Show Me

By astoldbylani

"You could tell me you love me a million times over, but them words don't hold no weight in my heart till you... More

faces|disclaimer
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XXI

123K 4.6K 3.7K
By astoldbylani

"I miss you, phat," Amere groaned as Yanni walked back to her car.

"I miss you too," she laughed. "I'll be over there tonight, don't be sad," she got in the impala, starting it up to drive to his house.

She usually spent her weekdays at home so she was closer to her office, and the weekends at his house. If he wanted to see her during the week he'd come to her new apartment and sleep there. Sometimes he could swindle her into spending whole weeks at his house

This was one of those times.

"Can you bring me some food phat phat? I'll pay for it," he yawned. "I'on feel like drivin' no where,"

"I'll see. I don't like that you're yawning, knowing you have to get your hair twisted tonight. I'm not letting you walk around with your hair not done no more, Amere. You need to wake up and wash it," she reminded him.

"You said you was gon' wash it, bae," he groaned. As his hair got longer, he got much lazier and hated washing it himself.

"Boy—when did I say that?" she chuckled, pulling out of her office parking lot.

"Last time, because if I remember right, you said I'on wash my shit right," he reminded her, making her smirk, knowing she said exactly that and now she was stuck. "You lookin real pretty, too. Who you was tryna look good fa?" he rasied his eyebrow, making her laugh.

"My work wife, Sincere. She loved it too," she informed him, making him laugh. "What do you wanna eat, sir?"

"You, honestly. But I'a settle fa' Wendy's," he smirked, watching her blush.

"You're nasty," she giggled. "You can have both,"

"Oh that's a fuckin' bet. Hurry yo ass back hea',"

"Stop! Sit still," Yanni giggled as he sat between her legs, kissing either of her thighs.

"Man, why? I can't kiss on you now?" he asked while she opened the product she used on his hair and slapped some on the back of her hand. "You come in here smellin' all good and expect me to just sit hea'?"

"Yes, Amere. Your hair needs to be done,"

"But I wanna eat—"

"Eat that Wendy's, and sit still," she giggled. "I'm already tired and I'm not finna be up all night with your tender headed ass. After, you can do whatever you'd like," she stressed. He loved making this process longer than necessary.

"Yes ma'am," he sighed heavily, getting on his phone, making her chuckle, shaking her head. "You had a good day?" he asked, leaning on her thigh.

"Yeah, I talked to Kam, we have a meeting tomorrow around 9:30, then I have a meeting at 11, with some people from Gatorade for some commercial for you, and two other athletes. Also, do you know your dates for camp? Are you going to camp this season?" she asked, immediately switching back into agent mode.

At first, Yanni was scared she wouldn't be able to do this. Because of her feelings for Amere and their relationship, she thought she wouldn't be able to work effectively and efficiently like she usually would, but like her brother told her, she needed to give herself way more credit.

"I'on know, they ain't told me yet, I know when it is, I jus' don't know if I'm going," he shrugged, eyes shutting momentarily while he ate his fries. She rolled her eyes and tried not to laugh, because every time she did his hair he fell asleep. It didn't matter when or where she was doing it.

"Bubba, don't go to sleep," she said.

"I'm not, Toot," he responded, sounding very sleepy. She didn't know what it was but as soon as her hands got in his hair, he was a goner. If they were cuddling and she ran her fingers through his hair, he was a goner. She found it very cute, but very inconvenient in situations like this.

"You want my fries?" he mumbled, holding them up, and that's how she knew he was about to be out like a light.

"No baby," she laughed. "You eat them so you can stay awake,"

He turned around fast when she let his hair go and her eyes widened. "What?! You smacked the shit outta me with all this hair boy,"

"You just called me baby," he grinned, making her blush. She hadn't even realized she said it, it just came naturally, like when she said bubba.

"I guess I did," she replied softly, picking something from his eyebrow, and continuing to rub on his face. She was turning into a softy just like him, but she didn't mind it at all. She could see small changes in herself in their four months of being together and she liked it. She liked him. Everything about him, even when she was aggravated with him, he always found a way to make her giggle and laugh. He was so sensitive to her feelings, and such a huge teddy bear, well at least in public.

Maybe that love thing wasn't too far fetched.

"So I'm yo' baby now, huh? Say it one more time fa' me," he smirked, making her blush and cover her face. "Don't be shy! Say it, one more time I won't bother you no more," he laughed, holding her arms down. "You said I'm yo' what?" he got closer to her face.

"My baby," she said quietly, making him cup his hand around his ear. "Baby! You are my baby," she laughed and he grabbed her face, kissing her lips repeatedly, making her laugh between them.

As he sat back down and she resumed his hair, with a small smile on her face, she didn't notice but he started recording her, and she didn't even look up until he spoke.

"She said I'm ha' baby, y'all can't fuck wit' me," he chuckled, making her shift her eyes upward, and see herself in his phone. "Say hi phat,"

"Amere!" she whined, covering her face again.

The next morning, Yanni made it out of bed without Amere trying to trap her in it, since he was asleep. She got dressed quickly and made her way downstairs, getting ready to head to one of her two meetings for the day. She was so ready for this vacation it was unreal.

Amere had become her client almost exactly one year ago and she'd been working nonstop since then. She needed a breather, or who knew when she'd just shut down completely. Her mom always told her she was a busybody and only now was she starting to see it.

"Bae, you finna go?" Amere appeared at the top of the steps, yawning and rubbing his eye. She didn't even know he was up.

"Mhm, I gotta get gas, so I wanna leave early," she nodded, putting on her driving crocs. If she drove in heels she'd probably kill herself and everyone else.

"You could take my car," he nodded at the keys on the wall.

"I don't wanna drive that big ass truck Amere," she laughed. "I might run somebody over."

"Then take the other one," he shrugged.

"What other on—no. No Amere, you can't let me drive that! You just got it!"

"I didn't just get it. I got it when my contract got renegotiated almost a year ago, Toot," he chuckled, going to get the key FOB to the Wraith off the rack and toss them to her. "Take it,"

Her mouth stayed ajar for a second and he just laughed. "Come on, Ima walk you out," he grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together and pulled her right out the front door, to the car. He took the key back and unlocked the door for her pulling it open. "Aight get in, come on," he chuckled. She looked in the car, back at him, and in the car again before getting in and sitting in the driver's seat.

She was absolutely amazed by the car in general. She never thought she'd see these stars in the ceiling in real life, and he was laughing at her reaction. He wish he could have taken a picture of her. 

Amere shut the door and she started the car, rolling the window down. "See? You look so good drivin it, mama. Be safe, have a good day, aight? Gimme kiss," he leaned in the window and she kissed him.

"Thank you, bubba," she smiled, still in disbelief that she was driving a Rolls Royce. "Have a good day, do some workouts or something," she giggled.

"I will," he laughed. "Bye, pretty,"

"Bye, baby," she waved and he grinned, hearing her call him that again. He stood in the driveway and watched as she drove off, not being able to stop smiling.

"She took my car," Amere spoke as Tez and Jo relaxed on his couch. They were wondering where E'ani was, since her car was still in the driveway. They had come over, for absolutely no reason, but of course Amere never minded. His doors were always open to them, and his Godson. He was formally asked about a weekend ago, and he of course accepted the honor.

"Yo' car still in the—nigga you mean the Wraith?!" Tez shot up in his seat. "Yeah, you in love wit' ha' ass," he laughed. "You in love love, I would barely trust myself to drive that damn car,"

"That's because you can't drive, bitch," Amere laughed. "Nah I trust my girl," he shrugged.

"That's yo' wife at this point nigga," Tez joked.

"Okay, dawg," he chuckled. "So y'all excited for this li' vacation?"

"Yes!" Joelle immediately answered. "I'm so tired of working and tired of the city, I just wanna be under somebody tree sleeping my ass off in the sun, so I can get nice and chocolatey," she sighed happily. "We're gonna have so much fun, me and Yanni leaving y'all in the dust,"

"The hell yall is, I'm handcuffing Yaya ass to me, y'all prolly wander off and get fuckin lost," he shook his head.

"You're a hater, Amere," she laughed.

"Ain't nobody hatin' on y'all li' asses," he shook his head. He found it so funny that E'ani and Joelle were almost the exact same girl, of course their were differences in their personality, but they were very similar in big ways.

As if she knew he was thinking about her, Amere's phone started ringing, and Yanni was facetiming him.

"Hol' on yall, Yaya calling. Hello?"

"Hi bubba," she sighed, making his eyebrows furrow up. He stood up and moved to the kitchen leaning on the counter before he spoke just in case.

"Hey phat, what's the matter?"

"I'm just sad. I wanted to talk to you so I could be—not as sad," she smiled slightly. "How's your day been?" she asked, sipping from a bottle of water.

"My day been aight, love," he nodded. "You'n wanna talk about it? Why you sad I mean," he asked and she shook her head. "You sure?"

"Yeah, maybe later," she nodded. He knew better than to push any further, or she wouldn't talk at all, and he didn't want that. "Whatchu been doing? This meeting got pushed back so me and Sincere went and had lunch," she informed him.

"Jo and Tez popped up outta fuckin' nowhere, so we jus' in hea', prolly bout to get on the game," he said, still slightly concerned. He was gonna wonder what had her upset all day, or until she came home from work.

"Aw, tell baby Saint I said hi Titi's baby," she smiled softly again.

"I'm tellin' you, that boy gon call you Teedy. We from down south, love," he chuckled. "Teedy Yaya, that's yo' name,"

"Then what's yours? Since yall so special down south," she giggled.

"My Godson finna call me Parrain, that's how we call em in Louisiana," he informed her. "If you was his Godmama, he'a call you Nanny,"

"Y'all so cute down there," she pouted. "Well, I gotta go bubba, me and Sincere finna go to this meeting. I'm coming straight home after," she said.

"Aight love," he nodded. "Ima see you soon, smile fa' me," he smirked, making her smile slightly and blush.

"Bye, Saint," she giggled.

Once Yanni pulled in to the house, she sighed, leaning her head on the steering wheel. She was genuinely having a good day, until she got out of her meeting with Kam. She didn't really wanna discuss it but she was trying to be be with expression. All she wanted was attention from her man, which always made her feel good.

"Hey sista!" Tez called as soon as she walked through the door.

"Hi Tez Tez," she waved with a smile. "Hi Jo,"

"Hey pooh," Joelle waved, one hand resting on her stomach, looking exhausted. She was tired very often now, and Cortez was always harassing her when she was sleepy, making them fuss and fight constantly, which was hilarious to Saint and Yaya.

"Hey my baby," she heard from the steps, making her smile. "Come hea', gimme kiss " he grinned at her, and she couldn't help but smile back no matter how shitty her day was. She walked over to him and was immediately enveloped in a tight hug and kiss. "I missed you," he mumbled against her lips.

"I missed you too," she said quietly.

"Look at em, Jo. They make me sick," Cortez smirked, making Joelle laugh loudly. "Take y'all ass upstairs,"

"Don't tell us what ta' do, bitch," Amere laughed, pulling E'ani's arm so she'd follow him upstairs to his room so they could talk, and she could get out of her work clothes. "Gon head take them clothes off mama, talk to me," he said, sitting on his bed.

"Well," she sighed heavily, taking out her makeup wipes. "My daddy's getting a divorce," she began, making Amere's eyes

"He what?" he sat up straighter. After she said that, he could almost guess what was wrong with her. "Baby...you know that's not on you," he spoke.

"B-but everything was fine not too long ago. As crazy as she may be sometimes, As crazy as she may be sometimes, the only reason I ever respected her is because she made my daddy happy. She might be a bitch but after my mom and dad got divorced, he was so sad. And for whatever reason, she made him smile and—and when he called me he was so upset, Amere. He knew where everything was headed but they'd been together for so long...he's just upset and I hate it. I hate it so much.

I cant help but feel some sense of responsibility, you know? She just—she's so manipulative of him. She has her hands all in him! And now that she can't control it or control him she's just gonna leave him?! Amere—he's heartbroken," she wiped at her eye, as a tear escaped the other.

Her dad was a very pure hearted person. She was reminded of Amere when she talked to her father. He fell in love with his current wife so fast, just like he did with Vanita, but Vivica was nothing like Vanita, and he was so blinded, he let it go on for years and unlike Amere, who felt the repercussions of his bad relationships almost immediately, her dad was just now feeling it, almost ten years later.

"Baby," he sighed. He hated that she even felt a little bit responsible for anything that happened in a marriage that wasn't hers, nor her responsibility.

"No matter what that lady say, that divorce not nobody fault but hers. Like you said, she real manipulative, and she wanna make yo dad her lil toy and shit. He gettin' older or he realizin' some shit and he not for that shit no more. But just because you helped him realize it, don't mean you the reason his marriage ain't workin'. That's their relationship, their marriage to maintain, not yours, mama," he said, watching her slip into some leggings and a tank top.

"I—I just wish I could help him feel better, he doesn't deserve to be hurting. He's such a good man," she sniffed. He waved her over, and she walked over to him and he took her into his arms and kissed her forehead. "I love him, he's not supposed to be going through this," she sniffed.

"He doesn't deserve it, baby. He don't, but you doin' the best you can by bein' there for him while he go through it. He gon need you and Zeke, and y'all doin' him the best favor," he rubbed her back. "He gon' be aight. It's gon take some time but he gon be aight as long as he got y'all," he smiled at her.

"I hope so," she sighed, laying on his chest. She knew after his first divorce he went through a lot, so she was scared about this one too.

"Just be patient wit' him, like you was patient wit' me," said, rubbing her face. "You wanna stay up hea' wit' me? I know you not feelin like company prolly," he continued.

"Yes please," she mumbled.

"Aight, lemme go tell Tez get the hell out, I'a be back phat, gon head and lay down," he kissed her one more time before letting her up. She did as he said and got comfortable under the covers after taking her leggings off.

He reappeared a few minutes later, laughing. "This nigga goin in the damn guest room because his ass don't feel like drivin'" he said, getting back in the bed with her. "He so damn lazy,"

"That's your brother," she giggled, leaning into him. She always felt her frustration lift when she was in arms. "Thank you, bubba,"

"Anything fa' you, phat phat," he pressed multiple kisses to her lips and squeezed her around her waist with both of his arms, bringing her on top of him, making her giggle.

The love thing was sneaking up on her. Faster than she'd like to admit.

hi :)

this was just a little filly before their vacation, which is gonna be fun 🥰

how do we feel about yanni's feeling sad about her dad's divorce?

and amere's response?

i added that part about the car bc i think its so cute 😂 she forgot he was rich.

anyway, leave me some thoughts, of course :)

till next time 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 8.1K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.
1.5K 60 15
I can't lose when I'm with you How can I snooze and miss the moment You just too important 🥷🏻💕
77.3K 2.9K 13
AU... I can't leave. Not until I find it. It can't be lost. It can't.. ------------ PS: THANK YOU @Izyshipcamren for the cover for this story...