Not Your Ordinary Millionaire...

By 2129887Hb

After losing her job, witnessing her boyfriend under the covers with another, and throwing up on a stranger... More

Driving All Day And Night
The Office
Meeting One Another
Voice Of An Angel
Contract Of Marriage
Taking A Day Off
Dinner With The Hallidays
Decorating For Christmas
New Years Phone Calls
Being Sick
Shopaholic For A Wife
Kissing And Canning Jam
Jealous Husband
Valentines Ball
Stress
New York
Cheating On One Another
I Just Won't Tell You
Happy Birthday
Forgiveness
Easter
A Second Engagement
The Press Conference
Mother's News
Doubt
An Unrequited Love
His Side of the Story
Treating Harry
First Trip Together
Decietful Liza
A Break from Josie
My Thing with Ryan
We Just Don't Belong Together
All Alone
Sophia
Trust
Sophia's Secret
Epilogue

Flirting

2.7K 125 4
By 2129887Hb

*Harry*

I got on the plane and sat next to Liza in Japan. Ten hours of sitting in the air, yay. I checked my phone one last time before putting it on airplane mode and became heavy chested when I didn't see anything from Josie. She didn't even buy anything today. I read a business book and looked over some paperwork until my eyes hurt. I looked out the window after putting my things away and thought of Josie.

"Liza," I began, turning towards her. She was reading a book, but put it aside immediately. I kind of felt embarrassed for my next question. "How—how do you impress a g—girl?" She smiled.

"Having trouble with the Mrs?" I shook my head.

"There is nothing wrong with Josie and I. I just ... I told you that I didn't want to be in a loveless marriage and I stupidly got myself into one."

"No you haven't."

"What?" Liza took a sip of her water bottle. She was in jeans and a sweater. I myself was in slacks and a jacket.

"You like her, right? So at least the loveless part is only one sided."

"That's not comforting."

"Okay, how to impress a girl ... Let's see. I think all I can say is just give her attention. That's all I can say to you. You have all the money in the world and if she isn't impressed by just that then leave her. Call her spoiled."

"A woman isn't spoiled if she doesn't like a man's money. She's actually the opposite."

"Fine, but you're wealthy, you bought her a house, you got her a record deal, and her kid is going to grow up spoiled. All I can say, is just give her your attention. Do you do that after work?" I looked out the window. "There's your problem. Mr. Robinson, are you scared?"

"Maybe. I'm scared she wants nothing to do with me. I'm scared she just wants to enjoy herself and take advantage of the opportunity I have given her in being rich and having anything she could ever ask for. I don't think she likes me as much as I like her."

"Didn't she call you the other day because she missed you? She even called me to check up on you. For all I can tell, she's kind of clingy." I turned to Liza.

"Is clingy good?"

"Some guys like that. But most don't." I nodded.

"So I should ... should stay home with her more often?"

"You could do that. But don't let her get in the way of your business. You've worked way too hard to let it just crumble because of some woman."

"You talk like a business man."

"I talk like a business woman. Same thing goes for a girl. Don't let a man get in the way. Don't let love distract you."

"But Mr. Halliday made it sound like I had to be married to be successful."

"Mr. Halliday is old fashioned. He probably believes a woman can't run a successful business on her own." I didn't want to argue and I didn't know what to say after that. I think my secretary realized that and decided to answer my first initial question. "To get a girl to like you, show her that you care."

Haven't I done that!? I kept telling her when we first got married that I wanted to take care of her and her baby!

"You might think buying a house for her and giving her a credit card is caring but it's not. I mean the care when she cries. Or when she complains about something. Show her that you care about her. That you are willing to listen and help her through anything."

Last night's phone call came to mind and I mentally slapped myself. I should have shown more love to her before I abruptly ended our call.

"So, care. Next is to be around her. A girl can't like you if she doesn't ever see you. Get off of work sooner. Make plans with her. Spend time with her in the morning. Now, be around her more. Next you want to congratulate her on accomplishments and compliment her on something she does well." I nodded and smiled to myself because I already do that. "Compliment her. Then, I think the last thing is to just make eye contact with her and kiss her. Don't be shy. Girls like a man who is confident in himself. Of course not too cocky." I nodded once more.

"Thank you, Liza." She shrugged.

"These are the ways I at least notice a man." I looked back out the window and Liza went back to her book. I soon fell asleep and woke up just in time to watch the plane fly by the Space Needle.

After getting off the plane and collecting our luggage, I got a taxi for Liza. I then got myself a taxi and headed home. I pulled out my phone and went to text Josie that I was back and on my way home but I decided against it and decided to surprise her.

I walked through the doors and Josie walked into the entrance way while wiping her hands on a kitchen towel.

"Harry!"

"Hi, Josie." We walked towards each other and I wanted to hug her, she kept coming closer and I didn't know if I should hug her!

"How was Japan?" She hugged me and I patted her back, relieved that she decided for me.

"It was boring."

"Well, good thing you're back. I'm not boring."

"No you are not." I said lowly. She heard me as she turned around slightly with a smirk when she began walking back to the kitchen. I took off my coat and followed her.

"Do you need help putting your things upstairs?"

"No, I can take care of it."

"Try this!" She struck her finger in pudding and held it up to my face. I swallowed and grew a red tint in my cheeks. I allowed her finger to go into my mouth then she withdrew it.

"It's good. I like chocolate."

"Thanks." She playfully flipped her hair and I smiled. Compliment her.

"You're so good at baking." I said.

"Thank you. I like to think one day I'll open a cafe or a bakery."

"What about singing?" I chuckled.

"One thing at a time." She winked.

I unpacked my bags and came back downstairs when Josie announced that dinner was ready.

"I made steak, fried potatoes, and broccoli."

"Smells delicious." I sat down at the set table and Josie gave me a plate of food. "Oh, I got you something in Tokyo." I reached for the bag that I had brought downstairs with me and gave it to her. She smiled and put her hand inside.

"Oh, Harry, thank you." It was a music box.

"I wanted to bring you back a souvenir and when I saw it I thought of you. You're like a music box yourself."

"And a porcupine." She giggled. The music box was a little pink box that could fit in the palm of someone's hand. On top of it was a cute little porcupine. In the back of the box was a little cranker, and when you turned it a few times, music played when you opened the box. It was a Japanese melody and I didn't know it.

"I thought the porcupine was cute." I said.

"I guess I am cute." I chuckled softly.

The next day I was back at work and life went on as usual. Or so I thought. Josie came at lunch and told me she was there to steal me away from the office. I was very surprised but kept repeating the steps of getting a girl to like you in my head given to me by Liza.

• Care about her.
• Spend time with her.
• Compliment her.
• Make eye contact and kiss her.

We left the building together and she took me to a restaurant. She claimed it to be her treat but she used my credit card. I didn't mind at all.

"How is work so far today?" She asked before our food got to us.

"Good." I've been thinking of you!

"That's good." Our food came and I slowly ate it. I ate slowly because I was distracted in watching my wife eat like it was her last meal. I smiled until she caught me staring. I looked away before I could see her smug look.

"How is your food?" I asked.

"Oh, it's delicious. But I think everything is delicious since getting pregnant. I need to start watching what I eat."

"Is it hard to be pregnant?"

"Ha-ha, that's random." I shrugged. "I don't know quite yet. I mean every now and then I throw up especially in the morning but I don't have swollen ankles and my back doesn't hurt. And I don't have to run to the bathroom every ten minutes just yet." I chuckled. "I warn you now that I might not be the prettiest sight in the next coming months."

"Ha-ha!"

After lunch Josie drove us back to the office and she hugged me goodbye. It was an awkward hug from the side but I took it. When I got home, I found Josie looking at a music catalog at the kitchen counter.

"Can we get a piano?" She asked upon my entry into the front room.

"I don't see why not. Where would you want to put it? What size do you want?" I wanted to place 'dear' at the end of my question but was able to not stutter as I took it back in my head.

"I want a grand piano. Made of the finest quality. And I want it smack down in the middle of the house. So that everyone in the household can hear my beautiful playing."

"Now," I began in a fatherly voice, "if I get you a piano you have to take care of it and play it and clean it. Do we have a deal?"

"Yes, sir!" She saluted me and I smiled.

"Anything for you, dear," I finally said, but I was still using my teasing tone. So of course she didn't see that as anything more than playing house. "I have a late Christmas present for you."

"Oooo! I like presents." Josie came over to me and I went to the front door and grabbed the box and grocery bag I had bought earlier after work.

"It's a vinyl record player. And here, a few artists that I think you might like. I set the giant box that held the suitcase like record player inside on the counter, then I gave Josie the grocery bag that had a few records.

"Ha! Dirty Dancing!" She said as she pulled out the first record.

"Well, you practically told me the whole movie on our last phone call when I said I've never seen it. I thought you would like the playlist of all the songs in the movie."

"Thank you! I love it!"

"Look at the others."

She grabbed out Frank Sinatra, ABBA, The Eagles, The Beatles, and Christmas music.

"You seem to like Christmas music so I thought you would want to listen to some classics classically."

She came up and hugged me. I didn't hug back as my hands were sweaty in my pockets. She squeezed me tighter and thanked me.

"I was just thinking of you."

"I know." She said, withdrawing from me. I was mentally begging her not to let me go.

We had dinner then Josie made me watch Dirty Dancing. We sat in the home entertainment center on a love seat. We watched the whole movie through then Josie grew sleepy. She snuggled into me and moaned.

"Thanks for watching a movie with me. I hope you liked it." She said in a tired tone with her eyes closed. I grew stiff not knowing what to do.

Should I help her to bed?

"Come on," I nudged playfully. "Let's get you to bed." She smiled lazily and linked our arms together. She hung onto me and walked into me a few times up the stairs and down the hall, but I didn't mind one bit. I liked her in this goofy, tipsy mood. She's so cute. She was in leggings and a pink sweater when I got home. Earlier at lunch she wore furry boots and tight, dark jeans along with a blue jacket. Her hair was in a bun all day and man did she pull it off.

I sat Josie on her bed and she crawled in. I tucked her in and chuckled along with her giggles. Then I left saying goodnight to her.

I went back downstairs and grabbed two beers. I did some paperwork then fell asleep in my office.

*Josie*

I made sure to go to Harry's work everyday to take him out to lunch. At first I thought he would get tired of me taking him from the office but I knew it was working when he began texting me and notifying me when he had a meeting and to just wait in his office. He began expecting me to come. That's good.

We always went somewhere different. And we always talked about something different. I told Harry more about my dad and more about my childhood. He told me about his dad and a little bit about growing up in England and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Harry was different from Mark, Joey, and Ryan. All of them were guys who hated suits and hated manners. Harry drank more than either of them but he was a gentlemen always. Even when he was drunk on Christmas Eve, he was kind to me. He let me take care of him. What separates Harry from my past three boyfriends is the fact that he's not scared to show weakness. He's also two times smaller than the others. But he's taller. He's a complete foot taller than me. I love our height difference. It's perfect for when I go to hug him. Just right around the waist.

I was now nine weeks pregnant. And a little pudge began to grow in my abdomen. If I was going to make Harry fall in love with me, I needed to do it fast. Or he'll think of me fat and annoying once I start getting bigger.

When he came home, a week after New Years, he sneezed and coughed into his elbow every five minutes. He avoided me after that for four days, in fear of getting me and the baby sick.

But he got me sick, and it was time for me to use Carl's advice on keeping the workaholic husband at home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.7K 2K 40
Mistakes lead to the future!!! Belonging to royal society yet deprived of all luxuries. That doesn't sound good, right? But it happens!! Arawn Edwa...
5.2M 192K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
4.2K 100 13
Step into a world of romance and laughter as Lily, the bright-eyed college intern, finds herself assisting the enigmatic CEO, Alex, a man ten years h...
2.3K 85 14
WRONG BRIDE - CORRECT BRIDE Regardless of being a self- made Billionaire, the untamed billionaire Antonio is the heir apparent to his Father's stinky...