Cruel Moons

By matefreak12

Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back f... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 14

1.1K 37 3
By matefreak12

I stopped trying to keep track of time while I prepare my body to escape from this shack. I still felt the poison in my body that was ejected into me.

I heard light few steps coming close, turning to see a petite girl with light features approaching me with water. She looked extremely familiar to me but I couldn't place my finger in it.

I stayed quiet as she places a bottle of water at my feet clearly confused on how they expected me to drink it. Most likely another torturing tactic.

As she starts to walk away I feel a sudden burst of realization.
"Cody" I whisper, knowing she would be able to hear it.

As she turns around I continue whispering knowing time is precious in here.

"I can bring you to Cody. He's scared and he needs you"

"How should I trust you" she whispers back already walking towards me again.

"You can keep my wrists tied in silver rope." I desperately say knowing I'm taking advantage of her frightened state.

"I don't believe you"

"Cody followed you to spy on the Crimson Pack.  He accidentally got caught too close to the border but he's alive.  He said someone was ordering you to spy at the pack. Now I know that was Oliver.  He needs you. He needs his sister"

She looked baffled that I knew so much information but then I saw the moment her switch went to fight mode.  She quietly opened up the cage and removed the restraints on me except for 1 silver rope tied around me wrists.

"Leave your phone" I instruct her, "that's the first thing they will track".

I follow her to a busted window and help her climb through even with my tied wrists.  I then follow her out without making a sound.  I look around and see a dirt road surrounded by trees.

I look to Cody's sister to guide me the right way which she finally does after realizing no one heard us.  Once we tip toe a safe distance away we start running at full speed until sunrise.

I stop first finally recognizing my surroundings. 

"What are you doing?  We have to keep moving"

"What's your name" I ask her as a response, "I never asked for your name.

"Charlie"

"Charlie listen, I'm weak. I still feel the wolfsbane in my blood and you haven't untied my wrists yet. I need to rest. I know a pack nearby that will help me"

Charlie quickly comes to untie my wrists herself. I knew I could have easily done it but I wanted to get her to trust me.

"I'm staying with you until I find Cody", she responds as I lead the way to the Silver River Pack.

Alpha James was a little older than me with a very kind soul. Alpha Sam sent me to work with her pack many times during my training years. They are a smaller pack that stay away from violence but still value strength and training. 

I saw the familiar path of white oak trees that lead to large lake that borders most of the pack.  

"Are we hear" Charlie asks.

"Almost. We're gonna stay here until they come to us. This is a peaceful pack.  I don't like to alarm them"

After a short time I see a pack member approaching us at the other end of the lake.  I see he is already rowing a boat to us and explained Alpha James has approved me to cross over.

As soon as I see James I let me body relax knowing I'm safe.  I also notice how rundown I am. From my wrists to my feet I feel open scars that still haven't healed.  I feel my head pounding and the weight of my eye lids.

"Rylee" I hear him saying but it sounds faint. 

"Rylee what happened" he keeps screaming as he runs towards me

Charlie comes near me first to catch my first fall.  James came shortly after to fully carry me. I briefly heard Charlie explain our journey until I gave into the darkness.
———————————————————————
I woke up on a soft bed in a room I recognized in Alpha James house that I have stayed at before. There is an IV hooked up to my arm which I carefully remove, already seeing my bruises and cuts healed. 

I stand up noticing there is a spare clothes and a towel near the bathroom which I take advantage of and clean the filth off of me.  As I rinse myself under the hot water my thoughts go to Adrian.  I lightly touch my body pretending to mimic his movements.   My thoughts suddenly turn dark thinking of our latest encounter which feels like ages ago.

I start to wonder if a relationship can every work knowing we have our rejected mates around. I feel a tears roll down my eyes as they blend into the water stream. 

Even after my small breakdown I just want to run into the only man that has wanted me. Fought for me. Fucked me. Made love to me.

As I dry off and get dressed I start to hear loud voices near by. I quietly open my door to observe the commotion. 

"Where the fuck is she?"

"Adrian calm down. James said she's taking care of her and I trust him"

"She has a mate, kind of. Do you think her wolf needs him?", I recognize Zac asking 

"That's not her fucking mate.  I can help her heal. We have a connection" Adrian growls out.

"My beta followed me here. He said he just needs to see her"

"I think the fair thing to do will be to ask Rylee what she wants. I will be right back"

I hear a growl and then both Zac and Sam shouting out to calm down.   I run back into the room talking everything in.  The first thing I want to do is see Adrian. And the last thing I want to do is see Nathan.

A moment later Alpha James knocks on the door so I let him in.

"You're looking much better" he smiles to me with his shiny green eyes.

"Thanks to you"

"I'm guessing you heard our little Alpha argument" I laugh lightly at his way to lighten the mood.

"You haven't found your mate yet right?" I ask knowing we have had friendly conversations about our mates before.

"Not yet" he responds with a hint of sadness.

"Before you judge me please understand I tried with my mate. It just didn't...."

"Rylee I would never judge you. I may think Adrian is a bit of a hothead but he definitely loves you"

"Wait you think he loves me" I just up from surprise

James smirks at me, "The man tried to fight me on my own territory to see you. Is it so hard to believe people fall in love with you"

In my head I remind myself that I have been rejected by two mates so yes it is hard to believe.  Sometimes I regretted being a warrior because I didn't feel feminine enough. Kind enough. Soft enough.  I just wanted someone to admire me for my strength. 

I jump into James' arms thanking him for just being his kind self knowing the moon goddess will bless him with his soulmate.

Unfortunately at the same time I hear a pounding at the door and see Adrian walk in with murderous eyes.

"I leave you two alone" James casual says while walking out.

I freeze in place feeling the air thicken around us.

"Rylee", he growls out while stepping forward to me.  I squeal once he makes it to me and grabs my thighs to lift me up.  I instantly wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

He throws me on the bed near by with some force, clearly still angry.  He crawls on top of me and grabs my wrists to hold over my head.

"Everyone man needs to know you're mine.  Tell me why I shouldn't mark you right here, right now" 

"Do it", I whisper. I see a hint of surprise in his eyes not thinking I would agree. "I want you. I want to be selfish and be yours. Mark me right here, right now"

Adrian growls his approval before claiming my lips in a heated kiss. I kiss him back which equal intensity. After he successfully kisses, licks, and sucks my lips until they are perfectly swollen.

My pleasure is short lived once Adrian leaps off the bed. The familiar feeling of rejection hits me strong. I look up to see Adrian breathing heavy with a stressful frown and a painful look of regret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
12.4K 337 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
232K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...