Resisting Temptation (A Kyoya...

By Sindersalight

Seina Kamei is the first female heir to the Kamei Technological Group. She is strong and smart and beautiful... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 12

669 23 0
By Sindersalight

Chapter warning - violence

(Seina's POV)
I walked into the host club to find hundreds of swimming costumes arranged on manakins. The boys were wandering around looking at the options while the twins waved a frilly two piece between Haruhi and Honey-senpai.
'This is the perfect swimming costume for Haruhi, the frills disguise her lack of breasts.' I walked up behind them and smacked them both upside the head.
'That is not a nice thing to say. What is this all about anyway?' They smiled widely.
'We're going to the beach!'
'So why are you tormenting Haruhi?'
'Seina, sometimes you have to be cruel be kind. Now would you like to try some swimming costumes?' I made a face at them.
'We all know that you both know, your mother sends me new costumes from her collection every year. I have plenty of choice.'
They shrugged. 'We tried.'
'So where are we going?'

The Ootori family's private beach was gorgeous. Of course most beaches in Okinawa are beautiful so I shouldn't have been surprised. We would have gone abroad but Haruhi didn't have a passport. She sat quietly next to me, under a parasol while I read a book. Unfortunately for her she was unable to wear a swimming costume as Tamaki-senpai had invited guests from the host club. I strongly suspected that was in fact the point but said nothing. After all she didn't seem to mind. Since the hosts were otherwise occupied entertaining and running activities, I was able to relax for once. The most distracting thing that happened was Tamaki-senpai daydreaming about Haruhi.
Eventually we got up and walked down the shore to find Honey-senpai who was hunting for shellfish with the help of Mori-senpai.
'Haru-chan! Sei-chan! Do you want to hunt for shellfish?'
Me and Haruhi glanced from him to his overfilled bucket. Those shellfish were not indigenous. Yet the beach was covered in them. Haruhi cried out and jumped from one foot to the other as she tried to avoid getting her toes pinched. I looked around suspiciously. Where did they come from?
I followed Mori-senpai up some rocks to reveal a lorry on the other side being unloaded by the Black Onion Squad under the watchful eyes of Kyoya-senpai. I stayed close to Mori-senpai, I had been avoiding Kyoya-senpai since our trip to the Tropical Aqua Garden, he always managed to stir me up into a state of conflict and confusion and I didn't appreciate it. I was meant to hate him, he was sadistic, intolerable and half the time we spoke he left me wanting to batter him. But, he could also be kind and that left me wandering which part was an act. Was he really kind? Or was he hoping to profit from a friendship with me?
A memory swam to the surface of my mind before I could suppress it. His face, his words. 'You know what.' I most certainly did not! And to make matters worse, it had been bugging me ever since.
'Mori-senpai. They wanted to make up for their behaviour to Honey-senpai so I allowed it.' He glanced at me, half hidden by my much taller friend, cheeks flushed.
'Are you feeling alright Seina-san?' I met his gaze, saw the arrogant smirk on his face and snapped.
'I can't stand you.'
I could almost feel his eyes on my back as I scrambled back down the rocks again, dropping back down the other side. To my amazement, Honey-senpai and Haruhi were sat happily chatting away in front of a mountain of collected shellfish. Tamaki-senpai watching them with satisfaction. Haruhi shouted over to him in her excitement.
'Senpai, we got a big haul for tonight's supper!' Her voice echoed off the rocks and attracted the attention of the guests, while Tamaki gushed over her achievement. He then grabbed a large crab and held it out to her.
'Isn't this crab, crab-tivating?' I expected her to be annoyed by the silly pun but instead she beamed up at him. '
Yes.' Obviously she was overjoyed at her dinner plans and it had put her in a good mood.
'Ce..ce..centipede!' A girl screamed and the others joined in as the tiny insect crawled over the crab. Thankfully Haruhi ended their racket by tossing the offending insect back on to the beach. It was tiny. I sighed. The twins began teasing Haruhi about tossing the bug too roughly but the girls were quick to gather around and commend her 'manliness' and 'kindness'.
Tamaki-senpai looked put out. 'Is there anything she is afraid of?'
The twins suddenly looked at each other with great excitement. I in turn looked at them warily.
'What...?'
'We just came up with a great game to play! It is called the 'Who Can Find Out Haruhi's Weakness Game'!' Tamaki-senpai dismissed them immediately.
'That sounds like an awful game.'
'Yeah. You're probably right, after all she would only tell someone she is really close to.'
'What are the rules?' They turned around grinning.
'That's more like it! The deadline is tomorrow at sunset! Whoever discovers her weakness first wins!'
Kyoya-senpai suddenly appeared next to us, making me jump. His glasses appeared to flash as they caught the sun, giving his words a sinister emphasis. 'I will give whoever wins a prize.'
He then held up three photos of Haruhi from middle school. The three boys were suddenly taking the game very seriously.
'We're playing too!' Honey-senpai chimed in, Mori-senpai beside him. I shook my head in exasperation.
'Count me out. I already know and I don't want those photos. Though maybe I'll tag along to invigilate or something.' The twins looked at me curiously.
'You know what Haruhi is afraid of?'
'Sure.'
'Tell us and you win the game.'
'I don't want to win the game.'
'Why?'
'Knowledge is power and the knowledge is mine.' I gave them an evil grin. 'Good luck with your game though.' They looked at me uncertainly.
'Are you sure you're not related to Kyoya-senpai some how?'
I raised an eyebrow at them. 'Why must you two persist in insulting me?'
They took one look at Kyoya-senpai and began laughing hysterically to the point where they had to sit down on the floor and calm down. 'His face! So mad! So funny! Can't breathe!'
Honey-senpai looked up at him thoughtfully. 'Kyo-chan, where did you get those photos?'
He smiled. 'I have my sources. Why don't we leave it at that?'

I followed the twins nervously into the caves, behind Haruhi and two other girls. I had fetched my torches first and made sure I didn't stray away from them, into the dark.
'Why did you have two torches in your bag Seina?'
I did my best to shrug nonchalantly. 'Practicality.'
The twins led us deeper into the caves, spinning out a ghost story as they went. Then a ragged looking scarecrow popped up at the end of the cave and Hikaru prodded Haruhi with a fake skeleton hand. She looked over her shoulder at him curiously.
'Is this some kind of test of courage?' Their terrified guests completely forgotten they stared between the two of us, gobsmacked.
'You're not afraid of ghosts?' Haruhi shrugged.
'I've never seen one.'
I headed back towards the cave entrance, my face darkened. 'There are much worse things in the world than ghosts.'
'Seina...'
I kept on walking till I was back on the beach.

Next it was Honey-senpai's turn. He led me and Haruhi to the lorry that the Black Onion Squad had been unloading earlier. He climbed into the back and pulled Haruhi up after him. However, I realised what he was planning and retreated a few steps.
'I'll just sit this one out.'
I motioned for them to continue without me. I sighed in relief as the door closed with me safely outside. A hand appeared on my bare shoulder and I turned around to see Kyoya-senpai.
'Are you alright Seina-san you seem tense?' A playful look in his eye.
I shook off the hand and laughed at him. 'Not this time! You're not laying a hand on me.' He chuckled to himself.
'Fair enough.'
Not a minute later and Honey-senpai was hysterical in the back of the lorry.
'Wah! It's dark and confined and scary! It's dark and confined and scary! It's dark and confined and scary!'
I sighed. 'Honestly...'

Mori-senpai's big plan was simply to point a harpoon in her face. Not that that worked either. I could see why. There was never a time when I'd ever felt threatened by Mori-senpai.

As Haruhi wandered off down the seashore with another one of Honey-senpai's buckets, I stayed with Kyoya-senpai.
'Do you have pictures of me like you do of Haruhi?' I teased.
He whipped out his notebook and flipped to a page near the back and removed three photos. I took them and examined them carefully. One was a formal photo from the Kamei Technological Group website where I was listed as heir and the future CEO. The second was obviously taken from a newspaper article and showed me triumphant at a martial arts tournament. The third I recognised but couldn't work out how he had gotten it. It was a nice photo, I smiled happily to my left where my cousin had been sat making jokes. The top two buttons of my blouse were undone and I looked relaxed.
'Where did you get this?' He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye as we walked along the beach.
'I believe your Uncle was sending them out to the wealthiest families with marriage inquiries.'
'Ok, but why do you have this?' He acted as if he never heard my question.
'Seina-san, I need to talk to you later. After dinner maybe.'
'Ok.' I said, bewildered. 'But why-'
'Ahhh!'
I jerked my head up in the direction of the scream and spotted three girls and Haruhi stood with two men. I could tell from their body language that they were looking for trouble. I didn't need to think about it, I took off running as fast as my legs would carry me on the soft sand. I outran Kyoya-senpai easily being far fitter than him and reached the cliff first.
I took on a fighting stance in front of the first man who had hold of two of the girls. One of them took action while he was surprised and kicked hard into his shin, causing him to let go and allowing them to get behind me. I swung a mighty roundhouse kick at him, which he narrowly dodged then punched him hard in the nose. I heard the satisfying crack of splintering cartilage as his nose broke.
He fell back, grasping his bloody nose and I turned toward the one who had Haruhi. Yet just as I turned she was flung from the cliff. Tamaki-senpai had caught up and jumped straight in after her.
I nodded satisfied and turned to the man responsible. I threw him to the ground, winding him. He stared at the enraged girl before him as if he couldn't work out what had happened. Judo and Aikido were both about using your opponent's strength against them and I was well practiced. He gave a feeble kick at me from the ground as if an excuse to pulverise him wasn't exactly what I wanted. I drove my foot hard into his vulnerable stomach then leaped on top of him. Raining down blow after blow on his bloody face.
'How dare you pick on a group of vulnerable girls!? We are not all vulnerable to creeps like you!' I was about to bring down my fist again but a hand grabbed my wrist and stopped me.
'Seina-san stop he's done.' I tried to shake off Kyoya-senpai's grip but he held on. 'Seina-san. Stop.'
Slowly I stopped fighting and allowed him to pull me to my feet. The man was unconscious and my knuckles were slick with his blood. I stared at him coldly.
'He deserved it.' The hand moved to gently rub my back in slow reassuring circles.
'I know. It's ok.'
It appeared the twins had done quite a number on the other man who looked as bad as the one at my feet. The three of us exchanged a nod. Haruhi was our friend and we had protected her. I walked over to them and wrapped an arm around each of them and they hugged me close.
'It's over now Seina.'
I gave them a shaky smile. 'I know.'

We walked down to the shore together, just as Tamaki-senpai was emerging from the sea with a soaked Haruhi in his arms. Kyoya-senpai handed his shirt over which was quickly wrapped around her shoulders.
'We asked the men to leave but kept their ID cards. The girls went back to the hotel and I called a doctor.'
In truth, Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai had unceremoniously dumped the men on the nearest bit of public land and left them there.
Haruhi settled unsteadily back on her own feet.
'I'm alright. I don't need a doctor.' Tamaki-senpai looked angry.
'Have you trained in martial arts like Seina-san? Are you a master like Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai?' He grabbed her shoulders. 'What made you think that you, a girl, could take on two men by yourself!?'
'It didn't have anything to do with being a boy or a girl! I didn't have time to think about-'
'Well think about it you idiot! You are a girl!' She was angry now.
'I will apologise for causing you trouble and making you come after me but other than that I don't see why you're mad at me! I didn't do anything wrong!'
'Is that right? Well you go right ahead! I am not speaking to you until you apologise!' With those parting words he stormed off in the direction of the Ootori family's villa.

Once we got to the villa Kyoya-senpai showed me to my room so I could shower and change before dinner. He walked through first and opened the door to the ensuite so I wouldn't get blood on the handle, trying to open it. I wasn't sure if it was amusing or scary how he always thought about these things.
'Seina-san, I'm not the same person you met at that charity dinner. I've grown up and I understand things better than I did. To be honest, Tamaki bears more responsibility for that than I would ever admit to him.'
I blushed lightly as I looked at him, stood casually against the wall. He was still shirtless, having given his shirt to Haruhi and looked very attractive. For once he wasn't scribbling in his notebook, he was just looking at me. I was only wearing a bikini and wondered what my Uncle would think about me being alone, in my bedroom with an older boy, so few pieces of clothing between us. I reasoned to myself that I was only a year younger than him.
'Ok.' I replied carefully.
Was he looking at me the same way I was looking at him? Other than the faint blush on his cheeks he was difficult to read.
I made to take a step towards him but then I remembered my hands were still covered in blood. I stopped and laughed once, ruefully shaking my head. If anything had ever been a sign that something was a bad idea this would be it.
'I'm going to shower and change. Thank you for showing me to my room Kyoya-senpai.' I bowed my head in his direction, formality always my saviour.
He searched my face for a moment like he was looking for something, then he nodded and left the room without another word.
Once the door closed behind him I let out a deep sigh. He was far more dangerous than he looked. I was to be engaged for crying out loud. I didn't have the freedom to mess around with older boys. Regardless of how attractive or shirtless they were. As I stepped into the shower, the water ran red around me as the blood was rinsed away. I was dangerous too.

Once I was done in the shower I towelled off and slipped into a light summer dress which stopped just above my knee and some delicate pumps. I stopped in front of the full length mirror and fussed with my hair which had been left tangled by the sea breeze. Finally satisfied I exited my room and almost ran straight into Mori-senpai.
'Oh Mori-senpai, I'm sorry.' He smiled.
'Dinner is ready.'
I followed him to Haruhi's room as I didn't know the way to the dining room alone. She appeared at the door in a very cute, pale pink dress. It was much nicer than the one the host club had previously picked out for her, and it suited her well.
'Wow Haruhi. Someone is going to regret falling out with you.' She turned scarlet and waved her hands frantically.
'It's not like that! My Dad must have repacked my suitcase. I don't have another change of clothes.' Her face was pleading but I just laughed.
'Relax Haruhi I'm joking. Though you do look adorable.'

I walked into the dining room to find huge plates of crab all along the length of the table, cooked by an excited Honey-senpai. Needless to say the twins were very pleased by Haruhi's outfit and enthusiastically cheered her Dad's choice.
I sat down next to Kaoru and to my surprise Kyoya-senpai sat down on my other side. I couldn't help but feel pleased with myself as his gaze lingered on me. I smirked at him.
'Do you like my dress?' A small smile slipped onto his face as he looked away.
'Very much so.' He murmured.
Across the table Haruhi had somehow ended up sat next to Tamaki-senpai and the tension was tangible. Admittedly she seemed to be trying to wind him up, her crab shells ending up in a pile in front of him as she munched through her pile almost violently. The whole process of eating crab made me sick to my stomach and I left my portion untouched, pushing it in her direction. She nodded gratefully, accepting my share.
Tamaki-senpai looked more irritated by the second.
'Aren't you eating too much?' 'Hmm? I thought you weren't speaking to me?'
'Ok, I get it. You're not going to reconsider what you've done. Fine. I'm going to bed. Kyoya show me to my room.'
Kyoya-senpai dabbed at his mouth delicately with a napkin before rising to his feet. 'Alright. Well if you'll excuse me too...'
As soon as they were gone Haruhi stopped eating.
'Maybe I should learn some karate or something.'
The twins looked at her curiously. 'So it is bothering you.'
Hikaru tilted his head to one side. 'To be honest I wish you would reconsider how rashly you acted today.' She looked bewildered.
'But Hikaru I didn't cause any trouble for you guys, did I?' The twins sighed heavily, looked at me and shrugged apparently giving up.
Honey-senpai then piped up. 'That's not true Haru-chan. You should tell everyone you're sorry ok? Understand? And tell Tama-chan that you're sorry for worrying him so much.'
'You were all worried about me?' The twins exchanged a glance.
'Can you believe this girl?'
She looked sad all of a sudden. 'Oh. I'm sorry.'
Naturally this warranted a group hug.
'Aww. What for you little mutt? You're so cute! We'll forgive you!'
'Guys!' I chastised.
Then Haruhi suddenly gulped looking a little green.
'What's wrong Haruhi?'
'I don't feel so good.' Surprisingly the twins were quick to take charge and led her away to find a bathroom, all the while telling her off for eating too much crab.
I was about to leave when a plate containing a bread roll and a carrot was placed in front of me. Mori-senpai was looking at me sternly.
'Seina-san you must eat. Bread.' Honey-senpai climbed onto the seat next to me.
'The carrot is from Usa-chan!' The toy rabbit was shook up and down enthusiastically in front of me. I smiled at them both.
'Thank you guys.'
I was just crunching on the end of my carrot when the twins reappeared.
'Is Haruhi ok?'
'She'll be fine. We found a room with a bathroom pretty quickly and left her to it. She just ate too much.' I smiled, relieved.
'Good. I'm glad.'
We chatted for a while longer before I rose to my feet. I nodded at Mori-senpai and Honey-senpai.
'Thank you for dinner. Please excuse me everyone.' The twins frowned at me.
'Where are you going?'
'To speak to Kyoya-senpai. He wanted to talk after dinner and to be honest I lost track of time.' They exchanged an apprehensive look.
'We're not sure that's a good idea Seina. Maybe you could speak to him tomorrow?' I laughed. 'Relax. I promise not to beat, maim or murder him. It'll be fine.'
'That's not exactly...' I waited for them to continue but they seemed to have given up on whatever the scheme was.

I hesitated before knocking unsure that it was the right room. Then I took a deep breath, knocked and entered. In hindsight that was a bad habit from my own home. I should have waited for a response but at the time I was not capable of rational thought.
I opened the door and saw Kyoya-senpai shirtless, Haruhi pinned to his bed. I stared at them for a moment then anger exploded inside of me. I walked towards him slowly as he got off her. Every step calculated, my eyes alight with cold fury.
'Get away from Haruhi or I swear to god you'll be worse off than those men from today. What exactly was it Ootori? You learned how defenceless she is and thought you'd see how much you could get away with? You are a cold, manipulative, sadistic bastard. I almost believed you when you said you'd changed. I won't make the same mistake twice.'
He reached for me but I grabbed his arm and threw him down onto the bed. Rich boys always struggled being beaten by a girl, they'd spent their whole life being told everything was theirs by right and I enjoyed telling them it was mine. He was no different, wide eyed and silent as he stared at me.
'Seina no! You got it all wrong. Kyoya-senpai is kind. He was helping me.'
My words sunk to the pit of my stomach with a sickening thud as hers sunk in. Somehow this was almost worse.
'You two are...Oh...' She was the girl who brightened his shadow kingdom.
I backed out of the room then spun and half ran down the corridor. I collided with Tamaki-senpai half way down the corridor, one small mistake that released my tears. He looked at me, shocked.
'Seina-san what's wrong?' I met his gaze with tears but no expressions.
'She is with him senpai.' He glanced ahead in the direction I'd come from and realised who I meant. His features contorted into betrayal and anger as he ran off to Kyoya-senpai's room.

I reached my room and closed and locked the door behind me. I slid to the floor against the door, tears flowing freely down my face. I was so stupid. Why was I even crying? When did I get so invested? I was to be engaged. However, I felt no comfort in that thought, a strangled sob escaping my throat. I had made a fool of myself. Had they been laughing at me the whole time?
I picked up my phone, scrolling through the contacts. If I rang my brother and said I needed him he would drop everything and come get me. He would steal the jet if he had to.
My finger was hovering over the dial button when I heard a knock on my door. I put the phone down and hastily dried my eyes and face on my arm. I took a deep breath, set my features and called out.
'Who is it?'
'You know who it is Seina-san.' I didn't answer. 'Seina-san can I please come in? You don't understand. It's not what you think. I'll stay here all night if I have to.'
I glanced at my phone. How could I get out with him blocking the door? I sighed and partially opened the door, blocking his route inside.
'I don't want to speak to you. I don't want to let you in. I understand enough. Please leave me alone.' I looked at the floor and refused to meet his eyes.
'Just listen to me for five minutes.' I shuffled uncomfortably. I wanted him to be telling the truth. I had never wanted to be wrong so badly in all my life.
'Two minutes.'
'Haruhi is not my girlfriend. I was not trying to get her into bed. I just wanted her to understand that she is vulnerable to men and that she was naive to leave herself exposed to trouble, whether from me or strangers.' I looked up at him with wet eyes.
'She's the girl who brightens your world.'
He moved towards me again but I stepped out of his reach, shaking my head. He walked into the room and closed the door as I realised my mistake.
He sighed. 'Seina-san, when I said that I was mostly humouring you. But I wasn't talking about Haruhi.' He reached out and cupped my face with the palm of his hand, stroking my cheek with his thumb. 'Seina-san I was talking about you.'
My heart stopped then began racing in my chest. 'Me...'
'I don't want anyone other than you.'
He was so close I could smell the mint on his breath and see water droplets in his damp hair. He'd left his glasses in his room along with his shirt. He drew me closer so my hands were pressed against his bare chest.
'Kyoya-senpai...'
'Kyoya.' We were so close that his lips brushed mine as he spoke. I hesitated.
'Kyoya...I'm to be engaged. We can't do this.'
'I have to tell you something Seina.' Warmth filled my chest as he called me by name, formalities temporarily forgotten. I was leaning into kiss him when a loud bang echoed through the house, followed by a scream.
'Haruhi!' I pulled away from him and went running out the door.

When I reached Kyoya-senpai's door the other hosts were assembled there debating whether or not to open it. Eventually the twins opened the door, throwing it wide open.
Haruhi was sat blindfolded on the floor in front of Tamaki-senpai while he babbled about how she couldn't see anything and with ear plugs she wouldn't hear either. The twins were horrified and quickly concluded that he had tricked Haruhi into an S&M situation. I took one look at the scene and realised this was his misguided attempt to protect Haruhi from her fear of thunderstorms.
Once the two had been separated and Tamaki-senpai sufficiently berated, we all turned to return back to our rooms.
I glanced at Kyoya-senpai who was watching me intently. In truth, I wanted his hands on my face and in my hair and on my back, I wanted him to put his lips to mine and kiss me. How easy it would be to just lead him back to my room. But, my position didn't allow me room for whims and petty desires so instead I turned to Mori-senpai.
'Senpai? Could you walk me back to my room please?' He nodded and did as I asked. When we reached my door he ruffled my hair.
'Protect your heart. Goodnight Seina-san.' I wondered if he knew more than he was letting on.
'Goodnight Mori-senpai.'

I woke up having had a better sleep than I had in a long time. The sun slanted through the gaps in the curtain and lit up the boy sleeping in bed next to me. Kyoya-senpai. How did he get in? I reached out and gently ran my fingers down his exposed shoulder blades. He stirred awake and turned to look at me, a tired smile on his face.
'Good morning Seina. It figures that you would be an early riser.' He gently rubbed my bare shoulder and pulled me closer towards him.
It was only then that I realised I was naked, nearly falling off the bed as I hastily tugged the duvet over my exposed body. He moved so he was hovering above me, a lazy smirk on his face.
'Oh come on Seina. Now is not the time to be getting shy. Not after last night.' I looked up at him and gulped.
'What happened last night?' His face softened into a loving smile and he kissed me gently.

I woke up and sat up slowly, my hand going to my heart. Pleasant warmth was bubbling up in my chest and seeping into the rest of my body. I lay back down again and smiled to myself. That was a nice dream. Not that I would admit that to anyone. I was beginning to think Mori-senpai was wrong, I didn't need to protect my heart I needed to protect my mind. Possibly with the assistance of a psychiatric doctor and some strong medications.

(Kyoya's POV)
Seina came stalking out of the villa, each step taking her closer to me. I sat back in the limo frowning. She was beautiful.
She climbed into the back in one fluid movement, lithe as a cat and sat next to me.
The limo began to drive off without Tamaki who was sprinting along after it tearfully. The twins were crying with laughter at the sight and Haruhi was pretending not to notice. Seina, however, turned on us all angrily.
'You all know that he wasn't intending to do anything wrong to Haruhi. It's not his fault that he is naive and stupid. Stop the car now.'
Haruhi muttered about how this was sure as Hell not a car but I barely heard her. Seina could be so fierce when she wanted to and she had me mesmerised. Even now in a pretty dress, you could see the girl who fought hard enough to have gained the respect of the Haninozuka family. She stared defiantly at me as Tamaki got inside with no small amount of hysterics. I sighed and pushed my glasses up my nose. I didn't stand a chance.
We hadn't been moving long when she yawned softly, her hand pressed lazily against her mouth as her eyes drooped. She leaned her head against my shoulder and squirmed till she got comfortable.
'I lost sleep because of you.' She spoke so quietly I almost thought I'd imagined it but she was smiling softly, her eyes closed as she drifted off to sleep. My cheeks grew warm as I watched her, not daring to move. She looked beautiful and so peaceful. As carefully as I could I wrapped an arm around her small waist, hugging her to me but also preventing her from getting flung away from me on hard turns. Her breath was featherlight on my neck and it took a shocking amount of self control not to react.
The rest of the club were watching me intently, clearly confused by the girl who professed to hate me sleeping soundly on my shoulder. It was going to be a long journey back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

676K 33.5K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
21.1K 352 113
Hope Catherine Foster has been a member of Fairy Tail alongside her brother Alexander (Alec) since their parents were killed when Hope was four, Alec...
637K 39K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
246K 7K 30
He's quiet and so is she - maybe not as quiet as him. Hibiki Sadeki, a scholarship student everyone mistook as a boy, gets wrapped up in the host cl...