Caught By Flames (Kyojuro Ren...

By FlameBaby_Kyokun

Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain w... More

1 : Prolouge
2 : Training (1)
3 : Training (2)
4 : Final Selection (1)
5 : Final Selection (2)
6 : Final Selection (3)
7 : Recovery
8 : We Meet Again (1)
9 : We Meet again (2)
10 : Out for the Day
11 : A Day in the Garden
12 : Demon Train?! (1)
13 : Demon Train?! (2)
14 : Please Live...
15 : Special Attention
16 : The Truth and Emotions
17 : Vulnerability
18 : Kinda Random Chapter lol
19 : Another Random Chapter lmao
20 : Not Again...
21 : Sweet Confessions
omg y'all, update on manga series
22 : Lovey Dovey
23 : Beauty
25 : Date Night
26 : Divided and Connected
27 : Happiness and Joy!!
28 : Swordsmith Village
29 : Upper Moon One
30 : Spotlight
31 : Lonely Sky
32 : Daydreams or Nightmares
33 : Train, Damn Pillars
34 : A Gruesome Night
35 : Kyojuro,- no wait- SURPRISE!!
36 : Bonding + Announcement
Side Story : Haunted
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (1)
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (2)
37 : The End of the Beginning (1)
38 : The Beginning of the End (2)
39 : Your Hell (1)
40 : Your Hell (2)
41 : Your Hell (3)
42 : Your Hell (4)
43 : Your Hell (5)
44 : Your Hell (6)
45 : Saved Or Not?
46 : Promises of War
47 : End of the War (1)
48 : End of the War (2)
49 : The Ending (1)
50 : The Ending (2)
51 : Her Dream of the Past
52 : Epilogue
Important Announcement I guess lol
Not an Update, Sorry lmao
Hello again, I'm back for the grave. Kinda
I wanna have an even number of parts so

24 : Smile

8.3K 262 548
By FlameBaby_Kyokun

You huffed and opened your eyes, weakly, to look at the moon that poured in through the cracks of the building. Your body wouldn't move, it refused to. No, it didn't refuse, you just couldn't move. Something was stopping, no, restricting you. You had watched in slow motion as you got buried under rubble, and now you're stuck like this. It was inevitable. Some of the structure had sliced your skin, but it was nothing fatal.

The air was filled with dust as you tried to slow your breathing unsuccessfully. How did this happen? You clenched my fist, the one you could still feel. The other was above the ruble slightly, and felt numb. You could make out the chilly air of the atmosphere using the hand outside of the rubble, but that was all. It was useless, really. You tried really hard to think of a way out, but that was also useless. You were far to weak, due to your injuries, to get out on your own.

"What happened... oh, that's right... I was fighting that sickle guy with Tengen-san and Tanjiro...'

With the crushing weight of the destruction above you, you felt your ribs crack more than before. It hurt. A lot. It didn't stop you, though. What stopped you was the feeling of blood on your face. Was that there before? You couldn't remember getting hit on the head... a sudden burst of wind moved your hand, your eyes widening. It sent a sharp pain into your entire body causing you to yelp. With uncontrollable tears falling from your eyes, you stiffened your expression. 'This was your fault,' you thought. 'If I hadn't been so reckless- if I had let someone help, Akaza wouldn't have dealt as much damage as he did... I would be useful right now... damn my ego...'

You figured there's no point in being awake when you couldn't do anything. Might as well rest while you could. Everything hurt. To much to actually think about anything, at least.

You closed your eyes and drifted off into an unconscious state. It wasn't a normal sleep. When you opened your eyes, you were in a dark area. Everything around you was black, but there was solid ground beneath you. You looked around and began running not knowing what this meant.

'Did I die? No, that can't be! I refuse to die! I won't! I don't want to die!' You shouted to yourself with tears finally escaping your eyes. You felt like you had been running for hours when you finally came face to face with your mother and brother. "Onii-sama, mother, what are you doing?" You questioned coming to a halt. With wide eyes, you felt two pairs of arms wrap around you.

"You've changed so much, (Y/N)!" Your older brother spoke into your shoulder. "Why are you here? You shouldn't be here! You don't belong here yet!" He pulled away grabbing both your shoulders and staring at you deeply.

"Am I... dead?" You asked blankly with no expression. You felt tears streaming down your face, but you couldn't muster a smile. You couldn't even form a frown.

Mother only shook her head, "You're not dead, (Y/N). But since you're here, there are some things you need to know..."

You nodded and wiped your face off quickly, forcing a determined look on your features.

After what seemed like another eternity, you finally felt warmth. It was strange, because you only felt it on one part of your body. You looked at your family for answers but they just smiled and hugged you saying goodbye. They told you they loved you and that they'd always watch over you.

You slowly began to open your eyes to see the moon still high in the sky. You were still buried, but you felt someone grabbing your hand. They weren't pulling it, they just held it softly. You felt a cool liquid slide down your arm and realized whoever it was, they were shedding tears. Your fingers twitched from the coldness and immediately realized a reaction. Whoever it was, tensed and soon left screaming something. You couldn't hear what they said, nor could you decipher who it was, but you knew you would be free soon.

You felt some of the weight lift off of you, somehow causing more pain, and then you saw the full sky along with multiple heads of people staring down at you, some of them climbing in to grab you, but you saw something white flutter in the sky.

A soft smile covered your features as Kyojuro grabbed you gently before anyone else got to you. From the look of it, he had been crying as he held you close to his chest. "I... I thought I lost you, Snowball..." he whispered into your ear as small sobs escaped him.

You closed your eyes and shook your head, "Kyojuro... I-can you... do something for me...?"

He paused for a moment, then hummed. You opened your eyes back up and gazed at his gorgeous face, "C-can you smile...?" You asked and placed a small kiss on his cheek. You waited until he chuckled and smiled, finally laying your head in the crook of his neck, satisfied.

"Oi! Is that (Y/N)?!" You heard Tengen shout loudly. You didn't have the guts to face him due to the shame you felt for being so useless. Kyojuro just gave a slight nod, "That was a might and flamboyant show, (Y/N)-san! You may be a midget, but you got skill!" He said with his wives at his side. You only smiled into Kyojuro, hugging him tighter. You felt tired and cold, but with Kyojuro there you knew you could live longer.

Tengen approached the two of you, "When I saw that building fall, I thought we had lost you. But, yet again, you do the impossible and survive such a devastating attack of nature. Very flamboyant!"

You chuckled, "For a moment there... I thought I... was dead too... in fact... I... saw my brother... and mother..." Kyojuro's face saddened. "Onii-sama got mad at me for... being there..." you chuckled, it sounding strained, "but... we said goodbye... so... I'm okay..."

"You're really strong, (Y/N)-san...!" Tanjiro said with a sad tone and tears streaming down his face. "We all thought we lost you! If it wasn't for Rengoku-san showing up, we wouldn't have found you...!"

You frowned at his words, "You obviously... haven't met... the others if you... think I'm strong... I'm usually... spending my time... at the butterfly... mansion... because I'm reckless to no... extent." You huffed, forcing Kyojuro to set you down by pushing him off balance.

"(Y/N)-!" He shouted before he felt a tingling feeling on his face. Everyone stood there shocked realizing what happened. He looked at you with worry, "(Y/N)... what's wrong? Did I do something to upset you...?"

You shook your head with an intense stare at your own hand, "You haven't done anything wrong, you goof." They could tell you were straining yourself, but you back away when Kyojuro went to help you.

"Oi, why'd you hit Rengoku-san, brat?!" Tengen glared at Inosuke as soon as the words left his mouth.

"To make sure I wasn't dead, because honestly, I feel really dead right now." You smiled softly at the boar masked boy. "We should go ahead and get treated, though. I'd prefer not having any one die after a battle." Tengen nodded while you slipped your hand into Kyojuro's. Once the groups of injured people were a bit further ahead you whispered, "I'm sorry for slapping you." He just sighed and stopped walking while facing you. He cupped your cheek with a loving gaze.

"I wish you would have let me know... before you left in such a bad condition... If not for your crow telling me... how bad your wounds from the fight with Akaza really were... I wouldn't know how much pain you're really in right now..." he placed his forehead on yours, "let me take you home, (Y/N)." He spoke softly, wrapping one of his hands around your waist.

You stared at Kyojuro for a moment trying to understand what he meant, but then gave a small nod. He would have done it regardless, so there isn't a point in fighting him about it. "Lead the way, flame boy." You smiled and wrapped your arms around his shoulders. He smiled with joy and swept you off your feet happily.

"Flame boy?" He asked sounding a bit offended, yet playful st the same time. "More like your boy!" He winked and began walking to catch up with the others. You watched his saddened expression fade completely as his bright shone in the darkness. It made you giggle, forcing Tengen's attention to the two of you.

"The hell were you two talking about back there? You seem awfully cheerful for someone who almost died, then claimed she felt dead." Kyojuro laughed loudly at his statement.

"I only apologized, geez. Don't be so rude to someone who almost died! Gimme some slack, Tengen-san~!" You whined playfully.

Everyone began laughing and having a fun time during the walk back. It was a struggle, and you felt bad for Kyojuro since he insisted that he carry you the entire way.

2 months later~

You swung your pirate like weapon multiple times, practicing your breathing like a beginner. It had been to long since you trained in all of your forms. With one last swing, you felt two arms wrap around your waist. You squealed as you felt soft and small kisses on your neck.

"K-Kyojuro-!" You shouted with a flustered face.

He hummed in response and looked at you with a smug smile. "I only came to say hello, do you not like my hello?"

You looked away, refusing to answer him. He took that as a 'yes, I do' and pulled you off your feet, swinging you around. With a loud squeal, you tried to pull yourself from his grasp, but like every other time, it didn't work. "Kyojuro...!" You whined, "Put me down-!" He chuckled and did just that.  You pouted, "you're no fair, flame boy." You crossed your arms and looked away.

"Well, flame boy or not, I don't like to see you pout. Why not let me make it up to you, let's go out tonight!" He chuckled seeing you peak towards him with a curious expression. "Can I see you smile?" He asked.

It was a rule you made after the fight with Upper Moon 6, whenever one of you asked to see the smile of the other, they had to. No matter the circumstances. So, you cheerfully gave a smile and kissed his cheek.

"Alright, you can take me out this evening, but for right now, I want to visit Tanjiro since someone had to interrupt my training." You gave him a side glare.

"I don't know who would do such a thing." He playfully ruffled your hair and began walking towards the room Tanjiro was asleep in. You ran up to him to walk side by side, and began feeling your cheeks warm up. You didn't know why, but it randomly happened to you. Kyojuro looked down at you, "You okay, Snowball? You're looking a little red..." he worriedly asked making your cheeks burn brighter.

"I-I'm okay!" You quickly responded, speeding up. You made it to Tanjiro's room and saw glass broken on the ground with flowers spread across the doorway. Your eyes widened as you saw Kanao sitting beside Tanjiro with a smile plastered on her face. "T-... Tanjiro!!" You shouted and ran towards him happily. "I'm so glad you're okay! You had us all worried! Its been so long since you've opened your eyes!" Kyojuro felt a but jealous towards the boy, but knew that you wouldn't try to do that on purpose.

"S-sorry for making... you worry..."

"Oh, shut up! You did really good, kiddo! I'm proud to call you my subordinate." You giggled and drug Kyojuro over. "He's supposed to be your Tsuguko right? Then act more worried, Kyojuro!" You whined, Tanjiro watched Kyojuro smile awkwardly.

"You're so cute, Snowball." He chuckled and watched you let go of him pouting once again.

"You're no fair." Tanjiro sweatdropped looking to Kanao for answers, but she only shook her head and watched happily. "Stay here and talk to your Tsuguko, I'll go inform the others since Kanao-chan obviously hasn't."

"But-... I wanna go with you!" He said and watched her walk off giving him the cold shoulder.

"You know how she gets, Rengoku-san. Don't mind it to much, knowing her she'll come back and start clinging to you like she has been recently." Kanao tried to cheer the fiery man up.

He gave a nod and directed his attention the boy quietly huffing. "You did good, Kamado, my boy! I heard all about it from Tengen-san." He smiled brightly.

"I-I didn't... do... much, though..." Tanjiro said.

"You have lots to learn, my boy! One thing to learn is to never speak modestly in front of (Y/N)! She'll have your head like Aoi or Shinobu!" He chuckled when Tanjiro gave a confused smile. "Nevermind me. Once you get healed up, I'll start training you in your sorely lacking swordsmanship!"

A few minutes passed when you came skipping back into the room. "Tanjiro-kun~! I brought some friends!" You giggled and let the people file in.

They all celebrated in the small space and were interrupted by Inosuke climbing on the ceiling. You scolded him, but soon felt overjoyed at the fact everyone made it out okay. You shuffled around every and began cleaning up the glass from the vase Kanao brought in. The girls asked you not to, but you insisted and ended up slicing your left palm deeply. Blood began pouring out, but you shrugged it off and tied a cloth around it.

"Are you sure you're okay? That was pretty deep..." Aoi inquisitively asked.

You smiles, "I don't feel any pain in that arm from the elbow down anymore, remember? Besides, as long as I let it heal properly, it shouldn't do much more damage than what's already done." You closed your eyes and smiled brightly with a slightly tilted head.

Everyone was yelling talking about how Inosuke was a moron when Tanjiro fell asleep. You were the first to leave with Kyojuro following closely. He gazed lovingly at you as you walked happily. "You're not mad at me, right?" You turned your head facing him and shook your head.

"No, why would I be mad? I know I pout a lot, but I'm never mad, goofball." You ruffled his soft hair. "Besides, you told me you'd make it up to me, right? So that means even if you do upset me, I have something to look forward to!"

He was amazed at how much you were changing yourself. It was due to the train incident, it had to be. But... it was you who wanted to change, meaning it wasn't anyone's desicion but your own. You were more open about things, and were almost always wearing a smile. He pulled you into a sudden hug, holding you close to him as if it was the last time he'd see you. You smiled gently into his chest and gripped the haori that hung off his shoulders. "I don't deserve you, Snowball." He whispered, but you only shook your head.

"You always say that, and I always say the same thing after." You got onto your tip toes and kissed his chin softly, "Who gives a damn about what you deserve and what you don't? Ehat matters is that you have me, and that I have you." He chuckled and grabbed your hand intertwining your fingers, pulling you away from the building.

"Let's go have that date now." He smiled at your cheerfully blushing face as you nodded at his words and walked by his side confidently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 219 24
ON HIATUS 🫶 - OVERWHELMED WITH SCHOOL!! BE BACK SOON <3 Demon Slayer x Female Reader heavily focused on: Sanemi Shinazugawa x Reader L/N Y/N, th...
22.7K 965 55
(Book 1 of 4) "Stay." Kyojuro pulled her close again, overwhelmed with emotion as he held her tight against himself. "Please, just for a while longer...
505K 24.9K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
6.1K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...