Wildfire (A Naruto Fanfic Boo...

By PhoenixCaleon

The Sound is destroyed, but I nearly took myself with it. Was surviving even worth it? I do not own Naruto o... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 23

22 2 0
By PhoenixCaleon

I sat on the windowsill, looking out at nothing.   Itachi was below me sitting on the floor, back against the wall, reading.  Everyone was finally getting along around us, and I felt... warm.  It's been a while since I've felt this...

Something was thrown at me, and I caught it without turning my head.  "Hmmm?"

Chihiro giggled.  "Look at it."

I looked down at my hand and smiled softly.  It was a golden hairpin with purple flowers.  "She would be happy... to see us like this."

I looked up at her as she smiled.  "I found it while cleaning, thought you would like it."

Minato sighed.  "It's been a long time..."

Itachi plucked the pin from my hands.  "You two wore this at the funeral. We stood with you... boys in tow, I think."

I narrowed my eyes at him.  "Exactly how long have you been stalking me, Uchiha?  You even remember hair pieces?"  He shrugged, handing it back to me.  "I think... things would be somewhat different if she were here."

Chihiro giggled.  "Yeah... you'd actually have an adult to reign you in." 

I scowled at her and then smiled softly.  "She was a bit outgoing herself... maybe my partner in crime."

Everyone who didn't know what we were talking about looked confused.  Aya shifted uncomfortably.  "Uh... who?"

I smiled brightly.  "Kushina! Our mom."

Ryo looked at me curiously.  "You had... a mom?"

I smiled wistfully, remembering.  "For a short time, yes... much too short."

Hinata turned to me.  "I never met her."

I shook my head.  "None of you did... I lost her the same night I became a Jinchuriki."

Minato nodded.  "It was unfortunate, but all of you would have loved her, I'm sure."

Itachi smirked slightly.  "I always thought that's were you're personality came from... when I first met her."

I saddened.  "Not me, but Naruto... he may look like Minato, but his personality is all her."

Izumi still looked confused.  "You met her, Itachi?"  He nodded.  "But..."

I sighed.  "He's my personal stalker... and I may have stayed in a lot of trouble..."

Chihiro smirked.  "We stayed in a lot of trouble... I can't say I miss the stalking."

I gaped.  "But it's endearing... how else could we push past our limits and be carried home."

She giggled.  "That's your thing."

I sighed.  "That may be true."

She shook her head.  "Really, Itachi... I don't know why you put up with her." He didn't reply, but his amusement was palpable.

Izumi watched us.  "So you two really are together now?"

I looked back out of the window, so Ryo responded.  "I mean... I know they're always together, but the kisses really should give it away.  Most cold, affectionate couple, I know."

Izumi blushed.  "I just thought... they were faking it to make me uncomfortable."

Ryo laughed.  "Even you can't give yourself that much credit, but I don't know how it all started... it just happened one day."

Minato smiled softly.  "It was after they separated... after the wedding."

I rolled my eyes.  "Keeping tabs on my life, Minato?"

He shrugged.  "It's what dads do."

I sighed.  "Perverts... all of you."  Itachi reached up and pulled a curl.  "That reminds me, Minato, apparently you two had a chat about me.  What was it about?"

Minato smirked.  "Don't worry about it."

I crossed my arms.  "Fine then... now I need to talk to Pein."

Aya giggled.  "You expect to gain a whole boyfriend and your father figures not to talk to him?"

I blinked at her, confused.  "Nothing changed... or so I was told.  Was I lied to?"

She sighed.  "You still don't get it?"

I stood.  "Alright..."  I grabbed her and Chihiro, nodding at Hinata to follow.  "You all got some explaining to do dammit."

They all giggled as I herded them into Chihiro's room.  Izumi trailed behind us and closed the door.  Aya flopped on the bed.  "What is it now, Kunoichi?"

I frowned at her.  "You and Ryo are like me and Itachi, right?"

She giggled.  "Yes and no."

I grimaced.  "That's not very enlightening."

She shook her head.  "Okay, okay... yes, he is my boyfriend."

I nodded.  "So... from my understanding, you spend a bunch of time eating and stuff."  She nodded.  "So... I don't get it."

She sighed.  "It's more intimate than friends."  I stared at her.  "You don't let anyone near you like you do him."  I nodded.  "So..."

I frowned.  "But... it's not that much different than before..."

Izumi rolled her eyes.  "You can't be serious."

Chihiro nodded.  "She's quite innocent in the dating department."  Hinata giggled as I sat confused.

Izumi sighed.  "It's like... being in a relationship, you spend time with the other person and are affectionate with them.  Like how you two are always together... or hold hands."

I arched a brow at her.  "Yeah... that would mean we've been together since I was, what?  Eleven?"

She blanched.  "So... how long..."

"Months, if you count the whole maybe being dead period."

She gaped.  "So... what did you think was going on?"

I shrugged.  "I've told you that this Uchiha obsession with childhood relationships is odd.  I just always thought he was acting weird.  Then, teasing me.  He always stalked me, but I always thought I was an interesting person, so yeah."

She sighed.  "And now?

"Mmmm... asked me to be his girlfriend and said not much changes... other than the sneaking kisses around other people, nothing did."

Chihiro sighed.  "You two are a special case. It's like you always fit together, so I imagine nothing much would change."

I looked at her intently.  "Okay, this got nowhere fast.  If that's the case, why did Ibiki, Minato, and Pein all of a sudden need to talk to him?"

Aya and Chihiro giggled.  I began to contemplate leaving through the window, but Chihiro stood in front of it.  "No escaping... most likely to see what his intentions are... nothing bad."

I tilted my head.  "His intentions?"

She sighed. "Like his commitment and stuff."

I rolled my eyes.  "He's been a stalker for over a decade now, and they suddenly wanna know what's on his mind."

Izumi looked at me thoughtfully.  "So... you really feel no differently about him?"

I met her gaze, confused.  "I've always loved him... so no... no different."  Everyone froze in shock.  "What?"

Aya smiled softly.  "You say it so casually as though it means nothing."

I frowned.  "I don't get it."

Chihiro sat beside me.  "I remember, when you realized it... even then, it wasn't something you made a big deal out of... you were more disappointed that you thought of it at that time."

I rolled my eyes.  "Still not really following why it saying it is such a big deal.  He made it seem that way, too."

They all looked at me in amazement, Hinata had a slight blush on her cheeks.  "You told him?"

I shrugged.  "Why not?"

Aya blushed.  "I mean... how did you tell him?"

I thought for a moment.  "I don't know some night while we were away."

She blinked.  "Did he say it back?"

I arched a brow.  "Duh."

Chihiro crossed her arms.  "So, it wasn't like a romantic dinner or anything like that."

I shook my head.  "Well... not really."

Aya sat directly in front of me.  "Have you two..."  she blushed.  "Ya know..."

I tilted my head.  "Nope, I don't know."

She got really red.  "Had..."

I blinked, now understanding.  "No.  Not that I would tell you if we did anyway, but no."

Chihiro laughed.  "I don't think they've done much more than those innocent kisses we sometimes catch."

I shrugged.  I don't like where this is headed... "Nope."

Aya narrowed her eyes.  "I don't know how he puts up with you... basically, you've really done nothing?  No real kissing or anything?"

I thought for a moment.  "I mean, we sleep in the same bed from time to time."

She let out a frustrated sigh.  "Like almost every night, maybe we're doing this all wrong."

Izumi shook her head.  "He's just taking it slow, clearly for your benefit."

I looked at her thoughtfully.  "I'm not sure if that's an insult."

She shook her head.  "It's not... it's actually really sweet.  Most guys are only after one thing."

I sighed.  "Now that... I know all too well."  That and that Itachi is far too old fashioned to go much farther than we already have...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 51.4K 73
The war is over. Yet, only one left alive is her. A girl, they never paid enough attention to. A girl, who is to be sent in time and change the whole...
486 13 10
Y/N, a Shinobi in Naruto, has an untold story of her life. She has experienced much, but more is yet to come. Meeting friends and loved ones, going t...
2.9K 171 41
Mysterious past and an unlikely future... Taken from a desolate home to the village of Kohona. Will she find peace in the only place she has known a...
887 89 41
It's been 2 years since the Uchiha Massacre and life has been interesting. We are summoned to the Leaf for some unknown reason... do they think they...