Sea Princess's Mate (Emmett C...

jumpingmanatee tarafından

Selene Clearwater is Sue Clearwater's oldest child and Harry Clearwater's adopted daughter, half-sister to Le... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 A Somber Home Coming
Chapter 2 Cherished Memory
Chapter 3 Joining the Pack
Chapter 4 Enough Is Enough
Chapter 5 First Patrol
Chapter 6 Imprinting Reaction
Chapter 7 Mission Complete
Chapter 8 Lunch Date
Chapter 9 La Push
Chapter 10 First Phase
Chapter 11 Confrontation
Chapter 12 Discussion
Chapter 13 Ultimatum
Chapter 14 It Finally Comes to A Head
Chapter 15 Banishment
Chapter 16 Crimes And Misdemeanors
Chapter 17 Visions
Chapter 18 The After Effect
Chapter 19 Reaction
Chapter 20 The Weight of One Life
Chapter 21 Unlikely Imprint
Chapter 22 An Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 23 Recovery and Revenge
Chapter 25 Private Time
Chapter 26 The Following Day
Chapter 27 First Hunt
Chapter 28 Punishment
Chapter 29 Revelations
Chapter 30 Announcement
Chapter 31 Surprise!
Chapter 32 Grandma
Chapter 33 Bad News & Good News
Chapter 34 A Day of Fun
Chapter 35 Sparring in the Woods.
Chapter 36 Here We Go Again
Chapter 37 Realization
Chapter 38 Training Session
Chapter 39 A Scheming Plan
Chapter 40 Surprising News... Not
Chapter 41 Sacrifice
Chapter 42 Sad News

Chapter 24 A Visit From Dad

13.2K 398 85
jumpingmanatee tarafından

“Who are you,” Edward asked.

Poseidon smirked, “Judging by the look on your face, Edward, it would seem you're having a difficult time reading my thoughts as well. Besides, I thought it was obvious when I called Selene, my daughter, who I am.”

Poseidon glances at the wolves, “Hello, Leah, hello, Seth. Why don't the two of you escort Paul inside and get him some clothes? I'm sure he's dying to talk to me,” Leah and Seth led Paul back into the house where Alice had some clothes set out form the wolves. Paul takes the set of clothes in his mouth and goes to change.

While he was changing, Paul started thinking of the man that was outside. He could swear he had heard the voice before. Paul's eyes widen, and Paul pales. He suddenly remembered where he had heard the voice before. It was the voice in his vision that told him that he would suffer his pain for all eternity. Paul's hands start shaking, not in anger, but fear. It began to dawn on Paul that the god responsible for his punishment was Selene's father.

‘It would explain why mine and Sam's punishment was so severe. We insulted a god's daughter,’ Paul thought.

When Paul was dressed, he timidly followed Leah and Seth outside. If a god was there in person, he was there to deal out punishment, and his Rose was in danger of hurting Selene. Leah walked down the steps and stopped a few feet away from the god, she bowed, showing the proper respect, “Greeting, Lord Poseidon,” Leah said

Seth's eyes widen, he had read about Poseidon, the god of the sea. Seth couldn't believe he was in the presence of a god. Seth quickly followed Leah's example and bowed, “My lord, Poseidon,” Seth squeaked.

Poseidon smiled at his daughter's half-siblings, “You may rise, there is no need to be so formal, Seth and Leah. You are my daughter's family.”

The same could not be said for Paul. He instantly bowed when he felt the god's eyes on him, “My lord Poseidon,” Paul nervously answered.

Poseidon gave Paul a curt nod, “You may rise and join your imprint, Paul Lahote,” Poseidon decreed.

“Thank you, my lord,” Paul quickly made his way over to Rosalie and took her hand in his. Rosalie looked at him with concern in her eyes when she felt his hand trembling.

Poseidon's glare shifted towards Rosalie. He gave her a shark-like grin, “How are you enjoying my gifts, Rosalie?”

“Gifts?”

“Yes, the scar on your face and torso. Now you have a scar that matches how ugly you are on the inside,” Poseidon said with a smirk.

“You did this,” Rosalie asked.

“Of course, and you will carry those scars for the rest of eternity.”

Rosalie was about to lunge for Poseidon when Paul caught her arm, “Don't, Rose, you'll only make things worse,” Paul whispered in her ear.

“Very good, Paul, you learn quickly. For if she had come near me, your precious Rose would have broken her word that she has sworn on the River Styx and would have been taken straight to the Underworld. Where Hades would have thrown her in the depths of Tartarus.”

Edward looked between Rosalie and Poseidon and scoffed, “You can't believe that this man is Poseidon, the god of the sea.”

“Ah, the stupid one speaks. You know I've had enough of you. You insult my daughter; you insult me. You manipulate people's lives at a whim; you endanger the lives of others for the safety of a human who isn't worth it.”

“Bella is worth it to me!”

“Then be a man and protect her yourself.”

“I can't do it alone.”

“Of course, you can't because you're weak and useless. And you're a spoiled brat that's used to having people do everything for you.”

“Who are you to tell me anything,” Edward yelled.

Poseidon suddenly teleported in front of Edward and slammed two fingers into Edward's chest. Caving in his chest and sending him flying across the yard and landing near the river. Poseidon snapped his fingers, and tendrils of water grabbed Edward by the arms and legs and one wrapped around his neck. Edward screamed as the water ropes started pulling at his limps, slowly breaking them away from his body.

Poseidon teleported in front of Edward again. He gave Edward an evil grin. “Shall I kill your coven and swallow this entire town in an earthquake, including your precious Bella, while you watch and relive it for eternity to prove to you who I am?”

Edward's eyes widen, “No, great lord Poseidon, I believe that you are who you say you are and that Selene is your daughter. I meant no disrespect.”

Poseidon laughed darkly, “Of course you meant to disrespect my daughter and me. You are an arrogant bastard who thinks he's superior because he can mind rape people. But I have grown tired of you,” Poseidon said as he walked back towards the house

Poseidon paused and turned around, “But just because you bore me doesn't mean I'm not going to punish you. You will relive everything that Bella went through when you abandoned her. And you will watch your beloved die by your hands over and over.”

Edward let out a horrified scream and went limp, the tendrils of water dropped him in the grass and receded into the water. Edward laid there in the mud with his eyes closed, going into seizures. Carlisle was about to rush to his side when Poseidon spoke.

“There is nothing you can do for your favorite son. Touch him, and I'll curse you as well, good doctor.”

“We can't leave him out here.”

“You can and you will, it is part of his punishment and yours.”

“Why mine, My lord?”

“For being indulgent and weak-willed when it comes to Edward.”

Carlisle had no other choice but to admit that it was true. He had always been too indulgent when it came towards Edward. Edward was Carlisle's first creation, and Carlisle had a special place in his heart for Edward. Perhaps he had gone about raising Edward wrong.

When Poseidon finally strutted his way up to where the others were standing, he went up to his daughter and smiled, “Hello, Little Starfish.”

“Hello, Daddy,” Selene said with a smile and hugged her father.

“What do you think of my punishments?”

“Very appropriate, Dad. I think it will teach them both humility.”

“Exactly,”

Poseidon sea-green eyes shifted to Emmett. Emmett instantly bowed, “Greetings, Lord Poseidon.”

Poseidon nodded, “You may rise, Emmett,” Poseidon said to Emmett but gave no indication that he could drop the formality.

Poseidon turned his attention back to his daughter and smiled, “How are you feeling, little Starfish?”

“I feel a little bit better, I think I need a little bit more rest,” Selene said and winced at hearing Edward's screams of agony, “Dad, can't you do something?”

“Of course,” Poseidon waved his hand, and the water rose from the river and entered Edward's lungs so that he could no longer make any noise. So, now every time Edward scream, he would only gurgle.

“Now, that that's settled, let's go inside.”

Poseidon went into the house followed by everyone else, “Is he going to kill us,” Jasper asked.

“I don't know; it's a possibility,” Selene said, “You never know with my dad. It depends on his mood. He was in a foul mood earlier; his mood seems to have lifted after he punished Edward.”

“I thought God was benevolent,” Esme said.

“The wrong Pantheon. Greek gods have always been known to be cruel when upset,” Selene said.

“You mean the other gods exist as well,” Alice asked as they slowly walked into the house.

“Of course,” Selene said as Emmett carried her into the house.

When they got inside, Poseidon turned around and looked at everyone, “Sit,” He commanded.

Immediately everyone sat down in chairs that were in the room, “I think my identity has been pretty well established, wouldn't you say? Or do I need to cause another earthquake?” Poseidon said, looking at Carlisle, “You may speak.”

“No, Lord Poseidon, I think we are all well aware of who you are.”

“Good, I'm not in the habit of repeating myself, it's annoying. Now the reason for my visit. It's quite simple I am checking on the well being of my only daughter. It was only a bonus that those that have offended me and hurt my child were here to be punished.” Poseidon said.

Poseidon made it a point to make eye contact with everyone in the room until his eyes stopped on Rosalie, “I should kill you painfully, if for no other reason than my amusement, but Selene doesn't want you dead, and I will respect her wishes. You own your life to my daughter. I hope you appreciate it.”

“I do, Lord Poseidon, I truly do, thank you,” Rosalie said, practically groveling.

“Do not thank me, thank my daughter,”

“It's isn't necessary, Dad, I didn't do it for her, I did it for Paul. I think he's been punished enough, Don't you.”

“No, but I'll let you decide that Little Starfish,” Poseidon said.

“Now, there is one more thing that I want to be made clear. The so-called rulers of your kind will know nothing of demigods. For centuries demigods have been kept a secret, and I will not allow a slip up from this coven to ruin it.”

“So I have made arrangements with Hecate, the goddess of magic, to block out any information about their existence from that idiot mind reader Aro. Yes, we know of his existence and his habit of collecting powers. But as you can tell from Selene, if he tries to turn demigods, he will only kill them. And that will upset several gods to the point that your kind may be wiped out. While I don't care about you, I will not have my daughter's imprint taken from her. And as for my daughter's siblings, Seth, you too will be given a necklace to block your thoughts from any mind reader like your sister.”

Poseidon holds out his hand, and a shark's tooth necklace appears. He hands it to Seth, who has Leah help him put it one. When he steps back, he asks for Hecate to come forth to perform her magic. Hecate appears and performs her mind blocking spell on all the Cullens. They don't notice a difference but assume that it has worked.

Hecate leaves but not before saying goodbye to Selene. After that, Poseidon makes to leave as well, “I think our business has concluded for today.”

Carlisle steps forward, “My Lord, what about Edward?”

“He will suffer as long as Sam and Paul suffered, twenty-four hours,” Poseidon informed Carlisle then walked out. Once outside, Poseidon transformed into an Eagle and flew away.

“Well, that was scary,” Alice said.

“Yes, it was.”

“You think so? My dad calmed down considerably before he got here. He was on the verge of creating a hurricane off the coast of First Beach.”

“Hurricanes don't happen here,” Jasper said.

“They will if Poseidon wants them to,” Emmett tells his brother.

“True enough.”

“Well, I think I'll heat the dinner I made earlier. Selene, are you hungry would you like something to eat,” Esme asked.

“Yes, please.”

“Alright, why doesn't Emmett put you to bed, and I'll have him take you something to eat in a little while.”

“Thank you, Esme.”

“No problem, Dear.”

Emmett takes his mate downstairs and puts her to bed. He tucks Selene in and makes sure that she comfortable before going upstairs to get her food. While that's going on, everyone else goes back to their daily life, but they all have Poseidon's warning in the back of their minds.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

925K 25.7K 30
「𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗢𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘」❝ We all made mistakes❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Serena, the eldest Black sister, had moved after she had broken it off with Paul Lahote. Bef...
675K 12K 31
{This Book is discontinued, but on my page is a new version of this book I'm writing you should check out if you want to. Thank you!} Madison Deane S...
10.2K 448 14
𝗥𝗮𝗺𝗲́ (in Balinese). "Something that is chaotic and beautiful at the same time." Love is beautiful but sometimes it's painful too. You never know...
83.5K 1.8K 38
"Be bitter. Stay angry. Blame everyone." - Axl Rose Sophia Swan is the older sister of Bella Swan...