Happy April Fools? A KOTLC fa...

Por kotlcfanatix

The gang had gathered in Everglen for a sleepover when Sophie shared one human tradition. April Fools. Ever... Más

AUTHOR'S NOTE !!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 39

5.2K 79 178
Por kotlcfanatix

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: Before I start this chapter, lemme just go ahead and say... HAPPY KEEFE SENCEN APPRECIATION DAY!! 🥳

It's the day of our favorite empath, and the last day of my finals!! I'm so happy aaaaaaa I'm finally free from all the miseries!

Anyways, since it is our (and Sophie's) beloved Keefester's day, and the last day of my struggles, I will be uploading 2 chapters today (YAYYYY) so yes, enjoy!!

Last remaining chapters, everyone 🥰

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

Exactly 2 hours after everyone fell asleep, they stirred from their spot and slowly opened their eyes.

Biana, the first to sleep, just woke up and rubbed her eyes, trying to adjust from the darkness.

She looked out the window and realized that it was still nighttime, and not a lot of time has passed since she slept.

Her eyes wandered to her sleeping friends, where she noticed that Sophie, Fitz, and Keefe are nowhere to be seen.

"Linh, wake up." She whispered as she tapped Linh softly.

The girl opened her eyes, as she lazily woke up and asked "What's wrong?" which kinda sounded like "wush wong?"

"Fitz and Sophie are not here, and so is Keefe." Biana whispered back as she made unsuccessful attempts in waking the other boys.

Linh snapped her fingers and a blob of water splashed them in the face.

"W-wh-what?" Dex said, sitting up instantly. Tam was slower to wake up, as he's pretty much immune over this way of waking up.

"Fitz and Sophie are not here, and so is Keefe." Biana whispered again. They both looked around, only realizing Biana's words when their eyes have adjusted to the light.

In a few seconds, the door slammed open with a yawning Keefe standing by the doorframe. "Is Foster here?" He asked, yawning again.

"No, and so is Fitz." Linh answered. "You weren't here as well." She added, slowly standing up.

The rest of them stood as well, while Biana was on her way to turn on the lights.

"Mmhm, well Foster said you were all asleep earlier, and we just kind of slept at Fitz room, but when I woke up she wasn't there." Keefe said, scratching the back of his head.

All four of them shared a puzzled look, probably thinking of the same thing.

Tam cleared his throat and said "Sophie was the first one to sleep, though."

It was Keefe's turn to look confused, but he already thought of how to get the answers.

"We're finding Fitzy." he said as he made his way downstairs. The rest of the group followed him, also looking for answers.

There he was, at the living room, mindlessly reading a book with a hot beverage in front of him.

Before they could talk, he closed the book and turned to their direction.

"You're all finally awake. We've been waiting for you," he said as he tried to give them his usual smile, but kinda failing.

"Where's Sophie?" Dex asked, looking for any traces that Sophie was with him.

He shook his head and simply said "Shouldn't you be more afraid of our April Fools? We told you, it's not over until it's midnight." He said, pointing to the clock which showed 11:30pm.

He told them to follow him outside the gates of Everglen. "She's waiting by the Four Seasons Tree," Fitz said as he lightleaped by himself.

The rest of them followed immediately, and upon arriving, what caught their eye was 5 notebooks with their names, accompanied by a scroll.

"This... is my April Fools!" Fitz said, trying to keep his happy facade. "She's not actually waiting here." He added, giving out a weak smile.

"But, you still need to open the letters before you get to her prank." Fitz said as he stood somewhere far from the notebooks.

"Oh, and if it makes you feel better, you can punch me anytime." He said before finally retreating, bringing the 'notebook' and reading the scroll adressed for him.

Upon closer look, they realized it was a memory log, but of course, they all first opened the scroll, wrapped with ribbons of their favorite color.

In every letter, the first sentence that was written was

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!

----------

(All the letters starts after the sentence Happy April Fools!!)

TAM'S LETTER

Hi Tam!!!

The tea I gave all of you was real, but I mixed in a type of sedative where you'll wake up exactly 2 hours after you slept. That was my april fools, because my real gift is the memory log in front of you.

And well, telling you that we still have a whole day tomorrow, because we don't.

I know that you aren't the type of person to place your heart on your sleeve, but I was glad when you trusted me and my friends (err... except Keefe, but I hope you'll soon end up trusting him too) when we went to get you and ask for your help during the Neverseen.

We started with a lot of shadow whispering during Exillium days, and it was kinda funny because we were literally just meters apart and yet we talk secretly.

Even though my friends told me to avoid you, because you're a SHADE (which is something I never understood), I want to believe that we were fated to meet each other, because our paths still ended up crossing each other.

I don't want to admit that it's because I almost burned the school down, but I can't think of anything else.

Tam, we may not be the best buddies of the century, but I appreciated every moment we had. I especially had lots of fun during the Valentine competition, because I found more sides of you that I never knew before I lost my memories.

I wish I could still see more of you, or simply know you better, but it seems like I cannot.

I have left the Lost Cities tonight, in a mission to eradicate the Neverseen in the Forbidden Cities.

Only the Councilors, Black Swan, My parents, Elwin, Alden, Fitz and me knows about this. I knew about this mission just before the Valentines week.

I wanted to tell you guys- really, but I know that it'll only be harder for both of us if I did.

So I kept silent about it.

I focused on creating more memories with you guys than spending the rest of my days being sad and pitied on.

I'm sorry for being selfish.

I don't know when I'll be able to come back, or if I would even get to, but I promise that I'll always come back home.

But, if ever you feel like you want to see me, just look at the memory log I made, hoping that it would make you feel like I'm still there.

Take care of the gang for me, especially Biana. I'll inflict on you from the other side of the world if you hurt her.

Sophie Foster

----------

LINH'S LETTER

Hi Linh!!

The tea I gave all of you was real, but I mixed in a type of sedative where you'll wake up exactly 2 hours after you slept. That was my april fools, because my real gift is the memory log in front of you.

And well, telling you that we still have a whole day tomorrow, because we don't.

My unexpected and reckless thinking made me met you, and I don't regret almost burning the Exillium if it meant you'll be the one to save me.

Linh, when I inflicted positive emotions on you during our breath holding session, it was really because I wanted you to trust me.

Because I wanted to be your friend.

It was hard though, because Tam was always by your side, and besides- who would want to be friends with the new student who almost burned Exillium down?

No one but the both of you, and I'm truly grateful for that.

Linh, we might not have known each other for as long as me and the others have, but our connection was as strong as anybody else's.

You're a kind person who's willing to go such lengths for someone, that sometimes you forget to do the same for yourself.

I know that your past still haunts you, and honestly? It doesn't matter if it still does.

We all have our own experiences, and we have every right to feel whatever we want.

I just want to tell you that no matter what mistakes you've think you've done, especially feeling bad about Tam's decision to go with you, never ever blame yourself for that.

You've taught me to accept myself for who I am, without forgetting everything that led me up to this point.

I want you to do the same, and I wish I was there to see you and be with you through your journey, but I guess I'll just have to do with supporting you with every step of the way.

I have left the Lost Cities tonight, in a mission to eradicate the Neverseen in the Forbidden Cities.

Only the Councilors, Black Swan, My parents, Elwin, Alden, Fitz and me knows about this. I knew about this mission just before the Valentines week.

I had this strong urge to tell you guys, and trust me when I say I wanted to escape my responsibilities and just be with you all.

But, when I remember each and every one of you, it just gave me more reasons to finally finish them, once and for all.

Linh, I don't know when I'll be back, or if I'll be able to come back at all.

This memory log infront of you is full of every special memories I spent with you.

A single memory log is not enough to show you how you made my life sparkle than ever, but I wish it'd remind you of me.

Take care of everyone there for me. If you ever find someone you'll love, let me meet him when the time comes, okay?

Sophie Foster

----------

DEX'S LETTER

Hi Dex!!

The tea I gave all of you was real, but I mixed in a type of sedative where you'll wake up exactly 2 hours after you slept. That was my april fools, because my real gift is the memory log in front of you.

And well, telling you that we still have a whole day tomorrow, because we don't.

Dex, I know we aren't real cousins, but I'd give everything for it to be real.

It's so amazing to know that I have this awesome technopath best friend who's also my cousin and will willingly leap to wherever I am to save me just because I pressed the Panic Ring he gave me.

When I first met you at Slurps n Burps, I didn't know that we'll make it this far.

You were with me during a lot of embarassing moments- failing chemistry, kidnappings, feeding Verdi, the circlet thing, having trees in the Wanderling Woods- TOTALLY EVERY EMBARASSING THING EVER!

There were even moments that we almost fell apart, but we ended up closer because of those.

I even doubted as to how would you like me, when you've seen all of my flaws and shortcomings?

But then again, I also accepted you despite everything else. Because I knew it would kill me when you weren't by my side.

And so, we stayed as friends, which turned out to be the best choice.

Dex, to imagine a world without you is so impossible.

I'd wake up to Iggy and see his fur, only to remember that you were the one dyeing him.

To use the Panake perfume on my way to Foxfire only to remember you making it for me.

It's hard, and I'm sorry that I'd be making you feel how painful it is to actually live in a world without someone.

I have left the Lost Cities tonight, in a mission to eradicate the Neverseen in the Forbidden Cities.

Only the Councilors, Black Swan, My parents, Elwin, Alden, Fitz and me knows about this. I knew about this mission just before the Valentines week.

If I had a choice, I wouldn't tell any one of you, but because Fitz and I have a Cognate bond, he was bound to know.

On the other hand, I wanted to tell you all about it, because I know how hard it is to hide something from someone and carry the burden alone.

But, this was something I want to carry alone. I don't want to tell you that I'll be gone and come back who knows when, when I'm not sure myself if I'll be able to come home.

The memory log infront of you is made of the specific memories we had, which I personally chose.

If you ever miss me, I hope this log can relieve it, even for just a little bit.

Take care of the gang for me. Don't hate Fitz, I know you'll tackle him after reading this.

Oh, and say hi to Marella for me!

Sophie Foster

----------

BIANA'S LETTER

Hi Biana!

The tea I gave all of you was real, but I mixed in a type of sedative where you'll wake up exactly 2 hours after you slept. That was my april fools, because my real gift is the memory log in front of you.

And well, telling you that we still have a whole day tomorrow, because we don't.

Bi, you are one of the most beautiful elves I know, inside and out. You never cease to amaze me how sincere and loving you are, even if it meant it'd hurt you back.

I was so lucky to have been friends with the real Biana Vacker that people never had the chance to see.

I still remembered the day you first talked to me.

You thought I was also trying to befriend you because of your brother, and you know what? It's not true indeed, but I did like your brother back then, and of course you know that.

It was also exposed that you befriended me because of your Father's orders, but I didn't mind it at all.

You were too precious to lose over that fact.

You were the type of girl friend that I've always longed for- the girl who'd be all dress up and makeovers, sparkles, and boys.

Even if that isn't my cup of tea, I've always wondered what it felt like to have a girl friend I could talk with about those topics.

And then, I met you.

I wish I had more time to be with you, and I wish I could've graduated normally like everyone else, but unfortunately, I just graduated from Foxfire.

The reason why is related to the next thing I'll be writing.

I have left the Lost Cities tonight, in a mission to eradicate the Neverseen in the Forbidden Cities.

Only the Councilors, Black Swan, My parents, Elwin, Alden, Fitz and me knows about this. I knew about this mission just before the Valentines week.

I had to graduate early, so that when I come back, I won't be left behind by the times.

The thing is, I'm not sure if I'll even be able to come back.

I don't want to give you false hope by saying I'll come back no matter how long it takes, but I do want that too.

Don't think that you or anyone else is incompetent to assist me in this mission, because you're not.

I did this because I want you all to be safe, and even if I wanted to bring you all with me, I couldn't exactly stick to my promise that I'll keep you all safe, right?

All the makeovers, basequests, sleepovers- I'll miss them. I placed all those memories in the memory log in front of you, in hopes that you'll remember me.

Take care of the gang for me. If you and Tam ever decided to get married, I'll be there.

Sophie Foster

----------

FITZ'S LETTER

Hi Fitz!!!

I bet you weren't actually expecting that I also have a separate gift for you. Well, why not?

You deserve one as much as everyone does. You've been a very special person to me, and that wouldn't change.

Not because we're cognates, but because we're friends.

Friends who have shared the ups and downs of life in a span of- what? 4 years?

I mean, wow. It's been that long?

It felt like just yesterday when I met you at the museum in San Diego, ran away from you, and agreed to light leap here with a STRANGER?

I kinda realized that I was soooo stupid for following a complete stranger who showed me impossible stuff on our first meeting.

But, that stupid mistake brought me here, and I'm forever grateful for you, and for being the naive person I am.

This isn't actually a secret, but you remember the spyball I own? I passed it on to my parents, so maybe if you'd get on the good side of Grady, they might let you guys use it?

I don't know though, maybe one feeding session with Verdi will do the trick.

I'm keeping this short, because you honestly know everything and I don't know what to tell you anymore.

We've basically poured all the embarassing stuff we wanna say during our cognate test anyways.

I placed all my gratitude in forms of memories in the memory log in front of you.

I wished I could graduate together with you, but we all know that's impossible.

Congratulations on graduating, Fitz!

Take care of the gang for me, especially Keefe. Don't let this break him.

P.S. I'll transmit to you every 1st of the month. It's your choice if you want to tell them about it.

Sophie Foster

----------

KEEFE'S LETTER

Keefe.

That tea I gave you all as gift? That wasn't my real gift. The real gift is the memory log infront of you right now. That beverage was simply a decoy, so that I can keep you guys asleep for 2 hours.

I guess that's my April Fools.

As well as telling you goodnight, because this is definitely not a good night.

So, what can you say? I executed this perfectly, right? Did it beat the Great Gulon Incident? I hope it did, because I can't create any more April Fools Pranks with you guys.

Keefe, when I was writing this letter, I was struggling to fit everything I wanted to tell you into a single scroll.

But, I figured that it will never fit, or that words are never enough to tell you how much you've made me happy.

You see... you were right all along. I am hiding something, and I think it's worse than whatever you were thinking.

First of all, I'm sorry. I kinda learned how to properly keep my emotions in check, and I have turned off my enhancing ability so you wouldn't feel the emotions I was feeling all these time.

I'm sorry if I have hidden something big from you.

Trust me, it was hard. I honestly never wanted to tell you my feelings, because I knew that this day would come.

I thought I'll end up giving you false hope, and that I'd be robbing you of the happiness I made you feel.

I was actually prepared to keep this feelings hidden all along.

Even before, I removed my memories because I thought it'd be for the best if I never loved you.

Are you shocked that I remembered? During the Q&A last Valentines week competition, I actually remembered everything.

Well, except for the reason why I removed my memories.

Now, before leaving, I decided it was time to remember, and I guess even before, I was ready to shoulder it alone, even if it meant I'd be unhappy.

Keefe, you don't know how much you've helped me become a better person. You don't know how big your impact is in my life.

The first time I met you in the hallway? I knew you were going to be someone important, but I didn't know you would be THAT important to me.

I loved that it was you, and at the same time, I hated it.

What if you get scorned for being with me?

What if you realized it wasn't me who you actually love?

It was scary, but I still took the risk.

Remember when you told me I should try creating new memories?

I did that.

I risked everything just to feel how it is to be loved by you, and only you.

It may have been a little too short, but I'd be willing to repeat all the life choices I did, if it meant I'll get to experience that best shortest time of my life again.

Now, I'm going on a solo mission in the Forbidden Cities to completely eradicate the Neverseen.

The only ones who knew about this are the councilors, Black Swan, my parents, Alden, Elwin, and Fitz.

Please don't hate Fitz, he just happened to know because of the cognate bond. If I had a choice, I wouldn't even tell anyone of you.

I don't want to be selfish and say things like wait for me, because I want you to be free. I'm not sure how long it will take me to come back, or if I'll be able to come back at all.

I can still go on and on about all the things you made me feel and experience, but as I've said, this scroll isn't enough.

I poured all my feelings into making the memory log in front of you, and I included a tiny little gift there as well.

Advance happy 2nd month of dating, and congratulations on graduating from Foxfire!

To be honest, I actually graduated too, because I skipped all levels in this previous months.

I may not be graduating with you, but do know that I'm not gone.

I'll forever live within you all.

I love you, Keefe. Always have, always will. I will always find my way back to you.

Take care of the gang for me.

Sophie Foster

----------

A/N: Whew. What a long chapter! I hope you liked it!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

70.5K 678 29
𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖺 𝖻𝗎𝗇𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝖿 𝗌𝗈𝗄𝖾𝖾𝖿𝖾 𝖿𝗅𝗎𝖿𝖿!! 🄰🄻🄻 🄲🄷🄰🅁🄰🄲🅃🄴🅁🅂 🄱🄴🄻🄾🄽🄶 🅃🄾 🅂🄷🄰🄽🄽🄾🄽 🄼🄴🅂🅂🄰🄽🄶🄴🅁! 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 �...
94K 2.4K 23
Keefe's departure took a toll on Sophie. She's been in a bad place, her life spiraling downhill. Deciding that she can't stay at Foxfire for the Elit...
6.2K 143 22
During a sleepover at Everglen, Sophie, Keefe, Fitz, Dex, and Biana decide to get their matchmaking scrolls. When Sophie's comes, to her surprise, Ke...
140K 1K 34
Hi guys! This is my first story, so if all goes well, I'll make another KOTLC story! Hope you enjoy it! Story: Sophie and Fitz are both oblivious to...