FADED ▷ Sam Winchester [2]

By mwthatcher3

❝ And I'm faded away you know I used to be on fire And I'm standing in the ashes ... More

PREVIOUSLY
1 | WAY DOWN WE GO
2 | SHOUT AT THE DEVIL
3 | ANGEL IN DISTRESS
4 | ANGRY SPICE
5 | PHONE CALL
6 | REUNION
7 | REST IN PEACE
8 | DYING IN L.A.
9 | READY AIM FIRE
10 | TURNING PAGE
11 | DAMN DRAMA
12 | UNDER ARREST
13 | FOLSOM PRISON BLUES
14 | THE WINCHESTER WAY
15 | HELLO, BROTHER
16 | RIGHT VS WRONG
17 | LILY SUNDER
18 | SMELL THE ROSES
19 | IN MY HEAD
20 | SLOW FADE
21 | HOLD ON
22 | DANCE OF THE CLAIRVOYANTS
23 | TO DIE FOR
24 | FORCED CONVALESCENCE
25 | WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?
26 | LEVEL OF CONCERN
27 | TRUTH HURTS
28 | HURTS TO BE HUMAN
29 | LOOK WHAT I'VE BECOME
30 | TUESDAY'S GONE
31 | DOIN' TIME
32 | SIDE EFFECTS
BOOK 3 | HAUNTED

33 | TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

2K 63 43
By mwthatcher3

{THIRD PERSON}
"Hey, you ready?" Dean says, walking into Bailey's room. They know where Kelly and Cas are, so they are headed out to go to them.

Sam lifts his head. He is sitting in the chair, next to Bailey's bed, where she still lays unconscious. She's been out for the last day and half, since they left the Brits compound. He tried to call Cas to help, but he couldn't get a hold of him.

He's in North Cove, Washington. They've been getting signs of power outages, found a house being rented under Cas' vessel's name.

"Hey," Dean says again, getting his brother's attention.

"Yeah," Sam says, standing up. "I'm right behind you." Dean walks away from the door. Sam looks at Bailey once more. Her face is pale, she looks so fragile.

He leans down, brushing her hair away from her forehead, and kisses her there. She doesn't move, only the steady rise and fall of her chest.

Then, he grabs a piece of paper, writes the address down where he's going, and leaves it on the bedside table along with Bailey's gun.

"I love you," he whispers as he walks out of the room and goes after his brother.

•••

When I wake up, my eyes are still heavy. But happiness fills me as I realize I'm in my room in the Bunker. I sit up and stretch my arms out. Somebody must have bandaged my left arm.

I stand up, surprised and glad that I have enough strength to do so. The first thing I notice is a note on the bedside table.

'Went to Washington. Kelly and Cas are there. Please don't follow us. -Sam'

I huff in annoyance as I get out of my room make my way into the kitchen. I'm starving.

"Hello, darling," Crowley's voice says as I enter the room. He's sitting at the large table in the study, a knife is stabbed through his hand, probably went into the table.

My eyes widen. "I thought you were dead."

"It didn't pan out," he says.

"When did they leave?" I ask.

"About four hours ago," he says. "I'll tell you where they went if you give me a hand." He gestures to his hand with a knife stuck in it. I sigh and walk over to him, pulling it out.

"Why couldn't you have done that yourself?" I ask him.

"I was waiting for you to wake up," he says. "Took you long enough."

"How far did they go?" I ask.

"North Cove, Washington," Crowley answers

"Shit," I say. That's a far ass drive. By the time we get there, who knows what will have went down. "Do you know the address?"

"Yes," Crowley says.

I purse my lips together. "I got an idea. Do we have any holy oil here?"

•••

"Okay, are you ready?" I say, taking Crowley's hands.

"I had no idea you felt this way about me, I'm flattered," he teases. I roll my eyes.

"Shut it, this is all your fault," I say. "I told you, I'm pretty sure I can teleport there on my own, and you are pretty weak yourself right now. We need each other."

"Ooh, that touches me right where my bathing suit goes," he says, causing me to shiver in disgust.

"Ready? On three. One, two..."

The two of us use our powers at the same time, helping each other teleport to Washington. I close my eyes, feeling like my guts are ripping to shreds. When I open them, I'm sitting outside of a house somewhere i don't recognize. This must be where they are.

"Awesome," I say, happy it worked. "Now let's stay hiding, and wait for the right moment, Lucifer might already be here-" I turn to look at Crowley, who has already disappeared from my sight. "Figures," I scoff, not really surprised he ran away already.

I walk to the corner of this side of the house, hearing Lucifer's voice on the other side. "You never give up, even when you should," he is saying. I take the bottle out of my bag, preparing myself. "Even when it would be stupid not to."

"Look, whatever you're planning on doing, chuck... God will stop you," Sam says, surprising me. "Just like he did last time."

"You're right," Lucifer says, feigning fear. "What should I do? Oh, God, don't strike me dead! Come on, Sam, you sound like a virgin in Jesus camp."

I feel better now, so I try teleporting. I figure since it's only a few feet away I can do it. I keep a hold of the bottle, before disappearing and reappearing closer to Lucifer, a little ways behind him. I aim for his back and throw the bottle as hard as I can. His vessel goes up in flames. The boys look shocked to see me.

I throw my hands in the air. "Um... did you forget something?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. The boys look at each other then back at me. I walk towards them but then I freeze in my steps when I hear screaming from inside the house. It's a woman's.

"Oh, god, it's happening isn't it?" I ask. Kelly's giving birth to the Nephilim.

"Mom's up there with her," Sam tells me. "Why don't you go inside? When he gets back, he's going to be pissed."

"Exactly, which is why I should stay here, you need backup," I argue. Dean glares at me.

"Have you looked at yourself? You're weak, you need rest," he says. I squint my eyes and tilt my head to the side.

"I can take care of myself," I say, anger bubbling.

Sam steps closer to me and grabs my hand with his. "Please. I don't want you to get hurt again," he says, my anger dissolving. I squeeze his hand once before letting go and nodding.

"I'll go check on them," I say.

"Thank you," he says. I go inside and head up the stairs.

"Hi, Castiel," I smile softly at him as I walk by I see him in the kitchen. Sure he's made some dumb choices lately, but so have I. Who am I to judge? We're still friends.

"How are you?" He asks. I shrug, and Kelly's screams stop me from answering. Cas looks concerned. I stop him from going up the stairs.

"I'll check on her," I say. "Keep them safe, okay?" I point to the door, meaning the Winchesters. He nods, almost looking like he wants to argue, but he doesn't.

I go up the stairs and find the room immediately. I stop in the hallway when I see the back of Mary's blonde hair. I suck in a breath. Do I really want to go in there right now? The things that hurt right now, hurt because of her, indirectly.

No, I have to go inside. This is a bigger deal than my feelings. Besides, I can't blame Mary, not a hundred percent. It was the Brits' fault, and they got what they deserved.

"Hey," I say, knocking gently at the door. Mary turns her head to me; I can immediately see guilt in her eyes. Must be I really do look like crap.

"Bailey," she says, surprise in her tone.

"How's it going?" I ask, gesturing to Kelly. The very pregnant woman manages to give me a small smile. She looks exhausted, her forehead is slick with sweat.

"I'm dying," she says, still with a smile on her face. I purse my lips together, moving out of the doorway and over to the other side of the bed.

"Where are the boys?" Mary asks me quietly.

"Outside," I say, not really wanting to talk to her. She looks away, not saying anything more.

I notice the grip Kelly has on Mary's hand getting tighter. I take her other hand, wanting to help. She begins to groan, until they turn into screams. I can almost feel it, the pain, by touching her hand. Suddenly I remember what I did for Castiel before.

I focus, as hard as I can, until my veins on the hand holding Kelly's begin to glow bright blue. The ones on hers turn yellow, going all the way up her arm and turning her eyes yellow. Then it goes away, and she leans back, sighing.

"Thank you," she says, breathing hard. "How... how did you do that? Are you an angel too?"

"Not exactly," I admit.

I turn my head when I hear some noise from outside. "I'll go check," Mary says, letting go of Kelly's other hand and walking away.

"Thank you," Kelly whispers again, squeezing my hand again. "I can't believe I'm going to die like this. I can't believe I'm never going to see my son." I feel tears trying to come to my eyes but I keep them at bay.

"Everything's going to be okay," I say, stupidly. I don't know if everything is really going to be okay. Who the hell would?

"Bailey?" She says. I'm a little surprised she knows my name.

"Yeah?" I say.

Her breathing is still hard. "I know we don't know each other very well, but..." she stops groaning again in pain. "Castiel is going to raise my child." I sigh, licking my lips and looking away. Of course he is.

"I want you to help him," Kelly tells me.

I raise my eyebrows. "Uh, what?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"I don't know you, but you're different than the Winchesters," she says. "They were trying to kill me. And the baby. But you... you're like Castiel."

"Kelly... they were only trying to help."

"Bailey, please," she says, squeezing my hand. "I felt it... we felt it," she pauses, holding her stomach. "When you helped the pain. You can help keep him safe. I want my son to grow up with a mother."

I raise my eyebrows again. "You're his mother, Kelly," I say. "It could never be any other way."

"I want him to have two parents," she tells me. "Please."

I sigh. I don't get to answer her before she's taken over by those pains again. "You have to leave," she pants. I shake my head. She lets go of my hand. "Go!" She yells, before screaming again. Her face lights up yellow. I run out of the room, down the stairs to check on Sam and Dean.

I guess Kelly's baby opened up a portal to another reality, one where Sam and Dean were never born, it's total chaos. Apocalypse world. The boys and Crowley had a plan to shove Lucifer in there and close it. I have to check on them.

I get outside in time for Sam and Dean to come through the portal. Where's Cas? And Crowley? And Mary? Maybe she's still in the house.

Castiel suddenly comes through the portal. I sigh in relief. At least he's okay.

"Cas," Sam says in relief. But then, Lucifer comes back through the portal, and shoves an angel blade through Castiel's chest. All of the air leaves my lungs as I watch Castiel's vessel glow and then he falls to the ground, lifeless. Dean yelled something.

"That was fun," Lucifer says, smiling. All of us are standing there in shock. "Seriously, guys, points for trying. Super impressed, but uh, playtime's over."

"Get away from them," Mary is suddenly right behind us.

"Mary, right?" Lucifer asks. "Yeah, I've heard about you. You, uh, are certainly living up to the hype. Look, seriously, I just wanted to say thank you, for everything. I owe ya, kid."

Mary takes a step forward. "Mom, mom, mom," Sam puts a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. She looks at each of her boys.

"I love you," she says. Then she walks forward and punches him right in the face. I notice she's wearing brass knuckles, probably with engravings on them.

"Cute," Lucifer says. "Is that all you got, mama?"

She punches him again, again, and again. It seems to happen in slow motion. Lucifer falls backwards, but he's holding onto Mary's arm, pulling her with him. The two both go back through the portal, and it closes.

The next few minutes are fuzzy; I don't think I move again until the boys go back in the house. My eyes are focused on Castiel's dead body.

I step forward, until I reach him. I fall to my knees next to him, tears welling up in my eyes. He's dead, he's really dead.

"Cas?" I say, my throat scratchy. I put my hands on his face, sniffling. "Cas." I focus, trying to get my power to come to my hands, try to put life back into him, but I'm not strong enough.

I'm not strong enough.

I'm not.

I grab a fistful of his shirt and put my head against his chest, sobbing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.6K 22
(Takes place through the events of Season 11) My name is Nellwyn Spencer, and this is the story of how I became a part of the Winchester family. Of...
177K 4.9K 23
DEVIL IN ME| "human's make mistakes all the time, but the good ones don't run away from their problems, they deal with them". [SUPERNATURAL SEASON 1...
394K 9.6K 37
(SLOW BURN) - ❝I've done things. Things I can't forgive myself for. And I don't want to tell you guys, because I'm afraid you won't be able to forgiv...
62K 2.3K 103
"one night he wakes strange look on his face pauses, then says 'you're my best friend' and you knew what it was he is in love" - "you are in love" by...