His Knife Her Chest

By iwrotethis888

"You are the biggest mistake of my life. I wish I would've never met you." Rage engulfed him thoroughly. Gri... More

Chapter 1 |His knife her chest|
Chapter 2 |Realization|
Chapter 3 |Sisters|
Chapter 4 |calm the storm?|
Chapter 5 |Mishandled yet again|
Chapter 6 |Misconcieved|
Chapter 7 |Too late|
Chapter 8 |Where is she?|
Chapter 9 |Broken souls|
Chapter 10 |The raw truth|
Chapter 11 |She, the bright star|
Chapter 12 |Destruction|
Chapter 13 |New plans|
Chapter 14 |She's sexy and she knows it|
Chapter 15 |An appalling revelation|
Chapter 16 |An Indian neighbor?|
Chapter 17 |The one where the sisters reunite|
Chapter 18 |Tattoos and piercings|
Chapter 19 |A Fresh start|
Chapter 20 |The much awaited moment|
Chapter 21 |Company on fire?|
Chapter 22 |The questionnaire begins|
Chapter 23 |The one where nani and khushi talk|
Chapter 24 |The much awaited reunion|
Chapter 25 |A beautiful mystery|
Chapter 26 |Apologies|
Chapter 27 |Arnav's Apology|
Chapter 28 |Hugs and conversations|
Chapter 29 |Did you just roll your eyes at me?|
Chapter 30 |The Guptas discussion|
Chapter 31 |Working together with Khushi?|
Chapter 32 |Arnav investigates|
Chapter 33 |It's gonna be a bumpy ride|
Chapter 34 |The preparations begin|
Chapter 35 |The conversations start|
Chapter 36 |Zaika opens|
Chapter 38 |A conversation yet again!|
Chapter 39 |Iss chapter ko kya naam doon?|
Chapter 40 |Advay makes an entry|
Chapter 41 |A billion dollars and kheer|
Chapter 42 |In Arnav's arms, yet again|
Chapter 43 |Moral of the story, babe|
Chapter 44 |Reminiscing time|
Chapter 45|(1)The flashback continues|
Chapter 46 |(2)The flashback continues|
Chapter 47|(3)The flashback continues|
Chapter 48 |(4)The flashback continues|
Chapter 49 |(5)The flashback continues|
Chapter 50 |(6)The flashback continues|
Chapter 51 |(7)The flashback continues|
Chapter 52 |Back to reality and it's surprises|
Chapter 53 |An old friend makes a presence|

Chapter 37 |His hell now her heaven|

6.6K 349 147
By iwrotethis888

The next morning came earlier than anticipated, and had everyone trying to adjust to their new routines. With Arnav, Akash and Mamaji busy with AR, Payal with Zaika and Anjali with her NGO. Their new beginning was off to a great start.

Arnav who was now at AR, busy with different contracts, making new connections, new deals, suddenly caught the sight of something interesting on the newspaper of this morning. It featured several pictures of him and Khushi.

A few were of them sitting beside each other, standing in front of each other, taking pictures with their fans.

"Laila Badr Hadid was seen last night at the opening of her sister's famous restaurant Zaika with Arnav Singh Raizada, the ever so charming Indian Billionaire. They were seen sitting close to each other and taking pictures with their fans. Could this be a coincidental meeting or is that love we smell in the air?"

A devilish smirk made its way up to his full lips.

His big fat ego seemed to have multiplied even more then before just because of this rumor. It was a rumor though but it was still something that calmed his impatient heart.

He decided to look up more online. And the results just disappointed him. That ego we were talking about earlier? Yeah, that just tumbled down and the smirk was erased off his ever so charming face.

The article online stated the clearance from Laila Hadid's side.

"I don't know why people just start assuming I'm dating someone I was seen with. Mr Raizada belongs to my sister's in laws. He's her family and yesterday we all were invited there together among many other people. The meeting was nor a coincident nor a date, we were just there to support my sister, there's nothing more to this situation." Laila Hadid seemed to have cleared the rumors.

That hurt!

Mr Raizada belongs to my sister's in laws.
And nothing to you?

He's her family.
Not yours? Weren't we one before?

There's nothing more to this situation.
Is there really nothing now?

She'd just cleared the rumors. There was actually nothing more to this situation than that but then why did it hurt so much?

~~**~~

The moment Khushi read the rumors she was uncomfortable. She felt anxious because of the words in it. It wasn't as if this was the first time something like this had happened. Literally all the 'young' associates of hers would be rumored to be linked with her if she was to be seen out with them.

But then why did this one bother her tremendously?

Was it because she didn't want that dirty secret of theirs to come out to the world? Was it because she didn't wanna tell the world she was in a contracted marriage before? Was it because they were actually linked together a few years ago but she didn't want anybody to know? Or was it because the thought of being with him again just arose ineffably weird feelings inside her?

Whatever it was, the one thing Khushi didn't want was to let Arnav think that this bothered her. She could sense how he would be devilishly smirking at this. She could sense how he would be waiting for her to act crazy because of this certain rumor. And that was what she didn't want. She wanted to show him how he didn't bother her anymore and whoever said whatever, she didn't give a damn.

So the first thing she did was turn down the rumors, this very early morning.

She wouldn't let him affect her, not that he did anyway. There was nothing left between them and nothing would ever flourish.

~~**~~

Arnav was aggravated. Aggravated by the way she had turned down the rumor. He couldn't do anything except look at those words that she'd stated from the past few hours.

Though the words were written, he could still hear the unbothered tone in them. How nonchalant and unperturbed she sounded!

"Aman I want you to reschedule the appointment with Be You asap. The soonest! I'm not gonna wait any longer!" he ordered his ever so obedient PA who nodded and was dismissed.

~~**~~

3 days had passed and there hadn't been much contact on both ends between Khushi and the Raizadas. They last met at Zaika's opening, after that everybody was busy with their new busy routines. Though Nani had asked Khushi to join them for tea and what not, she rejected.

Khushi hadn't heard from Arnav about the recent rumor or anything in general.... which was a good thing. It was good she turned them down the minute they arose, without giving him or anybody else something to gossip about.

"My daisy" she cooed to her baby.

She was khushi's daughter, errr more like her dog. Daisy was an adorable golden retriever Khushi had adopted one year ago. She was someone Khushi loved a lot. Daisy was a very sensible one. She'd cuddle her mother when she'd see her frowning or being sad. She'd shower her with wet kisses. She'd entertain her with her cute gestures. Khushi loved her daisy and because she'd often be busy, there would always be someone who took care of daisy in her absence. So now bringing her back from an early morning walk and feeding her, she left the dog nanny in charge and went for work.

~~**~~

The moment she arrived, she could sense something weird in the air. She had a keen sixth sense and could often figure out things before they took place. And this certain feeling told her something appalling is to take place today. She couldn't figure out what but it tensed her.

"Ma'am you've got a very important meeting in a couple minutes. The people are soon to be arriving. I'd suggest we head to the conference room. Mr Liam and everybody else is already present there" her assistant informed.

Khushi made her way to the conference room not knowing the surprise that was waiting for her there.

~~**~~

He stood there, tall and proud, with a smirk supporting his awfully handsome face.

What the fuck? How come did I not know about this?

"This is Mr Arnav Singh Raizada. The one I was talking about a couple days ago. They recently moved to Dubai. I'm pretty sure if we collaborate it will be extremely beneficial on both sides" Liam explained, talking straight up about the benefits of the companies.

Not a single thing Liam said made sense to her. It just got in one ear and out the other. Nothing was reaching her brain at this moment. It was as if it was numb all of a sudden.

She stared intensely at the man she'd shared history with before.

"I know" she whispered to Liam, staring at Arnav. After a fleeting second, gaining her composure back, she said "I'd like to have a moment with Mr Raizada for a couple minutes. Some privacy would be great."

As everyone left the room, she glared at him.

"What?" he asked her ever so innocently.

"What what? Kya hai yeh sab?" she asked with a frown. (What is all this?)

"What do you mean kya hai yeh sab? It is exactly what it looks it is."

"Why are you here? And why didn't you tell me about this before?"

"Arrey! Why can't I be here? This is a company a lot of people have collaborated with before so why can't I? And shouldn't I be asking you that?"

She passed him a grave glare.

"Seriously Arnav I don't want you here! Please just get out."

"Is this how you treat every associate of yours?" he mocked.

"I don't! You just.... I don't want you here nor do I ever want to work with you?"

"Why don't you exactly want to work with me?" he asked curiously, making himself comfortable on the wide sofa behind him.

"Are you out of your mind? Don't you know our history together? Don't you remember the stupid rumors that flew everywhere just a few days ago?" she reminded him.

"Ah the rumors yes! Which you so straightforwardly turned down. And what does our history has to do with this? I don't know why you're making it such a big deal khush-" his sentence got caught in his throat because 'Khushi' had cut him off.

"It's Laila! Nobody refers to me as Khushi here and I'd suggest you too don't" she could see him raising his perfectly arched brows at that. "And I never made it a big deal, it has always been you who makes it a big deal. It's always been you who complicates a simple situation. And I don't want any of your shit in my company. This is not a kindergarten and having worked with you before I'm very much aware of your twisted ways. Nobody knows that I was once in a contracted marriage. Nobody knows I was forced into it at the age of 18 and I'd like it to remain that way. But knowing you, it somehow can come out anytime. So please get out" his eyes seemed to have soften upon her outburst.

There was a lot Arnav wanted to say but he knew this wasn't the right time. It was in fact the worst timing to indulge into such conversations.

"I'm not that cruel to do that you know. I would never endanger your life by revealing that, ever. And if you don't want to work with me that's fine" he stood up, as if he was about to leave. "It just shows that I still affect you" he smirked and Khushi seemed to have lost it at that.

Throwing her head back she laughed, laughed like a maniac.

"Hahaha me and affected by you?" she pointed her finger at him. "You wish! It's insane how you come up with these stupid assumptions."

"Isn't that why you want me out? You're obviously scared of a lot of things."

"Me and scared? Never! And you know what, if working together with me would prove that to you then alright. Business comes first and this deal is obviously very profitable on both ends so I guess... we shall be working together from now" she said.

"Now that wasn't too hard, was it?" he grinned and she rolled her eyes, walking over to the door to let the delegates join them and start the meeting.

As it came to an end everybody stood up and shook hands with each other, having agreed on a lot of things. Both companies elated by the agreements and the upcoming project.

She had seen him staring at her with wide eyes through the whole meeting, while she conversed with him and his delegates about the profitable and the unprofitable things, how her company worked, their way of marketing and what not.

Seeing a middle class girl, who hadn't studied much, with funky clothes, going on teaching about the Indian culture, she agreed that he must've gotten a big blow by 'The new her'.

She got mad at herself at the sudden outburst of hers a couple minutes ago.

What was the need of that Khushi? Huh? Like why? Why are you bent on making him feel that you're affected by him? That outburst of yours? Yeah, that was just utterly stupid! I mean if you guys were married before, why must that affect your business now? You both could  be like the cool exes....What? No! I don't wanna be anything except a business associate with him. Nothing more, nothing less. And don't you dare loose control, you idiot!

Walking over to Arnav, Khushi passed him a look, before speaking.

"You once welcomed me to hell. I now welcome you to heaven, my heaven."

************************************************
Pffff, a chapter this one was, wasn't it? 😉

A lot happened! They finally will be working together! 😍

"You once welcomed me to hell. I now welcome you to heaven, my heaven." Mannn, I wanted to write these lines from so long and the moment finally arrived 😌 This one was inspired from the office days. When ASR welcomed khushi to hell and then actually made her life hell for no reason 😒 Khushi won't be making his life hell, it itself would turn into a hell in a couple days!!! You guys just keep reading 😉

I'm sorry for the delay. The lockdown here has been lifted and I'm back to work ☹️ so the updates won't be as frequent as before but I'll always try my best to update the soonest.

Also, I wrote an OS a couple days ago. It's a sweet one, featuring Arshi as parents 😊 visit my profile to read it as I'm having a problem copying the link.

I hope y'all liked this! 😘

Please vote and comment, it's very appreciated and motivating.

Love y'all, and stay safe 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 65.7K 79
'WIFE'...huh you call yourself my wife, He said very calmly. "A girl like u cannot afford to become maid at my house and u call yourself my wife." He...
1.2M 40.9K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...
92.7K 3.6K 30
"You can't keep running away from me", Arnav said, his face was all serious as his eyes bored into Khushi's. Standing her ground, Khushi uttered usin...
592K 29.2K 63
⚠ Go through Readers' Reviews Section on page 2 and in end of part 40B , it 'll help you decide if story is worth reading or not as they are comments...