Fated Stars

By xXsweetmisery10Xx

This is the tale of Azalea a she wolf that has brought shame and disgrace to her family by being oldest femal... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 Part 1
Guilt Ch 14
Chapter 15
Chaper 16
Church Chapter (17)

Chapter 10

297 14 4
By xXsweetmisery10Xx

To say I am anxious about the family gathering tonight would be an understatement. I am terrified something will go wrong. I am afraid Kader's parents will not approve of me, not that it could change anything, and the stars have chosen me for Kader. There is not anything they could do to change that. Although it does not mean they have to like me or accept me. I remember my grandparents, my father's parents they did not like my mother in the least. I do not understand completely why and my mother never speaks about them.

Though I do have some fond memories of me and my grandparents spending time together, unlike how they treated my mother, they treated me like family. I know they loved me. They died before I came of age for mating, my grandfather first and a month later my grandmother. It is said that losing your mate is so painful and hard most mates cannot live on or long after their other half dies.

There have been times I have wondered whether they would have been supporting and loving through my difficult mate-less years. Would they have stood by me like my mother or shun me like father did? I also wonder now that I have Kader will my father and our relationship stay the same or will he finally accept me and love me? So many things have changed within a single day, but many things still feel the same.  I shake my head in the attempt to get rid of anymore negative thoughts. I need to forget about the past and begin to focus on my future with Kader. Now my next big problem is deciding what to wear when I meet his parents. I have about three hours before me and my mother will leave for the Alphas house to have dinner with my family and Kader's.  I of course wish to make a good impression, so I should not wear a bright dress, but I do not think a mute color will do either. Oh stars I do not know which dress to wear. None of my dresses seem suitable enough for this occasion.

"Azalea, dear are you finished dressing? I need to begin doing your hair; we do not have much time before we have to leave. 

"I am not ready yet mother. I do not know what to wear. Everything I have just is not right for meeting Kader's parents tonight."

My mother opens my door and comes rushing in. "Excuse me young lady, I have made every last one of your dresses and if I do say so myself they are all appropriate and magnificent."

"Oh, no that is not what I meant mother. I was not saying your dresses are anything less than perfection, but I- I just want everything to go right tonight. I want Kader's parents to like me and accept me."  I release the built up breath I have been accumulating from the stress of my situation.

"My Azalea a dress is not going to make Kader's parents accept you. Only you being yourself are going to accomplish that." I think on what she had said as she sits next to me and runs your fingers through my hair lovingly.

"Mother I am afraid that if they do not accept me then it will only put more burdens on me and Kader's relationship. We already have so much responsibility and expectations on our shoulders. We do not need to add Kader's parents hating me to our long list."

My mother frowns and sighs but she continues to pet my hair. "It is very difficult having your mates parents dislike you, but I have no doubts that if you show them the real you they will have no choice but to love and accept you. Even if by chance they do not I believe Kader will not let that affect your relationship, if you have faith in him."

'If I have complete faith in him.' I silently think to myself.

.....................................................................................................................

It did not take long before it was time to head to my father's cabin, the alphas cabin. It has been almost two years since I have step foot into the place that once was my home. I was born there, though I do not remember it. So I should have a connection to it, but I don't feel anything as it comes into my view.

The cabin is less than a mile away from my cottage and is massive. It has two stories and was built with thousands of trees that had grown in the very forest where our pack resides. My father did not have to build the cabin with his bares hands, because the alphas house has been around for hundreds of years. Not even the Star Bătrânii knows how long and exactly when it was built. It has been a tradition that every alpha will live and raise his family within the cabin. It has a very traditional motif and huge picture windows that overlooks the Lacul Imens , the lake that is the water supply for the whole packs as well as a few of the surrounding packs. Forbidden waters are what the lake should be named for no one is allowed to swim in it, even though the crystal clear water is so tempting.

The wind lifts up the ends of my floor length dress that I finally decided on. It is a soft violet color and ruffles cover the bodice and capped sleeves. My mother and I are matching she is wear a similar gown but in a pale yellow that compliments her skin tone beautifully.

Unlike me my mother did not seem as nervous about meeting Kader's parents. But perhaps it is because she knows how nervous I am and does not want me to become more uneasy. I just wish for this night to be over and done with. The only good thing about this evening will be that I get to see Kader again, but I doubt we will get any alone time. Though I guess I have the rest of my life to be alone with him very soon. This thought makes me feel nervous and giddy at the same time.

The trip to the alphas house was not long enough for me, but it is time for me to get myself together and present myself the best I can for Kader's parents. As we approach the entrance to the lodge my mother takes my hand and squeezes it. I look to her and see her give me a soft smile a reassuring smile. I turn away and observe the trees as my mother knocks on the dense pine door. I just want to flee into the forest to avoid this dinner but I know I cannot, and I will not.

After a few moments the door groans open and one of the many maids that work here greets us and guides us inside. I do not pay attention to my surroundings because as soon as I entered through the door Kader's scent hits me. His scent is almost un-describable, it is manly and rich. I can smell the deepest part of the forest from him and a spice that I cannot pinpoint. The scent is mysterious just like the wolf it belongs to.  The maid leads us into a sitting room just off the entrance and Kader's scent increases, but is also mixed with several others.

Before I can even step over the threshold into the new room Kader is at my side and evading my senses.  I take a look at him and oh stars he is such a sight. He is dressed in a simple white cotton button up shirt with black pants. But there is nothing simple about him, every time I see him the more attractive he looks to me.

"Thank the stars you have arrived." He whispers in my ear, this makes with want to shiver with delight, however I manage to contain myself. I takes me a moment to notice the nervous and anxious look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask full of worry, please don't tell me something has gone wrong already, we've just arrived.

He ushers me off to the side of the sitting room, where I assume our families are waiting. I look around to see where my mother has gone off to, but she is nowhere to be found. Kader grabs my arms and turns me to face him. I notice his olive eyes are lighter and his eyebrows furrowed in a worry state.

"Nothing is wrong exactly, that is if you count not having any say or even being allowed to speak about your future with your mate!" I flinch a little at his outburst, I never knew my mate could be so snappy.

"What do you mean? Are they discussing us already?" I ask softly hoping to calm his nerves, and maybe my own.

"Yes they are, that's all our parents have been talking about. However they don't seem to care about my opinion or what I have to say. They are trying to plan my-our future without concern of what we want." He runs a hand roughly through is hair and turns away from me.

He is very aggravated, I am not sure what to say. I am not surprise that my father is planning my future and his next steps for the good of the pack. I have never really had much of say in my life or a real plan. I have always let the stars guide my fate and my path.

"I know this must be frustrating, but I do think they mean well. I think everyone is just concern about the future and what do next for the good of both of our packs. I mean I can see both sides, and....." Oh stars I am rambling I must sound like an utter fool right now.

Kader turns to me and does the unexpected again, he laughs. "Of course my mate would be considerate of both sides, you're too sweet for your own good Azalea." I know I am blushing now, he called me his mate and sweet, oh stars.

"Kader, Azalea, please join us for dinner." My father's deep voice echo's through the room, I am startled by it but then I am instantly soothed when Kader takes my hand and leads the way.

Othniel Onan, Kader's father is a formidable man and wolf, he is larger than my father but they are equal in height, and it is if I am looking at a much older and bulker version of Kader.

However Othniel has dark brown eyes that almost swallow his pupil, he is very intimidating to say the least. In contrast Kader's mother Olivia is so very dainty compared to her mate. She is shorter than me by a good foot, and she has a soft round face but she is petit in stature. She has shorter brown hair it is cut just to her shoulders, and her eyes are... just like Kader's I realize deep green. She is stunning, I can see why Kader is so attractive, how he could not be with parents like that.

It doesn't take me long to get over how attractive Kader's parents are because I begin to feel the tension of the room. Oh stars this does not seem good, I look to my father his face is set in stone and I can't read him. Per usual Violet looks like she would rather be anywhere else besides this room and my mother seems concerned, she looks my father and Kader's father.

My father looks to me and gives me a small smile, "you look lovely Azalea". The shock on my face must have registered to him because his smile falters. I cannot believe that he gave me a compliment without seem forced.

"Thank you father", I incline my head to show respect. Kader father greets me polightly but doesn't seem very interested in doing anything more. This disappoints me, I hope I am not a disappointment in his eyes, although it would not be the first time. Kader's mother gives me a warm gracious smile and tells me how happy she is to meet me, this is a much more pleasant welcome than Alpha Othniels. Kader places his hand on the small of my back, this sends delightful shivers up my spine. I turn to him in surprise but he gives no indication that he knows what I am feeling. Which is a good thing because if he did it would be unbelievably embarrassing. Kader guides me to my seat next to mother, whom is across from my Violent and Kader's mother, with the two alphas at the heads of the table. Kader takes a seat next to me and adjacent to his father.

Suddenly the servants begin serving dinner, roasted lamb with potatoes and a variety of roasted vegetables. Everything was excellent tasting however with all the tension I felt in the room it was becoming very hard to enjoy the food. What on earth were they discussing before I arrived? I doubt I will find out unless Kader decides to tell me. Though that is doubtful men do not usually discuss matter with the women not even their mates in some cases. This I pray is different in my mate ship I want Kader to be able to share everything with me and I with him. '

            After desert was served and finished my father and Alpha Othniel decided to retire to my father study to continue their earlier discussion, at least that's what I am assumed. I was hoping to speak with Kader a bit more alone to obtain more information about our father's conversation but he joined them in the study a few moments after dinner. What I would not give to be able to hear through the solid pine doors. They must be discussing Kader and I, but what aspect about us? As much as I know what my being a women means, I am not privy to any conversations that are given between men, however at this moment I find it very unfair. They are talking about mine and Kader's future.  I want be a part of their discussions, even though I always knew that my mate would be making most of the decisions in our mateship part of me was hoping my mate and our relationship would be different.

"Azalea" my mother calls me toward the sitting room. The sitting room is just as ornate and filled with forest and wooden features as the rest of the cabin but I find it hard to pay attention to décor with everything that is going on. "Come sit with me and drink some tea."

I do as she wishes, I take a sip of tea and realize it is peppermint, one of my favorites.

"Azalea, what's wrong?" I release a frustrated sigh, not one I meant to let escape, however I could not seem to keep my contempt of my situation to myself,

"Mother, do you know what father and Alpha Othniel were arguing about?" I look expectantly at her. "Azalea you know your father would never share that kind of conversation with me, and I also did not catch any of the conversation when we arrived." She admits almost guiltily, I smiled at this I knew my mother was just as curious as me. But I figured as much, if I don't get to know anything about my future, why would my mother? I suddenly wonder where Kader's mother is and more importantly where Violet is? My mother must have guessed my question, "Violet is giving Kader's mother the Grand Tour of the Cabin."

All of a sudden yelling could be heard from my father's study, oh stars. I look at my mother very scared and worried, I hear my father shouting and then I hear Kader's father. I get up to go look, but my mother motions for me to stay seated. "I will go look Azalea, just stay here." That was the last thing that I wanted to do. "Okay mother." I say reluctantly, even though I am a bit frighten, I still want to know what is being said and why they are shouting. My mother leaves while I wait anxiously. The shouting gets louder and louder, then I realize that I can hear Kader's voice amongst the yelling. Oh stars no, they are all fighting what on earth is going on?

"Azalea, Azalea!" Kader is shouting my name and I am to my feet instantly following his voice. I reach the foire and see my father Alpha Othniel and Kader, yelling and shouting at each other, at first I don't register what they are saying because I am so surprised by the scene in front of me. But I soon process Kader calling my name, I move closer coming into Kader's view. He stops yelling and looks at me, he marches toward me and pulls me too him. He then addresses our fathers, "I am taking Azalea and we are leaving, I am not going to stand here while the two of you decide our future without listening to one word I have to say. This is my mate and my relationship!" He growls out the last part, and I almost flinch from the fierceness of his voice. I grip is arm worried and frighten by what he's saying.

"You can't take my daughter anywhere, you two are not bonded yet, and you have no say over what she can and cannot do. She will remain with her mother until I say so!"  I've never seen my father so angry, he looks if he might attach Kader, oh stars please no.

Kader fathers begins to speak, "they will both be bonded soon enough and then she will be coming with Kader to rule over our pack and have our future alpha, you will just need to get over that, Rais."

"She is my daughter and she will do as I say, she is not leaving this pack, and she will bring our future alpha into this world!" My father roars back, I squeeze my eyes shut fearful of what will happen next. I feel Kader grab my arm and begin pulling me toward the door. I hear growling and snarling, oh my stars are they going to fight each other.

"Where do you think you are going with my daughter?" My father yells. At this moment I am hoping Kader is taking me far away from here. Kader takes a deep breath and turns around to face our fathers, "I do not wish to fight about this anymore, not tonight. I think everyone needs to calm down. We....or you too can talk and plan our future later. Right now I am going to speak with Azalea in private and with your permission I am going to walk her home, to her home."

My father must not have expected that answer because he visible relaxes and seems caught off guard. "Fine, you may take her home, but if you run off or try to do anything else I will track you down myself." My father stares into Kader's eyes making sure he understands the truthiness in his words. "Of course, Alpha Rais, I would never do anything to hurt Azalea and I want her to be in her home and rest, I am sure tonight has been stressful for her." My father just nods and turns to go back to his study, Kader's father rushes after him, perhaps wanting to continue there fighting. Kader begins to lead me out the door, but I turn away to find my mother, she is standing off toward the staircase. She finds my eyes and gives a little smile, I am about to speak but she begins first. "It's okay my darling, everything will be fine just go with Kader and I will see you home later this evening."

"Are you sure mama", I question concerned. "Yes I am my love, just go and enjoy your time together." I nod my head yes but I am still unsure if I should leave or not, however the feeling of wanting to be anywhere else but here is stronger.

Kader leads me out the large pine doors and into the night air, it is a bit colder now but for me it is very refreshing. Kader begins walking at a face pace, I almost cannot keep up with him as he drags me along. He seems so tense and stressed, all I want to do is sooth him but I would not have the slightest clue on how to do such a thing. I wish he would just talk to me and tell me what happened with our fathers and why he wants to speak with me in private.

Kader abruptly stops, he turns to face and looks at me with so much passion that I could feel my heart almost beat out of my throat. Just as suddenly as he stop he leans down to me, I can feel his hot breath against my face, his amazing green eyes are so dark that it is hard to tell where is iris and pupil meet and end, and then he crashes his lips to mine and my whole body is set on fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: yes I do relize that it has been and I quote forever since I have updated. I do aplogize for this but life happens and other priorities have to come before my writing(as sad as that it) but I am on winter break for while so I hope to write more of this story as well as my other ones. So keep an eye out for up dates. As always please comment, vote, and add my story! Thanks so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 18.9K 38
{CURRENTLY EDITING (hopefully) ALL GRAMMATICAL ERRORS} Rosa Conner is from the Cresent Moon Pack is 16 years old and is childish in every way she lik...
272 7 6
Bree Mathis has spent the last four years ignoring her elders words of finding her Goddess picked mate. But with the annual mate gathering, the bigge...
1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...
5.5M 178K 40
(Complete) Rae East has always cast herself off as a girl not worthy of a Mate. With a past of self-doubt and expectations of a hopeless future, her...