Maid For Him

By _dowsaaaa_

Ariana Jacobs and her mom are struggling to make ends meet everyday because of the death of her father, which... More

I'm Not Maid For This
She Maid Me Mad
Sean Was Maid For Me
What Maid Her So Happy?
I Maid The Bad Boy Lose
I Maid A Fool Out Of Myself
I Almost Maid It
I Can't Believe She Maid Me Jealous
He Maid Me Realize I Like Him
She Maid Me Defend Her
He Maid Sean Apologize
She Really Maid Me Confused
He Maid Me Feel Safe
She Maid It Awkward
He Maid Me Fall For Him
I Maid A Huge Mistake
Only He Maid Me Feel That Way
I Maid Her Cry
He Maid Me Have A Bad Date
I Maid Sure He Didn't Get Lucky
This Time He Maid Me Jealous
I Maid It Even Worse
Why Is It That He Maid Me Feel This Way?
She Maid Me Feel Like Nothing
He Maid Me Love Him Even More
Girls Maid Us Softer
He Maid Me Bitter
She Maid Me Not Give Up
I Maid The Right Choice
She Finally Maid Her Decision
First Date
Party Time
Let's Hope We Maid Up
We Maid a Pact
Fixing the Mistakes we Maid
The Beginning of the End
Meeting the Parents Gone Wrong
Grand Romantic Gesture
That Crazy Ex of Mine
Whatever Doesn't Kill you, Only Makes you Stronger
Welcome Home?
Playing Cupid
Pre-Prom
Prom Night
Epilogue

Don't Ever Listen to Mystery Texts

43.5K 1.1K 497
By _dowsaaaa_

**Ariana's P.O.V.**

That was probably the best birthday I've ever had. I woke up to a freshly baked cake from my mom, it was delicious by the way, and she also bought me a laptop.

Zack's present was by far my favorite though, even though it was pretty reckless of him. Hasn't he ever been taught not to get a tattoo of someone's name? He doesn't know if it'll work out between us, but he seemed confident that we would work out and I really hope we do. I wasn't planning on falling in love with him, but I'm happy that I did. He isn't perfect. He'll annoy me, piss me off, say stupid stuff, and then take it back. But all that aside, I'll never find a guy who loves me more than him. He's the most wonderful person I've ever met, and I can't imagine my life without him.

I don't even know why those maids would just use him for his money. The perfect guy isn't the one who has the most money or is the best looking; he's the one who makes you smile, makes you happy, loves and treats you well, and who will take care of you each and every day.

Truthfully, I could talk about Zack all day and all night and I'd still have a million more other things to say. But too many words become meaningless, so I'll just leave it at that.

Damn, if I had a penny for every time I thought about him I would be a billionaire...

I woke up to find the bed empty next to me, but he left a note saying he had to get home to his family and being that he spent the night last night, I wasn't going to keep the poor guy here. I understood that he needed to be with his family a lot more from now on and help out, and that was perfectly fine with me.

My phone vibrates from the nightstand and I try to reach it without actually getting out of bed because I'm lazy like that. But just before I can reach it, it falls to the floor forcing me to get out of bed to grab it. I see Zack's name instantly making me perk up, forgetting my laziness. I smile as I open his message.

I just wanted to tell you:

You mean the world to me. You're the most amazing girl. You are sweet, kind, and caring. Thanks for being there for me when I needed you. I would be lost without you, I'll never let you go. I love you.

P.S. do you like my new contact name? ;)

-Your wonderful, talented boyfriend. xo

I smile at the end because that is, in fact, his new contact name.

Thats so sweet, you know I'll always be here for you. And even if you wanted to let me go, I wouldn't let you. You mean too much to me for me to just give you up. I love you too.

P.S. You're lucky I love you enough to not change your contact name!

I send that reply before setting my phone back on my nightstand, making my way to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. After spending probably half an hour in the bathroom, I step out and quickly put on the first thing I see. I'm not big on spending so much time getting dressed when nobody even looks my way anyways.

I grab my phone reading Zack's response with a smile on my face.

I'm only sweet for you baby. And I'll spend forever giving you more reasons to love me.

I reply with a 'Forever is a long time...' before heading downstairs.

I know forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side.

I can't help but 'Aww' at every one of his messages.

He makes me feel so giddy, and I laugh too much because of him. Even his name alone brings butterflies to my stomach, when he walks into a room my heart speeds up, and just thinking about him makes me smile.

"Tell Zack I said hello," my mom says while entering the kitchen interrupting my thoughts.

"How did you know I was talking to him?"

"Well, for starters, you just admitted to it, and you had that love struck smile you get when you're thinking about him."

I blush, making her laugh, "How was your birthday yesterday with him?"

"It was great," I gush, smiling just remembering it.

"I hope you two didn't hit a home run last night and just slept in your room, without my permission by the way."

My eyes widen as I realize she must have saw us together when she came home earlier this morning, probably before Zack left.

"Just so you know, I made sure to tell Zack the rules."

"What rules?"

"The 'if you want my blessing' rules. No more staying over unless permission is granted, the door must be left open at all times, and if he is allowed to stay over there I better not come in and see you two wrapped all around each other," she says sternly.

"Fine," I sigh.

"Now for the sex-"

"No! We are not discussing this."

"But you need to be safe I'm just-"

"-trying to keep me safe, I know. But this is just too awkward for me."

"Just make sure to use protection-"

"Okay mom, bye!" I yell rushing out of the kitchen, not even bothering to get something to eat. I'd rather go without breakfast then have the dreaded sex talk with my mom.

****

I'm just parking my car when my phone vibrates and, thinking that it was Zack, I check it. But it wasn't Zack, in fact it was a blocked number. Confused I open up the message to find a video link. I click on the video link and it shows up as what appears to be a video taken from an iPhone.

It starts out pitch black, but then Zack and Vanessa become visible. The camera zooms in a little, letting us see and hear them clearly.

"Why are you lying to Luke?" Zack says.

Lying to him about what?

Vanessa pales a little, opening and closing her mouth before finally speaking, "I'm not lying to him."

"Bullshit."

"I'm just not telling the truth."

"That's what people say when they're lying."

"I'm not lying."

"Now you're lying to me Vanessa. I thought we always told each other the truth?"

"Just drop it Zack."

"No. Tell me why you're lying to your boyfriend. Haven't you ever watched a romantic movie?! One of them lies, then they realize they should tell the truth, but the other finds out before the other tells them and BAM-"

"Well this isn't a romantic movie Zack so just drop it!" She cuts him off.

"Jeez, no need to yell."

"Sorry, you're just really getting on my nerves. This is my relationship not yours."

Zack turns to look at her in disbelief, "Nessa, you're dating my best friend. I care about both of you. I just don't want to see one of you get hurt."

"Well I've already been hurt Zack," she snaps.

"I can handle it," she states more calmly.

"Well I wasn't there for you when you got hurt, just let me be there for you now."

"I don't want him to only be with me for sex," she blurts out.

She thinks that's why Luke is with her?

"How does lying to him help?"

"I don't know, don't guys usually go for virgins? And he's still with me even though I told him I'm not one, so he must actually like me."

"Isn't that supposed to be when you tell him the truth then?" Zack points out.

She sighs, "I can't because then he'll know I was lying and he'll hate me for not telling him the truth."

"He's your boyfriend and my best friend Nessa, you need to tell him the truth."

"Promise me you won't tell Zack."

"But-"

"Promise me."

He sighs, "Fine."

"Thank you," she replies gratefully giving him a quick hug.

Suddenly a loud banging noise sounds, like a locker being slammed shut, where the video stops recording.

Who the hell took this video?

Another message comes in from the same blocked number a couple seconds later.

Your precious boyfriend and his cousin are hiding this from Luke. He deserves to know the truth about his 'loving' girlfriend. Send this to him, or else.

Or else what? They don't even have anything on me.

A new attachment pops up after I have that thought. I click on it and it's a picture of Alec and I kissing. Where the hell did this person get this? It looks like we're in the kitchen of Zack's house, but I don't understand how this is incriminating. But then I see the date on the picture and it indicates that this picture was taken last week, when Zack and I were dating.

We wouldn't want Zack to know that you were cheating now would we?

What? I didn't cheat! This picture is fake! I should show Zack and put a stop to this right now.

But then he might dump you.

That thought scares the idea of showing this to Zack right out of my head, as another text comes up.

P.S. Tell anyone about this and you'll regret it.

There goes the idea of telling Zack.

All you have to do is show this to Luke.

But then it might ruin his relationship with Vanessa.

It's either his relationship or yours.

That's the last thought I have before I decide that, for the sake of my relationship, I have to send this to Luke and possibly ruin his relationship.

Why couldn't this person just send it to Luke themselves instead of dragging me into this?

So I download a free texting app, in order to keep Luke from knowing that I sent it, and send the link to the video to him with the message 'sorry I had no choice'.

I angrily exit my car, making my way to school, hoping that this day gets better.

****

The day didn't get any better. If anything, it got even worse. First, Zack got partnered up with Emily in one of your classes and she made a point to use any excuse to keep touching his arm. Then I didn't do well on my history quiz, probably because I was too busy celebrating my birthday than actually studying. And to top it all off, I was super nervous for how Luke would react to the video.

Now I'm sitting at our usual lunch table with Lexi, waiting for all of our other friends to show up. At least today we had a decent lunch, instead of the usual mystery meat they serve us. Zack, Tori, and Alex were the first to come, followed by Nick, with just Luke and Vanessa missing. Tori and Alex were feeding each other (aww), Nick and Lexi were attempting to feed each other; utterly failing as Nick got some of the frosting from a cupcake on Lexi's nose resulting in Nick licking it off, while Zack and I were eating our own lunches, like normal people, and just talking. Luke and Vanessa finally decided to join us, but with Luke coming at an alarmingly fast pace with no tray of food in his hand as Vanessa was walking quickly after him trying to keep up, and that's when all hell broke loose.

Luke came up to our table, looking extremely angry, as he slammed his hand down, "So 'best friend', you couldn't even tell me that my own girlfriend was lying to me?"

"Luke please," Vanessa pleads, but her attempts at trying to calm Luke down are effortless.

"W-what are you talking about?" Zack asks, looking nervous.

Luke takes his phone out and starts playing the video I sent him earlier to Zack. Everyone at our table gathers around to watch it, but I just sit there feeling guilty for even listening to that stupid text I received.

After the video is over Zack's eyes shine with a huge amount of guilt, probably feeling terribly bad for not telling Luke about it, even though he clearly wanted to in the video.

"Luke I wanted to tell you but-"

"Well you didn't, so I would appreciate it if you just left me the hell alone because I don't need to be friends with someone who won't even tell me if I'm being lied to."

"Luke wait-" Vanessa cries out, grabbing onto his arm.

Luke snatches his arm away from her, giving her a cold glare, "Don't touch me Nessa, we're over," he snaps.

He gives Zack a glare as he turns around, walking out of the cafeteria. The whole cafeteria is silent, probably wondering what that was about. Zack looks distraught, and its understandable why, because he just lost one of his best friends. Nick looks torn, not knowing what he should do. He looks at Zack then the door that Luke just walked out of.

He shakes his head at Zack, "You should've told him," he says before getting up and leaving, probably to go talk to Luke.

Vanessa sits down at the table, silent tears running down her cheeks as Lexi and Tori start to comfort her. Zack sits there just staring at the door that Luke left through. And I sit there, along with Alex, not knowing what to do. This is all my fault. If I had just ignored the message, or even showed it to someone, this wouldn't have happened.

Finally Zack speaks, "Ari, can I use your phone? I left mine at home."

"Uh sure," I say handing over my phone.

I go back to eating, seeing as there isn't much else for me to do.

"Ari, what's this?"

I look over to see Zack on the texting app I downloaded, reading the new message from Luke that says 'Thanks for the video, you just don't know who you can trust these days'.

My face pales, looking up to see the look of betrayal and hurt on Zack's face.

"You sent that video to Luke?"

I open and close my mouth, unable to reply.

"How could you? I just lost my best friend because of you!"

He hands me my phone, starting to get up.

"Zack, wait I can explain-"

"Save it Ari," he says shaking his head at me in disappointment as he also leaves.

"You did all this?" Vanessa shrieks.

"No I-"

"You cost me my boyfriend!"

"It's not what it looks like I got-"

"I can't believe I considered you my friend," she snaps, "You don't deserve Zack."

"I didn't mean for this to-"

"Shut up. Just shut up!" She yells, before standing up and slapping me so hard the sound is heard throughout the whole cafeteria, once again silencing it as everyone looks on with wide eyes.

"Don't you fucking come near me again, or you'll get more than just a slap you bitch," she snaps.

I stand there holding my cheek as I feel the the stinging her slap caused, as she walks out as well.

Alex, Lexi, and Tori look at me with wide eyes as they realize that, yes, I did send that video to Luke.

Tori shakes her head, looking at me with disappointment in her eyes, as she too gets up, along with Alex; who's also looking at me like she is, as they both leave together.

Now it's just Lexi and I at the table. I look over at her to also see disappointment, as well as confusion, in her eyes.

"Are you going to leave as well?" I ask her bitterly.

"W-why would you send that to him Ari? I don't understand," Lexi asks.

"It's complicated."

"Well un-complicate it."

"I can't tell you," I sigh.

"I'm your best friend Ari, you can tell me anything."

"Best friend or not, I can't tell you. I'm sorry."

She looks at me with obvious hurt in her eyes, causing me to feel more guilt. We've always told each other everything, so I get why she's hurt. But this is not something I can tell anyone. The texts explicitly said 'tell anyone about this and you'll regret it.'

"Well when you decide that you can trust me again, I'll be here," she says before she too gets up leaving me at the table alone.

I listened to the texts and I managed to basically lose all my friends as well as my boyfriend. I thought I was saving my own relationship by possibly ruining another one, but all I managed to do was possibly end both of them.

I hate my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 4.8K 36
He's dangerous. He's hot. He's older. And he wants me to run away with him. *~*~* Charli Temple is a good girl. She has good grades, her parents lov...
1.5K 10 35
[COMPLETED] [UNEDITED] Athena Vasilios had just figured out that her parents had been leaders of the Italian Mafia. Unfortunately, they've passed awa...
629K 18.8K 28
Please note that this was my first story EVER written when I was 12 years old (5 years ago to the current date) and it's not good. There are some ver...