Dancing Under the Moonlight

By Joseph_is_Daddy

JosCarl ABO AU Where Joseph is a rich nobleman trying to find his muse, and Aesop's a simple commoner trying... More

Info!!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21(End)
Epilogue UwU
Extra 1: Jacknaib

Chapter 18

706 33 74
By Joseph_is_Daddy

Sir, we have no sightings on an omega named Aesop Carl. A man in a black uniform reports, standing stiffly in front of a large oak desk.

The man behind the desk lets out a sigh, icy blue eyes barely even shining beneath the silver mask, Search again.

Sir, it has been three years-

I said search! Joseph barks, his tone laced with frustration.

The man lowers his head, unable to face the icy gaze as he bows and leaves the study silently.

Joseph sinks back into the large armchair. It has been three years. Three years since he'd last seen his precious omega. Three years since hes smelled the sweet yellow rose and cinnamon scent he loves oh, so dearly. Three years since hes started this fruitless hunt for his omega, only to be disappointed each and every passing day.

Joseph looks out at the dark sky, the moon is shining ever so brightly tonight. Was the night just like this when his little Aesop escaped from his prison? Was the silver rays of the moonlight shining down on his figure as he ran and ran farther and farther away from him?

Joseph lets out a silent sigh as he stands up from the study to retreat to his chambers. Some of the maids step out of his large bedroom, keeping their heads low as they passed his figure. They must have just finished preparing his bath. Joseph walks over to the bathroom, locking the door before shrugging off his expensive royal purple suit and taking off his black slacks.

Joseph walks over to the pristine bathtub, stepping into the warm waters. Joseph lets his body sink into the warm water, the yellow rose petals floating on the water surrounding his figure and the faint scent of the flower filling his senses. He absentmindedly takes one of the floating petals, holding the fragile yellow petal between his fingertips. 'Aesop, all these times, all these years that have passed I cant stop thinking about you.'

Joseph lets himself soak in the water, drowning in his thoughts as the warm water turns cold. He shivers as the cold seeps beneath his skin and spreads through his body. Taking the towel set on a birch table beside the bathtub, he steps out from the water and dries his body. Putting on the silk robe hanged on the door, he steps out of the bathroom.

Joseph lies on his large bed, the silk sheets cold beneath his bare skin. He reaches for a glass bottle at the bedside. He gently squeezes the ball sprayer, the sweet scent of yellow roses and cinnamon filling the room. He lets his senses drown in the sweet scent, the scent that is so similar yet so different. So sweet yet artificial. The scent doing nothing to fill in the gaping hole in his heart yet it is the least he could do to ease the pain.

He squeezes the ball sprayer once again, but no mist would escape the bottle. Joseph looks at the bottle, the golden liquid that once filled the bottle now only traces at that coat the glass. 'Ill have to go to town tomorrow.' Taking in the last traces of yellow roses and cinnamon left in the air, Joseph falls onto the plush pillows and closes his eyes. Falling into a dreamless slumber surrounded by the faint scent of yellow roses and cinnamon.

Joseph looks out the carriage windows at the busy streets. Wolves of all ages walked through the streets decorated with golden decorations scattering across the stone path, the beautiful rose bushes lining the streets and colorful flags and balloons that hang from above. Joseph averts his gaze towards the lively crowd gathering at the two large golden poles, the golden letters on the large white banner that hanged across them spelling out, Elite Market.

Leo stops the carriage by the entrance and opens the doors for the noble to step out. Joseph takes his cane, stepping onto the stone path. He adjusts his silver mask and takes in the fresh air. Its as if nothing has changed for the past three years. The same lively crowd, the same gorgeous decorations, the same boring stands, and no craftsman.

Joseph walks through the large crowd, elites and commoners alike averting their gazes from his passing figure. He walks towards a familiar stand where an omega dressed in a purple dress mixes different kinds of perfumes, a young pup dressed in a white flowy dress and a small blue hat that covered his brown hair stands beside her holding a glass bottle. Joseph approaches the stand, the omega recognizing him and giving him a small smile.

Good morning, Moonlight. The usual? She greets in a gentle voice, taking the glass bottle from the pup who is now hiding behind her.

Yes, please, Joseph sighs, leaning his figure against the stand.

Archard, can you please fetch the cinnamon and yellow roses bottles for mommy? Vera asks the child hiding behind her.

The toddler nods and wordlessly stumbles over to the shelf, carefully taking the two bottles Vera had prepared on the counter beforehand. Vera coos at her pup, thanking the small boy as she takes the two bottles and starts preparing the perfume.

Joseph could only watch in silence as the small pup beams at his mother, big honey brown eyes shining at the praise. Would his and Aesops child be just like this? Would they be nice and obedient? Would they be a naughty rascal? Joseph scoffs at his senseless thoughts. Would Aesop even want to have a child with him?

A cough interrupts his thoughts as two figures approach the stand. A noble dressed in a midnight black and blood-red gown with the all too familiar tear-stained mask approaches the stand, a boy around the age of eleven with sandy blond hair dressed in a blue knicker outfit holds her hand. Joseph greets her.

Pleasures of seeing you here, Queen of Hearts.

Pleasures of seeing you as well, Moonlight, she greets back, gently tightening her hold on the boys hand.

The boy could only look away from the latter as he lets out an inaudible sigh. Good morning, Mr. Moonlight.

Joseph could feel the guilt stabbing his chest, a sad smile lacing his lips. Good morning, Robbie.

He watches as the child looks away and lets go of the Queen of Hearts hand and walks to the counter.

Hello, Mrs. Behamfil.

Vera looks up from the drawer she was rummaging through before turning to the pup with a smile.

Hello, Robbie, what can I do for you?

Id like a bottle of orchid and rosemary perfume to please, Robbie replies, his hand clutching the golden sovereign coins he needed for the perfume.

Sure thing. Im just about done with Moonlight Gentlemans bottle, she says as she twists the ball sprayer atop the perfume bottle and makes sure its sealed tightly.

Robbie! Robbie! The young boy squeals at the sight of the elder, clambering from behind the counter and jumping onto the latter.

Archard! Be careful! Vera scolds the pup, shaking her head.

Im fine Mrs. Behamfil! Hey, Archard! Whatve you been up to lately?

Mary watches with a smile beneath her white mask as she watches her pup patiently listen to the young toddlers babbling. Robbie has grown into such a wonderful young wolf. Surely there is nothing more she could ever ask for.

Mary averts her gaze to the other noble who was sulking on the stand, she lets out a sigh at the sight of her brothers distant blue eyes, longing painted in those blue orbs.

No luck?

None, the latter mumbles quietly, knuckles turning white as his grip tightens around his cane.

Are you going to the station after this? She questions.

Perhaps... Moonlight mutters before letting out a frustrated sigh, I dont know Ive been waiting each and every day at that train station only to leave empty-

handed again and again Im tired of this

Mary grabs his shoulders with a firm grasp, Werent you the one to vow never to give up searching for him? To never ever stop trying? What happened to that?

She scoffs as she watches her brother's eyes filling up with tears. Look, I know its been three years, but are you truly going to give up now? Please, just try this one last time.

Joseph looks into Marys eyes, desperation turning into pain-staking determination as a sad smile pokes the corner of his lips.

One last time, okay?

Joseph takes the perfume bottle, Vera, placing four sovereigns on the counter. He watches as Mary proceeds to call Robbie, the young boy immediately hugging the toddler farewell and going back to Marys side. Vera takes the toddler into her arms as she waves them goodbye, watching as the three wolves leave her stall.

Im sure he will come around soon, Moonlight Gentleman, she whispers, holding the sleepy pup close to her chest. After all, you might as well find him today, She smiles as she looks at the unassuming letter on her counter.

Joseph sits inside the carriage as the large white vehicle takes off to the stations. He sits back as he watches as the carriage passes the familiar clearing filled with the gorgeous, colorful flowers. Only along the familiar circle of dark oak trees, rows and rows of railways lie by the trees reaching off to the mountains where the next station stands and the ruins of the old village are now replaced by the grand Moonlight Railways.

The white carriage stops by the black and red carriage and Leo opens the door for Joseph to step out. Joseph steps out and gazes at the large architecture ahead. Large white pillars form a circle around a large white building. The railways lining up disappearing and reappearing from behind the building. Joseph walks closer to the building, admiring the pristine white brick walls and large tinted windows that reach up to the glass roof of the station. A large sign hangs above the two silver metal doors, Moonlight Railways it spells out in giant gold letters.

Joseph steps inside the large building, the suns rays shining through the glass ceiling onto the marble floors and marble benches that scatter across the station. The station is quite empty. Most of the people arrive in the early mornings for the Elite Markets, with the sun up high in the noon, it is no question why the station is particularly empty. Joseph hears two sets of footsteps approaching his figure and the humming of a familiar, melancholic lullaby. He turns to see the Queen of Hearts and Robbie walking towards him.

Is the next train going to arrive soon, Moonlight? she asks looking at one of the many marble statues that decorate the station, their solemn expressions permanently etched into their faces.

In quite a while now, he mutters as he stares at the breathtaking scenery of the forest behind the rails, funny how nature seems unchanged throughout the years.

The two adults chatter passes through Robbies ears like the passing wind. He isnt interested in their talks. Robbie lets go of his mamas hand as he ventures off around the large station. He waves to the beta by the lavish reception, the young man smiling whilst waving back at him. His eyes travel to the various statues that fill the station, their grand marble figures always taking his breath away every time he visits the station.

Robbie reaches the far end of the station where a small garden area fills the spot. The light from the glass ceilings shine down onto the rather large patch of green grass, yellow rose bushes, and golden figurines decorating the garden. His eyes land onto the main attraction.

A beautiful fountain stands at the center of the garden. Two marble women, one with emeralds for eyes in a gold dress stare into the obsidian eyes of the other who also wears a similar gold dress. The two women hold a golden jug where crystal clear water flows onto the large marble bowl by their stone feet. On that bowl, a golden plate spells out Violetta and Yidhra Rosemary.

Robbie lets out a sigh as he takes a seat on a large stone by the statue. The rays of the sun shining onto their gemstone eyes, their chiseled faces looking so happy together. Robbie could feel his eyes turn tearful as he remembers their real warm smiles. He misses them so much.

Mom, he whispers, Its me, Robbie.

Im sorry I havent visited often he tells the two statues, their expression still so joyful.

I just had my birthday, mama gave me a large strawberry cake and I saw a lot of the pack members at the party. Uncle Naibs son made Uncle Elis baby cry it was quite the funny sight, he giggles remembering how the toddler ran off screaming for his parents when the small infant started wailing.

Auntie Helena is pregnant, I wonder how their childs going to be

The two statues still stand in the peaceful silence, the sound of water flowing fills the small garden.

Mama has been taking care of me well! But he sighs, gazing into the statues shimmering eyes. I miss you both so much

The sound of an oncoming train could be heard from a distance. The high pitched whistles growing louder and louder.

I must take my leave now farewell, Robbie says quietly as he jumps off the rock and walking back to where his mama is standing.

Unbeknownst to him, two transparent figures stand by the statue dressed in flowing white dresses, serene smiles painted on their faces as they watch their son run off.

Joseph watches as the incoming train screeches to a stop, its sleek black exterior shining beneath the sunlight. Joseph walks towards the many carriages of the train, looking through the many windows for the familiar grey locks. 'Nothing'

Joseph sighs as he takes out the perfume to spray some of the mist when all of a sudden, the glass bottle slips out of his hands and shatter against the marble floors.

Notes~

anna oop

sad joseph hours

(can grammarly stop autocorrecting Archard to RICHARD!1!! His name is Archard damn it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 73 12
[OPEN REQUESTS] "why are you running from me, sweetheart?" ⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆ yandere jujutsu kaisen x reader oneshots cover art made by @_3aem on X/twitt...
81.8K 2.3K 49
tw⚠⚠: modern!au and omegaverse!au Being a 26 years old omega was tough for kakyoin. as other omegas should have a mate at the age 18 so they can help...
2.6K 103 1
a #BossNoeul oneshot ABO au wherein - lee noeul (o) is the pampered son of the most well-known chaebol in South Korea. however, despite his reputatio...
55.8K 3.4K 32
Alpha Jeon jungkook, heir apparent to the Busna Pack has no desire to find his true mate and be forced to take over the pack from his alpha father. H...