✔The Cricketer's Ex-Wife[The...

By thebutterflyeffect31

Now available as Audiobook on Audible India. On the field, Shaurya Gupta is a star batsman for the Indian cri... More

Chapter 1- Ripples in the calm waters
Chapter 2- Pleasure meeting you
Chapter 3- Anger and Resentment
Chapter 4- Sprouts of hope
Chapter 5- The good samaritan
Chapter 6- Not my friend
Chapter 7- Being an adult sucks
Chapter 8- The photoshoot
Chapter 9- A replica
Chapter 10- A friend indeed
Chapter 11- The secret box
Chapter 12- You, me, and room
Chapter 13- Daddy and Baby date
Chapter 14- The Pineapple Attack
Chapter 15- The Thief
Chapter 16- Truth- A two sided coin
Chapter 17- Priya Sinha
Chapter 18- The calm before the storm
Chapter 19- The Good Cop Bad Cop
Chapter 20- Bruises and Balms
Chapter 21- The storm
Chapter 22- The sleepover
Chapter 23- A serial killer and tears
Chapter 24- The Red Riding Hood And Her Wolf
Chapter 25- The Facebook Live
Chapter 26- The burden of truth
Chapter 27- A 7 year old boy
Chapter 28- A second chance
Chapter 29- The Family Trip
Chapter 30- The wake-up call
Chapter 31- Tweets and one E-mail
Chapter 32- When the dust settles
Chapter 33- Our happy ending
Please help

Epilogue

38.6K 2K 510
By thebutterflyeffect31

Author's note: Here is the epilogue you have all been waiting for. I have never written an epilogue before, so I hope it somewhat reaches your expectations and if not then I am sorry. I promised I tried.😓

Without any further ado, here is the update!!!

~~~○●○♡○●○~~~

Pristine white curtains fluttered from the gentle breeze that the Mumbai rain brought with it. The scent of wet mud still managed to bring a smile on Shaurya's face. The afternoon sun fought hard to emerge from behind the thick blanket of clouds, but it barely managed to get the barest hint of its tendrils out filling the city with anticipation of a few sunny days ahead.

Dhvani smiled down at the top of Shaurya's head. He lay on his stomach and facing away from her so that she couldn't see his face, but she knew his expressions by heart, so it wasn't difficult to know what he was doing. Even as she ran her fingers through his thick black hair, he didn't bother to look up.

She couldn't believe two years had passed since she had told him that she wanted to marry him. Two years since they had both decided to give each other a third chance. As they say, third time is the charm! Not to say they didn't have their own set of ups and downs. However, this time around, they knew what they were fighting for, which made their journey so much more easier.

Shaurya raised his head up to look at her, and she felt her breath hitch. It was crazy how a man, even after so many years together, still managed to take her breath away. It was a miracle that God had given them these chances, and they had promised themselves and each other that they would take advantage of this.

"Okay," Dhvani announced and pushed Shaurya out of the way. "We are done!" Picking up their now sleeping daughter, Dhvani brought Shanaya closer to her so she could inhale her sweet baby scent.

"Once more," Shaurya pleaded and gave Dhvani his best Dhruv impression and puckered his lips to place a kiss on his daughter's cheek.

"No, that's enough!" Dhvani shook her head and began getting up when he held her hand to stop her. She hissed in response, and he immediately let go with a mumbled apology.

"That's more than enough. Dhruv will be back from school anytime now, and he is bringing his friend. You are going to keep them occupied, so I can plan Dhruv's birthday party." She ordered and placed Shanaya into the crib. Covering her with her soft fluffy blanket that Shaurya bought for her from England, she said, "Shaurya, shut the windows."

Dhvani let out an exasperated sigh when she saw Shaurya leaning into the crib once again to stroke their daughter's cheek. He had been away from them for almost a month on a series, so he thought he needed to make up for all the kisses and hugs he had missed. Dhvani often complained that the kids seemed to love him more than her. Hitting him lightly on his shoulder and giving a glare, she walked over to the window to shut it.

"She is so beautiful," Shaurya said and wrapped his arm around Dhvani's shoulder when she returned. "Just like her mother."

Dhvani let out a choked laugh and twisted her body look at him. "What did you do, Shaurya?"

"What do you mean? I am just giving my wife and daughter a compliment. Can I not do that?" He asked, looking at her with an offended glance.

"Uh-huh!" She straightened his collar and smiled.

He followed her out of the bedroom after softly shutting the door.

"I am making sandwiches for Dhruv and his friend. Do you want one?" She asked from the kitchen.

"Ummm. Sure." He scratched the back of his neck and sat on the countertop as he watched her assemble the sandwich.

She glanced over at him and then focused her attention back to the sandwich. "What's going on? You have been giving me that look." She handed him a plate with the sandwich.

He took a bite and chewed, looking everywhere else except her, "What look?" He finally asked when Dhvani continued to pin him down with her glare.

"The one where you want to tell me something, but you can't because you know I'll get angry." She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

Taking a deep breath, he looked at her."Dhvani," he began cautiously. "For Dhruv's 10th birthday... I... I was thinking maybe we should invite your father."

Her smile slowly faltered before disappearing completely. Turning around, she began making another sandwich, but this time with trembling fingers.

"Dhvani," He came and stood beside her and held her hand while she tried to slice a tomato in anger. With an annoyed grunt, she let go of the knife and pushed past him.

"Listen to me," He said and followed her to the living room where she had begun to arrange the cushions on the couch. "I know you are angry at him-"

"If you knew, then why would you suggest we invite him?" She demanded, with her hands on her hips.

He let her calm down for a few moments before he reached out and hugged her. "I know you are mad at him, but he is really sorry about everything. You know how many times he has reached out to us. Wanting to see Dhruv, Shanaya and.... you."

"He should have thought about all this before playing his dirty games with us." She snapped and pushed him away to go and sit on the couch. "I don't understand how you can forgive him so easily."

"I haven't forgiven or forgotten what has happened. Trust me. But, he is genuinely sorry for his actions and wants to make up for everything. And quite honestly, I think the biggest punishment for him was the loss of respect and affection that you had. Don't you think maybe we can call it truce by agreeing to invite him to special events where he can interact with his grandchildren?"

Running her fingers through her hair, she looked up at him. "You do realize why I am not jumping at this opportunity, right?"

"I know, and I am not very ecstatic about the whole situation either," Shaurya said and then sighed. "And he knows that too. I don't think he expects a lot from us either."

Dhvani sat quietly, contemplating. She wondered if she would ever be able to look past all the things her father had done. No, never. She would never be able to forgive him, but for the namesake of their relationship, she could try to give him an opportunity to change. "Fine, but all of this is going to be done on my terms.... on our terms. I know him. He is going to overindulge in our kids, so we have to make it clear that he doesn't have the right to interfere in our lives or children's' lives."

"Of course! I'll make sure we keep it clear." Shaurya said as he sat down beside her. "You know I have been having this really strange and odd thought. Now that we are parents, I feel like I understand your father a little."

She looked up at him in bewilderment, and he immediately rushed to clarify, "Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I understand or support his actions, but intention... maybe. He just wanted the best for his daughter." He shrugged his shoulders with a small smile. "But as they say, your actions always can't be justified by your intentions."

The doorbell rang and echoed in the empty house, breaking the silent thoughts that the couple was having.

"Hi, Papa." Dhruv brushed past Shaurya as soon as the door opened and began rushing towards the playroom with his friend in tow.

"Hi, Uncle. Hi, Aunty," Ankush, Dhruv's friend, greeted quickly as he ran behind Dhruv.

"Dhruv, first eat something," Dhvani yelled behind them, but they were too busy talking animatedly about the new game of his PlayStation.

"So, they are friends now?" Shaurya mused, referring to the frenemity that Ankush and Dhruv shared.

"I guess so." Dhvani smiled and walked up to Shaurya before wrapping her arms around his waist. She rested her head under his chin.

"Everything will be okay." He said, placing a kiss against her forehead.

"As long as we are together. We will be okay." She murmured against his chest.

Wailing sounds from the bedroom had them sighing and breaking apart. Their daughter was awake, which meant neither of them would be able to do anything because she required both their attention. Even if Shanaya noticed that either one of them was trying to slip away, she would cause havoc with her crying.

~~~○●○♡○●○~~~

Three weeks later

Dhavni placed her hands on her hips as she looked at the mess that was left behind after Dhruv's birthday party. She was thrilled that this would probably be the last birthday he will host at home since his friends had already begun celebrating theirs at restaurants and amusement parks. Shaurya and Dhvani convinced Dhruv to have this one party at home so Shanaya could partake in it too.

The party went without a hitch, even with Hairprakash Mishra being there. As he was leaving to go back to his hotel after the party, he tried to hug Dhvani, but she kept her arms firmly to her side. "It will take a while, Papa. Maybe one day. Not today." She said with emotions choking her voice, and to her surprise, he simply nodded even as he fought his tears.

Since she had already changed into her nightgown, she tied her hair in a bun; she began cleaning. Shaurya had already told her that the cleaners would be there tomorrow, but she really couldn't sleep knowing that there was such a mess in the next room.

"Dhvani," Shaurya walked up to her and shook his head. "I told you that-"

"I know." She smiled and continued cleaning. "I am just cleaning up enough, so when I wake up tomorrow morning, I don't throw up. Are the kids asleep?"

"They fell asleep right away. Dhruv was practically sleeping while brushing his teeth," He chuckled. "And Shanaya... I can't believe she stayed awake this long without cranky."

"I know. They looked so adorable in that picture the photographer took. The one where he was holding her, and they had matching birthday hats. We are going to have to frame that." She said and tied the garbage bag she was filling.

"Here, let me get that." He took the garbage bag and took it to the kitchen. "I still don't understand why we can't just hire a full-time maid?"

"I don't need them." She repeated distractedly; it was the same answer she had given him a thousand times before.

"I wish Trupti and Lucky could have stayed," Shaurya said as he began moving the furniture to its original position. "We haven't really had a chance to hang out with them for a while now."

"Shaurya, Trupti is pregnant. Remember when I was pregnant, all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch Baby's Day Out." She said and slumped down on the couch to demonstrate.

Lucky and Trupti had finally managed to put their egos aside and accept their feelings for each other a little over a year ago. The duo had gotten closer together when they were helping plan Dhvani and Shaurya's wedding, which had them spending a lot of time in each other's company, which led them to talk more and then some more till they too decided to forgive each other and start afresh. 

After nearly 45 minutes, the place looked somewhat acceptable to Dhvani, so she and Shaurya sat down, tired beside each other. Resting her head on his shoulder, she clasped his hand in hers. "Did I tell you that I love you?"

"Of recent?" He laughed and pretended to think. "No, I don't think so."

She giggled and snuggled closer to him. "Well, I love you."

"I love you too," He replied and kissed her hand. "Do you think Dhruv liked the bicycle got him?"

"He did," Dhvani reassured. "But, he might have liked something else better."

Shaurya sighed and shook his head. "I don't get why you had to show him the contract."

"I didn't show it to him. He opened the package that contained the contract and script when it was dropped off." She pointed out. "What is so wrong if Dhruv wants to act in the movie that he was offered?"

"Why do we have to have this conversation again?" Shaurya groaned and moved away from her.

"Because Dhruv really wants to do this, Shaurya. You know he is talented."

"Performing in front of us is different, and acting in a film is different." He drawled.

She folded her legs and sat facing him "Shouldn't we trust our child and encourage him in whatever he wants to do?"

"Dhvani, you do realize what will happen once we sign the dotted line, right? Dhruv will become a public figure. He will be susceptible to all the ridicule and hate from random strangers on the street."

"He still gets the hate and judgment from people that don't even know us. Plus, you and I both know our son was made for this celebrity lifestyle. He has handled this whole thing way better than you, and I could have." She softly added, "He really wants to do this, Shaurya."

"Dhvnai, you were working in the PR. You know how the environment on these sets are. Why don't any of these superstars let their children work in movies? They-"

"Because they want to launch them as adults and movies that practically showcase them as "heroes." While Dhruv, he just wants to perform for anyone who is willing to watch." She moved closer to him and placed her hands on his shoulders, "Let's talk to him again tomorrow. Explain the negatives of him taking on this role, and then if he still wants to do it... then we'll see. Okay?"

He exhaled loudly and then nodded. "Fine," He said with a sigh. Shaurya wanted to disagree and argue some more, but the truth was that they had decided that they would always support their children's decisions. Yes, they would be there to guide them and advise them if they needed it, but it was their life at the end of the day. Their life to learn and live. Their role as parents wasn't to rule their lives but to instill good values in them and to provide them with a good upbringing, which empowered them to make the correct decision. If someday, either Dhruv or Shanaya failed, they would be there with open arms and a smile on their faces to say, "It's okay. As long as you tried your best."

"You know what it does to me when you agree with me on things without a lot of  argument, right?" She asked as her eyes lit up in glee. Walking on her knees, she moved close enough to almost sit on his lap.

"You aren't tired?" He asked in amusement when Dhvani leaned over to pepper kisses on his neck.

She pulled back and raised her eyebrows, mockingly, "Why are you tired? Guess your age is finally catching up to you, right?"

"Really?" He began leaning closer to her with a challenging smirk.

"Wait!" Placing a hand on his lips, she stood up. "Let's go check on the kids first. I'll clean up... I mean, the maid will clean up when she arrives tomorrow." She hurriedly clarified when Shaurya opened his mouth to argue.

When the couple softly opened the door to Dhruv's room, which Shanaya was sharing today, their heart filled with so much joy that it almost felt like it would explode. The soft light from the bedroom revealed Dhruv's hand on Shanaya's stomach as if he was patting her to sleep, but instead, he fell asleep.

Dhvani looked up Shaurya, and they both smiled when their eyes met because they knew what they were both thinking. He reached for the hallway's light and switched it off before they tiptoed into the room and flanked their children. Luckily, Dhruv had insisted on getting an adult bed, so they were all able to fit.

Shaurya smiled down at his perfect family as they slept in the middle of the night when his sleep was disturbed slightly. He couldn't resist the urge to place a kiss on their faces as he silently renewed his vow to always protect them from any harm to the best of his abilities.

As he brushed Dhvani's hair away from her face, he fell a little more in love with her. It was strange, but they say that you have found your soulmate if you find yourself falling more in love with them every passing moment.

And he sure had found his!

Author's note#2: Firstly, Thank you so much for all the love on this story. We have hit 100K reads!!!!! I seriously can't believe it. You guys are awesome ❤❤

Secondly, I know there wasn't a lot of Dhruv or Shanaya in this part and it was only because I wanted to keep this part specifically for Shaurya and Dhvani as their children will be getting their own stories in my new book. I really hope you enjoyed reading the epilogue.

Thank you once again for all the love!!!❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 3.1K 7
"Marry me", Shaurya Singh Shekhawat muttered with pure hatred in his eyes holding her arms in his vile grip "You hate me", Akansha Dixit said with fe...
3.1K 200 21
Hi guysss! Thankss for showering love on my second novel. Love uu guyss, so I decided to create one cricket ff novel, so this story is about AASHIKA...
276K 10.3K 60
"I hate you Mr. Hardik Pandya" "Not like I love you Mrs. Drishti Shah Pandya" "Very well then just stay away" "I would very much love to" Read to fi...
65.7K 2.7K 31
"Biwi, biwi lagti hai yeh meri. Aur kuch sunna hai?" ***** "Jab biwi nahi thi tab itna farq parra tha ab to biwi ho" ****** " tumhara hi hu , andar b...