Wildfire (A Naruto Fanfic Boo...

By PhoenixCaleon

The Sound is destroyed, but I nearly took myself with it. Was surviving even worth it? I do not own Naruto o... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 12

22 2 0
By PhoenixCaleon

Itachi caught my sleeve as I was leaving the village.  "You wouldn't..."

I smiled at him sadly.  "She's right.  Everyone would be happier if I wasn't here."

He grabbed my shoulders.  "Kunoichi... she's upset.  She doesn't realize what she sa-"

I shook him off.  "Itachi, she was my other half, I would do mostly anything she asked of me.  She wants this, and I will not refuse her this if it would make her happy."

He took a step forward, but I turned away from him.  "It'll kill you... for real this time." 

I lowered my gaze.  "I can't do it now... it would fail."

I felt his arms around me and tensed.  "Even at your strongest, Kunouchi... the amount of chakra alone would've killed you."

I fought the urge to lean into him.  "What else can I do?  I can't disappear and never return. It would kill Minato and the others."

He sighed.  "We can figure it out.  She's hurting."

I pulled his arms from around me.  "It's not just her, Itachi. Izumi, and others in the village wish for the same as well.  Maybe it really would be better i-"

He shook his head.  "It wouldn't,  I can assure you of that much."

He tried to take my hand, but I avoided him.  "I need to think about it... alone."  I bit my lip as I walked away,  I could feel he was hurting again because of me.  I walked quickly, and only when I was sure I was a safe distance did I start to cry.

I knew what this would mean for me and those who got caught in my mind jutsu.  That's 17 years' worth of memories to erase...  there's no way I can do that in this state...

I splashed water in my face when I reached the waterfall.  Then, I continued to the others.  They looked up curiously.  "What?"

Ryo scratched his cheek.  "Well, I lost the bet... I thought you'd stay with Itachi tonight."

I scowled at them.  "Really?"

He shrugged.  "When you two are bad, you're apart.  When you're good, inseparable."

I thought for a moment and sighed.  "We were good until we were interrupted.  Anything interesting come up?"  They all shook their heads, and I nodded.  "Hey, Ryo, up for some nighttime sword play?"

He looked surprised.  "It's kinda late, Kunoichi."

I shrugged.  "I have energy to spare."

He smirked.  "Not when I'm through with you... let's do it."  We stood across from each other, waiting.  He struck first I parried, and our fight began.  I could tell he was holding back, so I pushed harder.

He responded in kind until he felt he was taking it too far.  I frowned, I wanted something to make me forget everything, if only for a moment.  I struck faster, pushing my limit, but he stopped, taking a knee.

My frown deepened.  "Why?"

He looked at me concerned.  "You can't push yourself so hard just yet, Kunoichi... look."

I looked down at my chest and saw blood.  "A stitch must've pulled loose. It's fine, I'm sure."

He shook his head.  "We stop here until Lady Tsunade looks at it."

I sighed in frustration.  "Fine..."  He threw a worried glance at the girls and rose.  "You three go ahead.  I want to enjoy the night air."

They didn't argue, but I felt their uncertainty.  When they were gone, I lifted my shirt and assessed the damage.  I sighed as I saw not one, but three stitches had come undone.  "I'm sure I'll hear something about this."

I heard a whistle and dropped my shirt.  "You did fill out nicely, Kunoichi.  Just as I remember..."

I kept my face neutral as fear struck my chest.  "Madara... I was wondering how long it would be before you came around."

I couldn't see his expression behind his mask.  "You've been waiting for me."

I sneered at him.  "You wish."

He clicked his tongue.  "Insolent as ever."

I planted my feet, prepared to flee.  "What do you want?"

He shrugged.  "I was around.  No need to run, I won't come closer."

I watched him.  "You finally know boundaries?"

He chuckled darkly.  "Don't be foolish... I will have you, but I always did enjoy when you put up a fight, and in your condition now..."

I raised my chin defiantly.  "All in the very distant past, now only in your dreams, Madara."

I felt his smirk.  "We shall see."  Then he was gone, I didn't hesitate once I felt his presence leave and ran.  I avoided the cabin, not wanting the others to be in danger, and went into the village.

I wandered for a bit.  "Where to go..."  The idea occurred to me, and I went to the other side of the village.  I hesitated before knocking on the door.  "Be here..."

I sighed in relief when I heard movement.  "There better b-"

I smiled sheepishly up at my old teacher.  "Ibiki-sensei..."

He scanned behind me and tilted his head in.  "What's wrong, kid?"

I watched the door as he closed it.  "This was the only place I was comfortable coming to... since you already know of my past."

His eyes shined with worry.  "Must have had you spooked if that's the case."

I nodded.  "He was here, Ibiki... Madara Uchiha."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 5.1K 50
COMPLETED !!DISCLAIMER!! This was my first ever story that I have written and published on wattpad. I have never imagined it to ever go to 125k rea...
5.4K 219 25
Story of a girl who reborn as sasuke and itachi's elder sister. With the knowledge of future what changes will she bring. This is my 1st story so it...
1.5K 30 44
"I thought you knew from the start." "What?" He asks with certain coldness lingering in his tone. "That I'd never leave you." I let out a soft chuck...
10.6K 379 35
I DO NOT OWN NARUTO ONLY MY CHARACTER IKADA. The first few chaps are a bit boring but eventually it gets better I guarantee. Ikada is simply a name...