MALAKAI (The 'Mala Series' bo...

By gbebia

Kai is one of the greatest sword fighters in all six kingdoms, of course the six kingdoms don't know that. He... More

ct-1 Arocelli
ct-2 Katherine
ct-3 The Other side
ct-4 The Resolve
ct-5 Into the woods
ct-6 The Castle
ct-7 Hidden in plain slight
ct-8 Kai's Day One
ct-9 The ball
ct-10 The voice
ct-11 Uncle Jerome
ct-13 Feelings?
ct-14 Staying away
ct-15 No more fretting
ct-16 Too smooth
ct-17 The end of the beginning
ct-18 Come clean
ct-19 Malakai
ct-20 Levi
ct-21 The Attack
ct-22 Whats the plan?
ct-23 Divide and conquer
ct-24 Safe travels
ct-25 Heading for the gala
ct-26 What slides and slithers in the woods
ct-27 No semblance of normal
ct-28 prepare for battle
ct-29 WAR! pt-1
ct-30 WAR! pt-2
ct-31 WAR! pt-3
ct-32 gods and sacrifices - Final Chapter

ct-12 Mala ball

40 6 5
By gbebia

        After Garett told the chief he knew where the one destined was, he gathered the other representatives of the creatures and soon they were all in the meeting cabin. Cen, Sharaya and Roudog included.

"What is the purpose of this gathering if it will be purposeless Chief." Gruff said with his arms folded. His face had thick skin like the rest of his body. His ears were shorter than most and larger too.

"It would appear the human has discovered something." The Chief said. Then he nodded his approval at Garett.

"I think - I think the mysts are in me, the alumnai's I mean." he said. "Not in me specifically but in the staff. I think they tethered themselves to the staff and then use my emotional connection with it as a link to my mind."

Garett couldn't believe it himself. He'd suddenly woken up with more knowledge than he knew he had. One of the information attached to this knowledge was what he just told them.

"This ball." he said, bringing out the blue ball from his jacket. He'd carried it while everyone was gathering. "Is called a mala." Garett said, relaying the information he could feel in his mind.

"It kind of means..." Garett struggled to grasp a piece of knowledge then got it "one born of?" He said, questioning that piece of information.

"Either way, it's like the mysts connected me to the person destined for it. Somehow they found him and they're not sharing that knowledge with me. I can feel him. It's like a tug to the south. Across the sea." Garett said.

Everyone looked at him as if he had run mad. The chief and Ava, the goblin Adium, the elf Amish, the werewolf Xander, the pixie with her little eyes looked at him as though he was mad too.

Even his companions looked at him the same way. Roudog looking like he had more of an annoyed look on his face, perhaps thinking Garett had just embarrassed them. Even Cen seemed confused and Sharaya looked sympathetic.

Only the Troll Gruff looked at him with anger.

"The human thinks this is a joke. That the most ancient, most god like creatures in existence are talking to him in his mind." Gruff said.

Then he reached for his battle axe.

"Gruff." The Chief said in warning.

"We must scourge those who would disrespect us from the face of the earth, starting with this one." he said raising his axe.

Garett could feel the chief's power rising to defend him. He could feel everything.

And suddenly it was as though everything was in slow motion. He saw them move so slowly it was as though they weren't even moving.

"What's going on?" Garett asked but wasn't certain. He could suddenly feel the mysts in his mind, trying to take control of it.

You are in the alumnai realm, their minds and movements are too slow here. Give us your mind mortal.

No!

You cannot stop us if we chose to take it by force. Why do you resist?

Because there are boundaries! You don't just get to take control of my body and mind!  It's not right!

This is for the greater good. To warrant future peace instead of the havoc that the evil will bring.

If you want peace then start with me! Havoc doesn't come from only an evil source. It could come from even those who want to do good. So stop causing havoc by trying to steal my mind!

It was silent for a moment. Everything was still slow.

Very well mortal. There is another way.

Suddenly Garett felt like two people and not one.

What just happened? He asked

We have synced our mind with yours. Our emotions can be expressed through your physical state and our almost infinite knowledge can be given to you at anytime should you ask. Your knowledge will be ours as well. We have also put our power in the staff and it is accessible only by you.

Wow. I suppose that's better than taking full control of my mind, Garett said realizing that he wasn't shouting anymore. Talking to them before required so much effort that he had to shout but now it was as though he was speaking to himself.

Suddenly he felt an annoyance rise in him towards the scene about to play outside the alumnai realm. He knew it wasn't his annoyance, it was the mysts.

Then he felt knowledge flow into his mind and knew what he had to do.

Everything suddenly moved at normal speed again. Gruff's axe was up and ready to swing while the chief was ready to lash out power that Garett now knew was telekinesis.

He lifted his staff and knocked the end on the floor. A gold colored power surged in the room then died down as quickly as it came.

Everyone stopped and looked at Garett. Garett stared at Gruff.

"Ala Gruff." he said "son of Ala Zuff and Ala Suff. Your parents died in the Armageddon war. And so did your little sister."

Wait what? How old are these guys?

Knowledge flowed into his mind and Garett was overwhelmed by those ages.

"We don't have time for your tantrums. As we speak the evil is breaking through the barrier on the other side." Garett said. Well that's not good, he thought to himself.

"How is this possible?" Adium asked

"It would appear I and the mysts have come to an agreement. Our minds are now one, in a sense." Garett said.

He felt a scratch against his mental wall. Recognizing the power, he turned to the chief.

"You couldn't penetrate my mental wall even at your full strength Nathaniel. But I could go through your walls without breaking them." Garett said.

And suddenly the chief, who Garett now knew to be Nathan was lifting his hand against his will.

"I could control you without effort." Garett said. The chief's eyes, as well as all others widened in shock. Then Garett gave the Chief back his mind, making the chief sigh in relief, because In only a thought he could destroy Nathan's mind.

Garett turned to his companions. Sharaya and Roudog looked at him like they didn't know him, while Cen had a grin on her face. He smiled back at her.

"If there are no more doubts, I would like to continue." Garett said.

"Of course Alum." The Chief said.

"Why would you —" Garett was cut off by the smooth flow of knowledge into his mind. Alum was how these creatures addressed the alumnai.

"I am not of the alumnai." Garett said.

"No. But you are one with their mind, we must therefore address you with respect." Amish said.

Garett sighed his disbelief. Meanwhile he felt the pride of the alumnai's rising. Unbelievable.

"Very well." Garett said. "I must find the one destined for the mala ball. And one of you will assist me."
Garett said, looking around and feeling for the best mind. Amazing. He could feel almost every mind in the village.

He was surprised when he stopped at Amish.

"You are the oldest in this village." Garett said in surprise.

"Looks can be deceiving." Amish said with a smile. Indeed, for under that beauty, she was over six hundred years. And she was fiercer than she seemed now. Something lethal.

"You will accompany me to meet the destined." Garett said. "He or she will need proof of the existence of mythical creatures, and who better than the oldest."

"But elves cannot glamour themselves." Xander protested. "She will be attacked not long after notice."

"I will glamour her." Garett said. They looked visibly perplexed. Clearly they didn't know all the powers of the myths.

It was at that moment that Garett could feel the life of the fairy sitting on the table. He felt her mind and she acknowledged him with a mental touch.

Interesting.

The fairy in front of them was more dangerous than she appeared. It turned out they could move and think at a speed such that she could almost see the alumnai realm in a normal sense. Very fast, very interesting.

"What If the evil breaks through the barrier before you arrive with the destined?" Gruff asked

"We will arrive before the evil." Garett said, then looked to the staff in his hand. "It seems I can now teleport myself some distance. Carrying Amish would slow me down. But we will be here soon."

They all still looked troubled. Garett could understand. This was a lot to take in even for him.

"I cannot soothe you with much, but this knowledge I offer. You know your power is not magic, what you need to know is what it is. Before the other side was uninhabitable, it was the habitation of a power we called Ye juai. It was a large ball that hovered in the sky. It was what powered every creature. No one stayed in it's area for respect to its power. Then Babayega, the only creature of her kind even then, went to ye juai in her quest for more power."

"Wait. Babayega is female?" Ava asked

Garett stood silent in thought for a moment.

"It would appear so." Garett said, then continued. "Babayega cracked ye juai, causing its power to fracture in two balances. It sent the true ye juai to remain in the bodies of all mythical creatures, but it rewarded Babayega's malicious intent with half of its power changed into what they named magic, meaning harm. She became more powerful than any other. But at the cost of not being able to associate with any of her kind again. Because she brought harm to those she would care for. Her punishment was to live her eternity lonely, because ye juai was so strong that it made her a pure immortal like the myths. She could not die. This was two thousand years ago." This was met with gasps.

"So now you know what you're from. You are made of ye juai." Garett said.

"We appreciate this knowledge Alum." The Chief said. And Garett couldn't help but feel that he had stopped being looked upon as who he was. They looked at him now with eerie reverence. Except Gruff whose face was stiff.

"This mala ball." Garett said again. "It is pure ye juai. It appeared to the myths when the large ye juai orb was destroyed. It holds it's pure power. The myths believe that it was sent as an apology from the ye juai, because it lashed out at Babayega in such a way that there would be a great consequence for its action."

"Perfect." Roudog said in a sarcastic tone, earning a glare from everyone.

"The ball will be of great assistance in the future." Garett said.

"Assistance?" Nathan asked.

"The evil is quite powerful. We will need all the help we can get. You will understand in the future." Garett said.

In the future, Garett thought. The myth's knowledge were so powerful that they could glimpse the future.

"So when do you leave?" Asked Xander

"In four weeks." Garett said.

"Why four weeks Alum?" Amish asked

"Because in four weeks...the destined will have cause to leave where he is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67 1 29
Book 1-A young slave girl is sold to a new master, Lord Tristan, a young, handsome man who has just come into his vast inheritance. All seems well un...
1.7K 224 22
The Blood King was the most powerful and dangerous King the kingdom of Thesonia has ever seen. He took no prisoners and destroyed anyone or anything...
411 169 43
Kai, an assassin, leaves his home and turns away from murder. In an attempt to start life anew, he travels across the sea, to a place called Ath. He...
585K 21.2K 54
Scarlett has always been a mystery in the world of Lux, where supernaturals live in uneasy alliances and in kingdoms. The fae with fae, werewolves...