there usual casual considering it as the part of the code i ignored it but my gut feeling was telling something was really going to happen today and that i wasn't going to like it. The secret conversation through eyes thatmy parents were doing or the stammers that they went to when i asked about today's night events at farmhouse or the talk i had with my mom before leaving for the dinner.

Flashback

Sanyukta : Mumma i am ready to go.

My parents were sitting on the couch when i came to the living room talking in hushed tones.

Anju : Oh my god!! You look so pretty!! Doesn't she??

Mom asked looking towards dad.

Kishore : Yes! Yes she does. I can't believe she is all grown up. I still remember when she was born. Tiny hands and legs.

Anju : I know... she was the prettiest baby...

Sanyukta : Mom Dad!!! Is something wrong?? Why are you guys talking like this... like i am going somewhere. I am here with you guys now. Don't worry.

Anju : Yes i am glad you are here.. i know in the early years of your life we weren't there and couldn't give you the love you deserved and you resent us for that but know that we are here now and...

Sanyukta : Mom... lets not talk about it. It's dead and burried. It's gone. We are together now and lets think only about that.

Kishore : Yes. Now come on lets go otherwise we will be late.

Flashback Ends

As soon as we entered i was met with Renuka aunty and Harsh uncle. They walked towards us with smiles on there faces.

Renuka : Oh my god! Sanyu you look so pretty.

Sanyukta : Thanks aunty! I wore this only because you and mom put this code thingy otherwise you know i am better off in jeans and tops.

Renuka : Code??

Sanyukta : Yeah! Mom told me! That it is today's code...

My words waived offas i looked between mom and her and it seemed they were having some conversation from there eyes before aunty turned towards me and gulped and said.

Renuka : Yeah.. yeah... code i totally forgot it... yeah we made this code today.

Harsh : Yes... Sanyu... it was decided in front of me only.. you know your aunty is getting forgetful these days because of her age... Don't worry.

Renuka : Age ha!! I will tell you later on this.

I giggled hearing this along with my parents before mom spoke.

Anju : Come Renu let's prepare for dinner. Sanyu you go and mingle with Randhir. Be nice to him.

Sanyukta : I am always nice to him. He is a big mean person full of attitude.

Renuka : Yes.. i agree.

Anju : Don't take her side. She plays pranks on him and then behaves like a saint.

Renuka : You don't know him. He does the same but comes to you behaving like a saint. My son is no less.

Sanyukta : I know right. A total drama queen he is.

Renuka and Sanyukta giggled at this when Randhir entered the room who hasalready the last few comments on him.

Randhir : Ya ya laugh like she is any less. Freaking attention seeker.

Sanyukta : Don't start with me now. I am in no mood to fight with you.

Randhir : Like I am dying to.

They soon started to argue with each other and having enough of it Renuka and Anju walked towards kitchen leaving them alone.

After an hour of fight, hair pulling and various arguments they were finally on the dinner table. There parents who had seen all the fights were now dreading the news they have wanted to say this evening. Cause they new what the reaction would be but they couldn't do anything they were bound by the decisions already made.

Sanyukta : What's with you guys you all are really silent today!?? Anything wrong?

Renuka : You are getting married!

Randhir : Hahahaha!! Oh god wow.... finally this problem would go away. Who is going to marry this chicken head!??

Anju : You!

Sanyukta & Randhir : What!!!

Both I and Randhir stood up. This had to be some sick joke these guys are playing on us. Me and him!!! No ways!! I can't believe it. They know we don't even like each other. Forget like we can't even stand each other. And this is not from now. Its since childhood.

Sanyukta : Are you guys playing a prank on us??? I am only 20 for God's sake. I haven't even completed college till now. Andyou guys want to marry me off... and that too... that too to him...God i will puke.

Randhir : You shut up... feel yourself lucky that they are even thinking that a person like me will marry you. But mom this can't happen i wont marry this chicken.

Sanyukta : Shut up you moron i would rather die single then marry you!!

Randhir : Don't worry darling that is what is going to happen to you.

Harsh : See he is already on darling that's a progress.

Randhir : Dad!!

Sanyukta : Harsh uncle!!

Kishore : Listen this wasn't decided by us but your grandpa's we can't do anything in this.

Sanyukta : You mean... you mean dadu???

Kishore just nodded.

Sanyukta : God this is sick. I am out of here.

I walked out of the house and went to my car. My parents could come with Randhir and his family as they have brought two cars. I can't stand this. I could hear there shoutings but i didn't care I have to settle things.

Randhir

After Sanyukta walked out our parents called her but she didn't wait. I was about to walk out too but Anju aunty stopped me.

Anju : Listen to us son. We dont have a choice. It was already decided.

Randhir : I can't aunty. We don't even like each other. We are not even friends and you expect us to marry that is stupid.

Renuka : It's for the best.

Randhir : I don't think so.

Saying that I walked out of the house and towards the sea the only thing that can me down now.

○●○●○●○

harshianu12
harsram
#fanaticscribblers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 7.1K 23
Are arranged marriages really as bad as people think or say they are? •️ 837 in FanFiction on 22/05/17 • 547 in FanFiction on 3/06/2017 • 433 in FanF...
765K 43.5K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
84.3K 6.3K 45
#1 in short stories on 17-6-2017 Few miles away from HER house, a car headed away from Bengaluru. "So how is it going?", his friend asked. "All my...
849 95 15
Randhir and Sanyukta are like two parallel lines, that can never meet at a point. Every time they think they can finally be together the further they...