Haley: A Criminal Minds Fanfic

By MrsGrace101

Haley Grace Hotchner ran way from home when she was 11, she had a rough life when she was gone, what will hap... More

Chapter 1: Dad
Chapter 2: My First Case In Three Years
Chapter 3: Telling The Team and Seeing Jack
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: My Birthday
My First Case as an Agent
Reuniting a Family
Chapter 9: Kenzie
Authors Note

Chapter 8: School Bullies

254 5 0
By MrsGrace101

(Three weeks after completed case.)

Dad dropped me off at school and drove to work. Even though I was a fully functional FBI federal agent, I still had to go to school. I walked into the school and as it was only 7:00, I went to Uncle Jason's office. Some people knew of my relation to the principal, whoever Matt O'Reilly did not. Only Macey, Lilly, Kelsie, Kailyn, and my teachers knew of me being an official federal agent. My gun stayed in my book bag along with my Swiss Army Knife. As I wondered into the office, my thought kept going back to the case 3 weeks ago, we hadn't had any really big cases since that one. I pulled out my computer and logged in just as Uncle Jason walked into his office.

"Morning Haley."

"Good Morning Uncle Jason."

"Whatcha working on..."

"Paperwork."

"They still make you do paperwork?"

"Yeah."

"You want some coffee." He said as the pot finished.

"Yes. Black."

He sat the cup in front of me. Thanks Uncle Jason."

"You're welcome. You best be heading to Homeroom, School starts in 10 minutes."

"Okay," I said as I stood up to walk out, "see you later."

"Bye Haley."

I walked out of Uncle Jason's office to find Matt O'Reilly walking into the school. He must have seen me walk out because he called my name. I ignored him and continued to my locker. I put all my stuff in my locker that I wouldn't need, locked my locker, and started to Homeroom when none other than Matt O'Reilly stepped in front of me blocking my way.

"What do you want Matt?"

"I want to know what little miss FBI baby did to have to go to the principals office?"

"I didn't do anything."

"Then why were you in the Principal's office."

"I always go to UNCLE JASON's office I the morning."

"Uncle Jason?"

"Yeah now move." I pushed past him and went to my Homeroom class. I sat down in my seat just as the bell rang. Mrs Smith took role and soon class started. 

Finally, it was time for lunch. I sat down at my table with my friends when I got a call. I checked my watch and it said it was from JJ. I left the table and walked outside the cafeteria.

I answered, "Hey J, what's up?"

"Garcia's gonna send you some files. We need help profiling this case, but it's too dangerously for you to be in the field."

"Okay."

"I'll see you when I pick you up from school."

"Okay. Bye J."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone just as Matt walked into the cafeteria. "So, Hotchner. Who's J."

"My Aunt JJ."

"Well. You're not allowed to have your phone out at school."

"It was FBI related."

"Still. Principal Gideon will have to punish you."

"He gave me permission..."

"You listen to me you worthless little punk," he said, "no one cares about you."Then, he hit me. I was fuming, but I stayed calm.

"You just assaulted a Federal Agent," I said.

"No. I punched a little worthless punk." He punched me again and just as I punched back, Uncle Gideon walked out of the cafeteria.

"Haley Grace Hotchner," He said, "what the hell is going on."

"You see Principal Gideon," Matt said before I could say anything, "Haley punched me after I was simply talking to her."

"Both of you my office now." Uncle Jason said infuriated, most likely at Matt class considering he looked to the left when he said this which clearly means you're lying. Matt however had a smirk on his face as we walked to Uncle Jason's office. When we got there, Uncle Jason called me into his office first, "Haley. What happened?"

I looked Uncle Jason straight on the eye, telling him that I wasn't lying, "I got a call from JJ, because Garcia was needing to send some files to my laptop. I hung up just as Matt walked in the door. He told me that I was going to get in trouble because I had my phone out. I told him it was FBI business. Then he told me I was worthless and no one cares about me. Of course I didn't believe him. He punched me in the face and I calmly told him that he just assaulted a federal agent. He said he didn't and then punched me again. I punched him back just as you walked through the door."

"I believe you Haley," he told me. And then called Matt in.

"Are you not going to make Haley leave?" Matt stupidly asked.

"I don't see why she has too. You're the one the one that punched her."

"She's lying Principal Gideon. She also had her phone out."

"She had my permission to have her phone out. However, back to the situation at hand. Haley would not punch someone without reason seeing as she has been trained by the FBI. Miss Hotchner could arrest you Mr O'Reilly for assaulting a federal agent which is a very serious offense. And before you say she is lying about both things, I can tell she isn't lying and that you where. You see Mr O'Reilly, I'm a retired profiler for the FBI's BAU. Haley isn't lying because she looked me straight in the eye as she told me what happened, while you looked to your left. If someone looks to the left while saying something, it clearly means you are lying. Also, I've been around Haley her whole life, and everyone at the BAU can tell whenever she is lying because she won't look you in the eyes." Matt had a startled look on his face, "Now, Mr O'Reilly, you're suspended for two weeks and suspended off the football team."

"What?!?"

"Yes Mr O'Reilly. You should be glad Miss Hotchner didn't arrest you."

"She can't, she's 14."

I pulled out my badge and showed it to him. "Yeah. I am. A federal agent for the BAU."

"Mr O'Reilly, I'll have to contact you're parents."

"Whatever," He said and then walked out of the office.

Uncle Jason then turned his attention to me. "I'm only going to suspend you for the rest of the day. Do you want me to call your dad or one of the others?"

"Derek. Call Derek."

"Ok. Go get your work from the rest of your teachers."

"Ok."

I left the office and went to all my teachers to get my work. Then, I went to my locker and packed up. I went back to Uncle Jason's office and sat don in front of his desk to start working on the files Garcia sent. Uncle Jason was just getting on the phone with Derek. I could hear both sides of the conversation.

"Morgan."

"Hey Morgan, it's Gideon. Are you alone?"

"I am now. What's wrong?"

"Haley punched a kid today."

"What!?!"

"Relax Derek. She's only suspended for the rest of the day. It was self defense and the other kid did punch her in the face twice first. The first time she was punched she didn't do anything, nuts the second time he punched her, she punched him back just as I walked out the door. She asked me to call you instead of Hotch."

"Why?"

"Well, you know how Hotch can be..."

"Yeah. I'll come pick her up after I explain to Hotch what happened."

"Okay. Thanks Morgan."

Uncle Jason hung up and then turned to me, "Morgan's going to talk to your dad and then come pick you up."

"Okay."

"Your dad won't be mad at you Haley. Morgan will explain the situation."

"Uncle Jason. You know how dad can be. He isn't always the most understanding."

"I know, but hey your only suspended for the rest of the day. And, your not even kicked off the cheer team."

"I guess you're right Uncle Jason."

"I know I'm right." 

"Now, I have a case to help profile."

I turned back to my computer to work on the case.

*time skip 30 minutes later*

Derek just walked in the door. He was directed to the principal's office. He walked in and Uncle Jason dismissed me.

"Bye Haley."

"Bye Uncle Jason."

We walked to the office for me to be checked out.

"Can I have your name sir," the receptionist asked.

"Derek Morgan."

"Are you related to Miss Hotchner?"

"No. I work with her dad."

"I'm sorry sir, but you can't check her out. Her emergency contact is her Father Aaron Hotchner and someone by the name of David Rossi."

"Gideon!" Derek screamed.

Uncle Jason came out of his office. "Yeah Morgan."

"Tell this person that I can take Haley with me."

"Kelly. Derek Morgan is an FBI agent that works with Haley and her father. He can take her back to the office."

"But sir. He isn't on the emergency contact. Aaron Hotchner and David Rossi are. What happened to her mother."

That's when I lost it. I started crying. "Just let Uncle Derek take me to the office I don't want to talk about my mom." Derek pulled me into a hug.

"Hey. Haley. It's okay."

"No it's not Derek. I had to watch as Foyet killed her Derek. I was 11 Derek."

When I finally calmed down, Kelly did end up letting me leave with Uncle Derek. I was sitting in the passengers seat while Derek was driving me back to the office. "Hotch isn't mad Haley."

"Are you sure? I should have kept my temper in check."

"Haley he hit you first. Twice. You had every right to hit him back."

"I know. It's just. He got suspended for two weeks. I only got suspended for a day. I kind of feel sorry for him. I feel like somethings going on that he doesn't what other people to know."

"And what would that be Haley?"

"I don't know. Mabey something's happening at home and he take his anger out on other people at school. He bullies literally everyone. I'm the only one that'll stand up to him."

"Look Haley. I'll help you look into him and his family if it'll help you. Okay?"

"Okay."

We pulled into the parking lot and showed our badges. Derek went and parked and we walked inside. We flashed our badges at security and went up to the BAU floor. When we got there everyone rushed up to me asking me why I was here so early. Everyone except Dad and Derek.

"Haley." Dad said, "My office Now."

I walked up to dad's office and sat down on the couch. He sat down beside me. "I'm not mad at you Haley. If anything I'm proud. I hear he's the bully that bullies everyone."

"Yeah."

"Come here." I gave him a hug.

"Dad?"

"Yeah Haley?"

"Will I ever get over mom? Today at school the receptionist was looking at my emergency contact form, which by the way, you need to add the whole team to because they almost didn't let Derek take me home and they wouldn't have if it weren't for Uncle Jason, they wouldn't have, she asked what happened to mom, and I broke down dad. Will I ever get over her?"

"Haley. You'll never get over mom. But, she'll want you to be happy. Okay?"

"Okay."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Jack's Nanny By A

Fanfiction

24.7K 496 18
Haley Hotchner is returning to work for the first time since Jack was born. Since Aaron has odd hours, they are forced to hire a nanny, Emily Prentis...
53.3K 1.6K 34
𝐒𝐔𝐍 & 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍, in which Averie Montgomery soon-to-be Hotchner learns how to juggle her new life whilst also trying to tame past trauma's. π’πžπͺοΏ½...
1.4K 27 7
Aaron worked for Emily Prentiss' mother and meets emily, who will later work for him. See how this all plays out! au time change?: emily joined the...
55K 738 21
Aaliyah is 4 and is sassy like her daddy what happens if her dads secret comes out that he has a daughter how will the team react? what happens if an...