Caught By Flames (Kyojuro Ren...

By FlameBaby_Kyokun

Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain w... More

1 : Prolouge
2 : Training (1)
3 : Training (2)
4 : Final Selection (1)
5 : Final Selection (2)
6 : Final Selection (3)
7 : Recovery
8 : We Meet Again (1)
9 : We Meet again (2)
10 : Out for the Day
11 : A Day in the Garden
12 : Demon Train?! (1)
13 : Demon Train?! (2)
14 : Please Live...
15 : Special Attention
16 : The Truth and Emotions
17 : Vulnerability
18 : Kinda Random Chapter lol
20 : Not Again...
21 : Sweet Confessions
omg y'all, update on manga series
22 : Lovey Dovey
23 : Beauty
24 : Smile
25 : Date Night
26 : Divided and Connected
27 : Happiness and Joy!!
28 : Swordsmith Village
29 : Upper Moon One
30 : Spotlight
31 : Lonely Sky
32 : Daydreams or Nightmares
33 : Train, Damn Pillars
34 : A Gruesome Night
35 : Kyojuro,- no wait- SURPRISE!!
36 : Bonding + Announcement
Side Story : Haunted
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (1)
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (2)
37 : The End of the Beginning (1)
38 : The Beginning of the End (2)
39 : Your Hell (1)
40 : Your Hell (2)
41 : Your Hell (3)
42 : Your Hell (4)
43 : Your Hell (5)
44 : Your Hell (6)
45 : Saved Or Not?
46 : Promises of War
47 : End of the War (1)
48 : End of the War (2)
49 : The Ending (1)
50 : The Ending (2)
51 : Her Dream of the Past
52 : Epilogue
Important Announcement I guess lol
Not an Update, Sorry lmao
Hello again, I'm back for the grave. Kinda
I wanna have an even number of parts so

19 : Another Random Chapter lmao

8.2K 302 503
By FlameBaby_Kyokun

Immediately, you slammed the door open and felt the color drain from your face. Aoi and Kyojuro were arguing. Arguing, full out yelling. What on earth has gotten into them, you though with fear slightly written in your expression.

'What's going on in there?' Sabito mouthed from around the corner. The slam of the door didn't seem to get their attention at all, so instead of answering Sabito, you shouted louder than either of the two arguing. "Oi! The hell is going on in here?! People are trying to rest you dumbasses!" Both of them snapped their heads towards you, dumbfounded as your cheeks suddenly went red from the attention of everyone in the room landing on you.

"(Y/N)-san!" The girls yelled and ran towards you eagerly. You smiled awkwardly as they began clawing at your clothing.

"Snowball, hey!" Kyojuro said from his bed with a big smile on his face. "Sorry about the noise, I'll be more respectful next time!" You put your hand on your hip and huffed.

"What were you even yelling about? Was it at least worth the noise?" You asked with a sweet smile. Aoi and Kyojuro glanced at each other  then back to you with a small shrug. You sighed in response and walked into the room with Sabito and Giyu following closely. They noticed the broken door and looked to the boys for answers. "Sorry about the door, I was worried something had happened. I'll fix it later, so..." you trailed off and picked one of the girls up and placed her on your side.

Later, Kyojuro, Giyu, and Sabito spoke to one another while you laid on your bed with closed eyes and your back facing the trio behind you. Aoi, on the other hand, had the girls go to bed and sat in front of you. You and she didn't speak, but unlike most other times, she could read you like a book. You inhaled and exhaled evenly and tried to fall asleep, but couldn't with the racket the boys were making. They were goofing off and talking about Akaza and their last few demon encounters.

After awhile, Aoi figured it was time for everyone to sleep and drug Giyu and Sabito out of the room by the ear. You hadn't even flinched when she stood up, selling the case that you were asleep already very effectively, but Kyojuro stood up and walked over to your bed with crossed arms. "I know you're awake, Snowball." He said confidently causing you to peak at him.

"I would be asleep if you had been a bit quieter." You reasoned as your eyes closed once more. You didn't sound rude or mad, but your words were ones of an irritated (Y/N). "But that's okay, because you're just a loud person." You smiled hoping to provoke him playfully.

"Hey-!" He heard the slight chuckle that left your lips and smiled, "Well, if I'm loud, what are you?"

You thought for a moment and grinned, "if you're loud, then I'm just me." You chuckled and sat up, tapping the bed for him to sit next to you.

He willingly flopped down on your bed, and pouted slightly, "That's biased, Snowball!" He declared war as he took your pillow and slammed it into the back of your head.

"Ow-" you immediately stood up and took his pillow and started whacking him with half your strength. The sound of the pillows hitting you, and the laughter you both let out made it obvious you were goofing off like normal and both of you seemed to bask in the noise. You giggled with each hit he got in and swacked him twice as hard.

Suddenly you tripped on something and fell backwards while Kyojuro tried to stop you, but ending up falling as well. You ended up on the floor with Kyojuro on top of you. Your face began heating up fast, turning a deep red as you seemed to stop breathing. He moved his hands to either side of her head and pulled himself up slightly noticing he was on top of you. He quickly shuffled off and ran his hands through his hair with an obviously red face, muttering an apology.

A soft smile creeped onto your expression, "That was bound to happen, there's no need for an apology. I mean, I'm tired, it's late, and we were goofing off! Shit happens." You chuckled and sat back down on your bed. "But we should probably go to sleep soon."

"Yeah! Goodnight, Snowball!" He shouted and laid on his bed facing the wall. You gave a confused nod and did the same, finally feeling tired. With a heavy sigh, you closed you eyes and went to sleep.

'(Y/N)! Dinner's done!'

'Coming father!' You looked around and noticed you had flowers in your hand. You were back at your house on the mountain. You ran towards the small home with rosy cheeks and a huge smile. 'Father! I picked you some pretty flowers! Do you like them?' You asked as you approached him happily.

He gave a sweet smile and began stroking your hair, 'they're beautiful, kiddo. But you want to know what's more beautiful?'

'What, father?'

He chuckled and touched your nose affectionately, 'You!' You squealed in glee with raised hands. Your laugh brought your mother and brother out as all three of them watched you happily.

You jolted up from your bed, "it was- it was a dream?" You asked out loud. It felt so real to you, was it a memory...? No, that wasn't it either. You shook it away and looked around noticing a plate of food on the table beside you, but also that Kyojuro was already out of bed and gone. It was then that you heard loud grunting coming from outside, and so you looked out the window and saw Kyojuro training once again. You sat back down and began scarfing the food down quickly so you could get out of bed for the day. It was one of Aoi's requirements from now on. You had to eat before you got out of the bed. It didn't bother you much though because you liked eating.

You left the room in a run and found Mitsuko unexpectedly. She was in the garden looking st the flowers while Kyojuro was in the opposite direction. Before you could escape, her gaze landed on you as a wide grin and waved her hand high into the air. You chuckled and headed in her direction.

Little did you know Kyojuro had seen you running off to meet with her and felt slightly jealous.

"Mitsuko!" You wrapped her into a tight hug and felt her tense under your unexpected touch. "I didn't expect you so soon!"

She let out a nervous laugh, "yeah, I was in the area when I got you letter... I was worried when you said you had become unwell, but I'm glad you seem to be doing better!" She said shyly.

"Oh? Oh! The fever! I almost forgot about that! If I'm being honest, I have been slowly getting used to the high temperature of my body, so it doesn't affect me as much as it did when I first contracted it." You explained and grabbed her wrist with a smirk. "I was actually start training again today! Why not be my partner for this session?"

Mitsuko's cheeks were dusted lightly in the color pink as she nodded and followed you slightly eager to train with a pillar. You stopped at the area Kyojuro was training, watching him immediately stop and approach you.

"Snowball! I wanted to apologize again for last night! I didn't mean to land on top of you like that! I was only trying to stop you from tripping!"

You gave his bowed head a pat, "it's fine. We were playing a game, it's bound to happen sometimes. Besides," you paused with a small chuckle, "I know you well enough to know what you meant to do."

Mitsuko glanced between the two of you nervously before realizing what had happened. She then saw the bright smile that littered Kyojuro's face. It was obvious to her, but it was also obvious you were oblivious.

"Well, what are you and her doing? Planning on training? Are you sure you're well enough? I can train with her if you want me-"

You interrupted him with a single finger to your pursed lips. "I invited her here. I wanted to spar with her for a bit while I try to recover my stamina and muscle flexibility."

He nodded, "If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!"

With that, you left the fiery man to fight your friend. She seemed to have more confidence than before, but still lacked what she needed to express her full potential. That's why you wanted to spar with her, to help her gain confidence.

"Why is his eye and ribs bandaged? Did he get into a fight?" Mitsuko questioned.

You shrugged in response, "He and I, along with a few juniors, went head to head against Upper Moon 3, Akaza. I was trapped in a dream while he fought Akaza. Tanjiro and his friends noticed the strength difference and stayed out of it. Kyojuro, he fought on their behalf thinking I was dead... when I woke up Akaza and he were fighting, and I managed to keep the majority of the fatal injuries to a minimum in a certain attack that could have caused irreversible damage. However, he still lost his eye and got several broken ribs." You explained to her with little effort. It was as of you had memorized the entire ordeal. She felt bad for you having to deal with sort of thing.

You stopped suddenly and grabbed out a wooden sword you had hidden before she had noticed you earlier. She barely had time to react when you brought it down to her head. She quickly unsheathed her own sword to protect herself. She looked surprised and saw your wide smile knowing what you were going to do next. She saw you lower your body to the ground, swiping your leg towards her to hopefully trip her, but she jumped away just as fast. Your mouth gaped open happily, "Wow! You really have improved!" You said with a giggle.

You ran towards her and swiped upwards with you wooden sword. She immediately noticed you had left yourself open as she jumped away and charged forward, surprising you. She kept her stance low, like a wild animal chasing it's prey. It was barely slow enough to react to as her sword grazed the skin on your stomach from your awkward stance. It was a tiny opening, but she used it to her advantage. 'Wonderful!' You thought happily. Kyojuro heard the forceful hits of wood and rushed over, but stood afar to not raise your suspicion. And had seen you react slower than ever and knew that was as fast as you could for now. He knew that simply because the fever had taken a toll on your physical strength.

When he saw your ripped clothing and the blood seeping onto the cloth, be wanted to run out and stop the fight but he knew you'd just refuse and continue fighting.

This time, you made the first move, swinging the wood several times, hitting Mitsuko in the ribs once. He watched the two of you exchange blows a few more times before Mitsuko stopped, "If we continue this, I want to use a wooden sword as well, (Y/N)-san!" She bowed, "But if we do not, I cannot continue this fight! Not until you recover!"

You only smiled, "I can agree to those terms. I've had a few close calls with that sword of yours! Who's your swordsmith? That's a fine sword you've got!" She pulled her hand to her chin shyly and began speaking about her swordsmith. He sounded crazy, but was really good with crafts. "Sounds like Tanjiro's swordsmith! Everytime he breaks one of his swords, he chases him with kitchen knives..." you shuddered and noticed Kyojuro walking towards you with a conflicted expression. "Is something wrong?" You asked once he was close enough.

"I'm okay! After dinner, though, would you walk with me through the garden? I would like to discuss something important with you."

A/N: MAY 10TH, IT'S KYOJURO'S BIRTHDAY!!! Well, for me it's still his birthday since it's only 10:55 PM lol. Hope you enjoyed, though!

P.S. what do you think he wants to talk about? Hehe~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 6.2K 30
Y/n's family were attacked by a demon on the same day she was given birth. Her brothers and sisters were all slaughtered by the demon along with her...
9.8K 214 13
Being the tsugoku of the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyojuro, made your name wide spoken among the corp. Not many people could withstand the hellish traini...
28.7K 648 33
Y/N, a lower level demon slayer is caught in a battle with a lower moon. My team struggled to keep pace and we lost the upper hand quickly. Just as a...
6.1K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...