Crimson Heart

By RyleyKalem

"How can I trust you? After what you've done!" Beta Prince Waylon Kailea's counting down the days of his fin... More

1| The Outsider
Crimson Heart Cast
2| Angel In the Steam
3| Do I Look Dangerous?
4| A Bump In the Night
5| Concussion Syndrome
6|Falling For The One Who Could Break My Heart
7| The Lost Beta
8| Know You Won't Tell Nobody Bout Me
9| Can We Kiss Forever?
10| So Take My Hand, Take My Whole Life Too
11| Don't Touch Alexei's Baby
12| Fuego
13| What's Wrong With Being Confident?
14| I'll Never Be The Same
15| Waylon's 1st Friend
16| The Secret Life of Wei
Welcome To The Island Of Kailea
17| Heart of Crimson
18| The Alpha Walk
19| Papa's Final Words
20| The House of Crimson
21| What if...
22| The Ceremony
24| Save Me
25| Alpha Alexei Of Crimson
26| Sweet Lover of Mine
27| Hello, From The Other Side
28| I love You Baby
29|| Shelter from The Storm
30| Resilient DNA
31 | Fingers and Toes
32| Unimportant
33| As Long As I'm With You
34| Fearing The Inevitable
35| The Captive Five
36| Let It Snow
37. Kiss Me Goodbye
38. Hey Brother, There's an endless road to rediscover
39| Love That Grows
40. Triple Threat
41| The Cold War
42| Four Sons
43| The Rejected Vendetta
Epilogue
To Be Continued
CRimson Heart LIVE Q&A
Crimson Summer

23| If You Love Me, Let Me Go

3.3K 226 159
By RyleyKalem

~Noah~

"WAYLON!" 

Tristan screamed our baby's name at the top of his lungs but it did nothing to calm the storm surrounding us. If anything the wind picked up speeds to the point where all of us had to hold onto a nearby tree for some kind of anchor.

From the tall cliff, you could see the wall the size of the tsunami rising above the island, threatening to destroy us all but it remained unmoving as if we were in a bubble of protection. The wind and rain all having a single point where its strength was at its maximum. 

That point being my son. 

Waylon seemingly floated just beyond the edge of the cliff, his glowing blue eyes left without white as he stared straight ahead with his arms slowly rising. I feared what might happen when his hands touched. 

Because we've been afraid of this day ever since we discovered his true power as the God of the Ocean. 

"WEI! COME BACK!" Alexei tried calling out but Waylon was deaf to it all. I bit my lower lip, pondering in thought as I figured out the logistics of what I was about to do. Would it work? Maybe. 

But I have to try. 

Because he's my baby. 

With my heart nearly pounding in my throat I let go of the tree I was holding and started walking towards him. 

"Noah? Noah what are you doing? NOAH!" Mason called out to me but I ignored him, continuing to walk through the heavy winds. Because with every storm there has to be an eye and I think Waylon is the center. 

It gets stronger the closer I get, to the point where the ground beneath me is flying away and my husbands' screams turn into gentle murmurs. His hands get closer and closer to touching as I grasp at the dirt just to reach him. Getting to the edge of the cliff, I look down at the sandy beach so far below us and know if we fall, there's no coming back. 

Unless I can soften it.

I take a leap of faith and step out beyond the cliff's edge without looking down. Reaching Wei with just three footsteps. Each one forcing me to feel the wind beneath my feet until I grasped Wei's hands in mine and pulled them down.

A small bubble around us formed through his eye of the storm and I could no longer hear the wind, only the sound of his hyperventilating through his tears. 

"Wei? Baby, it's me," I remind him as I grasp his head in my hands and press my forehead to his. Something Mason often does for me whenever I have a bad PTSD attack or need to be brought back to the center. 

"Papa?" Waylon's voice cracks as he whispers my name and I hold him close. 

"Yes, baby it's me," I tell him as I close my eyes and he releases a shaky breath. 

"I'm so scared Papa," He whimpers to the point where I could just barely understand him and I kiss the top of his forehead. 

"I know but this has to stop," I remind him and he quickly shakes his head.

"I can't stop Papa, I can't. It won't let me," he cries and I know the God in him is trying to take advantage of his emotional state and take over. 

"Yes, you can baby, fight it. I know you can," I remind him and he burst out into tears as he tries so hard but fails. It was too much for him. 

"It's too powerful Papa," Waylon sniffles, and I gently nuzzle his forehead. Knowing what has to happen next. 

"Give it to me baby," I tell him and I can feel Anu's presence but appreciate him not protesting. 

If you do this, you know it will kill your human form

Anu reminds me and I nod, feeling a single tear slip from my lower lids.

"I've got you baby boy, just put it on me okay?" I ask him and he chokes on his own breath. 

"But Papa-"

"It's okay Wei, just tell your beautiful babies all about me okay? And don't be sad because I love you and I wouldn't have it any other way," I remind him as I open my eyes for the last time. 

 Memorizing the perfection in of every single one of Waylon's features, proud to know I created the blue in his eyes and the blonde in his curls. The curve in his smile and the attitude in the essence his very being.

 I've raised him to be the better version of me. 

A man that is selfless and never runs from his problems. One that gives every ounce of love he has to give without building walls. 

I know he's going to do great things in life. 

Even though it's going to have to be without me. 

"Papa," Wei cried out and I just gave his face a small squeeze as I looked him in the eyes and nodded. 

"I love you," 

It was the last words I said to him before I closed my eyes. 

And in every ounce of essence I took from him, I felt myself gradually losing my own. 

At least it wasn't painful.

The storm finally stopped and I wrapped my arms around him, weakened to the point where I could no longer breathe. 

But that's okay. 

We fell, right there together and Anu took over, guiding our baby to the ground below as the ocean wall fell without overtaking the island. 

Just as I thought we'd hit the beach, the ocean came to soften his human's fall and for that I was thankful. The pain was sharp but only for a second making me feel like I only blinked for a second. 

I'm no longer in the ocean but watching as my body laid still on the sand alongside Waylon's. I couldn't feel the ocean's calming waters licking our toes or hear the screams as our family rushed towards our bodies. 

Alexei practically dropped to the sand as he cradled Wei in his arms like a baby. My poor Waylon started coughing and gasping for air so I knew he would be okay. 

"You did the right thing," 

Rowan says as they stand in front of me, blocking my view of my own body and the heartbreak that surrounded it. 

"I know," 

I told them and they wrapped their arm around my shoulder, guiding me away from the scene. 

"Do you want to leave your mark on them?" They asked and I tried my hardest not to look back but couldn't help. Turning my head slightly, I watched my mates endless screaming but couldn't hear a word. 

"Yeah, I think it would make them more upset if I took it," I tell Rowan and they nod with understanding. 

"Come, we have work to do my friend and I want you to tell me all about Remy," Rowan pleads and I laugh. Walking down the beach just a little bit more before pausing. 

Looking out to the beautiful Kailea sky from this side one last time before joining Rowan on the other. 

********************************

Send help, I can't stop crying 

RIP Noah Lukas Kailea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 355K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
161K 8.1K 67
Book 3 of the Regal Eclipse Series This book contains spoilers for Book 1 - Alpha King's Missing Mate and Book 2 - The Alpha King's Slave After wi...
24.2K 490 14
"God, how have never realized how hot you are?" "Maybe because you've always had your head too far up your ass," I grumbled back, not really thin...
708 31 20
In a realm of nocturnal creatures, Lucas Bright, an endearing and spirited omega, encounters his destined mate, the Alpha King, while fleeing his for...