ETHEREAL

By namelessmystery

UNEDITED |Freya Livingston| has always liked being alone it's not that nobody wanted to be her friend it's m... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Author's Note
Check out my other books
Current Cover

Chapter 23

5K 153 42
By namelessmystery

|Freya Livingston|

"Mom?"

"Freya?"

The nurse and I both turn our heads and were met by Axel, Luca and my parents.

I turn towards Axel confused as to why he was here and as to why he had a sling on.

"Axel Exavier Andrés what in God's name happened to your arm." I look towards the nurse who I'm now just piecing together is Axel's mother.

"I was saving this trouble maker right here." he said pointing towards me with his good arm a smirk clearly etched on his face as he looked at his mother and I's intertwined hands.

"Luca is that true? I thought you were the one that found her." my mother asked a frantic looking Luca.

"Oh is that so?" Axel said looking quite amused at the situation.

"Well ahhhh it was more of a team effort, did I forget to say that I got a little help."

"Well whatever did happen I'm just glad that you gentlemen helped out our Freya. We'd like to invite you and your family over as a thank you." I looked at my dad with wide eyes hoping to God he was joking.

Axel saw my distressed state and I could tell he was enjoying it.

"Oh Honey that's a great idea we'll have a nice backyard barbeque and we can finally open up the pool, of course, honey you'll have to start healing first."

"My family would be honoured to attend." Axel said all the sudden acting all courteous with my mom.

"Then it's settled I'll have my secretary assist a chauffeur for you and your family we'll have a gathering in a weeks time. Luca, I'll trust that you can inform your father."

Luca looked defeated as he just mindlessly nodded knowing that he didn't really have a way out and neither did I.

"Thank you again for taking care of our daughter and you as a well young man you definitely were brought up well." my parents proceeded to give their gratitude to both Axel and his mother who I've noticed hasn't stopped giving Axel a presumptuous look.

"Well till then we'll see you and your family again."

After the insufferably long farewells, I was finally led to an awaiting car where we made our way home.

My mother held onto my hands the whole way there making sure to be careful. "I'm so glad you've made friends as helpful as them honey, they're good people to have around you."

If only she knew.

"Freya!! Get down here the guests will be here any second."

I apply a good coat of sunscreen on my mostly healed skin, at least everywhere I could reach with just one good arm, put on one of my overalls and made my way downstairs.

The sun has quickly set down to a nice purple hue but it's never a bad thing to be on the safe side.

My skin has definitely gotten better but too much sun exposure is still not recommended so my parents decided to have the barbeque after sunset.

Having my dominate hand in a cast has been a real pain, I also found out that I'm a horrible left-hand drawer and definitely not ambidextrous.

I made my way through all the commotion and follow the noise coming from the backyard. The smell of meat on the grill coming to my senses.

The pool was lit up very beautifully and the fountains were on, this is the first time since we've moved that I've really paid attention to how big it is.

"Freya my dear have you applied your sunscreen?" Dad asks but I couldn't take him seriously with his #1 dad apron.

I simply nodded afraid that I'll fail to hide my laugh.

The sound of the door bell brought both of our attention inside the house.

"Go on and welcome them in, the food is almost all done."

I sigh knowing I didn't have much of a choice, I made my way to the front door and was welcomed by Axel and two other kids sticking by his side like glue.

His sling that was once there now gone and holding a pink unicorn bag which I assume was for the little girl on his arm.

"Freya thanks for welcoming us again, your home is very beautiful." I smiled towards the familiar lady and just behind them I could see Luca and his family walking over.

"Thank you Ms. Andrés you have very beautiful children." I said the words before I could even process it and it doesn't fail to put the signature smirk back on Axels face.

He also didn't fail to hide the way he looked me up and down, smiling at the fact that even to a pool party I never fail to wear overalls.

"Oh dear please call me Meredith and these two are Alex and Jane and this little koala over here is our little Flora. Please forgive them they really love their bubba." Flora laughed as Axel made a silly face towards her and it didn't fail to put a smile to my face.

Bubba, what a cute nickname.

"Well it looks like our final guests are here." I exclaimed as Luca and his family stood beside Axel and his. The stark difference between the two families being highlighted especially having them stand next to each other.

"Damon, Rachel, Tyler and Luca nice to have you guys again." I politely greeted them and motioned for the maids to take their bags to the backyard.

"Nice to be here, make sure to stick around this time alright?" I didn't fail to miss the hint of sarcasm over Rachel's voice and apparently Luca didn't either as he sent her a deathly glare effectively shutting her mouth.

I figured that before things got heated before they even made it past the door that I'd at least take them to the backyard first.

"I apologize for my previous behaviour but this time I'll definitely be sticking around, now if you guys would follow me, my dad has been working very hard on the grill."

I led them towards the backyard where my mother's tiny stature is seen running around frantically making sure that not a single pool noodle is out of place, that is until she sees that the guests have arrived.

"Welcome everyone to the Livingston's backyard barbecue, don't be afraid to enjoy yourselves."

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 802 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
975K 72.2K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...
143K 4.6K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
1.9K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...