A Jerk named Haruto | Hajeong...

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "... More

Introduction
[1] The "Kangs"
[2] Monarchical Table
[3] Hungry Kangs
[4] Busan
[5] Iksan
Changes
[6] First Day
New mashikyu au
[7] A little unwell
[8] Equivalent exchange
[9] Rules
[10] Unofficially official
[11] Slave n' Master
[12] Play Dumb
[13] The bitchy code
[14] Chasing Pavements
✾ Special Chapter [Mashikyu]
✾ Special Chapter [Typical Kangs]
[15] Connected Locks
[16] Your lips on mine
[17] Salt n' Sugar
[18] Comfort Zone
[19] Dauntless
[20] Stars over us
[21] Couples of Troubles
[22] Couples of Troubles 2
[23] Rainy Cuddles
[24] The Absence of his Presence
[25] Untold phrase
[26] Lie to me
[27] Way back home
[28] Cold boundaries
[29] Warmly Cold
✾ Special Chapter
[30] Marry me?
[31] Venture
[32] Dumb and Dumber
[33] Boundless
[34] If I stay
[35] Hidden
[36] Tables turned
[37] Unwrapping the secrets
[38] Reasons why
[39] Home
[40] Sacrifice

Epilogue

6.1K 304 152
By itsbaejinjja

3 YEARS LATER

“On the certification of the President of the Academic Board, I confer the respective degrees, diplomas and certificates on the candidates— On behalf of the Board, I offer my congratulations to you all!”

As the students jumped in the air, threw their hats off and took pictures with each other, The tall Japanese ran through the crowd of people to find Jeongwoo.

He manage to see him with his parents that made Haruto politely bow as he approach them. “Pleased to see you again Mr. and Mrs. Park”

“Pleased to see you again, Haru. Congratulations.” Mrs. Park answered. She's no longer working for the Kang family and based on what Jeongwoo told him, both of his parents are busy handling their small restaurant in Iksan.

As for Jeongwoo, he moved out of the mansion that same year his mother resigned. Haruto was against the idea at first but upon taking it into deeper and more serious talk, the younger managed to convince him.

“We’ll go ahead now and wait for the two of you at the celebration venue.” Mr. Park said and left the two in the crowd of students.

Haruto immediately pulled Jeongwoo into a hug as he congratulate him for graduating. The smaller congratulated him back before planting a soft kiss on his cheeks.

Their college days has come to an end and now, they're off to start a new beginning.

“Get a room, you two!” Jihoon yelled from afar. Behind him is their other cousins who looks like they just went out from work.

Junkyu walking hand in hand with Mashiho, Yoshi who's holding a bouquet, Yoonbin with a couple of paper bags in hand, Asahi being drag by Jaehyuk who came all the way from his masteral class followed by Yedam who happily skip while approaching them.

Congratulations on your graduation, Jeongwoo and Haru!!!” The group cheered like little kids celebrating victory over a field game.

It didn't fail to capture the attention of other students and members of the faculty who are most likely to remember the familiar faces of the Kangs. Being their usual unbothered selves, they didn't mind the attention directed to them, they just proceed to congratulating the two males and giving them the gifts they prepared.

Not long after, they all went to the restaurant they rented just to celebrate the graduation. Even Haruto’s parents are there. Everything between Jeongwoo and Haruto’s parents were already fixed, it all started when Haruto brought Jeongwoo to Japan during their summer vacation in freshmen year and finally, things started falling on it's proper places.

Something he never expected but he's glad that it actually happened. Haruto wasn't sure if his mom got tired of trying to manipulate him or what happened to Akiyah serves as an eye opener for her. She also found out about Yoshi's supposed plan so Haruto thought it adds up as to why she suddenly change her perspective and welcomed Jeongwoo to the family.

Maybe people really changed. Haruto thought as he smiled and shake his head to keep his thoughts away.

“Hey i got some food for you.” Jeongwoo said before sitting next to him, both of their parents quietly watching them.

“Thanks woo, i told you I'll follow behind.”

“But you didn't! Mashiho hyung told me to just get some food for you since you're still spacing out. Are you okay?”

The tall Japanese nods with a smile plastered on his lips. “I am. I'm just planning my future with you.”

And before Jeongwoo could respond, he heard a cough coming from their parents that made him sit up straight. The younger only chuckles and continued eating his food.

It was a quiet meal at first until Daniel brought up the topic about Haruto handling the company next year since he's already 23 by that time.

“Are you ready for it?” Jeongwoo whispered to him before taking a sip of his drink.

Haruto put his chopsticks down and look at him. “I’m nervous”

The younger cutely smiled before reaching for his hand and giving it a light squeeze. “You’ll do well, i have so much faith in you.”

“Then marry me” he blurted out earning a smack in the head from the latter.

“Stop fooling around. I’m being serious here, Watanabe.”

“Keep your calm, baby.”

Jeongwoo glance at him in disbelief as if he's so done with the taller male's antics. He's just thinking that maybe he fell harder to be able to stay in their relationship and put up with the other for years, and vice versa.

Mr. Park who's quietly listening to the two can't help himself but to intervene. “So when will the two of you get married?”

Everyone in the hall, even his cousins look at their table as if waiting for their answer. Haruto have been pulling that card to Jeongwoo but on a serious note he actually never thought of it yet, it's not that he don't love him enough to settle but he's thinking that both of them are not yet ready for that.

Jeongwoo look at the taller male with so much anticipation.

“I don't think we're taking that path anytime soon, Mr. Park. I think we need more time.” Haruto replied making the others nod in agreement.

Haruto’s mom look up to them. “I agree, just enjoy what you have. No need to rush things.”

The tall Japanese smiled at her and the table fell in comfortable silence after that. Everyone proceeded to talk about their own issues and other concerns while enjoying the food or atleast that's what Haruto thought.

It was eleven in the evening when they all left the restaurant. Both of their parents going separate ways while the other Kangs use their own cars on the way home.

Jeongwoo followed Haruto in the car since the older insisted to stay on his unit for a sleepover.

“What’s wrong, woo? You've been quiet for awhile now.”

The younger rested his head against the window and did not bother to look at him. “I’m tired and sleepy.”

Haruto slowly nods as he continued driving to the unit. The room was pitch dark when they arrived, they all left the gifts and bouquets of flowers in the living room. They rested for a few minutes before Jeongwoo stand up and walk to the shower.

The tall Japanese knock on the door twice before turning the knob only to see Jeongwoo sitting inside the bathtub with bubbles wrap around his body.

“I swear to hell, Haruto.” Jeongwoo's uttered while shaking his head.

Yanking his clothes off, Haruto joined him in the tub, sitting across him. “What’s wrong? You can tell me anything, Jeongwoo. I can see it in your face.”

The younger avoided his eyes and continued playing with the bubbles that's covering their bodies. “Nothing. I told you I'm just tired.”

“Saying you're tired is way easier than explaining what's wrong, huh?”

Jeongwoo finally look up. Ofcourse Haruto would notice, he should've expected it. He took a deep breath before looking straight into his eyes.

“Do you feel uncertain about our relationship?”

That question made his brows furrow in confusion. “Woo, what do you mean?”

“Earlier you seem so off with the idea of marrying me.”

“What?! Ofcourse not!” Haruto defended panicking. He scooted over and pulled the younger closer to him so their bodies are pressed together. “Listen to me, Jeongwoo. I didn't mean to make you feel like I don't want to get married. We're just 22, there are still a lot of things ahead of us. I want to marry you but before that, i want to work hard and earn money for us.”

“I don't want to marry you using the money of my family, i want to marry you using my own. I wan’t to work for us. I want to be better and be mature enough for you. So in the end, you won't regret that you end up with me. I don't want you to end up with someone who keeps on relying to their family. This time, i want to work hard to make my own success without the name of the Kangs attached on my name.”

Jeongwoo separated himself from the loose hug and turned to face the taller. He heave a sigh and put his hand on Haruto’s cheeks. “I’m sorry for overthinking. I didn't that's how you feel.”

The latter smiled and gently held both of his hands as they sit face to face. “Can you wait for me?” Haruto ask with his eyes full of determination.

With a smile on his lips, Jeongwoo nods. “I will wait for you no matter what.”

Those are just simple words but it was enough to keep him going.

Haruto lift his chin using his index finger so that their eyes directly meet each other. He smiled from ear to ear before moving even closer to the younger. “I love you” he said and pinch Jeongwoo's cheeks before he continued.

“Happiness seeps into me when you're around, woo. Without knowing how and why, without notice, joy finds me. Being around you is being alive, i found my home in the form of you and I never thought I would feel what it's like to be in love.”

“And i swear, Even if i try to close my eyes to get rid of this feeling, i would still choose you with my eyes closed. I would choose you even if the world won't allow me to include you in the options. I'd still choose you.”

It was more than words that caused the younger to let his tears roll down on his cheeks. It wasn't just assurance nor clarification but he knows that every word that slipped out of Haruto's lips are genuine.

It comes with his genuine feelings and that's more than enough for him. It was more than enough for his heart to be fulfilled.

The older plant a soft kiss against his forehead before wiping his tears away and pulling him into a warm embrace. “I hate you. I hate you so much.” Jeongwoo replied in between his soft sobs, giving light punches to Haruto as he cry in joy. The tall Japanese only tighten the hug as he whispered words of love and apologies.

“That’s an overwhelming confession, I don't know how to respond.” Jeongwoo childishly complained that made Haruto chuckles as he continue to wipe the younger’s cheeks.

Jeongwoo stared at the man in front of him. His eyes shinning in happiness while appreciating his facial features and without a word, Jeongwoo placed both of his hand on Haruto's nape and pulled him into a kiss. He kissed him with so much love. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be able to deliver.

Haruto's hand rested below on his waist, holding him gently as their breaths mingled. Slowly pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and Jeongwoo could feel the beating of his heart against the taller male's.

“Let’s get married after five years” Haruto whispered to his ears.

Jeongwoo rolled his eyes to tease the taller male. “That’s too long but okay. I want a proposal!” he replied that caused the older male to chuckle.

“Wait for it! You'll cry your eyes out once i propose.”

“Let’s see about that, Mr. Watanabe.”

“Too formal but it's alright. It will be your surname soon” Haruto teased while pulling the younger close for a back hug.

Jeongwoo laughs and slowly removed Haruto's arms on him before planting a kiss on his lips. “By the way, I love you too.”

“Prove it.” Haruto replied moving his eyebrows up and down to tease the latter.

“How?” asked the latter with a grin plastered on his lips.

“You know exactly how, Jeongwoo.”

They stared at each other before the younger hit him with his hands full of bubbles from the soap making both of them burst out in laughter.

Their journey made Jeongwoo laugh and cry, it made him brave and courageous, both of them dealing with their own issues and struggles but ended up walking in the same path because they choose to love each other and stay in the commitment they have. It's a journey that taught him the value of love, listening, perseverance, patience, honesty, and willingness to sacrifice and respect other people's decisions.

Haruto and Jeongwoo wasn't sure of what will happen tomorrow or the next days, weeks, and even years but they know that whatever life may bring, they will face it together. Gaining both love and friendship to face the future without fear. It's the love that made both of them stronger, the love they found in each other.

It wasn't an ideal nor a perfect journey but it was something they would take over and over again without a second thought.

— End

         💎💎💎

Note: Hello! I know this story took me long enough to finish but i still want to say thank you for reading and supporting this story from the very beginning up to now. I didn't expect this story to get so much attention so I really want to thank everyone!!! I hope you are having a great day~ I'm wishing you love and happiness! 💗

See you guys on my next story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 107 10
Y/N is a transferred girl from Japan... she went to Seoul because her dad had some business affairs... her mum passed away when she was three, so her...
14.4K 1K 30
Wish I could turn back time and make everything right, so that I could get over this regret of not having you. I was foolish, coward, scared- but I s...
80K 4.1K 21
Haruto just loved being alone. He was happiest when there was no one to annoy him. Being a eldest heir of Watanabe family he enjoyed all the luxury o...
154K 5.5K 40
treasure series #1 to be able to meet someone and love them again isn't that easy only one person can get you out of your comfort zone and help you...