Proving Her Wrong

By CutiesCupcakes

He's the bad boy She's the good girl with the mind of a three-year-old He smirks She smiles He chuckles She... More

Prologue
Main characters intro
Encountering my Ex's
Freshly Baked Cookies
Prank Wars
Stranger Danger
Up's, Downs and Gravity Falls
Mr. Jerk and I
Like the wave of an ocean
Bike rides & Wild animals
The Good Girl in Disguise
Love Sick
The Bad Boy and The Eensey Weensey Spider
Distance
The Green Eyed Montser
Girl Talk
Party and Pricks
Played By The Good Girl
Stuck in Jail
Sleeping Beauty & Car Crashes
Our Grey Eyes
The Heart wants what it wants
The Four Musketeers at The Rescue
Double Dates & Ace
She's Bella Wilson
Thunderstorms and Heartbeats
One Kiss is All it takes
Mission Impossible
Threats & Revelations
Hurting & Shadows
Invasion, Stalker & Convos
Friends & Foes
Endings
Truth
Home Sweet Home
An Unexpected Encounter
Twinelicious
The Man that Once broke My Heart
Team Bella
The Owner of My Heart
The Little Angel & The Protector
Togetherness & Hopes
Oreos & A Sleepless Night
Death & Solace
Buddies & Chances
Game Over
Revelation & Vow
Bella : The Female Wolf
Wrestling & Rose Petals
My Battles
Playing with Water
Confessions & Akward Situations
Woman in Black

Detention & Rooftop

705 32 8
By CutiesCupcakes

Don't forget to VOTE + COMMENT ;)

xoxoxoxo

-Cutiecupcakes

Chapter 36

Bella / Mariah's POV 😇

"Hey pssssst dork," said a teenager on my right.

I completely ignored the voice as I stared straight ahead and pretended to take notes on what the teacher said, while really I was writing reasons why I shouldn't show this kid what this so-called dork could do.

Deep breath.

Remember that he is underage.

After a few seconds of peace and I thought that he finally gave up.

Boy was I wrong.

I was aimed at with a crumpled paper ball thrown at me.

I could practically feel the vein in my brain pop and I turned at him with a murderous glare.

"Remember to behave," I hear Caleb's voice though the small bluetooth piece in my ear.

"Whatever, " I snapped back at him as I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"What," sneered the rude teenager. He was buff and seems to have no manners which is exactly why I decided to call him buffalo.

I pushed back my fake glasses as I looked at him.

"Oh sorry. I wasn't paying attention. You were saying?" I said innocently.

He looked at me with a look of satisfaction.

Deep breath.

Think of happy thoughts.

"Go on, don't be shy ask me out," the buffalo chirped.

"Puhlease" I snorted in a low voice enough for Caleb to hear and making him groan in laughter.

Think of your beautiful children.

Think of nutella and ice cream.

I sighed.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked yet again 

He nodded in triumph.

"Well then please do me a favor and get out," I said pointing at the door.

"Funny dork," He lets out a humorless laugh.

Does he think that calling a girl a dork will make her want to date you?

What has happened to their generation?

"You want to go on a date." He asked suggestively as he raised his brow.

This is illegal.

I can be put to jail for this.

Oh man, this is ridiculous.

I shook my head has I plastered a tight smile and lied, "I have a boyfriend."

"Oh come one he doesn't have to know," He whispered with a wink.

Gross.

I could hear Caleb stifle a laugh amused at my situation.

Jerk.

Gosh I didn't take a 101 course on how to get out of this situation.

Seriously what is that teacher doing?

I'll tell you what he's doing a poor job.

A few hours here and I'm already speaking to myself. I'm seriously losing it.

"Come on I know how to please a woman, "He murmured near my ear as he put his hand on my thigh and tried to put his hand under my skirt.

I saw the teacher looking at us, but he avoided my eyes.

That's it.

I took the boy's hand roughly before pinning it in a painful manner making it reach his shoulder. He yelped up from his seat. He tried to grab me with his other hand, but I twisted and pinned both of his hands over his head, pushing him to kneel down into the floor and the satisfaction I got could not be explained in words.

But damn does it feel good.

"Well, then please leave me alone," I stated.

Students gasped in shock the teacher visibly paled as he opened his mouth in horror. Once he calmed down he hurried to save the poor kid from my wrath.

"Apologize," I ordered the student.

"What is this disrespectful act Marriah." The teacher chided as he tried to rescue Buffalo.

Of course, he will choose to intervene now of all the time.

I put pressure making the animal hiss in pain and the teacher panic.

"SORRY," Yelled out the creepy Buffalo.

"Detention," the good-for-nothing teacher spat as a way of stopping me.

I glanced at him before looking back at the boy.

"Look if I see you ever touching someone without consent or even spatting degrading things..." I gave him a look that said it all.

I turned to the teacher, "Mr. ..."I dragged.

"Smith," Caleb reminded,

"Smith, a teacher who gives a blind eye when such things happen. I wonder how that will look?" I said out loud.

"Are you menacing me?" He asked incredulously.

I unbuttoned my two front buttons of my top knowing that the good girl act is not going to work and ran my fingers over my hair.

"I can't believe you just did that," I heard Caleb, but I tuned out to what he was saying.

I turned my back to the teacher, "No, I'm just telling you to do your job properly or you'll be unemployed."

With that, I exited my class with my head held high as Smith called behind me and students watched me leave in pure disbelief.

Soon enough I came out of the building and checked the surroundings making sure there was no one soon enough I walked to a mini-van which was parked a bit further.

I entered in without a word.

Caleb stood there with a laptop and other devices.

He turned to face me and eyed me carefully as if trying to assess my mood.

I took three deep breaths.

"That was something else," He grinned.

I forced a smile, "Remind me again why am I pretending to be a high school student?"

"Well, we received news that there are suspicious things occurring in this high school, and what better way than having an insider go in?" He said in a matter of fact of tone.

"Honestly this school sure does suck," I said glaring at the building in front of me as if it will just vanish.

I groaned out.

"Why do I have to be the high schooler?" I pointed to myself to emphasizes.

"Because you are the undercover cop and I work better the technology stuff. Also, you can actually pass for a teenager with your mood swings." His eyes grow wide in realization that he said the last part out loud.

I crossed my arms and gave him a look.

He laughed exaggeratedly, "I was just joking."

I groaned as I took my head in my hands.

"What do I have to do to get this over with?" I finally asked exhausted.

"Be normal report anything unusual, I will be guiding you through the earpiece and if you double-tap on the left side on your glasses whatever you see will be recorded I will also be able to see it." He instructed as he showed me how to do it.

"You're telling me to act normal. Do you think anyone will believe I am normal after what happened?"

"Actually about that..."He says sheepishly as he pointed at the screen to see a recording of what I did.

"Good news is that I removed the video, bad news is the amount views,"He added.

I could feel my eyes bulge as I see that I received 10 K views.

What the heck. I just came out of class ten minutes ago.

"What happens to our mission,"I asked.

"You could just be a rich kid who always gets her way. The only thing that changes from our plan is your backstory." He shrugged.

I nodded, "But what exactly am I looking for?" I questioned still lost.

"Last month, at 3 am a teenager fell off of the school rooftop. At least what they say but things don't add up. What was he doing there at that time? And there are hints on the murder spot that leads us to believe that someone else was with him?" He explained.

"You think someone pushed him" I synthesized.

He nodded, "What's weird enough is that a similar case came up a few weeks ago, but fortunately, the student is at the hospital, now, still fighting for her life." He explained as he showed pictures of the teenagers. He then handed me a file.

I looked at the details in the papers.

"Seems complicated. I'm on it" I grinned deviously.

"You have an idea don't you." He exclaimed.

"I have detention," I responded.

He gave me a questioning look.

"I will be needing a few things," I told him and he nodded skeptically.

***

A few hours later,  It's already been a few minutes since the bell rang announcing students that they can finally go home after a long agonizing day and students started rushing out.

I waited until the school ground was empty before giving Caleb a final look and leaving.

I walked normally glancing at my surroundings as I finally got in the classroom, there were still students hollering around, however, I made sure not to make eye contact.

That was futile because minutes later I was face to face with my favorite teacher in the whole world.

Sike.

"What are you doing here." He asked as he eyed me suspiciously.

I stared at him dead in the eye.

"You gave me detention, remember," I said monotonously.

"Good one!" Caleb praised me on the bluetooth.

"The room for delinquent students is over there," He stated still on guard.

"I am new here so I have trouble finding my ways."

He nodded slowly.

"Follow me," He said. I eyed the stairway that led to the rooftop before following Smith.

"Mariah, be careful," The teacher warned out of nowhere.

"That's weird," Caleb muttered to which I nodded.

We finally reached the classroom.

I gave him a final glance before entering the room with students scattered all around it. Some had their head on the desks, some stared mindlessly ahead, few were reading a book or talking amongst them, a few were using their cellphones in a discreet manner. and others doodled on their desks.

This is going to be fun. Youpii!

I slid my backpack on a desk near the door and sat down.

The board read: 'Will be back in a few make yourself comfortable- Mr. Williams".

I smiled triumphantly. I picked my bag and left the room discreetly. Fortunately the hallway was deserted. I hurriedly made my way to the rooftop when I finally reached the door to it.

A sign that said 'DO NOT ENTER' was written in bold on the door to the rooftop.

If they think that will stop me, boy were they wrong.

I entered and made sure I was alone before taking out of my backpack sensors and put it near the door. Then I finally searched for a good spot to set a camera so that way it will make it easier to monitor presences.

"Brilliant, why didn't I think of this?" Caleb thought aloud.

"Because I'm the genius here." I retorted to which he snorted in reply.

Suddenly I heard the door opening. I ducked making sure to turn the camera on.

"Genius hide, "Caleb urged.

He doesn't need to tell me twice.

I slowly crawled my way behind a big recycling bin. I peered curiously from my hiding, the back of a male.

From his back and haircut, I could judge that he was young. He was not wearing the uniform which meant he is a student who changed his clothing or a younger staff.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heartbeat was getting faster for some reason I was feeling nervous which was weird considering how I found myself in worse situations and was able to handle it with ease.

I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was exactly.

But something about him was making me anxious or maybe is it just me.

Either way what was he doing here?

As if he heard, he turned his head, but I ducked my head just in time so that he wouldn't notice me.

I held by breath until Caleb spoke.

"That was close, he's facing the other way now." He sighed out in relief.

I peeked to see the male standing towards the edge of the rooftop.

"Is he trying to kill himself," I whispered-yelled at Caleb.

"Wait, Mariah, maybe he's just..." He started.

"Maybe he just wants a closer look at the ground? Caleb I'm not going to just stand there watching someone kill themselves." I said.

I got up from my hidden position. I walked quickly, but quietly not wanting to scare the person. He was arm length apart from me when I was going to pull him out of the edge of the roof when he suddenly turned just when I pulled him resulting in us falling on ground of the roof and rolling a few times. He let out a grunt and I groaned as his weight crushed me and finally I was on top of him.

I look down and was met with a breathtaking pair of green eyes. And I could feel goosebumps all over my body. He looked familiar, but yet again I wasn't able to recognize him.

He looked at me in disbelief, then with longing and another emotion I couldn't quite decipher.

He then cautiously placed his hands on my waist as if he was afraid I would disappear. I could almost feel tingles through his every touch. Everything and anything about him seemed intriguing and I leaned towards him almost as being hypnotized by him.

But that spell broke as he uttered one word, "Bella."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 41.2K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
135K 3.4K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...
2M 53.4K 62
"Aesira," he drew out. "Damon." I said his name back. "If you wear this again tomorrow I promise you I won't hesitate to rip it off your body," he sa...
218K 6.4K 51
Have you ever dreamed of finding...the one? Of course you have, we all have. We hold on to that hope that there is an invisible string attached to o...