Tyrant - Book 3 (Completed)

By suhdude205

Back by popular demand, welcome to Book 3 of 'Tyrant'. More

TWFNO
HN
OMC
APOM
GF

ICHI

433 26 30
By suhdude205

Michael

"I thought you were dead." I yelled, keeping a good amount of distance between us.

I watched him look between Marlon and Randy, who stood puzzled, before taking a couple steps closer to me. "Can we talk... privately?" He suggested, making me frown.

"Do you want us to wait for you?" Marlon asked, looking suspicious about what was happening.

"Oh, were you guys headed somewhere?" Donny asked as he stuffed his hands in his jean pockets.

"Yeah. Headed to see our friend Daisy. She's in jail." Randy spoke obliviously as he got in the car.

"So I've heard." Donny mumbled as he looked down and shook his head.

"How about you promise us you'll come next time." Marlon continued.

"Yeah Mike. Daisy isn't going anywhere. Let's talk." Donny gave me a pleading smile.

I'm still in disbelief that he's even alive... what happened to him?

"Fine." I nodded.

•••••

"Is it really necessary for you to have your security guard hovering right now?" Donny spoke as he shuffled in the the loveseat in front of me uncomfortably.

I glanced at Bill who stood in the hallway, before looking back in Donny's direction.

"Well, saying the last talk we had, you tried to kill me..." I raised an eyebrow at him, making him sigh.

"I've changed." He mumbled.

I frowned. "What happened to you?" I whispered as I leaned forward, truly interested.

"Well... I don't remember much after lighting the fire... sorry for that by the way." He gave me a nervous smile making me scoff. "But I was told I flatlined."

Because of Daisy.. but he didn't need to know that.

"They revived me right away. Then when I recovered, my mom and dad sent me to a mental institution for a year because they found out I started the house fire."

I sighed and sat back, letting everything he told me sink in.

"They just released me a week ago." He mumbled.

I looked away, unsure of how to respond. I caught him staring at me before quickly speaking again.

"I'm truly sorry Mike. For everything. I just got mixed up with the wrong things as a teenager. We were wild man." He laughed as he leaned forward, placing his hand on my knee, making me uncomfortable.

"But please... forgive me." He looked into my eyes seeming to be genuine, but how could I trust him?

"Mike.. I know it's gonna be hard to trust me again, but give me a chance. We've known each other since we were toddlers... your like my brother."

Brothers don't do what you did to me.

"And... about the tape.. that night with Carry..." he started, making me frown and look down. "I'm so—"

"Just stop." I mumbled as I twiddled my fingers, fighting back tears about the situation I never truly had time to emotionally recover from.

"I was high... that's no excuse. But I felt a love for you that I'd never felt for anyone before. And I didn't know what to do with those feelings. I'm not gay."

I know, you're bisexual.

After I didn't look at him nor respond, he sighed and sat back in his seat before speaking again.

"Michael... we've been best friends for years." He looked at me sadly.

"Yeah, well that all kinda left my mind when you tried to kill me, so.." I looked at him, mad.

"I don't even remember what happened after the fire... I just want to make things right." He furrowed his eyebrows.

I sighed. "Daisy saved your life."

He frowned and slowly looked at me shocked.

"But now she's in jail for what we've done." I looked away.

"I— I don't know what to say... I'm so sorry." He looked down.

There was a moment of silence before I realized how pointless it was to be sitting here with him.

Closure?

No.

I'd never have closure for the things I've been through and seen.

"I have to go." I stood up.

"I owe Daisy my life." He stood up as well, stuffing his hands in his pockets like he's always done when he's in an uncomfortable position.

Some thoughts flashed through my mind before I had a huge realization.

"Hey... you're alive!" I laughed as I clapped my hands happily.

"Yeah?" Donny looked at me confused.

"Yeah! This means Daisy's free! All you have to do is turn yourself in and they'll let Dai—" I started.

"Wait what?" He looked at me like I was a unicorn. "Mike... I'm sorry but I just did a year in a mental institute. I'm not turning myself in just to be locked back up. I see this as my second chance at life. To do better." He nodded.

I frowned. "What the hell about Daisy? She's in jail for something she didn't do. This is her life being yanked away from her because of us!" I got in his face.

"Michael—" he started calmly before being cut off by the phone echoing a beautiful melody throughout the house.

I frowned at him before going to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I spoke with a sigh.

"Hey Mike." Marlon began.

"Marlon?" I asked confused.

"Um.. Randy told ...someone you're coming next week... and.. I know it's been a year but... she insisted on speaking with you."

I bit my fingernail nervously. "She?"

My heart palpitated as my hands began to get sweaty. I anticipated his response which seemed like was taking forever.

"Daisy."

Daisy...?

No... I'm not ready.

What do I say to her?

It's been over a year.

She probably hates me now.

I felt my heart pumping fast as I began to hyperventilate.

"Here.." I heard my brothers voice fade out as he handed the phone to someone.

Why haven't I went to see her?

Why haven't I wrote her back?

I knows she's gonna ask me all these questions.

Is it getting hot in here?

I swallowed the dry lump in my throat as I tried to take a deep breath that was cut off by an angelic voice that I've been unknowingly itching to hear for over a year.

"Hello?... Michael?" She spoke softly.

I lightly began to take back to back deep breaths as my mouth grew even more dry. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"Michael?" She called again.

Her voice sending chills down my spine and a wave of butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

I can't do it.

I, without thinking, quickly hung the phone up... starting at it with watery eyes for a few moments.

"You okay, Mike?" Donny spoke in a soft voice.

I stared at the phone for another minute before responding.

"I hung up on Daisy."

•••••

VOTE! ❤️
Do you feel more bad for Michael or Daisy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 14.3K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
474K 29.9K 94
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
218K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
972K 38.7K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...