A Jerk named Haruto | Hajeong...

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo wherein Park Jeongwoo is a son of a maid working for the "... More

Introduction
[1] The "Kangs"
[2] Monarchical Table
[3] Hungry Kangs
[4] Busan
[5] Iksan
Changes
[6] First Day
New mashikyu au
[7] A little unwell
[8] Equivalent exchange
[9] Rules
[10] Unofficially official
[11] Slave n' Master
[12] Play Dumb
[13] The bitchy code
[14] Chasing Pavements
✾ Special Chapter [Mashikyu]
✾ Special Chapter [Typical Kangs]
[15] Connected Locks
[16] Your lips on mine
[17] Salt n' Sugar
[18] Comfort Zone
[19] Dauntless
[20] Stars over us
[21] Couples of Troubles
[22] Couples of Troubles 2
[23] Rainy Cuddles
[24] The Absence of his Presence
[25] Untold phrase
[26] Lie to me
[27] Way back home
[28] Cold boundaries
[29] Warmly Cold
✾ Special Chapter
[30] Marry me?
[31] Venture
[32] Dumb and Dumber
[33] Boundless
[34] If I stay
[35] Hidden
[36] Tables turned
[38] Reasons why
[39] Home
[40] Sacrifice
Epilogue

[37] Unwrapping the secrets

3.8K 261 85
By itsbaejinjja

Please read and don't skip the warnings and notes below. Thank you!

Trigger warning: death/suicide/self harm/threats/attempted murder by poisoning 🔞
Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Unless otherwise indicated, all the names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents in this book are either the product of the author’s imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Important Note: If you are not comfortable about these kind of topics, I suggest you skip some parts of this chapter. Please remember that you aren't alone and your feelings are valid. Have a good day! 💓

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

➷ Third Person

The tall Japanese nervously pulled the biggest book in the shelf— his hands shaking and his heart pounding hard. They arrived at Seoul early in the morning and Butler Han pick them up at the station.

As If the closing of the elevator door is the same way as clenching his heart, Haruto weakly step inside and took a few deep breaths. Jeongwoo on the other side is as nervous as him. The younger has no idea about what he is going to find out but his heart already feels like it will burst any moment.

“This is my hidden room, I think that's already obvious.” Haruto started. The Korean remain still and quiet, waiting for the older to continue.

“This is not just a simple arcade room. Keita hyung is the one who inspired me to build this. You already know a few things about him and me right?”

Jeongwoo nod, his heart beating faster inside his chest. He took a deep breath and mentally tried to calm himself.

Haruto walk ahead of him, leading him to another door inside the room.

That's where i heard a strange sound when i accidentally discovered this place. Jeongwoo thought.

The older slowly turned the knob revealing what's inside the room. Jeongwoo's jaw slowly drop upon the presence inside.

“Wait...... what is this? I-I don't understand...”

“This is what's hidden here, Jeongwoo.”

Jeongwoo stared to Haruto, still confused. He pointed his finger and frown before he speak, “A d-dog? You are hiding a dog inside this room?”

“W-wait, h-how? Why? I don't understand.”

Haruto held his hands tight.

“Remember back then when I told you that Keita work for Yoshi hyung's father and they attempted to kill me? I told you I was unconscious for a month because of the poison mixed in the food I ate.

My family filed a case against both of them but because of power and lack of evidence regarding his involvement in the crime, they did not succeed on charging him with anything. Only Keita hyung because they got all the proof and evidences. The private investigator found out that Yoshi hyung's dad threatened Keita hyung to kill all the members of his family if he confess the truth. From then he also turned his back on him and claimed that he's innocent— putting all the blame to Keita hyung.

When the arrest warrant is issued by the court, they tried to find Keita hyung but they can't find even a single trace of him. A maid told Yoonbin hyung that there's this one time when she's cleaning my room, she heard a noise coming from here. At first the maid thought it was just an imagination that she heard a dog bark because no one owns a dog in this house but when she tried to listen carefully, she confirmed that she heard the sound and a person's voice inside.

None of them believe it at first. They are too busy looking after me and finding Keita, at the same time they can't just leave our business like that. Until the maid told them that she keep hearing the sound whenever she comes to my room but it gets weird because she no longer hear a person's voice but only a dog's bark.

That's the time where Uncle Daniel and Yoonbin hyung decided to muster up the courage and check this place.”

Jeongwoo is still speechless.

For some unknown reason he hold on tight to Haruto's hand because it seems like anytime soon he will break down judging from the tears attempting to fall from his eyes.

“Like what the maid told them, there was a dog inside but the moment they step in the elevator an awful smell kicks in. Both of them has no idea what it was. Not until they opened this door....” The latter paused and close his eyes. As if on cue, the tears he's trying to hold back run down to his cheeks.

“.....where they saw Keita hyung lifeless.”

“He took his own life, Jeongwoo. He killed himself inside this room.”

“Remember when you told me that you want to see him? How i wish i can do that for you, Jeongwoo. I wish i can see him again. How i wish that i wasn't unconscious for a month so I could tell him that it's fine.

I wish i told him i wasn't mad. If only i can stop him from taking all the blame and from taking his own life. If only i could tell him all that, Jeongwoo.

Then i won't have to live with regrets all my life. Then i won't have to live with the fear of losing everyone that comes in my life. I wish i could forget all of that. I wish I could free myself from all the guilt and pain that keeps hunting me. I wish.”

Jeongwoo broke down into tears, his heart clenching as he squeeze Haruto's hands. Both of them are crying.

Pain, empathy, pity, guilt, agony, and regrets. All of those emotions in one tears, all of those at the same time. Jeongwoo's heart broke not for himself, but for them.

It all makes sense to Jeongwoo now. How Haruto treated him badly so he won't get attach to him. How he find it hard to trust and get along with people. As well as how Yoonbin told him to stay away from this room. How he told him to forget that this room existed. It's all because of that. Because of all the painful memories this place keeps.

How did Haruto bear with this for a long time? Jeongwoo thought as his tears continue to roll against his cheeks.

Jeongwoo pulled Haruto into a warm and comforting embrace as they both cried. He didn't know what to say, everything is just too much to grasp. He can only be with him. He can only make the older feel that he is loved and he will never be alone again.

Haruto sob harder and lightly separate himself from the hug as he caress the dog behind him.

“Did you know that everyone wanted to get rid of this dog? At first they got mad at me for keeping him here but i told them that this is the only way i know to bear with all the guilt.

This is Keita hyung's dog. Whenever i see him i feel at ease, i know it's strange. But it is as if telling me that I don't have to drown in guilt. As if i have to keep him forever and take care of him so i won't blame myself because everything that happened is not my fault. As if i can fulfill all the things i wasn't given the chance to do if i take care of him like my own.”

The dog leaned in more to the touch as if he understands the situation making the tall Japanese smile while there are still tears in his eyes.

Jeongwoo once again hug him tight, they both try to calm one another. The younger can feel how tight the Japanese male is holding unto him as if he will disappear any moment.

He pulled the older and press his ears against his chest so that Haruto can listen to his heartbeat. “I am alive. I won't go anywhere as long as you want me in your life. I can stay with you as long as this heart of mine is beating and you should promise to do the same.”

Haruto nod with a smile before he leaned in for a kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 1.5K 43
Happiness. That is all we ever want in life. To find that one person we can't live without, the person we look forward to seeing every day. The one t...
20.8K 1.4K 54
SYPNOSIS: Park Jeongwoo, a hopeless and mentally unstable young man who was trying to explore the things he likes as well as the things that would br...
80K 4.1K 21
Haruto just loved being alone. He was happiest when there was no one to annoy him. Being a eldest heir of Watanabe family he enjoyed all the luxury o...
95.3K 4.7K 32
UNDER REVISION. ❝ 𝙄'𝙙 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙗𝙪𝙨 𝙩𝙬...