Breaking Steele Walls

Bởi Miss_Krys

Krystal Hastings - A nurse working in New York City who shares a huge apartment with five of her best friends... Xem Thêm

Breaking Steel Walls
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 10

57.1K 1.7K 114
Bởi Miss_Krys

Krystal stood outside and gazed up at the tall building. Steel Corporations was written at the top in big formal letters. The building stood tall and proud in the middle of Manhattan.

When she had picked up her phone, Jason quickly snapped at her and told her to come to his office. He hung up before she could even reply, or say anything for that matter. Someone was obviously not in a good mood. She honestly didn't know what compelled her to come but maybe she was just curious as to what he had to say.

She carefully made her way to the front entrance and walked in. As soon as she did, she felt out of place. Men and women everywhere was dressed in formal business suits while Krystal on the other hand was wearing some black skinny jeans and a maroon sweater.

After looking around for a bit she finally spotted the receptionist desk and walked towards it.

The receptionist was a young blonde that was wearing a white button up shirt with a black pencil skirt and black blazer. She was young and pretty, but she looked like the bitchy type. Krystal decided she wasn't going to judge her before she even talked to her.

She was typing on her keyboard and didn't look up until Krystal made it up to her desk and cleared her throat.

As her eyes landed on Krystal, she openly scowled at Krystal's clothing.

"Sorry but we are not buying whatever you are trying to sell." Yep, definitely the bitchy type.

"I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm here to see Jason Steel."

"Name please?"

"Krystal Hastings"

She scrolled down the list of appointments. "I'm sorry. I don't see an appointment for a Krystal Hastings. If you would like to see Mr. Steel you will need to book a meeting with him. His next available appointment would be about," she scrolled down some more, "six months from now."

"What? No, I don't need to make an appointment. He already knows I'm coming."

"Look. This is a place of business. We don't have time to deal with people like you."

Krystal was annoyed by now. "Look. I don't even want to see your stupid boss. He called me. So just let me go."

"I'm afraid I have to call security," the receptionist said while she picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Oh my gosh!" Krystal yelled in frustration. "Can't you just call Jason? He'll sort this out!"

"Mr. Steel has much more important matters to take care of instead of dealing with these type of issues. "

Just then, security came. The receptionist pointed a perfectly manicured finger at Krystal before Krystal was roughly grabbed by her by the arms and being dragged out. She tried her best to break loose from their hold. Key word: tried.

The two security men were well over six foot and had huge, bulging muscles. They both wore black pants and tight, black v-neck shirts that made them look even more muscular and tough.

The blonde receptionist just stood at the side of her desk with arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

Krystal dug the heels of her foot into floor as best as she could and flailed her arms around to try and loosen the grip they had on her. She was sure she would have bruises on her arm the next morning.

"Wait! Wait! Just, just hold on a sec."

The two bodyguards stopped but still kept a hold on her arms. As hard as she could, she jerked her arms out of their hands. They took a step towards her but stopped when Krystal put her hand out with her index finger up, indicating for them to hold up a sec.

When they made no move to get her, she took her phone out and dialed a number.

"Jason Steel," she heard a deep voice bark from the other side.

"Call off your guard dogs." Was the first thing she said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Look. Your the one who called me over so you need to call off your security and tell your bitch receptionist to let me up." She hung up before he could reply.

A few seconds later a ringing could be heard from the reception desk.

The receptionist went around the desk and answered her phone.

"Steel Corporations. How may I help you?"

Krystal and the two guards watched as the receptionists face visibly paled.

"All right Mr. Steel..... Understood sir." She hung up the phone and blankly stared at it for a few seconds. When she composed herself she turned towards Krystal and the guards.

"Let her up immediately," was all she said.

Krystal smirked. She confidently walked towards the elevator and got in. When she was inside, she looked back to see that all three people were still standing in the same places she left them. She clicked on the button for the top floor, which was were Jason's office was located at.

The elevator made a ding sound signaling that she was at her desired floor. There was another reception desk with an older lady that looked to be in her mid-forties. When Krystal walked up to her desk, she looked up at Krystal with a warm smile.

"Hello. You must be Sapphire. Mr. Steel has just informed me that you were on your way up. Just go down that hallway and it'll bring you straight to his office."

Krystal rolled her eyes but sent her a grateful smile anyways. She wasn't sure if he purposely gets her name wrong just to irritate her or if he genuinely didn't remember her name. "My name's actually Krystal but thank you." 

"Krystal," the woman repeated.

She headed down the hallway before she suddenly stopped and turned around. "I'm sorry. I didn't catch your name. You know mine but I don't know yours."

The women laughed. "Just call me Barbara."

"Barbara," Krystal said in a whisper as if testing out her name. She nodded her head and gave a nice smile. "Thank you again Barbara. I'll see you later."

She turned around again and headed off towards Jason's office.

At the end of the hallway was two large double doors which Krystal assumed led to Jason's office. Beside the doors to the right was a desk with a black haired guy sitting and typing into a computer. He was handsome and had a geekly chic style to him. He had big, square framed glasses and a dark navy suit with a white button up underneath and was probably about twenty three or so years old.

Krystal walked up to his desk, which caused him to look up. He smiled a boyish smile that showed his dimples and stood up while outstretching his hand.

"Hi. I'm Derek Morgan, Mr. Steel's assistant."

Krystal laughed. "Oh my gosh! Like Criminal Minds! (To anyone who doesn't know, there's a character in Criminal Minds whose name is Derek Morgan. This Derek Morgan, however, is not played by Shemar Moore. ) Hi, I'm Krystal. I'm here to see Jason."

Derek's smile faltered a bit in surprise when he heard her address his boss by his first name. He had never heard anyone do that before but Jason's parents or Liam. "Ah, yes. Mr. Steel has informed me, though I was expecting a Sapphire and not a Krystal. Just head in through those doors when you're ready."

Krystal smiled. "Thank you."

Without knocking, she pulled open the door and walked inside. The first thing she noticed was how big the room was. It had everything from a couch to a huge TV to the amazing views from the floor to ceiling windows all around the office.

Jason's deep annoyed voice brought her out of her thoughts. "Why didn't you knock?"

Krystal turned to face him and saw that he was sitting behind a huge desk with piles of paper and other office stuff on it. She rolled her eyes. "You already knew I was coming. I didn't need to knock because you were expecting me."

"Even if I was expecting you, you still need to knock."

"Whatever," she said while shrugging. She made her way over to the chairs in front of his desk and sat in one. "Do you always make it a point to get my name wrong? Or do you genuinely not know it?"

He didn't answer her.

"So, what was it you needed to talk about."

Jason leaned back in his seat. No need to beat around the bush. "I hear you set up a date with Liam and your friend tomorrow?"

"Best friend," Krystal corrected. "And yes I did. What about it?"

Jason leaned forward and clasped his hands. It looked like he was about to discuss a business proposal or something. "I need to know more about your friend. What school she went to, what she does for a living, criminal records. Regular background things."

Krystal's temper started to flare. "Why do you need to know that? She not some psycho killer or anything."

"Ah, but the thing is, she could be. How am I suppose to know if I don't have a background check on her?"

Krystal stood up and threw her hands up in the air. "Why do you even want to know?" She was pissed now. Did he think that she would set Liam up with a psycho killer? No, she set him up with her best friend. Her best friend that she has known since middle school. She didn't need no background check done.

Jason looked as calm as ever as he said, "Liam has been my best friend since we were kids. I won't let him go out with some random girl whose probably after his money."

"Liv's not after his money. She's not that type of person. I never even told her what he does for a living let alone his full name."

Jason nodded his head. "Hmm.. I would still like to have a background check done on her though."

"Didn't I already tell you? She doesn't need to have a background check. That is her private information and hers only. You don't have the right to check everything about her just because your best friend is going on a date with her!"

Jason narrowed his eyes at her. "Liam is like a brother to me. I'll be damned if I just let him go out with a girl I know nothing about. He would do the exact same for me."

Krystal thought about it for a bit. She sort of understood what Jason was talking about. She loved Liv like a sister and if she could, she would also do a background check on all the guys Liv would go on dates with. She only wanted the best for her best friend. So, in a way, she kind of understood where Jason was coming from.

Krystal sighed in defeat. "I guess I know what you mean. I would do the exact same thing for her. But what your doing is still wrong."

They sat in silence for a bit, each lost in their own thoughts.

After what seemed like a few minutes, Krystal straightened up in her seat and had on a mischievous smile. All traces of being pissed off were long gone.

"How about we follow them tomorrow?" she asked.

"What?"

"Come on, think about it. You wanted to know what kind of person she is. What better way than to follow them around? Plus, I would love to see how their date goes! It's a win-win!"

Jason thought about it for a bit. He would get to see how this Liv girl is and, he would never admit it, but he was curious on how their date would go as well. He knew he was probably going to regret this later but he nodded his head anyways.

"Okay, I'm in."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Date Today: 12/22/14

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

14.9M 702K 59
When Hailey Evans, an aspirant employee of the marketing department in one of the most wealthiest companies in the states finds herself in trouble wi...
113K 3.3K 49
[Featured on @YARomance, @NA, @Teenfiction, @Contemporarylit] "I feel him lean closer towards me and softly whispers into my ear, 'I just want the be...
5.4M 222K 75
Hate at first sight, revenge at next and then comes total chaos! ∆∆∆ "The ones you love the most have the power to hurt you the most." Vanessa Cather...
348K 12.6K 46
Maddison Clark recently transferred to a college closer to her mom. She's new to the San Francisco area. When the social elite, Sebastian E. Lockhart...