𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧 • taennie

By vntaesruby

i know you hear me when i cry i try to hold it in the night while you're sleepin next to me but it's your arm... More

characters
playlist
pretty
fwbs
not like that
happier
kai

thank you [end]

1.9K 114 74
By vntaesruby

It's been oddly difficult for taehyung for the next few days. It was never difficult for him parting ways with women he has been with but with jennie, she's all he has been thinking about for the last 6 days.

Yes, its been 6 days since he last saw her and they haven't talked again since then.

Taehyung wants to call her, just check on her if she was okay, but he hesitates. He doesn't want to show any weakness on Jennie, especially now that Kai is back.

Who is he to jennie anyway, she didn't even bother to contact him again after the arrival of her fiancé, it might only cause trouble if he calls.

So Taehyung stayed at the company building everyday, trying to work his ass off as the CEO's son.

Its not a streneous job nor enough to drive his thoughts away from Jennie, but its better than having to sit all day at his suite doing nothing but drown in sadness.

His father was even surprised, what could've Taehyung eaten to finally become responsible and actually get interested in running the company.

Taehyung loves photography and modelling, he's been a model for a few of their advertisements, but he never dreamed of running it, atleast not now that he is young and enjoying his life.

Taehyung all weary and ready to jump at his bed to get over this day, was surprised as he entered his suite with Jennie lying in his couch, all curled up like a fluff ball, her knees on her chest and her eyes on the floor.

Jennie jumped in surprise too and sat up as she saw Taehyung entering and removing his coat. Taehyung wanted to hug her, but he just passed by Jennie and said  "Hey, you're here."

He went straight to the kitchen, pretending to prepare food when supposedly he has no plans of eating dinner tonight.

"Do you want to eat something?" Taehyung called out, still trying to be hospitable to his visitor.

Suddenly, Taehyung felt something warm in his back and a pair of arms encircling his waist. Jennie hugged Taehyung from the back and it was making Taehyung weak.

"Why are you here, Jennie?"

"I miss you, Tae." Jennie said softly.

"Kai might be looking for you." Taehyung said as he washed off the lettuce, preparing a salad.

"I know, he knows I'm here. He told me to tell you goodbye." Jennie said.

Taehyung's heart ached, his eyes getting foggy but he tried to hold it. He did not respond, so Jennie continued to talk.

"We're getting married in Japan. We're leaving Seoul 3 days from now."

"Okay." Taehyung replied, trying not to show that he cares even though it cuts him really deep. They stayed there, for a moment, and Jennie started to cry.

"Tae, i'm confused." Jennie said tightening her hug on Taehyung. "I–It hurts being away from you. Do you feel the same way?"

"I... do." Taehyung replied softly. This is them, finally revealing some real feelings towards each other, showing weakness even though everything they had, they knew from the start was just temporary.

"Do you love me, Tae?" Jennie asked.

Taehyung wanted to say yes, but will things change if he did? Jennie will choose Kai anyway, and it will never be right to take someone who isn't yours in the first place.

"Does it even matter now, Jennie ? You're getting married soon. And... you never belonged to me anyway." Taehyung replied, his voice cracking.

Jennie expected a different answer, but he was right so she nodded. Jennie reached for Taehyung's hand and she handed him back her duplicate card key of the suite. Taehyung's heart is sinking very hard, he will never see Jennie again after this and it made Taehyung shed a tear that Jennie cant even see.

"Thank you Tae, for staying with me. I never felt loved like the way you did.. it felt peaceful." Jennie paused to breathe.

"You gave my heart peace." Jennie buried her face on Taehyung's nape, inhaling his scent and kissing it one last time. Jennie lets go of him and slowly walked out of the door.

She isn't even sure if she loves Taehyung as much as she loves Kai, and to think that she has only been with Taehyung for 4 months, in comparison to almost 3 years with Kai. But it hurt Jennie leaving Taehyung's suite.

It hurts so much.

Upon the sound of the door closing, Taehyung finally cried, his cries that he contained for days got him down the floor.

Its been a long time since he had feelings digging deep down his whole being and it hurted twice than it was with Joohyun, his ex fiancé as well.

It felt like all the broken hearts of his women are combined to break him apart. He sat there, feeling helpless he wanted to die instead.

Jennie woke up, dreading the sight of sunlight each morning, dreading the sound of her heartbeat when she clearly doesn't feel alive, dreading each second that pass.

Today is the day Kai and her will leave for Japan. Since the day that Kai came back, the man never left Jennie's side, caring for her so much more than before and it was all Jennie ever wanted, but now it feels different.

She feels scared that what if it was only for now? What if things will change again? Because Kai was never consistent ever since.

But what does love mean? Is it being consistent, full of efforts and surprises? Is it having to be contented? We all have our own definition of love, but to Jennie, its none of those.

To her, it's the small things. The laughs, being able to understand how the other feels, being the same person right from the start.

"You okay, babe?" Kai asked holding Jennie's hand as they wait for their flight. They are already inside the airport at the passenger's lounge and in a few minutes they will be boarding the plane.

She is not okay, and she doesnt know what to do about it. Jennie doesn't know what's in store for them in Japan, but all Kai said is he got everything planned, even the wedding day and its all a surprise.

"I-i'm nervous." Jennie said.

"Don't worry, I'm here and Japan is waiting for us." Kai smiled, caressing Jennie's hand.

In a while, someone spoke to the PA system and it is time for them to board. They stood up and as they walk, Jennie can't breathe. She feels like there is a knot in her throat and something tells her she needed to ran away. Jennie is shaking, and her engagement ring on her finger felt heavier and so she removed it.

"Kai," Jennie called, not even sure if what she was about to do is right but she has no other choice. She doesn't want to board the plane and most especially she doesn't want to leave Taehyung behind.

"I'm so sorry, Kai, I-i can't marry you. I'm sorry." Jennie said handing over the ring to Kai.

Jennie started running, planning to get a taxi and go to Taehyung, cry her heart out at how much she loves him when suddenly he saw Taehyung with guards all around him as he tries to trespass without a passport and ticket.

"Please, i just need to see someone! I'm not gonna leave the country! Please let me through!" Taehyung begged and Jennie's heart shattered.

Her eyes start to fog as she ran down the escalator and it didn't took long for Taehyung to see Jennie.

Taehyung watched Jennie ran towards him, Jennie jumped to him together with her heart leaping with happiness. Taehyung caught him, and Jennie kissed Taehyung muttering "You're an idiot" in between.

"I love you, Jennie. I can't let you go." Taehyung said as he put Jennie down.

"What happened with Kai?"

"I-i returned the ring to him. I can't do it, Tae. I can't and I ran here an—" Taehyung silenced Jennie with another kiss.

"I understand." Taehyung let out his boxy smile. He was so happy

"Wait, My things! It might fly to Japan!" Jennie exclaimed suddenly.

"Should we cancel your flight? I think there's still time." Taehyung said. Jennie frowned at the thought of Kai.

"Do you think Kai continued to board the plane to Japan?"

"I.. i dont know, Jennie. I can't answer that." Taehyung frowned as well.

Taehyung and Jennie went to the passenger's assistance and asked if Nippon airlines has already taken off and the attendant replied yes.

"I missed my flight and I dont plan to leave the country anymore, can i retrieve my luggage within the day or–"

"I got it filed already. They're taking your things back in 4 hours." To Jennie's surprise, it was Kai who interrupted her.

"I'm taking the next flight to Tokyo, though. I.. i just want to see you, one last time."

"Kai, i'm—" Jennie tried to go near him but Kai stepped back. He licked his lip, his eyes are pink and his hands are inside his leather jacket. He's hurting, Jennie can see from his eyes.

"Can i meet him?" Kai asked as he stared at Taehyung. Jennie nodded and eyed Taehyung to approach Kai.

"So you're Taehyung." Kai muttered.

"Yes. I'm Kim Taehyung." Taehyung replied lending out his hand. Kai went to shake it and said,

"Kim Jongin, Jennie's ex-fiancé i guess."

"Bro, i am sorry, but–" Taehyung was not able to finish his words because Kai punched him in the face. Its a heavy punch so Taehyung fell down the floor.

"Tae!" Jennie came rushing to help him up. Taehyung stood up and told Jennie that he is alright and asked her to stay back.

"Well, i deserve that." Taehyung said as he rubbed his chin, the spot where Kai punched.

"And it felt good." Kai replied. "Take good care of her, will you? You're so lucky to take her away from me." Kai said, his voice cracking.

"Jennie?" Kai called and Jennie was crying, seeing Kai's red eyes.

Jennie approached him slowly and Kai opened his arms for her. Jennie did not hesitate to hug him and she kept saying sorry the moment she laid her head on Kai's shoulder.

"Don't say sorry, Jennie. It was all my fault. I regret everything. I deserve this." Kai said with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I should've treated you better."

"I've loved you, Kai. For three years. Don't blame yourself because I still loved you despite everything. Despite everything i don't regret that we happened but still, you should move on" Jennie reassured Kai that it was all forgiven.

"I can't believe that a day will come you'll be taken away from me. I never thought this will happen. I guess i'm too careless." Kai cries.

"I love you, Jennie . But you deserve a love so much more. And i'm a fool for not giving you that." Kai said but Jennie kept whispering 'it's okay' to his ears.

"I'm sorry for everything, babe. Always be happy." Kai said as he kissed Jennie's forehead.

He hugged Jennie once more, this time tighter. But Kai has to let go. He then let go of her and started to walk towards the escalator, not even glancing back at Jennie.

Jennie is crying so hard that she covered her mouth with her hands. Taehyung went to hug Jennie so that she can cry on his chest. A lot of eyes were on them but they didn't care.

This is a big transition of their lives, Jennie has finally let go of the painful love that she kept on holding to, and Taehyung has finally opened his heart again, bringing down the walls he built around him.

                                       ☆∴。

It was a saturday morning. Taehyung woke up with a beautiful brown haired girl , sleeping and breathing softly in his chest.

He told himself that yes, its only been 4 months since he met Jennie. But love is not measurable by the time spent together or by the gifts given to each other.

He's happy, he then has a lot of time to prove to her his love, every single day.

He can feel in his heart that he wanted to take care of Jennie and he wanted to stay on her side forever. Sure it won't always be rainbows, but he is always ready to listen and understand her.

Jennie fluttered her eyes open, and she saw a beautiful black haired man smiling at her. She never felt any better than this.

A feeling that she will wake up with everyday not having to fear that she was left, a feeling where the love she gives was given back to her twice as much and so she is even more excited to give back his much more. Everything feels so comfortable, she felt safe in Taehyung's arms.

"Good morning, beautiful." Taehyung said as he kissed Jennie's nose.

"How beautiful? Am I more beautiful than all your women combined?" Jennie joked while pouting infront of Taehyung.

"Seriously? You compare yourself to them? You're incomparable. And yes, you are. The most beautiful i had ever seen, honestly." Taehyung paused. "And not to mention, i love you the most."

"I love you more-most." Jennie laughed as they talked even more who loves each other the most.

Right there in his arms, Jennie has found peace in Taehyung's love.

So this is the end guys🤧

thank you for reading, i appreciate it a lot ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.3K 5.9K 44
ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ, ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɴ ʏᴏᴏɴɢɪ, ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴏᴛ ᴊᴇʀᴋ. ⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴍᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢᴜʏ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀʀᴀssɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇғᴛ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ғɪʀsᴛ ɪᴍ...
390K 26K 86
She wishes they had more time together. She wishes for 5 minutes more. // Sequel to 5 minutes a day // Started: 06/15/2019 Finished: 10/21/2020 ...
one week. By ​

Fanfiction

66.5K 3.4K 16
my one last week with you.
15.1K 806 35
"Taehyungie, please, please...just talk to me." {trigger warning} ©slayedbyyoongi 2017 | ended | started: 17.02.14 ended: 17.04.11