City Boy (TodoBaku)

By _Calv_Haii

At his final attempt, Enji Todoroki created his 'Perfect' creation. A dual quirked user that was forced to be... More

Chapter 1: Sadness
Chapter 2: Dull
Chapter 3: Betrayal
Chapter 4: New kid
Chapter 5: Art Class
Chapter 6: Interest
Chapter 7: Words can Cut
Chapter 8: No Love Interest
Chapter 9: Fight
Chapter 10: Someone Else
Chapter 11: Wonders
Chapter 12: unhero-like
Chapter 13: Shine
Chapter 14: Confidence
Chapter 15: Haunted House
Chapter 16: Trigger
Chapter 17: Sorry
Chapter 18: Pain
Chapter 19: Concern
Chapter 20: Cool Down
Chapter 21: Sorry for being me
Chapter 22: You Should Be Sad
Chapter 23: Can I Die?
Chapter 24: You're you....
Chapter 25: Cuddle Weather
Chapter 26: ...Talk
Chapter 27: Another Perspective
Chapter 30: Too Easy
Chapter 31: I'm Not Dead
Chapter 32: Worn out
Chapter 33: One Tragic Day
Thank you!!!!
Chapter 28: Try Having Friends
Chapter 34: I Want You Back
Chapter 35: Evidence.
Chapter 29: Human Heroine
Chapter 36: Is he.... Him?
Chapter 37: Save Shoto
Chapter 38: Quiet Chaos

Prologue

9.4K 234 754
By _Calv_Haii

Third Point of View

Shoto Todoroki. One of the hidden offspring of Endeavor, the number 2 hero. The Todoroki family is one of the vastly wealthy families in Japan.

Endeavor married a maiden that had beautiful white hair and magnificent glowing skin. She was beyond attractive. No one could compare in Enji Todoroki's eyes. She fell in love and so did she. The maiden's name was Rei. She thought she was blessed to have Enji as partner in quirk marriage but she regretted it.

Now the woman's glow was dull. She's now in the mental institude that her own husband put her in. She had 4 children. She loved each one. She never meant to hurt her youngest. She loved him but went out of control and thought that Endeavor was eavesdropping on her conversation with her parents. She unintentionally threw the boiling water in attempt to protect herself from the cutches of endeavor but was mistaken for Shoto's left side.

Shoto even though was purged in scaulding hot water still loved her mother but after the incident he never thought that her mother reciprocated the love. After all, he was called 'unbearable' and 'Hard to look at'.
Shoto when he was a baby loved everything. He liked any form of life, even bugs, snakes and spiders. Spiders took a time for him to find interest in.

He appreciated life for what it was, despite the danger. He looked at everything in a scientific way. Like instead of being scared of snakes because of their venom he thought that they only needed them as time goes on, they develop it because they needed it upon hunting for prey. He was a fast-learner and Enji liked that about Shoto. But he immediately piled work on work upon shoto when he started developing his own mind at the age of 2.

He was given a private tutor and 2 maids to assist him. He was always cheery and kept himself from feeling down. When he felt pressure he would always think that "It's for his future" well that was what Enji says.
In a young age he was capable of speaking fluently, had the capavity to even memorize the Table of Elements.

He was glad being praised by his tutor and the maid but the worst part was Endeavor always finding flaws in shoto. He rarely, I mean rarely complements or acknowledges shoto's achievements. The tutor kept writing down shoto's progress in a 'Diary'.
He writes a diary of shoto's accomplishmesnt due to his fondness of the bright boy.

He would be saddend by Endeavor's treatment towards him. When shoto memorized all the elements within the table and what their names are, endeavor shot down shoto's enthusiasm by asking "Pathetic, before you celebrate what is Cobalt's melting and boiling point? How many neutrons are within Bismuth? See! Don't celebrate early" He scofffed then stomped towards his office.

Shoto cried that time. It was his first time crying about how pathetic and worthless he was. His maids and tutor were sad upon the breakdown of the now 3 year old child.  Since shoto didn't have the freedom to make friends, he doesn't know what other children his age was like. His father told him that children his age could already do algebra and trigonometry even though those lessons were taught to highschool students.

He didn't know the children his age weren't even able to talk properly.
The next day shoto was determined to learn more about numbers. He only got invested in the table of elements because he loved science. He wanted to learn more in adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying, to put it in easier terms MDAS. His tutor was happy seeing the boy happy again but that happiness was kind of lacking.

He nonetheless taught him numbers and the 4 operations used in math. After a couple months of studying shoto was capable of using it to an extent where he would match a college student at addition, subtraction, division and multiplication. He also taught him the use of integers. He teached him about negatives and positives.

The tutor spoke "Okay shoto, let's try fast questions again" he said. They had this game called fast questions where he, the tutor would fire 10 questions and after that shoto would answer after the 10 questions were stated. This helped in memorizing quickly and sharpen his hearing and brain reflex.

"Okay so 10 x 1789, 500÷9, 6789 + 3, 342×57, 12-2000, 609÷ 6, 78+ 4028, 1639×8" the tutor spoke.

"Hmmm..17890, 55.56, 2263, 19494, -1989, 101.5, 4106, 13112" shoto said looking up and with closed eyes trying to picture everything in his head. Like a calculator or a board and writing everything down. He smiled when he looked at his tutor and he raised a thumbs up and a smiled plastered on his face. He was really glad to learn with the tutor.

Now they were back to science. Talking about the solar system and the population of the world. Shoto's eyes kept lighting up when their topic was about stars, elements and especially fire and ice. They also managed to talk about volcanoes. "We have 3 types of volcanoes, a Shield volcano, the kind of flat volcano" he said while drawing it on the paper of shoto's paper.

"Hehe, Why is it called a shield? Is the next volcano a sword one? Or maybe a gun? And even an arrow" the younger joked until a voice erupted through the room. His tutor was laughing at first at the enthusiasm and creativity of the kid but he stopped when he heard his client's voice boom through the room. "Why are you talking nonesense! What kind of baboon mind do you have!" Endeavor said while stomping through the room and grabbing his son by the collar.

"S-sorry father, it won't happen again" he said pleading to let go. Rei ran through the doors and stopped his husband. "Don't! He's just a kid, damn it! Let him go!" Rei took shoto from him and he glared at the man. Enji slapped her wife then said "You better not give me that shit! If you don't want him to get hurt then don't turn him into a dumbass! He will no longer be my son if he says anything more stupid"! He declared.

"If I ever see that kind of behaviour again I swear!" He yell and stomped away and threatening the poor child. Shoto hugged his mother's neck while being carried by rei. "Sorry momma, I was just .... sorry" he said defeated. He didn't want to make excuses of how immature he sounded because he wouldn't want to anger her mother and father.

"No no, baby don't apologize, you did nothing wrong" rei said rubbing her son's back. "T-then why did father hit you?" Shoto cried. "Just breathe, don't cry " rei said dodging his question. "Sorry mom for being so..stupid..." shoto apologized once more saying what his father stated. "No, you're not dumb. You have learned alot and you're certainly gifted" rei comforted him with a tight embrace.

After a while the younger fell asleep and he told the tutor to go home for now and apologized for what he witnessed. He said "I understand, kindly hug the boy for me, He doesn't deserve the harsh treatment" The tutor said while lightly rubbing the younger's two toned hair. He smiled then fixed the table and cleaned up his stuff and went home to his own family.

He needed to take a bus, the train and a 10 minute walk to get home. When he arrived an ash-blonde woman greeted her. "You're quite early? How did tutoring the kid go, Masaru?" The woman spoke. "Her mother let me go home early, they got into another fight with his husband. Poor kid, he was almost strangled and I can't do anything about it" Masaru spoke and kissing his wife, Mitsuki.

"Hey mom!!! Where's my water balloons?!?! I'm gonna' throw them at deku!" Their son yelled. "Don't throw them at your friend Katsuki!!" Mitsuki yelled back. The boy got down the few flights of stairs and smiled upon seeing his father. "DAD!!" He yelled and ran to then while hugging them. "Why are you early?!" He said excitedly.

"Oh its nothing" he said and then katsuki spoke "How was Shoto? Did he get Beat up again?" Katsuki asked feeling pity for the unknown boy. Katsuki would always eavesdrop in their conversation. And he always felt bad about the kid that his father always talks about. At first he was angry because the other boy gets to spend time with HIS dad but when he learned what 'abuse', 'beat up', 'pain', and trauma was he was glad that he was with his father.

Katsuki let shoto off the hook since he felt bad about his life. He contrasted his life from the unknown boy and started to empathize with the younger. He at first was jealous at shoto since he was way smarter than him and his father talks about was shoto and not him. He then appreciatted his dad when he learns that shoto's own father beats him and yells at him.

Mitsuki and Masaru looked at their son and said "How do you know about shoto?" They asked. "I hear your conversations all the time" the boy shrugged. "Katsuki, don't ever say what we said to anyone" mitsuki said.
Katsuki nodded. "Son, never say this to anyone. We can get hurt when they learn that someone's been talking bad about them.

Katsuki's eyes went wide and nodded in fear of not wanting his parents to get hurt. They had dinner and katsuki didn't ate the broccolis because it reminded him of a certain someone he despised. He went to bed and looked around his room. "I wanna meet him and give him a hug" he told the teddy bear beside him. He felt bad for the child he never even knew about.

I hope I meet him. Katsuki's eyes shut close and hugged the large bear.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.5K 19
While fighting one of the nomus, Torodoki Shoto was struck by an age changing quirk, turning him into a little child, with the effects lasting for 14...
11.2K 436 70
Every Wednesday, a new chapter! "My legs are so heavy. My chest is burning. My throat is dry. My head is pounding. Am I getting sick? Am I even able...
521K 16.5K 50
"𝙒𝙝𝙮 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜?" Y/N L/N didn't have a very happy childhood. A catastrophic incident left her in the streets, and she ended up se...
303 1 17
WARNING: Sad subjects, $uicidal/depressing subjects Shoto Todoroki, slowly progressing to socialize more. Learning day by day, has been talking and o...