Resisting Temptation (A Kyoya...

By Sindersalight

Seina Kamei is the first female heir to the Kamei Technological Group. She is strong and smart and beautiful... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 13

527 23 1
By Sindersalight

(Seina's POV)
I skipped the culture festival as I did every year. It was not compulsory and therefore a waste of time when I had to work and studies to be attending to. When I found out that Lobelia Academy were one of the schools attending I decided not to show up at all. They had been one of many prominent schools that my Uncle and parents had considered sending me to and the school had been a little too keen to have me attend.
The Zuka Club in particular was a scary experience ranging from blatant feminazism to outright sexual harassment. I did not want to see Benibara again. Apparently the host club had had the pleasure of meeting them in my absence and I was more than glad to have skipped the reunion. However, from Hikaru and Kaoru's text messages, they had all dressed in drag in order to try and keep Haruhi at Ouran, a sight I was truly sorry to have missed.
Luckily, the twins were willing to help me out.
I walked into the host club as innocently as I could before joining the twins in a corner of the room. Hikaru reached into his jacket and handed me some photos while Kaoru handed me some others. One look at Hikaru's photos had me laughing hysterically. Not only had he obviously tried to take them incognito but Kyoya-senpai was dressed in drag along with the others. Naturally Mori-senpai had remained in men's clothing. Honestly though, the makeup and the dresses and his face.
Unfortunately the three of us laughing and sniggering in the corner attracted the attention of the other hosts.
'What are you all laughing at? What have you got there?'
I innocently slipped Hikaru's photos behind my back and handed over Kaoru's for examination. The second set were from our trips to the Tropical Aqua Garden and the beach, some of which were quite humorous. There was a fantastic one of Tamaki-senpai fleeing a hungry alligator and one of me and the twins in the pool. My favourite was a group shot of all of us at the beach, all smiling and happy. Everyone passed the photos around and laughed at Tamaki-senpai's outrage.
Eventually they went back to what they'd been doing. I relaxed and turned back to the twins who looked unduly terrified. Before I could ask what the matter was, the photos were tugged from the hand behind my back.
I turned slowly to see Kyoya-senpai with a wide, false smile fixed on his face. 'Seina-san? Where did you get these?'
I turned to the twins for help but they had run away. Cowards. I shrugged nonchalantly and swiped the photos back, dancing away with them.
'A camera SD card.'
'Seina-san I would appreciate you handing over those photos.'
'No.'
'Please Seina-san.'
'You have photos of me Kyoya-senpai why can't I have some of you? You look so lovely!' I started laughing again. He sighed and pushed his glasses up his nose.
'Fine, but you are not going to post them online or distribute them to customers.' I looked at him suspiciously.
'How very reasonable of you.'
'Yes well, I do have some new photos of my own.'
'What.'
He smirked at me and withdrew two photos from his notebook. In one I was lying on the beach in my bikini, reading a book. In the other I was simply standing looking out to sea, a distant look on my face, the sea breeze blowing my hair out behind me. I narrowed my eyes at him.
'When did you even take these?' He put them away again.
'Does it matter? I was photographing everyone for the newest issue of our photo books. You just happened to catch my eye.' I flushed pink and looked away.
'I'm wearing a bikini. I couldn't be wearing less clothes! You're dressed in my photos!'
'As a woman!'
'So?' A smirk crept on to his face.
'Seina-san are you requesting indecent photos of me?' My face heated up and I was sure I was an awful red colour.
'There is nothing I could want less.' I replied sharply.
'So you prefer my body in person?'
'I didn't say that!'
'Liar.'
'Sadist.'
'Seina-san.'
'Heartless reptile.'
'Seina.'
The rest of the club was watching our bickering with vague curiosity, though it was hardly a novelty.
'You cannot call me that.' I hissed. 'They'll notice.'
'And?'
'I'm to be engaged!'
'I know that...I...'
'Then stop it!'

When Sunday finally rolled around I was ready for a well deserved day off. I had a leisurely breakfast and planned to spend the morning with Tatsuo, looking through his latest series of photos and souvenirs. He didn't have as much as usual, as this time his adventures had mainly been music festivals. He had some ridiculous photos of him covered in glow in the dark paint and all sorts of people he met along the way.
We sat on the floor in the living room and were soon joined by Ayumi and Sora who were young enough to appreciate all the random tack he'd brought back, strings of coloured beads and wooden animals, tiny musical instruments and various light up toys.
About mid morning, the doorbell rang and a maid rushed to get the door. I looked up.
'Are we expecting guests?' Tatsuo shook his head.
'Not as far as I'm aware. I'll go see who it is.' He came back a couple of minutes later, a bemused look on his face.
'Seina, there is a boy here to see you.' I continued with what I was doing.
'Is it Kaoru or Hikaru?'
'Neither.' I frowned. Had I left something at the dojo?
'Mori-senpai or Honey-senpai?'
'No. Do you know a Kyoya Ootori?' I narrowed my eyes.
'Yes. What does he want?'
'I don't know. You'll have to ask him that yourself.'
Kyoya-senpai then appeared in the doorway to the living room.
'Tamaki rang me this morning in hysterics about Haruhi being in poverty. So we're going to visit her.'
'How exactly does that involve me? I'm not in your club. I also don't see the fun in spending the day bothering Haruhi. It's rude to turn up uninvited.'
'We have her best interests at heart.'
'You don't have anyone's best interests at heart.'
Tatsuo interrupted our bickering. 'Are you two friends?'
I glanced at the older boy uncertainly. 'Sometimes? In between the times when I hate him.' 
My brother raised an eyebrow at me. 'Why don't you get out of here? You don't go out enough. Besides bothering friends is what friends are for.' I looked at him a little hurt.
'But Oni-san, we had plans.'
'I know. And there's nothing to stop us continuing to go through my junk later and in the meantime I'll have these two monsters to keep my hands full.'
I glanced to his right where Ayumi was busy delicately placing stickers on Sora's face.
'You're sure?'
'Yes. Now shoo.'
My mother then appeared in the room. 'Sure about what?'
'Seina is going out with some friends.' I sighed. Now I really wasn't going to get a say.
'Oh, Seina that's wonderful. I'm so glad that you've been getting about recently. What lovely friends you have, going to such lengths to include you! Who are you-'
'Mum, please.'
She laughed. 'Ok, ok.' Then she spotted Kyoya-senpai in the doorway. 'Ootori-kun? I'm so sorry I didn't see you there. What are you doing here?'
'I'm here to collect Seina-san.' I looked at my mother quizzically, she knew he was part of the host club.
'Oh, of course. Wonderful.'
I frowned at her and kissed her cheek. 'I'll see you later.'

We walked out the door and to the waiting car.
'Do you and my mother know each other from somewhere in particular?'
He froze for a second and seemed to be carefully considering his words. 'I believe that we have met at various functions and such over the years. It might surprise you but not everyone avoids me as fastidiously as you do.' I was about to push the issue when the twins poked their heads out of the car window.
'That's not a real word.'
I raised my eyebrows at them and sighed heavily. 'Fastidious. To be very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail.' Kyoya-senpai nodded, clearly pleased to not have to bother explaining himself.
'It's creepy how you can do that.' Hikaru complained and I stuck my tongue out in response.
'Maybe she just makes them up knowing we're none the wiser.' Kaoru suggested. 'I mean how would we know?'
Tamaki-senpai was in the back of the car, looking distressed. This only got worse when I requested a brief detour to a chocolatier. However, Kyoya-senpai allowed it and I nipped in. If I was going to invade someone's home I was going to do it with gifts. After all that strategy always worked for Santa Claus.

When we pulled up outside Haruhi's apartment complex we were quickly surrounded by commoners, wanting an explanation for the expensive foreign cars and their occupants in the neighbourhood. I looked around calmly. Everything looked more or less the same as other commoner dwellings I'd visited. When I was younger I had often been sent to worker's homes to dispense bonus cheques or get well soon hampers, in serious circumstances. Therefore, I was not surprised by Haruhi's home. Plus I'd been there before.
Everyone else was unduly surprised and confused by the situation. The twins mistook the entire building for Haruhi's home and Kyoya-senpai had to explain the concept of apartments. Unfortunately this set Tamaki-senpai into a blaze of dramatics.
'Kyoya! Why is everyone here!? Especially those doppelgangers!'
'I figured you would be too much of a coward to go in alone so I figured it was best to come en masse. I apologise, I'll send them away.' He began to push the protesting twins back to the car but Tamaki-senpai quickly changed his mind and yanked them back.
'I'm sorry. Forgive me. I don't want to be alone.' He then turned to all of us, king of the host club once again. 'Listen up men...and Seina-san. This is just a 'We happened to be passing by' nonchalant sort of visit and is definitely not research on the living standards of the Fujioka family. The words 'shabby', 'cramped' and 'run down' are absolutely forbidden!'
'Yes sir!' They shouted complete with mock salutes.
'Under no circumstances are you to do anything that would make Haruhi or her father want us to leave.'
Haruhi appeared behind him, a tiny ball of fury. 'Too late! Go away right now!' They attempted to pacify her by complimenting her outfit but that seemed to make her more angry. 'Shut the hell up! Leave now!'
Haruhi's concerned landlady intervened and offered to call the police but Tamaki-senpai won her over quickly and she wound up offering to bring snacks round.

Eventually Haruhi relented and agreed to let us in, especially when Honey-senpai revealed the patisserie box he had brought with him. I smiled apologetically the entire time, hoping she knew I'd just been dragged along for the ride.
Honey-senpai got all excited about having to take his shoes off as it reminded him of the dojo, making me and Mori-senpai exchange a small smile. He was very sweet.
Haruhi, looked less than pleased to have company as everyone tramped through her kitchen. I exchanged a look with Kyoya-senpai as the others crammed into the living room and sat 'gym style' on the floor. As if their weird behaviour wasn't going to wind her up. She offered to make tea prompting Hikaru to produce a special African blend that their Dad has brought back. As Tamaki-senpai grabbed the two for suggesting milk, I went to help Haruhi make the tea.
She smiled appreciatively at me as I set out enough cups for everyone.
'Thank you Seina, but you don't have to.'
'It's ok. We barged into your home it's the least I can do. I brought some chocolates for you and your Dad as well. I know you're not big into sweet things so yours are dark.' She smiled.
'You're a good friend Seina.' I shrugged unconvinced.
'Maybe. I'm sorry for the way I acted in Okinawa by the way. I wasn't a good friend to you then.'
'No, Seina that was all on me. I mean it only happened in the first place because I worried everyone but I also should have realised why you were upset sooner. You like Kyoya-senpai don't you?' Suddenly her tea cups were immeasurably fascinating.
'I don't know what you mean.' I said, avoiding her gaze.
'Ok, so why do you think you were upset?'
I thought about it for a minute and looked over at Kyoya-senpai who had once again positioned himself against a wall. He was so effortlessly relaxed, completely unaware that such a small thing would effect me. I wanted to go stand with him and rest my head on his shoulder but such impulses had to be controlled not indulged. I met her gaze.
'I was upset on behalf of Tamaki-senpai. I knew he wouldn't like the two of you together. I was simply being considerate.' She sighed and dropped the subject as we carried the tea through to the living room.
Honey-senpai opened up his box.
'Which cake would you like Haru-chan?'
She picked out a strawberry one and Mori-senpai took the same one. He then began giving her his strawberries, causing her to give him an adorable smile. 'Thank you.'
I picked out a slice of chocolate cake, my favourite. I could hear Tamaki-senpai and the twins fretting in the background about saying the wrong thing to her and upsetting her. They were hopeless. Having realised that their attitude was getting them nowhere they instead requested lunch.
To his credit Kyoya-senpai immediately stood up and volunteered to pay for lunch since we were the ones intruding. I smiled at him, warmth spreading across my chest. Perhaps that was a sign of the low standards I held him to but I was pleased.
'Order your favourite sushi or something.' He pulled a card out of his wallet but she shook her head.
'No. I know I will regret it if I accept anything from you Kyoya-senpai.'
'Don't worry. The money comes from the photos of you we auctioned off.' I sighed and she looked pained.
'So this is actually on me then?' I gave him a disapproving look. But she brightened up quickly. 'Ok, I have a friend who owns a sushi shop. I'll give them a call, they should have some high quality stuff.'
Tamaki-senpai then managed to offend Haruhi by implying she was gullible and blindly believes packaging.
Honey-senpai looked up at her adoringly. 'I want something cooked by you Haru-chan!' That proved a popular suggestion.
'Ok but it'll take some time.' 'We'll wait!'
'I'll have to go to the supermarket again.' It was quickly established that everyone wanted to go for various reasons and the twins ran out the door cheering, followed closely by Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai. I glanced back to see Tamaki-senpai on his knees at the family shrine and decided to leave the two alone, heading outside.
The others were still excitedly running about, except for Kyoya-senpai who was leaning against the railing of the walkway. My eyes lingered on him for a second too long and he raised a questioning eyebrow.
'What are you staring at?' I blushed and blurted out the first thing that came to mind.
'Uh, your shirt! I like your shirt!'
I wasn't lying, I did like the shirt. On him. The shirt was cut like a vest top and as a result I could see every muscle in his arms, not that he was built like Mori-senpai but still. He looked good, very good and it was driving me insane. For some inexplicable reason I wanted him to hold me in his arms. I wanted to bury my face in his chest and breathe in his scent.
I turned away from him, flustered and suddenly concerned he could read my mind. He put his hand on my arm and attempted to spin me back around but I stood rooted to the spot, barely breathing as tiny electrical impulses danced through me where his hand was.
I slowly turned to face him. I knew what the logical explanation was for the whirlwind of emotions but somehow insanity seemed far more plausible.
'Seina-san? Is that you? Welcome back to our home!' I turned to face Haruhi's father, a smile plastered on my face as I attempted to conceal my flushed cheeks.
'Ranka-san! You look lovely! How are you?'
'Aww. You are so sweet. I am doing great.'
I held out the box of chocolates I'd bought him. 'A gesture of appreciation for your hospitality.'
'Aww! Seina-san! You are too much! My favourites as well.' She then noticed my flushed cheeks and the handsome boy stood beside me. 'Ah, I see I'm interrupting something so you two continue and I'll head on inside.'
This only made me blush harder as I turned back to Kyoya-senpai. He smirked at me.
'Well I'm glad we have something.' I scowled at him and ran a hand through my hair.
'Not funny.'

Eventually the twins got impatient and came back up to the apartment. 'What's taking so long? We want to got to the commoner supermarket!'
'Ranka-san just got back.'
'Who?'
'Haruhi's Dad.'
They exchanged a mischievous look and charged through the door, hands outstretched to introduce themselves to Ranka-san, unsympathetically trampling Tamaki-senpai in the process. They then started on insults, claiming he fooled around with lots of girls. This spurred him into action as he bowed over his knees.
'That is not true. I sincerely think of your daughter as if she were my own!'
We watched the confusion from the safety of the doorway till Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai came back up to the apartment, then we too went back inside.

We ended up having yet another cup of tea with Ranka-san, while she sampled the chocolates I bought for her.
'You're the host club I've been hearing about. So many fine young men! I don't know which one I would choose! You can all call me Ranka-san.' Honey-senpai perked up.
'Is that like a stage name?'
'Yes Mitsukuni-kun.'
'Huh? How did you know my name?' Ranka-san then, showing off, gave the name and class of each host. Kyoya pressed his hands against Ranka-san's.
'You are beautiful Ranka-san.' He then turned to the rest of us. 'We are looking after his little girl, it's only natural that I should let him know how she's doing.'
Haruhi leaped up. 'Dad you never told me you were in contact with Kyoya-senpai!'
'Haruhi! You never tell me how you're doing in school!'
'That doesn't give you the right to-. Senpai! Stop growing mushrooms in other people's cupboards!'
'Haruhi you're even cute when you're mad!' Her father shouted, throwing her arms around her. Me and the twins exchanged an amazed look.
'Seem familiar to anyone?'
'So that's why Haruhi is so good at handling his highness.' Haruhi then announced she was shopping alone and left. Conversation then obviously turned to Haruhi and Ranka-san thanked us wholeheartedly for our role in Haruhi's life. It also became apparent that Haruhi tells her Dad about us which was endearing to learn.

It wasn't long after that that Ranka-san was leading us after Haruhi, incognito. Though apparently she just wanted to be seen with lots of handsome young men. I found myself walking alongside Kyoya-senpai once again.
'You're not in contact with my parents in the same way are you?' I queried, considering my mother's unorthodox behaviour that morning.
'Not at all. Your Uncle's surveillance makes my reports redundant.' I narrowed my eyes at him, not remotely reassured but Ranka-san began gushing at me.
'Seina-san I'm honestly not sure how you chose surrounded by so many fine young men but I think you made a fine choice. You and Kyoya-kun make a lovely couple! Can you imagine your babies?' I turned a fierce shade of red.
'Ah actually Ranka-san we're not a couple.'
'Really?' She pressed a finger to her face thoughtfully. 'I suppose that does explain all the unresolved sexual tension.'
'The what!?'
The twins sniggered at me and I made an obscene gesture in response. They'd better watch out. I glanced at Kyoya-senpai to see he was looking at me and quickly turned away.

Eventually we reached the supermarket and everyone split up to explore, secrecy seemingly forgotten. I stayed close to Kyoya-senpai as I was curious as to what he had to gain from this sort of place. He started taking notes in his ever present black book and never stopped scribbling for the entire time we were there. As he was paying me no attention and I was becoming bored I decided to entertain myself.
I found a stationary isle and bought a small notebook and pen.
I then returned to following Kyoya-senpai around, mockingly pausing and writing something down as he did. Then I rounded a corner and found I could no longer see him. I looked around in confusion only to have the notebook swiped from my hands. I looked up into the face of Kyoya Ootori who looked hugely unimpressed by my antics and opened the notebook. All the while I tried desperately to look innocent and not laugh at his facial expressions as he read the contents.

Dear Diary,
I Kyoya Ootori have BIG plans today. Having already been relentlessly shady, committed both a kid napping and a home invasion I am now admiring my features in shop windows. Very nice. As I am a big boy incapable of gaining my Daddy's love and respect I have selected a surrogate family.  I am well suited to the role as the word 'creep' was coined especially for me. Once I am done with this latest emotional journey I am going to practice smiling at myself. Finally I will practice my self control by paying inadequate amounts of attention to the most wonderful girl I have ever met. I mean beautiful, smart and funny don't even begin to cover it! Obviously I am unworthy. However...

He raised an eyebrow at me. 'Where do you get all of your self confidence from?'
I smirked at him. 'It's god given, refreshed every morning by a glance in the mirror.'
He scoffed then started to laugh at me. 'You are such a piece of work.'
I gave an exaggerated bow. 'I know I'm a masterpiece. Truly a priceless work of art.' He shook his head still chuckling as I grinned widely at him.
'You know when you're not trying so hard to be good you can be quite entertaining.' I looked at him thoughtfully.
'Wow Kyoya-senpai. Laughter and compliments all in one conversation. If I didn't know any better I might think you were sickening for something.'
I reached up and pressed the back of my hand against his forehead. 'Hmm, icy and cold.' I then pressed my fingers against his neck. 'No pulse, still heartless. Very good.'
He responded by running his fingers through my hair. 'Would you like to finish? I'm very curious as to what you were going to say next.' I blushed, suddenly feeling shy under his intense gaze.
'Seina! We're leaving! Where are you?' I turned to see the twins heading our way and moved away from Kyoya-senpai. I didn't need anymore grief from them.

Back at Haruhi's apartment she cooked a stewpot at the special request of Tamaki-senpai. Even if her dad didn't like him, force feeding the boy piles of chrysanthemums, she clearly had a soft spot for him. Even if she herself hadn't noticed yet. Haruhi was a good cook and I enjoyed the meal but for the most part it was an enjoyable evening because all my friends were together.
When it was time to leave Kyoya had his driver return us all home, leaving me till last. I sat across from him and tried not to stare and tried even harder still not to think about nearly kissing him in Okinawa.
This was the first time we had been properly alone since. However, his eyes on me and his scent filling my nose made it difficult not to. When the car finally pulled up outside my house, I jumped out the moment the door opened. He climbed out after me and placing a guiding hand on the small of my back, walked me to the door.
'Next time we're out together I'll try not to neglect you so badly.' I looked up at him, a small smile on my lips.
'Next time?'
'Yes. Next time.'
He turned as if to walk away but I grabbed the back of his shirt and laughed nervously, looking around at the gathering darkness.
'Can you please stay until someone answers the door?' His penetrating gaze seemed to see right through me but he remained where he was, my hand clenched around the fabric of his shirt.
I rang the doorbell and a maid quickly answered. 'Welcome back Seina-sama!' I smiled gratefully and stepped inside, pausing only to give my escort a casual wave.
'Goodnight Kyoya-senpai.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 288 25
𝐁𝐄 𝐌𝐘 πŽππ‹π˜ π‹πŽπ•π„ ... 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 .. you imagine the pjo cast as ur π™Šπ™‰π™‡π™” π™‡π™Šπ™‘π™€. - 𝘸𝘒𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘀𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘭 - 𝘭𝘦𝘒𝘩 𝘴𝘒�...
11.3K 507 15
Where two richest families of South Korea, hate each other for years. But don't know their sons are madly in love with each other. Jeon Jungkook and...
9K 235 12
Batman finds a cluster of old files belonging to the light. However as he decodes them he realizes that a few are targeting a young, powerful, indivi...
57K 1.5K 46
Chainsawman x Cod Zombies Crossover Fanfic. Dr Monty was chilling in his dimension when a mysterious Creature called the Gun Devil killed millions of...