Rock Around the Clock

By cafe80s

Book 1 in the Rock Around the Clock Series At 12:37, Rosie received a call. She had previously been fast a... More

~Please Read~
CAST
Prologue
::1::
::2::
::3::
::4::
::6::
::7::
::8::
::9::
::10::
::11::
::12::
::13::
::14::
::15::
::16::
::17::
::18::

::5::

3K 86 27
By cafe80s

Rosie and Marty separating was not a good idea. It was probably the opposite of a good idea, but neither of them would mention that to the other.

As Marty chased his dad around town, he saw his bike. Looking around for a youthful George McFly, he looked up. His father was laying on his stomach on a branch, with binoculars. He followed his line of sight to a girl's window. There, he saw a woman changing.

As Rosie was following directions to Doc Brown's house, she accidentally stumbled into a boy, about her age,

"Oh my god I'm so sorr-," Rosie said, but stopped when she made eye contact with him. Rosie's heart stopped as she came face to face with Robert Louis.

"Sorry 'bout that sweetheart," he said in a calm voice, that Rosie remembered all to well. She blinked rapidly to try to hold her tears back. "You okay there? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Oh uh... yeah I'm fine. It's just... been a long day," Rosie said. "I'm Rosie. Rosie Wilson." She lied.

"Well I'm Robert Louis. Everyone calls me Robby though. That's my girlfriend Nancy," he said, pointing a girl. She was wearing a black shirt tucked into a pair of polka dot black and white pants, with her hair up in victory curls. A very modern look. She turned her head from where she was sitting and looked at him. She stood up and walked over.

"Hey baby," she greeted him, then looked at Rosie. "Hi there! I'm Nancy."

"Rosie," she replied, and shook her hand. When their hands connected, Rosie have a nostalgic smile at the contact. "It's nice to meet you both. I'm new in town."

"Well you just keep an eye out for us okay," Robby said. She nodded and waved goodbye. Once she was out of their line of sight, she ran into a store and into their restroom. She rapidly tried to calm herself down, talking to herself.

"Those were my parents. My dead parents. What the hell is happening? How is this happening?" She panicked.

She desperately needed Marty. She eventually found Doc's place, and sat in a tree, waiting for him to show up.

Marty's situation wasn't going much better. He always knew how his parents met. George fell out of a tree 'bird watching' and his mom's family took him in. That story was about to change. For the better of course. But he would need to live through it in order to understand that.

"He's a peeping Tom," Marty said to himself, but something about it truly seemed fitting. He'd never mentioned bird watching before. He then noticed George trying to shimmy up the branch, as if he needed a better look. 'Can't he see enough' Marty thought. The leaves ruffled as George fell out of the tree and into the oncoming traffic. "Dad!" Marty exclaimed as he ran and pushed him out of the way. Marty was then, hit by a car, and everything went black.

Marty woke up, assuming that it had all been a dream. "Mom," he said.

"There there now. Just relax," a familiar and calming voice said. Marty felt a cold washcloth on his head and he turned slightly, feeling better at the touch. "You've been asleep for almost nine hours now."

   "I had a horrible nightmare. I dreamed that Rosie and I went back in time. It was terrible." He informed the younger version of his mother.

   "Well, you're safe and sound now," she said. "Back in good ol' 1955."

   Marty's eyes opened wide. "1955?" The lights turned on and he saw his mother as he had never seen her. Youthful, thin, and not aged with stress from three kids. "You're my mo- you're my mo-," he tried to choke out.

   "My name is Lorraine. Lorraine Baines," she introduced.

   "Yeah. But you're uh-," he couldn't find the right words to say, but then again, who could. "You're so uh... you're so... thin!" He couldn't get a full breath into his lungs. It was as if he had been punched in the gut.

   "Just relax Calvin. You got a big bruise on your head," she said. Why was she calling him Calvin?

   Marty tried his hardest to exit the bed that was holding him captive. He moved the blanket, and quickly moved it back. "Ah! Where are my pants?" She pointed them out to him.

   "I've never seen purple underwear before Calvin," she informed him. He tried to take a deep breath, and ran his hand through his hair.

   "Calvin? Why- why do you keep calling me Calvin?"

   "That is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear?" She said, before pulling the covers and trying to show him. This woman would be changing his diapers years from now and she was beginning to flirt with him. He screamed slightly. He tried to reintroduce himself as Marty as she sat next to him.

   Marty had never felt this awkward in his life. Not even the time he and Rosie had gone to a party and they tried to get them to play seven minutes in heaven. They sat on the floor and arm wrestled for the whole seven minutes.

   He looked at Lorraine as they talked. He backed up and she tried to touch his bruise, causing him to panic and fall backwards. She tossed him his pants and he jumped into them, falling. He walked down the stairs with his mother and his grandmother, seeing his grandfather, and his aunts and uncles.

   "Well listen I really oughta-," he said, but Lorraine wouldn't let him finish before pulling a chair out for him to fall into. They gathered around the table and watched Jackie Gleason.  

   "Our first television set. Dad just picked it up today," Lorraine said, trying to sound cool.

   "Hey. Hey I've seen this one. It's a classic," Marty said. "This is where Ralph dresses up as a man from space."

   "What do you mean you've seen this? It's brand new," his uncle said. And that's when Marty knew he messed up, and tried to cover his tracks. When asked if his grandmother knew his mother, he looked at Lorraine nervously.

   "Yeah, I think maybe you do," he said, close to a mental breakdown. He asked for directions to Doc's house, knowing that Rosie was waiting up for him. He abruptly left as Lorraine set her hand on his leg. "I gotta go. Thanks very much it was wonderful. You were all great. See you all later. Much later."
_______________________
   Marty followed the directions to the house and looked up to see Rosie sitting in a tree.

   "Hey!" He exclaimed. She looked down and let out a breath, jumping out.

   "Oh thank god," she said. "What a day I had."

   "Me too," he replied as he hugged her. They let go and made eye contact.

   "I met my parents," they said at the same time, before their eyes widened.

   "Oh my god Rosie are you okay," he asked, pulling her into his chest. He knew that it could be a potentially sore subject for her.

   "Yeah I'm okay. They're good people. They're already dating you know," she said. Marty nodded and kept hugging her, leaning down and kissing her hair, leaning his forehead on the top of her head briefly.

   "Come on. We have an old friend to catch up with," he said, before grabbing his best friend's hand and leading her away from the tree. They saw that they were at the right house, and made their way to the door. Rosie knocked and Marty paced behind her. The door opened, then closed. They both stared at the door, backing away slightly incase of a disaster.

   "Doc?" Rosie asked as he opened it again, this time wearing a large futuristic looking helmet.

   "Don't day a word," the Doc said as he pulled the two teenagers into his house. He slammed the door loudly behind him. "I don't wanna know anything about you."

   "Listen Doc- Doc," Marty said, trying to get him to stop talking. He only shushed him.

   "You've gotta help us," Rosie tried.  The Doc connected a blue suction cup to Marty's head and Rosie snickered.

   "I'm gonna read your thoughts. Let's see now. You come here from a great distance?"

   "Yes!" Rosie exclaimed, but the Doc held a finger towards her to silence her.

   "Let him answer."

   "Yeah! Exactly!" Marty exclaimed.

   "Don't tell me!" The Doc said, even though he had just asked for an answer. "You want me to buy a subscription to The Saturday Evening Post?"

   "Doc you're wrong," Rosie said, getting frustrated.

   "Not a word!" The Doc exclaimed loudly. "Uh... donations ! You want me to make a donation to the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary."

   "Close," Rosie whispered, not wanting to be yelled at again.

"Doc," Marty said, before pulling off the suction cups aggressively. "We're from the future."

"We came here in a time machine that you invented," Rosie said, walking closer to Marty.

"Now we need your help to get back to the year 1985," Marty finished.

"By God," Doc said. "Do you know what this means? It means that this damn thing doesn't work at all!"
_______________________
Please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 417 21
Cheryl Johnson and Marty McFly have been best friends since the third grade. The two of them look out for one another and care for each other. Especi...
10.1K 241 21
After the DeLorean shows up in front of Doc's garage. Y/n and Marty must go back in time to save him. When will they go this time? This book is loose...
23.6K 844 24
Book 3 in the Rock Around the Clock Series Rosie curiously moved a piece of paper, only to reveal a picture of the Doc. "Guys, look," she said, sh...
51.6K 1.3K 32
This follows the movies, the only difference is that you're in it too. Book 1 of the {Marty Mcfly x reader} series! --- 'Where are you, Marty...' I...