Being Accused {Complete}√ {Re...

By Navkiran_Shergill

# 3nd position holder in "Wattpad Infinity Awards 2018" under genre "Thriller" "You promised me that you will... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 2 : Getting Back
Chapter 3: Enquiring in Mahabaleshwar
Chapter 4 : The Rivals
Chapter 5 : The Secret Meeting
Chapter 6 : The Media
Chapter 7 : The Nightmare
Chapter 8 : "She"
Chapter 9 : Conspiracy
Chapter 10 : Journey to the Camp
Chapter 11 : Arguments
Chapter 12 : The feelings
Chapter 13 : Questions
Chapter 14 : Answers
Chapter 15 : The Past
Chapter 16 : Trust
Chapter 17 : Closeness
Chapter 18 : Planning for the big day
Chapter 19 : The Press Meet
Chapter 20 : The Mastermind
Chapter 21 : Old Sins & Sorrows!

Epilouge

102 6 202
By Navkiran_Shergill

RECAP: Real culprits of new & old case of Bulbul are arrested and now, everything seems fine. Before Bulbul could give her reply to Jay's proposal, Jay tells her that he is going back to his family, to give another chance to his marriage. Though a bit heartbroken, Bulbul is yet happy for Jay & his family. But before he(Jay) leaves, he asks Bulbul to give Viren a chance, to become her life partner, confiding that Viren truly loves and cares for her.

Now further.............

Jay Verma's case ends on a happy note, well mostly! The rest of the day passes with cops incharge(Viren & Bulbul), filling the document formalities of the case file. Acp informs Bulbul, that she has to meet inquiry commission, the very next day, as truth of last case is now exposed.

Next morning.........

Bulbul after getting ready, to present herself in front of inquiry commission, for their final report, climbs down the stairs. Her maid, Kanta greets her.

"Good morning mam!"

"Morning Kanta!" she(Bulbul) replies her(Kanta) back with a smile.

It is then Bulbul's gaze falls on a beautiful flower bouquet of red roses, lying on the centre table of living room. She(Bulbul) walks to the table & grabs the bouquet in her hands.

She is just looking at the flowers silently, when Kanta rolls her eyes & sighs.

"Viren sir!" Kanta tells that Viren left the bouquet for her(Bulbul).

"Here! Let me throw these too in the dustbin!" Kanta says sighing sadly as Bulbul has never accepted flowers from Viren and poor flowers always ends up in the garbage.

As Kanta forwards her right hand towards Bulbul, to take back the bouquet from Bulbul, to her(Kanta's) utter surprise, Bulbul takes her own hands back.

"No..!No...!No need!! Ummm..... I anyways wanted some fresh flowers for this vase!! So these will do!" Bulbul says giving an excuse and moves to a small side table, placed near her.

On this side table, a vase with 2-3 days old flowers, is placed. She(Bulbul) takes out those old flowers & slides the fresh stalks of red roses in that vase. As Bulbul is doing so, Kanta is standing with open mouth in shock.

"Mam! They were sent by "Viren sir!", and for the first time ever, not that you only accepted his sweet gesture but also decorated this vase with those flowers! Am I dreaming! I suppose, am going crazy!" Kanta says not believing her eyes.

Bulbul first pause decorating the vase on hearing Kanta's words, then thinks for a moment before speaking again.

"Ummm..... What's the big deal!? I mean, I just told you that this vase needed to get the old flowers replaced."

Bulbul gives another excuse, as she is quietly trying to give a chance to Viren!

Afterall why not! He always has been on her side, no matter what. Even when she was rude to him, he still never bailed on her. Infact
he is truly a person, she can trust blindly. Yeah! she realise this about him, but maybe isn't brave enough to accept it, in front of others.

"Umm....okay! Alright! If you say so! But aren't you getting late for your case appearance!?" Kanta asks Bulbul.

Bulbul nods & moves towards dinning table silently. Soon after breakfast, she moves to police headquarters, where her case appearance is. As she reaches outside the hall room, where she has to present herself in front of commission, she looks nervous! Viren who is there to support her holds her both hands in his.

"Hey! It's gonna be fine! Your innocence is already proved after Sanju's arrest. This case appearance! It's just a formality! You just go in, get your badge & revolver back & walk out of this door, clearing your name of any irrational blame. Okay!! Afterall I want my partner back for good." Viren says in a calm tone while Bulbul smiles lightly.

"Now where's my partner who loves yelling on me!"

Viren further utters in a funny tone while Bulbul chuckles & mouths him a "Thankyou" for all his care & support.

It is then Bulbul's phone beeps. She checks it & finds that, it is a message from Jay, wishing her(Bulbul) good luck. She smiles lightly at it while Viren sighs. Maybe he(Viren) still is a bit jealous of Jay but also happy that he(Jay) is now just "a friend" of Bulbul.

Soon, Bulbul is called in. She sighs deep, as she hear her name from a junior cop, who informs her that enquiry commission is calling for her. Viren understands that she is a bit nervous. Luckily, he(Viren) has to be present inside along with Bulbul, as he was the 2nd incharge of bomb blast case.

Viren holds Bulbul's right hand in his own left hand and walks inside along with her. Bulbul felt nice as he(Viren) does so. Soon, the enquiry commission declares her(Bulbul) innocent and asks her to join her post as senior officer asap, for a long run this time. She accepts the result & is about to leave giving a salute to her seniors in that commission, when one of member of commission stops her.

"Officer!! I want to know something from you. You were clean(innocent) from the very begining! Then why didn't you told us the truth that you were framed in this(bomb blast) case!!" A senior officer from commission asks Bulbul.

Bulbul smiles lightly, "With due respect sir!! We say, justice is served to anyone who knocks law's door. But the truth is, 90-95% of innocent people are proven guilty every time because either the evidences or the eye witness are manipulated. Sometimes, even we have insiders from the department who help criminals. And the real culprits! They just escape from law's clutches, just like that!" She sighs and pause.

"Kind of same thing happened with me too! Though I was always innocent but the evidences that you had against me! Would have won anyway against my own testimony! Because the only person who could be my alibi, was that man, who himself got blasted in that warehouse! And Ranjan would never had given his alibi in my favour. So! I thought it useless to tell the real truth of that bomb blast. Wasn't having any proof, which law demands!" Bulbul sighs telling.

Hearing her(Bulbul) the members of enquiry commission just kept their silence, glaring each other, as what Bulbul just told them is a sour truth of law. Bulbul just salutes them for one last time, showing her respect to her seniors and moves out of the room, leaving the commission thoughtful.

.

.

With an hour or so, Acp calls both Viren and Bulbul in his office. Though she(Bulbul has got her position and respect back, yet it has to be officially confirmed by her, to her senior officer, who is her boss, Acp Pradyuman in her case. Also, as Viren was her partner in both cases, he has to be present in Acp's office as well.

Both officers salutes their senior(Acp) who replies them with a head nod.

"Bulbul! Viren has already told me about Vinam and that you want to resign for good to take a teaching job. But there is one thing which I too wish to share." Acp pauses for a while making her look at him(Acp) keenly.

"I knew your brother. A few years back, when I visited Delhi for a case, I met your brother officer Vineet. He truly was a fierce cop! A man of action. Am so sorry for the tragedy that hit your family."

Acp says in a consoling tone, while Bulbul just is looking at him trying hard not to get emotional yet her eyes become moist.

"I am sorry for your loss. I can't change the past but yeah if you need any sort of help! Am here. I might be your boss but you are like my daughter only. So feel free to ask for anything. Hmm!" Acp offers softly.

"Thankyou sir! That means alot! Thankyou so much!" Bulbul says emotionally.

Acp give her a tight lipped smile and nodes, "And rest! As far as our professionalism comes, enquiry commission already has proved you innocent. You can join officially asap. But yes, it should be your own decision. I won't force you if you want to resign and go for the teaching job for sake of Vinam!" He says genuinely.

Bulbul thinks deeply for a while and asks, "Sir! When can I join back?

Acp and Viren look at her astonished especially Viren.

"Bulbul! What are you saying! I mean ..... You wanted to be around Vinam right! So .... I mean ... What are you saying?"

Viren asks totally puzzled at her.

Bulbul give him a light smile, "Viren I can't thank you enough for that offer. Yeah I could be around Vinam, if I choose teaching but I can protect him better if I stay!" She pause and again continue.

"Yes! I would be there to protect him almost all the time, if I choose that(teaching) job but I can protect him more nicely, if I could abolish crime from this city. Yeah it's a big thing to expect but if we try, wouldn't we be able to make our city crime free!? Safe for not just my Vinam but other kids and citizens of Mumbai as well." She asks softly.

Viren does not know how to react as what she just said is true and right also. He just sighs looking away while Acp looks at Bulbul.

"Your brother would be so proud of you. Am sure he's looking down at you from the heavens and is happy that you are doing so well in life with right decisions!" Acp appreciates her(Bulbul).

Bulbul just smiles sweetly while Acp grabs an envelope, lying on the table in front of him. He looks up at Viren and for a brief moment.

"Well! I guess we don't need to do this now!" Saying so he tears the envelope which has Viren's resignation letter in it, as he thought Bulbul would be resigning so he(Viren,) too gave his resignation letter.

For him(Viren) like they(Bulbul and Viren) talked earlier, they both would be teaching in same school after resigning from the services and Vinam too would be studying in same school only. But it changes now with Bulbul's decision to stay.

"Now that Bulbul has decided to stay. Am sure! my two of best cops still would like to work in partnership!" ACP says looking at his both cops(Viren & Bulbul).

Viren and Bulbul exchange glances. Bulbul is hopeful that Viren would support her but look on his face is confusing her. Viren too brushes off the thoughts going on inside his head and smiles nodding, bringing smile at Bulbul's lips too.

"Okay! then! Now that you two are back, I would like you guys to start with work asap! It's not like criminals are having some vacations!" Acp utters in a bossy tone hiding his joy that his both best cops are back.

Yes! Acp do care for his cops. And as Viren and Bulbul are two of his best cadets, he cares for them too. Yet he has to maintain his bossy image, though in his heart he is happy for them(Bulbul & Viren). Both cops nods and salute him(Acp) before leaving his cabin. As they both(Viren & Bulbul) leaves his cabin, Acp smiles sweetly, sighing softly.

.

.

.

.

After 7-8 months........

It's morning and Bulbul comes home after her jogging. Kanta(Maid) greets her(Bulbul) while the girl replies her(maid) back with a smile.

"Where is he!? Still sleeping?"

Bulbul asks the maid.

"Yes mam! You know, only you can wake him him!" Kanta tells with a brief smile.

Bulbul shakes her head with a smile, "Alright! You please prepare the breakfast! I'll just go and see him." Saying so, Bulbul leaves to wake someone.

Bulbul enters in a room, full with handmade painting and color brushes and color paints in one corner while a study table along with a chair in other corner. A basketball basket is fixed in one of the wall while on a wooden shelf, a basket ball with a bat and cricket ball is lying. The walls of room are full with posters of racing cars and superheros. In the middle of the room, a young lad is sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face.

Bulbul smiles unknowingly looking at him and moves towards him. She settles herself on the bed besides him and ruffles his hair after pecking softly on his forehead.

"Vinam!! Wakey wakey my baby!" She says sweetly.

Yes! Vinam aka Guddu now lives with her only. Though he goes to the school which Viren has suggested, where Vinam will get better education and opportunities.

Vinam stirs in sleep and places his head in her(Bulbul's) lap hugging her from her waist.

"Bua(Paternal aunt)just five more minutes!" the lad says in a sleepy tone.

Bulbul smiles at his antics and smears his head recalling some past memories.

"Bhabhi just 2 minutes more."

Vinam's antics reminds me of her only when she was a teenage girl and Anamika(Vinam's mother and Bulbul's sister-in-law) use to wake her(Bulbul) up.

"Guddu! Common honey! You'll be late for your school then! Common get up baby!" Bulbul again utters softly ruffling the boy's hair.

"Why isn't it Sunday today!? How far is the weekend!" Vinam again says in sleepy tone in a bit irked tone.

Bulbul chuckles at him. "That's 2 days away! Today's thursday!" She tells.

Hearing her, Vinam instantly opens his eyes and gets up on bed.

"Today is Thursday! Awesome! That means You and fufu(Paternal aunt's husband) are taking me on a stroll on the beach and fufu promised me icecream as well." The young lad says excitingly.

"Excuse me!! Fufu!?"

Bulbul knew he(Vinam) is talking about Viren only yet she asks.

"Common bua(Paternal aunt)! I know you both are not officially together-together but anyone can see love in his(Viren's) eyes, that he holds for you! He truly loves you bua. And also he loves me so much, I mean he takes out time to meet us, play video games with me sometimes, take me for shopping as well. He is the best." He says a bit mature-ly.

Bulbul is lost in her thoughts for a while as what the young lad said is true. Not that she too realise it, but also since she got back on her duty, she too is getting drawn towards Viren. Though she doesn't let it show it on her face nor she confess. She brushes off her thoughts and twists Vinam's nose playfully.

"Someone is acting mature than his age. You are a kid so act like one. Don't pretend like my father. Hmm!!" She says joking.

"Am the man of this house so I have to take care of you and your future!" Vinam again says smiling mischievously.

Bulbul's jaw drops in astonishment while she is holding back a giggle.

"Ahan! Man of this house! Wait let me show you!"

Saying so Bulbul begins ticking him while voice their giggles fill the entire room.

"Sorry sorry bua! I was just kidding with you!" Vinam says still giggling.

Bulbul leaves him smiling sweetly. "Little rascal! Now go and get ready for school! Kanta is preparing breakfast." Saying so she taps his cheeks and leave to get ready herself too.

Soon, after getting ready and after breakfast both Bulbul and Vinam are ready to leave for their destinations. After dropping Vinam at his school, making sure, he entered the main gate of school safely, she(Bulbul) too leaves for police station.

.

.

.

Thane Police station, Mumbai.......

As Bulbul enters police station, she is greeted by salutes from her junior officers while she replies them all with a smile and a head nod. When she reach her cabin, which she shares with Viren, she find Viren taking to someone on phone call. She enters in and waves at him silently with a soft smile while he too waves back with a smile, still taking on phone.

As he hangs up the call, he moves towards Bulbul.

"So how're you! And how's my champ!?"

Viren asks about her(Bulbul) and Vinam.

"Yeah am fine! Infact today your champ is so excited since morning that we are taking him on a stroll on the beach!"

She tells smiling.

Viren too smiles back, "Offcourse! And I too remember! Infact I have already talked to Acp sir that even if any new case arrives today, by the time we have to leave, our Shindey and Madan(their junior officers) will be handling that case for today! We'll be taking over that case tomorrow." He informs her.

"But offcourse! We surely are going for an outing in the evening. Afterall I made a promise to Vinam and how can i let my champ down?!" He adds further softly.

Bulbul is just gazing at him with a soft smile, astonished that how much not only Viren cares for her

but also genuinely takes Vinam as his own only. He notices his glare on himself.

"Hey! What are you looking at!? What did I do now? Or haven't you seen such a handsome cop before!?" Viren says joking while she giggles at him.

"Shall we focus on our work now!" She says.

"Aye aye captain!"

Viren says saluting playfully while Bulbul shakes her head at his antics.

The rest of the day passes in a blur and in evening, as promised to Vinam, Viren takes him(Vinam) and Bulbul on the beach stroll. They have a great time together. Bulbul adores both Viren and Vinam, as two boys have bonded great since she introduced them both to each other. Life surely is good now. Three of them spend a quality time together before Viren drops Vinam and Bulbul at their home.

Time is passing nicely. Not that Bulbul isn't facing any problems now but with Viren by her side, she use to face anything and everything strong-ly. One day, Jay and Rosie invites Bulbul, Vinam, Viren and Acp at his place as it's his(Jay's) son, Sunny's birthday. Now Jay and Rosie have a friendly relation with Bulbul and Viren as because of them(Viren & Bulbul) dealing Jay's case, Jay ended up reuniting with his wife, Rosie.

.

.
Jay's place.......

Rosie and Jay are taking with guests, being good hosts while Sunny is playing with his class fellows whom the little kid(Sunny) invited to his birthday party. As Viren arrives there with Bulbul and Vinam, Vinam rushes to Jay greeting him and Rosie while Jay hugs the lad.

"Vinam! How are you buddy!" Jay asks.

Vinam parts the hug and looks up at him(Jay), "Am fighting fit Mr. Jay! But look at you! You look more dashing! Is it Mrs.Jay's love talking!" He says teasing him while Jay giggles.

Vinam then greets and hugs Rosie who hugs him back first smearing Vinam's head affectionately.

"So good to see you again. Don't you too look more young than last time!" Vinam jokes with Rosie as well who giggles while Bulbul slaps playfully at Vinam's arm trying to stop him.

"Why! Thankyou! You too are looking much handsome yourself!" Rosie compliments him back.

"That I am!" Vinam replies pretending proud and giggles.

"Anyways, where's the birthday boy!" Vinam asks while Rosie points in a direction where little Sunny is running around with his friends.

Vinam nodes and moves to meet and wish little Sunny while here Jay and Viren hug each other, greeting each other.

"Am glad you could make it!" Jay says while I'm hug.

"Wouldn't have missed Sunny's birthday for anything!" Viren replies back with a smile while parting.

Bulbul too hugging and greeting Rosie, steps towards Jay who too engulfs her in a "Friendly" hug.

Yes! Both Jay and Bulbul have moved on in their lives. Viren too holds no insecurity regarding their friendship.

Soon, Viren and Bulbul meets the birthday boy and wishes him, giving him a big joint gift box. Sunny too thanks them with a smile. Soon, Acp too joins them as Jay has invited him too. He too brought a gift for the birthday boy. The birthday boy(Sunny) cut his birthday cake, with his parents standing on his either sides and everyone around him(Sunny) clapping for him singing birthday song for him. Soon, the party goes in full swing.

Everyone is enjoying music and food, chitchatting with each other while kids are just playing around, being the kids. While having good talks with their host Jay & Rosie, Viren is eyeing at Bulbul in between. Bulbul on the other hand, is talking to Acp casually and seeing Vinam playing & dancing with other kids in a corner. Jay notice Viren's gaze on Bulbul and nudges his(Jay's) wife at her arm. Rosie too notice Viren adoring Bulbul and smiles.

"Officer! Stop adoring and just ask her already! Am sure she too feels for you!"

Roise assures.

Viren smiles a bit shy-ly while Jay places his hand on Viren's shoulder.

"Common Viren! Just go for it dude. Am sure she won't yell at you for this!" Jay jokes making Viren giggle.

Viren sighs deep and walks to Bulbul. He nods at Acp with a smile who too smiles back at him. Viren then looks at Bulbul.

"Bulbul! Umm....." He(Viren) giggles nervously and then again utters.

"Umm...okay!!! umm... Bulbul actually I want to say something." He says while Bulbul looks at him a bit puzzled.

"It's been a long time since I've met you and since then you always have been a mystery for me. Though now I know some pages of this mystery(Bulbul), I would like to know more." Saying so he reach for something in his pocket and takes out a small box.

He takes out a beautiful ring from that box and says, "I was saving this for a perfect day. And here i am!" He utters and kneels down on his one knee in front of her, forwarding the ring towards her while she is looking at him surprized and not sure how to react.

All eyes are now at them, keen to know what happens next. Vinam too notices it and moves a bit close and stand near Acp, looking at Viren confessing his(Viren) love to his(Vinam's) aunt.(Bulbul)

"Bulbul! I know I might act silly sometimes!.... Okay!! almost all the time but I assure you, am mature enough to take care of you and everyone that matters to you. Yes! Am being use to your scolds and trust me, we both know that secretly we love this. We love our banters ! We love our job. And we love Vinam." He pause and utters further.

"I know the love that you hold for Vinam, I can't do to same extent. Yet! Believe me! I love him! He is my family only. And most importantly, I love you from forever. I always did. And now I want to give our professional partnership & casual friendship, a higher name!" He pause.

"I'll walk with you hand in hand, in joys, in sorrows, in every phase of life. You won't have to face anything alone, all by yourself because now, you'll have me by your side throughout. Will you allow me to walk the roads of life, till the end!" He proposes her with all his love and emotions towards her.

She is looking at him with moist eyes, just processing what he just said.

"Please say yes! Please say bua(paternal aunt)! please say yes!" Vinam utters excitingly.

"Umm.... Could you just make a decision fast! My knee is hurting actually!" Viren utters joking again.

Bulbul giggles in tears and nodes positively, "Yes! Till the end!" She says as happy teas make way on her cheeks.

Viren stands up while Bulbul looks at him. "Viren you always have been my sole support. I never have felt lonely or helpless since you are there. I know, I have been harsh on you from the begining, but trust me, I do have always cared for our friendship! I can't thank you enough for everything that you did and do for me. I surely can't find anyone else, who could love me the way, like you do, even after how sometimes I behave with you." She chuckle at her own words and sniffles.

Viren too chuckles, along with the people surrounding them.

"Well that's true. And I can hear you yell at me till eternity. Infact the day when you don't argue, it feels incomplete." He says casually though joking.

"Oh common you guys! Just slip the ring in her(Bulbul) finger already!" An irked Vinam says as he is waiting for them to do the same.

Viren and Bulbul looks at him and chuckle at his antics. Others too giggle at lad's impatience. It is then Viren first rubs of Bulbul's tears with his fingers, nodding negatively, silently asking her to stop crying. The next moment he slips the ring in her finger.

Both then look at each other smiling while Bulbul, hugs him the next moment. Viren too hugs her back and plants a soft yet affectionate kiss on her head.

Everyone claps for them(Viren and Bulbul), congratulating them while Vinam rushes to them, hugging them in excitement.

"Yippeee!!!!!! Finally! My official fufu(Paternal aunt's husband)!" Vinam says and shares a high-five with Viren.

He(Vinam) hugs Bulbul again in excitement while Bulbul too hugs him back pecking softly on his head. They then part while Acp too congrats them.

"Congrats you two! Am so happy for you kids!" He says and bless the pair(Viren & Bulbul).

Jay and Rosie too congrats them.

"Congrats guys! We are so happy for you guys! Well now! Make it quick and let us know when are you getting engaged properly!" Jay aks.

Viren and Bulbul exchange happy glances.

"We'll talk to Panditji(priest) soon and get best dates for the engagement and marriage." Viren answers with a smile.

Everyone present in the party congratulates the new pair while they are replying them back, all in smiles. Vinam too is the happiest soul as he already wanted his aunt to marry Viren. Seems like he(Vinam) did acted like his dad, Vineet, who would have wished and done the same for his sister(Bulbul).

Bulbul too is happy as her family seems complete now. She is greatful to both God and Viren that Viren not only loves her(Bulbul) immensely but also genuinely cares for Vinam too. Life surely is now good for the girl who was once accused of a crime, she never did. And now with the loving people around her, she is ready for anything that comes her way.

**************The End************

A/N: Phew!!! Finally its over! The longest chapter 😅😅😅😅

Anamika_anu hope you like it bby😘 this one is new chapter in re-edition.
RuVineet I hope you liked the ending. ❤️❤️ Thanks for being such a constant support. 🤗🍾

Please vote and support this last chapter.
Thankyou!💐
God bless you all😇
Take care🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

455K 25K 71
*COVER CREDITS* @blackue02 #1 indian on 15/02/2020 #1 arrangedmarriage on 04/03/2021 #1 hotheaded on 20/07/2019 #1 mumbai on 17/10/2019 #1 court on 0...
252K 11K 76
*************************************** He is cruel but he has a heart!! She is kind but misunderstood!! He is like fire!! She is like rain!! He is c...
35.5K 3.3K 61
Neel, She called him. Noori, He named her. They decided to stick to names that didn't matter much to them or anyone else. She was running from a ho...
291K 13.1K 39
_COMPLETED_ #1 in HATE Series Cover credit :- @Khizra_creationz **Warning:- THIS BOOK IS IN HINDI AND ENGLISH AND TILL NOW I HAVEN'T EDITED IT, SO IF...