Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{28}

2.1K 94 20
By Pandalion23

Everyone could only stare in silent shock at the outcome of the first match. Through the elevated screens before them, the heroes have undoubtedly won, but the villains were the ones who were in tact and still standing. The battle itself had been fought with everything on both sides, all the cards had been laid out and only one team remained standing. But it wasn't the winning side.

As the clock runs out: Times up!

All Might looks up at the monitor, a swell of pride filling him as he acknowledges the victory of his daughter and Young Midoriya, the two effectively using what they could in order to succeed. But, his enthusiasm drifts slightly as he understands the results of their battle, both receiving injuries that would need to be cared for. He had thought of stopping the battle even before it was done, even now, despite being as proud as he was, cringed at the reminder of the violence of the exercise, both students clearly pained from the trial.

"What a weird way for this to end," Sero voiced what everyone else was thinking, bewildered. "The losing team is practically untouched," One screen gives view to Todoroki who's helping you  wrap your bleeding arm with your scarf that you had taken from your neck. The fabric was glowing almost unnoticeably, having traced your own quirk through the threading, stemming the blood flow and trying to heal the large gash. Todoroki lifts you in his arms and he walks you both out of the cameras view and into the open hall. "And the winners are both on the ground!" Everyone looks to the monitors showing both you and Midoriya, Izuku having fallen unconscious and you were on the brink.

"How does the old saying go?" Tokoyami asked, "They may have lost the battle but they've won the war."

"This class is intense," Tsuyu pointed out.

All Might leaves the viewing room to see his students off to the infirmary through the large hole in the wall that Bakugo had made during the battle.

"Hold on," Shouto stopped you from trying to stand, you had winced and he had guiltily taken notice, you looked at him, your eye's still as bright as ever, he wondered if you disliked him in this instant. That thought scared him, but he wouldn't say.

"Wha--huh?"

Shouto lifted you effortlessly in his arms, a hand on your upper back the other under your knees, you didn't protest, feeling slightly relieved from the pain wracking through your body at the moment. Wrapping your right arm around his shoulder as he began making his way into the hallway, his gaze was straight forwards, he wouldn't even look you in the eye. "Thanks," you breathed.

He nodded, silent.

It's quiet as he steps across the ice covering the hallway, he glances around before noting your still shivering frame, the light breaths escaping you forming an icy cloud before evaporating. He takes another step when he activates his other side, being careful to keep it low, not to start a spark, not even an ember. The ice around you both begins to melt fast, falling from the walls and he steps back as a large piece slips overhead from the ceiling, melting to a puddle across the floor. The entire hall is filled with steam soon and you take a steady breath, your shivering subsiding and you hum lightly, pleased as he continues to walk forwards.

Your body heating up, he let's you shift in his grip, his grip along your backside curving up to bring you closer.

Tiredly, you leaned your head in his chest, blinking as you felt drained all of a sudden, you guessed now that the battle was over, that adrenaline you had going through you was fading.

You wanted to say something to him, but for now, you'd wait, you understood why he must be ignoring you. The gash down your palm and to your wrist is enough to give you a clue, so you don't bring it up.

Shouto gets to one of the lower floors but a medical bot is already making its way towards the two of you, the two floating, elevated bots are connect to a stretcher that they hold between the two of their mechanical bodies.

His gaze hardens at their presence before they speak. "On to the Infirmary," the one leading in the front whirs, there is a light hiss of air as they then turn to the side so the stretcher is facing Shouto. "Student should be taken to Recovery Girl for immediate attention," the mechanical whir of the medic bot stated as Shouto suddenly feels you slump against his chest.

His hold on you tightens and he notices that your eye's closed as you breathed evenly against his chest, you had passed out from exhaustion. His lips pressed together in a line, he bit his tongue, how horrible he felt for hurting you, he could see the way your skin had reddened, bruised and torn from ice burns, your scarf --that you had made into a makeshift bandage-- was dripping still with blood. He couldn't bring himself to look at you, how could you still even smile his way when he hurt you?

He carefully then set you down on the stretcher, you slept soundly, your lips slightly parted and your hair draped across your shoulder's --albeit messily. Still, your beauty made you a sight to behold, even as you lay there victorious yet beaten. Hurt, because if him.

You were taken away, a gentle whir that brings you down to the lower level, leaving Shouto alone in the damp hallway, only the slow, constant drip of melting ice to keep him company. After a few lost seconds, he continues down to the lower floor, finding the first level where All Might and Bakugo stood as the medic bots led Midoriya and you out of the giant hole in the wall and into the central building.

All Might stepped away from Bakugo as the boy only remained unresponsive to his advice.

Bakugo's gaze was taken by your departing figure, he couldn't seem to look away, his feet already dragging across the rubble coated ground to follow, instantly beginning to calm, but his brows furrowed at the injuries across your body, until he heard Todoroki's footsteps coming from behind him.

He stomped over to the dual-haired boy enraged, his palms sparking, catching Todoroki's blank stare as he glared equally at the hot headed teen. "You bastard, what did you do?!" He fought the urge to throw a punch, maybe break his jaw, as he sneered angrily at the boy. "We lost because of you, and you hurt her on top of it!"

Todoroki's expression changed, his fists balling up and Bakugo smirked at the crack in the blank facade, "Instead of blaming someone else for your failure, Bakugo, you should look around you," Todoroki challenged Bakugo, fighting the lifting sneer that was threatening to show. Referring to the giant hole in the ceiling, the singed holes across the hallway, rubble scattered across the ground. "This was your mistake. This is also a battle exercise, you nearly killed your opponent--for what?" Bakugo growled in annoyance at the boy, who looked him directly in the eye, not an ounce of fear across Bakugo's palms sparked, his body shaking.

"Shut up! I did my part! You should've done yours!" Bakugo spat, "You were supposed to protect the weapon, you asshole! You can't blame me for hurting her, you fucking bastard!"

Todoroki frowned, guilt climbing up to eat at him once again. "I didn't. I know what I did."

Bakugo tch'ed. "I should hurt you just as bad," he seethed, but instead clenched his fists, harder until it hurt. "I don't know what she sees in you," Bakugo scoffs.

"Feelings mutual."

Bakugo nearly popped a vein as he yelled at the boy, angrily after that, while Todoroki faintly smirked at the easily enraged male.

Off to the side, All Might watched the two's exchanges, surprised at the outcome, just about ready to step in, now the two were beginning to make their way inside. He straightened, humming thoughtfully before following to get back to the screening room, to talk of the results.

"Well, despite the results, the young MVP of this battle is Young Todoroki!" All Might declared.

Todoroki glanced upwards, his shoulders almost unnoticeably dropping, his expression never wavered but his nails begin to bite into the palm of his hands, while some of the rest of the class began murmuring to themselves in surprise.

Bakugo settles in the corner, still glaring a hole into Todoroki's skull, the boy passively ignoring him as he focused on his own personal thoughts.

"Huh?"

"That's weird..."

"Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners?" Tsuyu wondered aloud.

All Might straightened, grinning widely. "Valid question!" He puts his pointer finger up in mock thoughtfullness, "Why didn't I pick one of the heroes? WHO HAS A GUESS?" All Might lifts a hand up to encourage his students to reciprocate the action.

Yaoyorozu raises a hand. "Sir!" She makes herself known. "I can tell you why." With a hand still raised, eye's closed humbly and a confident tone, she begins to explain to the rest of her mentally lost peers. "Todoroki embraced this challenge, he was the only one who adapted to his assigned role. I'll explain," she began to effortlessly go into detail, All Might sweatdrops.

"Bakugo's judgement was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As he pointed out earlier, launching a large-scale attack indoors was a foolish move, it could've been disastrous. Similarly, Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out, considering the amount of damage he received. He rendered himself helpless, not smart," she continued. "As for Yagi, she had remained focused on the mission until the very end, she was plenty resourceful considering that she had walked straight into a trap. The match could've ended quicker if she had not been distracted by Midoriya's battle, leading to her temporary capture," Todoroki could imagine you'd be a blushing mess at the moment, probably sporting an embarrassed pout before laughing at your mistake.

Yaoyorozu continued. "Todoroki was fully prepared for his opponents arrival, he had a strategy and even if he was leveled on the field he gained the upper hand without wasting a second. He used every moment to his advantage, he never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon," she remained prompt and spoke nonchalantly as if everyone should already know. "Even if he was fouled in the end."

Nor Todoroki or Bakugo felt any sense of clarity from her explanation, both choosing to ignore her long running announcement. Bakugo was evidently urked by her, Todoroki didn't seem to care, although the way his nostrils flared mildly as he glanced every other second towards the door was lost on everyone.

"In the end the heroes won, yes," Yaoyorozu said. "But, they took advantage of the fact that this was training, they didn't respect the spirit of the trial."

It was silent for a moment, the rest oft the class stunned quiet, even All Might.

All Might made a sound as if he were hit, "Erg!" He grimaced in surprise, his brow sprouting beads of sweat. This girls really got a good eye on her! "Y-yes! Well, you overlooked a few things! But...OTHERWISE YOU NAILED IT!" All Might put a thumbs up her way.

"One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning!" Yaoyorozu stated, her hands on her hips. "That's the only real way to becoming a top hero."

All Might then returned to the container that held the lettered balls, "Now then!" He put a finger up, "Time to blow this joint! Let's move on to the next match!" He began to reach in to pull out the randomly selected battle matches. "Think about everything we saw and discussed as you tackle this training for yourself!" He reminded.

"Yes sir!"

Behind everyone else, Bakugo stared distressed and blank in the corner. Todoroki evidently the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986 30 15
Crushes were hard, especially when it was your childhood friend you'd bullied for years. Bakugo should've known this. He didn't. He didn't, not tru...
33.6K 972 18
"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪'𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩." ╰┈ ➤ katsuki bakugo x fem!reader ☆彡 ╭┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ⋆.ೃ࿔* ˗ˏˋ 𝐅𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐁�...
35.1K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...
407K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...