QUIRK | naruto. u ✔

By annabeth-973

❝ ʜᴇ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ Qᴜɪʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛ ❞ ─── QUIRK ─── ... More

QUIRK
epigraph.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.

eight.

5.2K 229 17
By annabeth-973

CHAPTER EIGHT
❝  you're weird ❞

AFTER THE WAR, SHIZUKA was rushed to the hospital. Actually, her conditions weren't that bad. Just exhausted and have stab wounds across the stomach and almost to her chest. OK. Come to think of it, it's bad enough. She even passed out. 

After several days in the hospital, she was only allowed to be discharged. Of course, before Shizuka told everything to the higher-ups.

In the rain —as if the sky was also mourning of the deceased Hokage— Shizuka was in front of the K.I.A monument, staring blankly at the monument for several minutes. She has no courage to attend the Hokage's funeral.

"Shizuka."

"Kakashi," she called out the man's name quietly. Without turning her gaze at the monument. Her voice was small, barely even heard by Kakashi especially in this rain.  

"You still feel guilty?" asked Kakashi carefully, walking closer until he stood beside the girl. He put both hands in the pockets of his mourning clothes.

"What do you think?" Shizuka let out a heavy breath. 

"What really happened?" asked Kakashi. "If you want to tell me, that is." 

"..." The girl squeezed her sensu (folding fan) tightly. Her lucky item felt heavy in her hand. "We fought the first and second Hokage. Of course, it will be very difficult because they are very strong. Even the Third Hokage is overwhelmed. And how about me?"

"..."

"They are edo-tensei. So even though I have succeeded in cleaving them, their bodies will reunite as before," Shizuka explained, remembering her battle with the two Hokage. She was sure she had succeeded in destroying them with her earth jutsu, but they reappeared without a scratch. "That's why the Third Hokage plans to use that jutsu." 

"That jutsu?" Kakashi questioned curiously, glancing at the girl.

"Shisekiyoujin. I don't really know about that jutsu. I'm sure it's a secret jutsu. But it seems like it's related to the life of someone who did the jutsu," said Shizuka, after she was discharged from the hospital, she immediately looked for the jutsu used by the Hokage. And unfortunately, she couldn't find it anywhere in the library. "Like edo tensei.  There's a sacrifice, the dead one with the alive one. And Shisekiyoujin, you sealed someone's life with your life as the sacrifice."

"Everything is sealed huh," Kakashi nodded in understanding. "I understand why you feel guilty. You also can't do anything after he uses that jutsu." 

"You're right," Shizuka lowered her head, her bangs shadowing her eyes. "I just don't feel strong enough to protect the Third Hokage."

"Hey, you are still alive and well after fighting the Hokage. It has proven that you are already strong. Especially with your age," assured Kakashi, trying to make Shizuka feel calmer. But nothing in his words was a lie. For a girl of Shizuka's age, she's considered to be so strong, skillful, way past the others, especially to the point of surviving even though she is fighting two Hokage who is one of the strongest ninjas in the world. 

Shizuka gave the man next to her a strange look, almost disgusted. "You're weird."

"What?"

"Kakashi, you're not sick right?" she asked, bringing her face closer to him as she squinted her eyes so she could get a better look. It was raining, she didn't wear glasses because that would definitely worsen her eyesight.

"Huh?"

"I've never heard you talk like that, nanodayo," Shizuka blurted, raising her imaginary glasses. It was a little strange for her to hear the words leave Kakashi's mouth. 

"Hey, what kind of person do you think I am?" asked Kakashi. 

"Someone who goes their own way," replied Shizuka flatly. The girl turned her body and walked away before whispering. "Thank you. Don't misunderstand! I still think you are weird, nanodayo!"

"My, my, what a tsundere~"

○○○

Weeks have passed. Jiraiya and Naruto succeeded in bringing Tsunade who had accepted to become Konoha's 5th Hokage. Her existence makes the village relieved. She also immediately tackled matters regarding the Chunnin exams and Akatsuki that came two weeks ago. 

With the Hokage back, Shizuka returned to being the ANBU and went on a mission. Especially now that the mission is more individual. Well, the war with the villages of Sand and Music cost Konoha many ninjas.

Now Shizuka, Naruto, and Sakura are in Sasuke's room. The existence of Tsunade —a great medical ninja— managed to make Sasuke wake up from Uchiha Itachi's genjutsu.

"Naruto, fight me ... Now!" Suddenly, Sasuke asked him to fight, which made the three other ninjas stare at him in shock and curiosity.

"Huh?? You're still recovering after Granny Tsunade's healing," Naruto asked, staring weirdly at the raven haired boy. "What are you talking about?"

Sasuke then activated his sharingan. "Shut up and fight me! Do you think you saved me? I don't care if shes's the Fifth Hokage... you shouldn't have let her."

"What?!" Naruto growled in anger. Shizuka who heard him just narrowed her eyes.

"Sasuke-kun, what's going on?" Sakura looked at the two of them in panic. "Say something, Naruto! This isn't—"

The man then got out of bed. "You said you wanted to fight me, didn't you? Let's do it now! Or, are you afraid?" 

Naruto gritted his teeth, before smiling. "This is perfect! I was just thinking about fighting you!"

"What are you two idiots thinking?" Shizuka scolded as she pushes her glasses up. "Sasuke, you really have to stop your big ego. If Tsunade-sama doesn't come and heal you, I'm sure you are still trapped in that nightmare until you're going insane."

"So be grateful that Naruto helps you," she added. "Because if it was me, I would have left you trapped in there. Why should I help someone who doesn't want to be helped? And Naruto, you don't just agree to fight him."

"Tch!" Sasuke chuckled in annoyance, giving him a glare. "It's none of your business!"

Sasuke decides to fight on the roof of the Hospital. Out of the wide space for fighting, he even thought of fighting there. Maybe because it's closer. But anyway, Sasuke and Naruto are now fighting with taijutsu. Which then finally Naruto made another shadow to make a jutsu.  That jutsu is like a round ball of chakra. Shizuka didn't know what it was. On the other hand, Sasuke made a chidori in his hand and the two of them ran.

"Naruto!"

"Sasuke!!"

"Shizuka, can't you stop them?" begged Sakura who was already getting anxious. 

Shizuka narrowed her eyes. She jumped up, grabbed one hand of the two, and threw them into the water tanks. From behind, Kakashi sprinted before landing next to Shizuka.

Shizuka observed the two, judging by the jutsu, she thought that Naruto's jutsu was stronger. Even though she didn't know what it was.

"What are you two doing up here?" Kakashi asked, his usual bored tone disappear instantly. "That was a little much for just a fight. What's wrong with you two?"

Kakashi jumped then sat on top of the tank that Sasuke's struck. "Sasuke, what do you think you're doing?"

Sasuke glared at him.

"That Chidori, wasn't the size you'd aim at a friend from the village," Kakashi calmly added. "Are you actually trying to kill Naruto?"

Shizuka sighed. "We better go, Sakura. Let Kakashi handle them."

Sakura and Shizuka left the hospital in silence. The atmosphere is choppy and a little awkward. With Shizuka feeling annoyed and Sakura feeling sad for the boys. In fact, she could hear the pink haired girl sobbing a little. 

"Shizuka ..." she whimpered, wiping her face with the back of her hands. "Do you think they'll be like that again?"

"I actually don't know," answered Shizuka honestly, looking straight ahead.

"That Sasuke-kun ... I can feel him changing since the chunnin exam," Sakura explained, her voice sounding low. "I don't know why he's like that. And I ... I don't like Sasuke-kun now."

"Why?"

"His aura, his aura looks really dark, and he's getting really cold," Sakura clenched her two hands to her chest.

"Naruto and Sasuke are both friends and rivals, their competition keeps them going." The green haired girl glanced at her teammate. "I'm guessing Naruto couldn't tolerate Sasuke's cheap provocations. He's wanted to be as strong as Sasuke. Naruto wants to be recognized by him."

"At the same time, Sasuke senses the change in Naruto and is feeling inferior," Shizuka continued. "He feels at risk of being left behind."

Yes, Shizuka admitted that Naruto was now seeing progress. She heard that it was Naruto who defeated Gaara. He had also won against Neji. His development clearly made Sasuke who has a high ego become like that.

"Ah, I understand now," Sakura scoffed softly, guilty that she didn't notice it now. "It's just inferiority? Why does he have to feel that way?"

"Because he's an Uchiha," Shizuka stopped in front of Sakura's house, then looked at her with an emotionless gaze. "Don't worry too much, Sakura."

"Wah, I didn't know you would be so worried about me," Sakura teased, lifting the atmosphere surrounds them. 

"Tch, don't get full of yourself."

○○○

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 216 8
The story is about a one-sided love story that took the life of a young male. The story takes place in modern time in a fictional place, called Konoh...
1.6K 29 10
[u. naruto x h. hinata] »»----- ❀ -----«« ❝𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺.❞ -- 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀...
29.8K 1.3K 25
┗━•❃°•°❀𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀❀°•°❃•━┛ "𝗧𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆, 𝗮 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝘃𝗲...
29.5K 1.6K 45
- ‹𝟹 :: 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗎𝗍𝗂𝖿𝗎𝗅, 𝗌𝖾𝗂 ⟡ 𝗎𝗓𝗎𝗆𝖺𝗄𝗂 𝖻𝗈𝗋𝗎𝗍𝗈 𝗑 𝖿𝖾𝗆𝖺𝗅𝖾!𝗈𝖼 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝖺 𝗌𝗁𝗒 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝗂𝖽 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝗇𝖺...