On my way to stardom

By sscreativityworld

This is more than just a fan fiction. BigHit entertainment hasn't taken in any female idols for years, yet th... More

1. Running away
2. Ambition
3. Leaving home
4. Completely failing
5. Day 1
6. Dinner
7. Concept
8. Singing lesson
9. Music Video
10. Dinner Thief's identity
11. Vicious comments
12. Debut showcaseS
13. Viral
14. Bloodshot
15. New manager?!
16. Debut showcase
17. Debut showcase Pt. 2
18. Dinner party
19. A manic visit
20. A moment
21. Home tour
22. Family shoot
23. They won't last
24. Airport
25. The first talk show
26. Mood swings
27. Open up
28. Fun?
29. The bracelet
30. Challenge
32. An afternoon out
33. The confession
34. Champion!
35. More debt?!
36. Family
37. Ddaeng
38. KCON LA
39. Billboard: the interview
40. Challenge day!
41. First date
42. Speed, concentration, and intelligence?
43.Lies
44. Nominations
45. Day with GOT7
46. you made it!
47. Her first MAMA
48. Business calls
49. Official address
50. The Grammys

31. Concert guest

21 2 0
By sscreativityworld

Ugh, I can't believe Jungkook oppa is making me do it.

Does he not understand not everyone has the world 'golden' in their title? There's no way my fear-of-heights of an ass can fly through the arena like he did. Even if I went on that thing, I wouldn't even be able to hold my notes. I'd either be scared to death.

At the rehearsal, I was so scared I forgot all the lyrics and have to hum the song. Then my legs gave up on me when I got off that hook, my dancers literally had to help me get up, while Jungkook oppa dances to his song when he joins me onstage.

The worst thing is, I promised him that I'd do it on camera! The show starts in 5 minutes, and there's no way I can hide from it.

Woman up, Shannon. You can do this!

I've been watching their show backstage and their stage appearance is impossible to ignore. They use 'ON' to open the show which brings the whole arena to a hype. Jungkook oppa's solo in the bridge is just insane. He's pushed his notes to a high F and I don't think I can hit that. Their choreography is just so in-sync, you can just tell how much time and effort they put into practice.

The speech they give to ARMYs is also so touching and inspiring. Some of the fans shown on the screen are even crying when they're sharing their memories the past 7 years they've been together. They've come such a long way even though sometimes they still act like kids. It's the innocence and determination that they still have from their debut that make them one of the greatest musicians in history.

After an intense medley, it's time for their solo stages. Yoongi oppa goes first, then Hoseok oppa. After that, he will introduce me.

I don't let myself sit down or stop to watch their performances for too long. I have to keep warming up so I can forget some of the nerves. Ugh, I wasn't that nervous when I had my first debut showcase.

Maybe that's because all 4 of my shows combined still have a smaller audience than this show. It must be that.

I am performing in front of over 80,000 people in five minutes, ahhhh.

Hoseok oppa is already on stage while Yoongi oppa just came down. He gave a pat on the shoulder and heads back to change into his next outfit.

I am now wearing one of their tour merch T-shirts and a pair of denim festival shorts. The scar has faded a lot already but if you look closely, it's still there. But I don't really care anyways. Ae Na unnie put on a rhinestone each under my eyes, she said it'll look like my eyes are sparkling when the spotlight is on me.

I love Hoseok oppa's solo songs. Most of them sound so cheerful, I can't wait to perform them on stage!

'That's my ego!' He finishes his song with the audience screaming for him. 'Please welcome our guest. My sister from BigHit, SHANNON!'

The lights are turned off and the platform I'm standing on slowly ascends to the top. It's on.

'Sydney, let me hear you scream!'

Seas of people are now cheering right in front of me. Oh wow, virtually everyone is holding up their ARMY Bombs and they've collectively turned blue. How do they know that's my favorite color?

There's no time to wonder the smallest things.

I perform my debut track 'Ticket' which surprisingly so many people know. They are even singing along the English lyrics!

The lights on stage dim for a brief second after 'Ticket' ends. Then the backing track for the medley I've been preparing for plays.

Hoseok oppa's 'Trivia: Just Dance' is on first. I already lost count of how many times my tongue has gone numb from practicing his rap. It's the choreo that I'm worried about because it is incredibly hard to have Hoseok oppa's energy level and effect on the audience.

After the first chorus, we are moving on to something a lot slower, Taehyung oppa's singularity. All my dancers have gone off stage and I'm left to dance alone with the mannequin. Their ARMYs have literally stopped chanting and suddenly the idea of over 80,000 pairs of eyes staring at me gives me chills. But as Freddi oppa said, I should enjoy it.

The song transitions smoothly to Jimin oppa's 'Serendipity', thanks to Slow Rabbit PD nim's arrangements. There's not much to say about this song apart from it being absolutely beautiful. I have to work my core muscles to do the whole body turn starting on the floor. He also has the softest flowing moves which are hard to achieve but judging from the ARMYs applause and screams, I guess I am doing a satisfactory job.

After finishing the beautiful last notes of 'Serendipity', it's finally time for 'Euphoria'.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. I just don't love what I'm about to do.

'Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria.'

After singing the first chorus, I slowly walk to the designated place for the technician to strap me onto the hook while singing the bridge. Then up we go...

My voice is a bit shaky when I first took off. Please, hold me tight, I pray to the god of ropes.

The ARMYs reactions seem to get more excited the higher up I go. I force myself to open my eyes and take a look at the crowd, just like what I always do. They are just like the fans at my concert, cheering for the idol's performance with passion and support. BTS has worked so hard in order to show their love and gratitude for their fans. Jungkook oppa did this so many times for their tour and did not complain a single time, even when he had to soar around the arena in the freezing Winter. I have no right to whine.

And it's actually not that bad.

I've gotten used to the heights now so I can focus on waving at the fans and the song. The high note in the bridge was much better than the one I did during rehearsal.

Finally, it's time to come back to the ground. I get off the hook after I'm untied.

The moment my left foot hits the ground, my right foot trips over the hook. I am faceplanting onstage and it's so gonna be captured by the audience and that's gonna be it for my career!

Suddenly, a strong arm catches me and helps me on my feet again.

Jungkook oppa smiles as he's filling in the 'yeah's for me at the last part of the song. I give him a quick nod and straightens myself. We dance our way to the front and join the dancers for the last dance break of the song.

He even harmonizes with me on the last note.

Oh my god.

The sea of ARMYs literally goes crazy when my performance ends. And I think they are even chanting my name!

'SHANNON! SHANNON!...'

Jungkook oppa tells them to give me another round of applause before I return the stage to the expert. 'That is Shannon, everyone!'

-------------

My first Australian trip passes by like a blink. I am finally back to Seoul and am currently in one of the studios at BigHit.

I am having my first Vlive live today. I've watched videos of the lives by BTS and TXT and they mainly just talked about what they did and read comments from the fans. I should be able to do that.

Freddie oppa helped me set up the phone for me to do live. He even offers to sit behind the camera to give me hints of what to say if I ever run out of things to talk about, which from the interaction between me and Jungkook oppa, happens very often.

After entering a title for the live session, which I just put 'annyeonghaseyo', the session has begun! And there's already 50k people watching.

'Annyeonhaseyo, I am Shannon,' I say to the phone. 'Can you hear me?'

Loads of comments come through about the fans saying they can hear me.

'Oh, that's amazing. Welcome to everyone who's watching, thanks for tuning in.'

Freddie oppa is laughing silently about my DJ-like greeting.

I turn back to the phone, 'this is my first Vlive, what should we talk about today?'

One comment asks, 'how has your day been, unnie?'

'Thank you for asking! My day has been alright. I just flew back from Australia. I had a fan meeting with Lotte Duty Free in Melbourne and I also went to BTS's concert in Sydney and I performed as a guest. After I landed today, I came back to the company to practice. Now I am doing Vlive with you guys! Oh, did anyone here go to the BTS concert in Sydney?'

The comments are flooding in. I scroll down the comments and see comments in so many different languages! Some of the fans even say they went to the concert!

'Wow, there's a lot of people who went. I hope I did alright!'

You were stunning!

I have never heard your songs before the concert, now I'm a big fan!

I love your voice, unnie!

Can't wait for your comeback!

'Thank you all for supporting me, I'll continue to work harder! I am also very excited to comeback next week! See you at the comeback showcase and fan-signing!'

I can't believe it's been 6 months since I've debuted. The debut teaser for my title track is released and I heard there are also lots of nice comments.

I then answer more questions that the fans have commented and talk to them more.

'So I've been really obsessed with the movie "A star is born". The songs in there are all so good and Lady Gaga is now one of my favourite singers.'

' Fun fact, I've never got my ears pierced until I became a trainee. I am so afraid of needle,' I tell them. 'Will I get more piercings? Absolutely not.'

'I was so surprised to see the whole audience turning a sea of blue when I got on stage in Sydney,' I tell them. 'I was so happy when BTS sunbaenims' ARMYs are even cheering for me. I was really touched and encouraged.'

One of the comments says: ahaha, I bet you call BTS informally like you say Soobin-ah on the variety show

I read the comment out and say, 'no! I really don't. I only do it to Soobin because we're the same age.'

My phone suddenly rings and Soobin's calling me. 'Guys, Soobin is calling me, let me pick it up.'

'Yeobuseyo? Soobin-ah, I am now doing Vlive with my amazing fans. Let me put you on speakerphone.'

He says, 'annyeonghaseyo, I am the leader of Tomorrow by Together, Soobin!'

'We were just talking about you!' I tell my friend.

'I know! I've been watching and commenting,' he replies. 'And stop calling me by my name, I am your sunbae!'

I laugh, 'Soobin-ah, just get over it. I will never call you sunbaenim. I have to go back to my fans. Say goodbye to my fans.'

He lets out a frustrated sigh, 'everyone, I'll go now. Thank you for loving our Shannon HOOBAE!' Then he hangs up.

Another comment says, will there be any rap songs in your new album? You are so good at rapping J-hope's Just Dance!

'I'm afraid not,' I look at the camera and smile, 'I still need to improve my Korean a lot to be able to rap. Thank you so much for the compliment, though!'

I've noticed a lot of commenters say they've seen the video of Jungkook oppa challenging me to go on the flying hook. Apparently, the videos are already uploaded on both our YouTube channels.

And they want to see more of these challenges!

I give a forced laugh, 'you know how scary that thing was? I was holding onto it so tightly! I am never going to challenge Jungkook sunbaenim to anything because we all know he can do anything.'

Hahaha, she knows

Shannon-ssi~don't say that! You can sing, dance and rap, too! You can do anything too!

That's so true!

She is basically the female version of our Golden Maknae

I scroll down these nice, blissful comments. 'Of course not. I've got so much to learn from the sunbaes!'

Will there be any collaborations with the BTS or TXT members in this album?

'No, there won't be!' I reply. 'But I participated in producing most of the songs, so please remember to go support me!'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.6K 31
Your life changed instantly when you scored yourself a job not only under your dream company but working along your favourites idols , BTS You were...
1.5M 57.7K 48
[Complete] "So I'm not your bias?" When you land a job as a staff for BigHit, it's a dream come true, but things go downhill when one of your crush...
585 60 16
A story about a normal 14 year old girl, living a normal life. Okay maybe not as 'normal' but with some fame from her covers on YouTube. She decided...
463 115 26
Jimin Γ— Female reader An idol ff Y/n A ordinary girl who loved BTS , living a simple life with lots of dreams. Park Jimin A global Kpop idol, membe...