The legend of Korra

By 9rdaley2

You are one of the most talented lightning bender in the world. The power that you hold is powerful and you w... More

A/n
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 12
Book Two: Chapter 1
Book Two: chapter 2
Book two: Chapter 3
Book two: Chapter 4
Book two: Chapter 5
Book two: Chapter 6
Book Two: Chapter 7
Book Three Chapter 1
Book Three Chapter 2
Book three Chapter 3
Book Three Chapter 4
Book Three, Chapter 5
Book Three, Chapter 6
Book 3 chapter 7
Book 3 chapter 8
Book 3 chapter 9
Book 3, chapter 10
A/n
Teaser for the final battle
Book 4 chapter 1
Book 4 chapter 2
Book 4 chapter 3
Book 4 chapter 4
Book 4 chapter 5
Book 4 chapter 6
Book 4 chapter 7
Oc couple tribute:
What i have to say.
Your Thoughts on Y/N's Voice! 🎙️

Part 11

776 14 0
By 9rdaley2

The episode opens with an aerial view of Republic City filled with several Equalist airships. The camera pans down to a shot of City Hall, with Equalist airships and mecha tanks around it. Hiroshi Sato is standing on the front steps, addressing a large crowd.

Hiroshi Sato: It is a glorious day, my Equalist brothers and sisters! Amon has torn down the tyrannical bending government! (Cut to an aerial shot of the Pro-bending Arena with mecha tanks around it.) He has declared bending illegal, (Cut to Aang Memorial Island and the statue of Aang wearing a large Amon mask; Equalist banners are from Aang's staff. The camera zooms out to show that the island is covered in fog.) and he has the Avatar on the run. (Cut to Hiroshi Sato speaking.) Our great leader has a vision for the future. One day soon, bending will no longer exist and we will live in a world where everyone is finally equal! The United Forces are on their way right now to try and stop that dream. But we will prevail!

The crowd cheers loudly in response. Near the back, two chi-blockers look at each other, one male, the other female, before they turn and walk away. They push aside a clump of bushes in Republic City Park and enter a small clearing with a large rock in the center. One earthbends the rock aside, revealing a hole, and both jump inside as the rock slides back over.

Cut to the chi-blockers, who have removed their masks and revealed themselves to be Korra, Mako, Y/n, and Varron, walking down a dim hallway.

Korra: [Angrily.] Can you believe Hiroshi?! "The Avatar's on the run". I'm not running from anyone! Let's go back up there and knock some heads; they'll never know what hit 'em. [Turns to go back to do that.]
Mako: Relax. General Iroh's coming with an entire fleet of battleships. Then Amon will be the one who's running.
Korra: [Frowns.] I hate this "being patient" stuff. [Both turn and walk on.]

Cut to Asami and Bolin, who are sitting on crates. Asami is watching in amusement as Bolin plays with Pabu. She glares as she hears Korra, Mako, Y/n, and Varron approaching, before she and Bolin stand up and walk over to greet them.

Asami: [Suspiciously.] You four were gone a while.
Mako: [Looking annoyed.] We were doing reconnaissance.
Asami: [Irritably.] Whatever.

Gommu: [Gets in between the two groups. To Korra, Mako, Y/n, and Varron.] Welcome back! Hope you worked up an appetite, 'cause dinner is served.

Cut to Gommu stirring a pot of stew and pouring some into a dish.

Korra: Thanks so much for letting us hide out with you the past few days.

Cut to Korra, Mako, Y/n, Varron, Gommu, Bolin, and Asami sitting at a table. Mako and Asami hold bowls of stew.

Gommu: [Hands a bowl of stew to Korra.] Honored to oblige. [Gives a bowl to Bolin and fills it with stew.] My associates and I heartily oppose Amon's so-called "Equalist" policies. [Cut to a view of the alley.] We got benders and nonbenders living together down here, but do you see us fightin'? [Cut to Gommu, who wraps his arms around himself.] No siree; we've figured out how to harmoniously co-exist.

Bolin: You are a wise and noble hobo. [Eats some stew.] Mmmm. This is the best-tasting street gruel I've ever had. Seriously!

Gommu: I culled it from the finest dumpsters the city has to offer!

Y/n: [Grinning.] Dumpster diving for dinner? Well, that's one way to make the most of your resources.

Varron: [Smirks.] Yeah, I'll stick to bending rocks, but you can keep the dumpster delicacies.

The camera cuts back rapidly to Asami, who already has the spoon in her mouth. Her eyes close and open with small beady eyes as the top half of her face turns green. She spits the food back into the bowl and coughs.

Cut to the back of Asami's crate, as she surreptitiously puts the food on the floor behind her. Pabu crawls up behind her and eats from the bowl, while Y/n and Varron share an amused glance at the situation.

Cut to Y/n and Varron standing near the railing on the observation deck alongside Team Avatar. Bolin hands the telescope to Y/n, who eagerly looks through it to scan the bay.

Y/n: [Excitedly.] Whoa, check out those battleships! The cavalry's here, baby!

Varron: [Grinning.] Looks like a real party's about to start.

Korra: [Stepping forward.] Once the United Forces arrive, we need to be ready to help in any way we can.

Mako: [Suddenly alert.] They're here!

Bolin: [Gasps and hands the telescope to Varron.] Take a look, buddy!

Varron looks through the telescope, getting a glimpse of the battleships.

Varron: [Excited.] Holy earthbending! They're really rolling in!

Through the telescope view, Varron spots the battleships steaming into the harbor, his eyes widening in amazement.

Iroh: [From the battleship.] Amon had to know we were coming. So why aren't we meeting any resistance?

Korra: [Curious.] Wait a second ... where are the Equalist airships?

Mako: [Concerned.] I don't see any mecha tanks, either.

Varron: [Scratching his head.] This is getting weirder than a two-headed platypus bear.

Cut to a shot of the water beneath one of the battleships; bubbles and an underwater mine are floating up.

Iroh: Something's not right. [An explosion on a nearby ship interrupts him, followed by more blasts as mines float up.] It's a trick!

Varron: [Frowning.] Trick, huh? I don't like the sound of that.

Y/n: [Alert.] We need to figure out what's going on and fast.

Korra: [Determined.] Agreed. Let's split up and gather information.

Mako: [Nods.] I'll head to the control room and see if I can get a better view.

Bolin: [Confidently.] I'll stick with Varron and Y/n. Three heads are better than one!

Varron: [Grinning.] You got it, pal.

Korra: [Focusing.] I'll dive into the water and investigate down below.

As they divide their efforts, Y/n, Varron, and Bolin begin searching for any signs of suspicious activity on the deck.

Cut to the chaos on the battleship as the underwater mines explode and Amon's airships reveal themselves.

Y/n: [Shouting.] Look out! Those airships are packing a surprise!

Varron: [Summoning an earth shield.] Brace yourselves!

Bolin: [Quickly earthbending a ramp for cover.] On it!

As explosions continue to rock the battleship, Y/n, Varron, and Bolin work together to protect themselves and those around them.

The camera cuts to a shot of the sky as Equalist biplanes emerge from the fog.

Y/n: [Grimacing.] And now we've got company from the air too.

Bolin: [Determined.] No worries, we'll give 'em a warm welcome they won't forget!

Varron: [Smirking.] They won't know what hit 'em!

The trio uses their bending skills to fend off the incoming biplanes and help defend the battleship.

As the chaos continues to unfold, Y/n, Varron, and Bolin's teamwork and determination play a crucial role in facing the unexpected threat and contributing to the battle against Amon's forces.

Mako: [Looking around.] What now?

Behind the skyscrapers, a group of flying objects can be seen in the mist, which resolve themselves into two fleets of biplanes. Cut to Team Avatar.

Bolin: [Angrily and confused.] Can you believe this, Y/n? Where does Hiroshi find the time to keep inventing new evil machines?!

Varron: [Shaking his head.] Seriously, it's like he's got a workshop in his sleep or something.

Cut to the planes flying across the bay, and a close-up on Hiroshi Sato, who is piloting one. He pulls a lever and bombs were drop from the underside. Ships are bombarded, causing major damage on board. One plane drops down two torpedoes and Korra dodges them only for them to hit the side of a ship. The explosion forces Korra back but she swims to the ship again. More planes drop down torpedoes to hit their targets.

Male sailor: [Shouting.] Incoming!

The explosion forces the sailors up in the air. A plane dives in to attack, but firebenders firebend into the cannons and shoot the planes. Korra emerges from the underwater and she looks at the planes, while they destroy the remaining ships. An earthbender tries to bring them down but he is forced back by the bombing. Planes fly around until one gets hit with firebending, forcing the pilot to eject. Iroh and two other firebenders use their bending to take down the planes, successfully hitting one.

Korra dives into the water, waterbends a massive waterspout, and bends out a large ice spike to take a plane down. However, the damaged plane hits the waterspout and Korra falls into the water where she bends a torpedo around into the air and hits another plane. She emerges once more and swims to the closest ship. Iroh comes up from the hatch to firebend the remaining planes, taking them down one by one but the last plane drops a bomb in front of him. He uses firebending to shield himself, but the explosion causes him to fall into the water, unconscious. Korra grabs and brings him to the surface.

Y/n: [Jumping into action.] Don't worry, I got your back!

Varron: [Creating an earth barrier to protect the ship.] We won't let those planes ruin the party!

Korra: [Swimming.] It's all right, I've got you.

Iroh: [Coughing.] Avatar Korra? You saved my life. Thank you.

Korra waterbends them away from the wreckage. Cut to their hideout, where Korra uses her healing abilities on Iroh's wound.

Iroh: I was prepared to deal with Sato's mecha tanks, but not these new high-speed aircraft.

Korra: I know. [Moving the water near Iroh's wound.] Every time we think we have an advantage, Amon outsmarts us.

Y/n: [Determined.] But that's not gonna stop us. We've faced worse and come out on top, right?

Bolin: [Now happily.] I like this man's confidence! So, how are we not out of the fight?

Iroh: [Stands up, clutching his wound.] A second wave of reinforcements is on the way, but I need to warn them. [To Korra.] Do you still have a way to get a message out?

Korra: I know just the man for the job.

Cut to Gommu, setting up a telegraph machine while Iroh and Team Avatar stand behind him.

Gommu: And who is the recipient of this top secret message?

Iroh: Commander Bumi. [Gommu cracks his fingers.] Second division of the United Forces.

Korra: Tenzin's brother?

Iroh: Yes, bit of a wild man, but the bravest commander you'll ever meet.

Gommu: Ready, sir. [Taps out the telegram as Iroh speaks.]

Iroh: Fleet ambushed and destroyed by Equalist aircraft. Retreat to Red Sand Island until my signal. Do not approach city until you receive the all clear. [Gommu finishes the telegram. Cut to a map of Republic City on a table.] Now comes the hard part. We need to ground those aircrafts. Otherwise, Bumi's fleet would never be able to retake the city.

Mako: [Points at the map.] They flew in from this direction. The airfield must be somewhere over this mountain range.

Iroh: Everyone get ready, we leave at dawn.

They walk out of the room. Asami lingers momentarily, and Y/n pats her on the back with a supportive grin.

Y/n: Don't worry, we've got this. Let's show 'em what Team Avatar is made of!

Varron: [Nodding.] You bet! It's time to bring down those planes and turn the tide.

Asami: [Somewhat bitterly.] It's time to take down my father. [Catches up with them.]

Korra: [Lingers behind the group, looking at Y/n.] Wait, I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow.

Mako: What?

Asami: Why not?

Korra: I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon. It's time I face him.

Iroh: That's not a good plan. We need to stick together.

Korra: I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down. My guts tell me it's time to end this, on my terms.

Iroh: Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone.

Y/n: [Stepping forward with a determined grin.] She's got a point, you know. Korra's tougher than a platinum bending bar. And I'm not about to let her go charging in solo.

Korra: [Turning to Y/n with a surprised smile.] Thanks, Y/n.

Varron: [Nudging Asami playfully.] What do you say, Asami? Ready to show Amon and his Equalists that they're no match for us?

Asami: [Slightly taken aback, but then determined.] Yeah, let's give them a taste of their own medicine.

Mako: [Looking a bit frustrated.] Korra, you don't have to do this alone.

Korra: [Putting a reassuring hand on Mako's arm.] I know you care, Mako, but I've got my new partner in crime right here. [Winks at Y/n.]

Cut to Asami looking on with mixed emotions as she glances to Varron. The camera pans to the right to Iroh with a hand on his chin, deep in thought.

Iroh: Hmm ... My grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct. [Moves his hand down and looks to Korra.] So will I.

Cut to a view of Republic City in the morning. Cut to Y/n and Varron standing by their side, fully prepared for the upcoming mission. Varron gives Y/n a confident nod.

Y/n: Ready to rock this, partner?

Varron: You betcha!

Cut to Mako wearing Equalist clothing in the hobos' hideout. Bolin walks up to Mako and they hug.

Mako: Love you, little bro.

In the background, Gommu sniffles and cries at the scene.

Bolin: Love you back, big bro. [Walks up to Korra, who is standing next to Naga.] Korra, Amon is a nasty dude. Be careful.

Korra: I will. [Hugs Bolin.] Good luck. If you're going into the mountains, you should bring Naga. [Hugs Naga. To Naga.] Take good care of Bolin for me. [Naga licks Bolin.]

Asami: [Walking over to Varron with a hint of a smile.] Hey, Varron. I know we haven't had much time to chat, but thanks for being here.

Varron: [Grinning.] Hey, no problem. Anything for Team Avatar.

Mako: [Turning to Asami.] Asami.

Asami: [Smiles softly at Mako.] I'm sorry things got so messed up between us, but whatever happens today, I want you to know how much I care about you.

Mako: [Looking at Asami with warmth.] And I care about you too, Asami.

Korra walks next to Y/n, and they share a knowing look that's full of determination and camaraderie as they walk away together. Asami jumps onto Naga's back, joining Pabu, Bolin, and Iroh.

Varron: [Looking at Asami.] Ready for an adventure, Asami?

Asami: [Nods with a smirk.] Let's show them that they're messing with the wrong group.

And with their spirits high and determination in their hearts, Team Avatar sets out to face the challenges ahead, united and ready to make a stand against Amon and the Equalists.

Korra walks next to Y/n, their camaraderie evident in their easy banter, while Varron walks alongside Asami, engaging in playful teasing.

Asami: (Somewhat bitterly.) It's time to take down my father. (Catches up with them.)

Korra: (Lingers next to Y/n, exchanging a knowing smile.) Wait, I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow.

Mako: What?

Asami: Why not?

Korra: I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon. It's time I face him.

Iroh: That's not a good plan. We need to stick together.

Korra: I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down. My guts tell me it's time to end this, on my terms.

Iroh: Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone.

Y/n: (Putting an arm around Korra playfully.) She's got a point, you know. Korra's got enough fire in her belly to light up the whole city. And with yours truly by her side, we're unstoppable.

Korra: (Grinning at Y/n.) Thanks, Y/n.

Varron: (Smirking at Asami.) Hey, Asami, ready to show Amon what a force to be reckoned with we are?

Asami: (Smirks back.) You bet. Let's make him regret ever crossing us.

Mako: (Looking slightly surprised.) Korra, you don't have to do this alone.

Korra: (Turning to Mako.) Mako, I know you care, but you've got to trust me on this one.

Mako: (Sighs and nods.) Fine, just promise me you'll be careful.

Cut to Gommu, giving Y/n a hearty pat on the back while winking.

Gommu: Good fortune and success to you, valiant heroes.

Cut to a large sewage pipe, out of which Korra and Mako walk, with Y/n and Varron right behind them. They continue walking into the sea, and Korra waterbends a large bubble for them to breathe underwater.

Cut to the shores of Air Temple Island. Korra and Mako walk out of the sea, and Korra stops waterbending the bubble. They put on their chi-blocker masks and climb up the rocky shores, with Y/n and Varron following closely.

Cut to a closer shot of an Equalist airship, which Amon boards.

Korra: (Seeing Amon.) There's Amon.

Mako: (Looking at Korra and then at Y/n.) We need to get into the temple. Then, when he returns ...

Korra: (Whispers to Y/n.) We'll ambush him.

They walk toward the temple, but stop when they hear a voice from behind.

Lieutenant: What are you two doing here?

Mako: (Nervously.) Uh, we were just assigned to additional security detail for the rally.

Lieutenant: Well, you're getting reassigned. Amon wants extra guards at the arena today.

Mako: (Confused.) The arena? For what?

Lieutenant: (Sighs.) The rally, obviously. You should've known that.

Korra: (Salutes.) Of course, sir. (As the Lieutenant walks away, she and Y/n exchange a quick, relieved glance.) I know another way in.

Cut to another part of Air Temple Island. Korra lifts a wooden panel on a wall, revealing a hidden passage, and they climb in.

Korra: (Whispers.) Let's hide in the attic.

They climb up through the attic's trapdoor.

Mako: (Whispers.) We're not alone up here.

The camera shows Tarrlok sitting on the floor, locked behind bars.

Korra: (Whispers, surprised.) Tarrlok?

Korra and Mako take off their chi-blocker masks.

Tarrlok: (Looking up.) I don't suppose you're here to rescue me.

Korra: (Walking up to the cell.) We had no idea you were here. Are there others?

Tarrlok: No, I'm the only one.

Korra: What makes you special?

Tarrlok: (Sighs.) I'm Amon's brother.

Korra: (Gasps.) What?

Korra and Mako share a quick look of shock, and Y/n raises an eyebrow in disbelief.

Mako: Did you know about this?

Tarrlok: (Shakes his head.) Not until he captured me.

Camera cuts to a side-view of the scene.

Korra: How did Amon become Amon?

Tarrlok: (Cut to a close-up of Tarrlok.) It all began with my father, Yakone. (Scene fades to a hospital room, Yakone lying down as a surgeon approaches.) With the help of his gang, he escaped prison and changed his appearance. (Camera fades to reveal Yakone's new face, and the scene shifts to snowy hills in the Northern Water Tribe.) He met my mother, a warm, caring woman. They started a family, and Amon was born as Noatak. I came three years later. (Cut to young Noatak and Tarrlok playing in the snow.) Noatak was good-natured, always looking out for me. Those were the good years. (Cut to Noatak and Tarrlok waterbending together.) But then we discovered we were waterbenders.

Yakone: Tarrlok, shape up! Noatak was never this sloppy.

Tarrlok: (Tearing up.) Noatak was always better than me.

Cut to a view of Republic City, Aang Memorial Island shrouded in fog.

Voice-over: Amon is from the Northern Water Tribe, a waterbender and bloodbender, just like I was.

Korra: (Looking at Y/n with surprise.) Y/n, can you believe this?

Y/n: (Grinning.) Well, I've heard wilder stories, but this one takes the cake.

As the shocking revelation sinks in, Team Avatar's dynamics shift, and their bond grows stronger. With Y/n's lightheartedness and camaraderie, the team faces challenges head-on, ready to uncover the truth and put an end to Amon's tyranny.

Noatak bloodbends the creature, making it stand up, and forces its head back. The yak groans in pain.

Tarrlok: (Inside the flashback, concerned.) Stop! You're hurting it!

Yakone: (Stoic.) Toughen up, Tarrlok! You'll need a thicker skin for this. (Noatak lets the yak down, and it runs away.) Very good, son, very good.

Cut to Yakone and his sons hiding from a pack of wolves during the day.

Tarrlok: (Voice-over.) A few years later, my father taught us to bloodbend anytime, without the need for the full moon. (Yakone signals to Tarrlok, who stands up.) We practiced constantly, and I hated every minute of it. (Tarrlok jumps over a small ledge and uses bloodbending to control the wolves.) I had no stomach for manipulating helpless animals. My brother, however, seemed to revel in this newfound power. (Noatak forces the wolves to come back.) He was a prodigy, mastering my father's psychic bloodbending technique by the time he was fourteen.

Noatak: (Concentrating, making the wolves turn around in unison.) The Avatar took your bending away. What could be more powerful than that?

Yakone: (Excitedly.) That's the way it's done. That's what you need to strive for.

Tarrlok: (Voice-over.) Something changed in Noatak over the years. (Close-up of Noatak.) The loving brother I once knew became cold and detached. (Lightning and thunder strike in the distance.) Our father pushed us to extremes, and one day, he made us bloodbend each other.

Noatak: (Forcefully bloodbending Yakone.) Stay away from him.

Noatak: (To Tarrlok, narrows his eyes.) Let's go. We can run away from him. (Runs off into the blizzard.)

Tarrlok: (Yelling.) Noatak! Don't leave!

Cut to Yakone's wife taking animal skins off a clothesline as Yakone and Tarrlok walk toward her.

Tarrlok: (Voice-over.) My mother was never the same after the loss of my brother. (Tarrlok's mother to Tarrlok's reflection on a plate.) My father stopped training me. With Noatak gone, his hopes for revenge withered. (Tarrlok narrates the story to Mako and Korra.)

Korra: That's one of the saddest stories I've ever heard.

Tarrlok: (To Y/n, with a chuckle.) Right? But at least it's not all doom and gloom now that you guys are here.

Mako: How did you figure out Amon is your brother?

Tarrlok: (Explaining to Y/n.) When he took my bending, the sensation was somehow familiar. I recognized it as my brother's bloodbending grip.

Korra: (Turning to Y/n.) Y/n, you're good with hunches. What do you think of this plan?

Y/n: (Scratching his head.) Well, I've seen crazier ideas work. And if it helps take down Amon, count me in.

Mako: (Nodding in agreement.) We need all the help we can get.

Korra: (To Tarrlok, appreciative.) Thank you for your help. We'll make sure to end this.

Tarrlok: (Determined.) Defeat him and put an end to this sad story. (Korra nods, and Y/n gives a thumbs-up.)

Korra, Mako, Y/n, and Varron gather their resolve and make their way towards the trapdoor, ready to expose Amon's truth and bring the revolution to a turning point. The team's unity and determination shine as they head towards the climax of their mission.

Please vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 156 23
*Korra and Asami's life continues after 'Ruins of the Empire'. Korra and Asami are back in Republic City following the defeat of Guan. For once ever...
102K 2K 57
•This story takes place after season 2 before season 3 starts• If only he knew what he was getting into when he had accepted Avatar Korra's invitatio...
121K 2.5K 25
ON HIATUS until further notice :) You are the son of Bumi, and your life was a little less than ordinary. Being the first grandson of Aang and Katara...
33K 1.4K 44
After three years, Team Avatar is back in Republic City for Prince Wu's coronation. However, after things take an unexpected turn, Ulazu is forced to...