Not Your Ordinary Millionaire...

By 2129887Hb

After losing her job, witnessing her boyfriend under the covers with another, and throwing up on a stranger... More

Driving All Day And Night
The Office
Meeting One Another
Voice Of An Angel
Contract Of Marriage
Taking A Day Off
Decorating For Christmas
New Years Phone Calls
Flirting
Being Sick
Shopaholic For A Wife
Kissing And Canning Jam
Jealous Husband
Valentines Ball
Stress
New York
Cheating On One Another
I Just Won't Tell You
Happy Birthday
Forgiveness
Easter
A Second Engagement
The Press Conference
Mother's News
Doubt
An Unrequited Love
His Side of the Story
Treating Harry
First Trip Together
Decietful Liza
A Break from Josie
My Thing with Ryan
We Just Don't Belong Together
All Alone
Sophia
Trust
Sophia's Secret
Epilogue

Dinner With The Hallidays

3K 139 11
By 2129887Hb

*Harry*

I helped Josie unpack and settle in then she helped me unpack and settle in since I had a few more things. Books, kitchen appliances, movies, CDs, and little trinkets is what we helped one another decide where to put. The pizza arrived and we watched a movie while eating it.

When we sat down for the movie, we sat about a foot apart. When I woke up the next morning, my arm was around Josie and she was snuggling into my chest. She fit so perfectly in my arms. I nudged her awake and she scrambled off of me.

"Sorry," I shook my head. I got ready for work and thought it be a good time to tell Josie to quit.

"Oh, you look so nice in your new, navy suit!" She came up to me upon seeing me descend the stairs.

"I think you should quit."

"And what, become a stay home mom?"

"No, you're going to be a singer. I just don't want to be married to my own company's mailroom girl." She blushed and looked down at her toes. She was still in the clothes from yesterday and I felt bad for not helping her to her bed last night when she fell asleep during the movie.

"Right. I'm okay with that."

"I'll tell your boss."

"Wait, are you going to tell everyone that we're married?"

"Well, I kind of have to. You're now the face of my company—don't worry, you don't have to give speeches or anything. You might get a few interviews every now and then but being the wife of a millionaire is different from being the wife of a politician or pop star. In fact, I should be the one worrying to be a husband of a singer. You'll get more crap from the press and the public being a singer than being my wife." I slipped on my winter coat after changing.

"So what am I supposed to do while you're at work?"

I shrugged. I gave her a credit card. "Buy whatever you want."

"Whatever?"

"Surprise me."

I went to work, and told Liza that I was married. She said that I had my dinner with Mr. Halliday tonight at five. I texted that to Josie and she texted back an okay emoji. Throughout the day, my phone kept buzzing as my wife kept buying things. At first I thought she would buy herself more clothes but I actually got a whole grocery list and ... Christmas decorations.

I told her to buy whatever she wanted. And I want her to be happy. I know she likes Christmas so I'm going to allow her to decorate my house with it. But man, when I get home, I am going to need some strong whisky.

*****

I got home at four and found the place covered like Santa's own shop was here. There were lights on the front of the house and inside there was a Christmas tree along with the delicious smell of cookies. I looked at the counter and found multiple cookies of different kinds. The kitchen had two ovens and Josie used that to her advantage. There was bread, cake, cupcakes, and cookies. The Christmas tree was real and the smell of it was strong. But there weren't any decorations on it.

I called out to Josie and she didn't respond. Then I heard music coming from upstairs in her bathroom. I went up there and went inside her room, not really thinking everything through.

I walked into her bathroom, in which the door was wide open, and knocked on the doorframe.

"Hey, are you—" my eyes grew big as I found my wife in just a red braw and matching underwear. I whipped around and faced my back towards her.

Josie gasped and grabbed a towel.

"I'm so sorry, Josie! I—I didn't mean to walk in on you half dressed!"

I then heard laughing.

"It's okay, Harry. I've been naked in front of a man before." I scrunched up my nose at that thought. "And actually, what dress should I wear." I turned around and Josie had lost the towel. I turned my back on her in an instant once more. For a minute I waited. She then said my name and I turned around. She was wearing a beautiful white dress.

"That's lovely," I said with a bit of red tint to my cheeks.

"Wait. I have another. I bought these today. And if you don't like them, I'm taking them back. I nodded and turned back around, waiting for my name to be called again. Once it was, I turned to find Josie in a very sexy red dress.

"White one. Definitely the white one." I immediately responded.

"What? But I kind of like this one more."

"Josie, Mr. Halliday will cheat on his wife with you if he sees you in that dress." Josie threw her head back and laughed. I chuckled and she changed back into the white dress.

I waited for her to do a few more touch ups with her strawberry blond hair then guided her down the stairs.

"You made a lot of cookies."

"Yeah, I wanted to make some for a homeless shelter I passed by earlier this day."

"What did you not do today?"

"Solve world hunger." I shook my head. "Well, I got up, went to the grocery store, then I went and got lights for outside, a tree, and ornaments, then I saw the homeless shelter and went back to the store and bought a bunch of cooking supplies. I baked all afternoon and got help by the gardener with getting the lights up and the tree in the house."

"When do you plan on delivering the cookies?"

"Tomorrow morning." I just simply nodded and couldn't believe the kind of woman I'm married to. "Oh, and when you texted me that we had the dinner tonight, I went out and bought some dresses."

"Both dresses are very pretty."

"Thank you," I led her to the car then drove to the restaurant. 

"So, what's gonna be our story?" I asked, only five minutes from the place.

"Story? What story?"

"How did we meet? How long have we known each other?"

"Why are you asking me? You're the mastermind behind all this."

"You're a girl. Girls are better at this than guys. Especially a guy like me."

"I think we should just tell the truth. We met five years ago in London. I was there for a college trip and you were there 'cause you lived there. We hung out for a week until I had to leave back to the states. We lost contact with one another only to fatefully meet back up again in Seattle. I moved here from New York to try out something new and just so happened to be working for you. Then, our eyes met, and we were entranced with one another. And you couldn't wait any longer to be reunited with your Juliet."

"Hah, Juliet?"

"Fine, Daisy."

"I like Daisy more. Because I'm a self made rich man and you were totally hitting on me while you had a boyfriend." She rolled her eyes. "Now, what about the baby?"

"What about the baby?"

"Well, you're not showing but ... "

"If it comes up I'll just say we had a short-gun wedding." I swallowed hard. Lying to someone's face is hard for me to do. I was breaking out in a cold sweat lying about having a wife to Mr. Halliday. I should have put on like sweat repellent deodorant or something before we left. "Don't be nervous." My Daisy said. I turned and smiled at her.

"I'll try not to be."

I gave the keys to the valet once we showed up and met with Mr. and Mrs. Halliday.

I shook hands with him and his wife then gestured to Josie. "This is my wife, Josie."

"It's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Robinson." I had placed my hand on the small of her back and I felt her stiffen at the use of the new name for her. Part of me felt bad that I totally stole this girl from her family without their permission.

We sat down and I pulled out a chair for my wife. She sat down and thanked me. She leaned over once I was seated and whispered, "I've never had a guy pull out my chair or even open my car door,"

"You're kidding." She shook her head.

*Josie*

The food soon came as well as the question that Harry and I answered in the car. "So," Mrs. Halliday began, "how did the two of you meet?"

I reiterated everything I said in the car and Harry just nodded along.

"And how long have the two of you been married?" The older woman, who looked absolutely gorgeous in her old age, asked me. We were at a rectangular table and we sat in couples on either side of the table. Man sat across from man and woman across from woman.

"Five weeks."

"Two weeks." Harry and I both said at the same time. We looked at each other and chuckled nervously.

"What we mean is," my husband began, "that we got married in a church five weeks ago but only got the marriage license two weeks ago." The older couple nodded.

"How long have you two been married?" I asked.

"Oh," Mrs. Halliday blushed. "My, What is it, honey?"

Mr. Halliday gave his wife a sweet smile and took her hand. He kissed it and my heart melted at old love. "It's been forty-two years since you made the mistake of marrying me." She giggled and he smiled.

"You can hardly call it a mistake. More like the best decision I ever made." They kissed and I caught Harry looking away and clearing his throat.

"Harry," Mrs. Halliday began, "how did you propose to Josie?" Harry took a large gulp of wine and I took a large gulp of my water.

"I said, 'Josie, I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. What do you say? Marry me?' And we were out at dinner." I nodded with a red face. Harry didn't love me. I wonder if he ever will. Mrs. Halliday looked at our drinks and smiled.

"Josie, are you not feeling well? You are awfully puffy tonight."

"Honey," Mr. Halliday warned.

"No, no. It's just, Josie didn't ask for any wine. I was just wondering if she wasn't feeling very well. And you have turned red as a tomato, dear." Harry hiccuped and looked away blushing. "You as well, Mr. Robinson."

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"Oh I knew it! I knew it. This is the best wine I have ever had and I was wondering why you turned it down. How far along are you?"

"A little over six weeks."

"Aw. That explains having a wedding so suddenly at a church." Harry cleared his throat.

"Harry," Mr. Robinson began, "I'll be honest. I didn't think you were married. When you told me you were, I tried looking for a ring. But you had your hands in your pockets. So I asked to meet you and your wife. Just seeing her though wasn't proof enough. But knowing now that she's pregnant and seeing how comfortable you two are around each other, there is no denying you two were made for one another."

"Thank you, sir." Harry said.

"But I have one more test for you," Harry gave a fake laugh.

"I'm sure we'll pass it." He grabbed my hand on top of the table. Act like a couple. Act like a couple. I smiled and squeezed his hand in return, giving him a loving look.

"Kiss her." Harry went stiff and his smile suddenly became fake.

"Josie and I prefer not to give affection in public such as kissing one another."

"Oh come on, kiss her!" I looked at Harry who nervously turned towards me and gently smiled. He pecked my lips and I had to stop myself from laughing as he raised his chest up and down as if he just defused a bomb. Little did I know that that was his first kiss in his life.

"Give her a real kiss!" Mrs. Robinson cheered. Some of the other people trying to enjoy their dinner glanced over at us. I educate my husband with my mouth.

I cupped Harry's boney cheek and slammed my lips against his chapped ones. I had my eyes closed but something told me the millionaire's were wide open in shock. I shifted my lips when he kissed back. He placed one hand on my hand that was cupping his cheek and pushed into the kiss. Oh Ryan. I burst my eyes open and pulled away. Mr. and Mrs. Halliday clapped and a few others in the restaurant, making both Harry's and my faces as red as ketchup. We stay silent all the way home and didn't say a word until we got there.

"Thank you, for tonight." Harry said.

"No problem. Dinner was really good. I'm glad I got to eat it."

"Well, have a good sleep."

"You, too." Harry ran upstairs and shut his bedroom door. I turned off all the lights downstairs and walked to my own bedroom.

I laid in bed thinking about the kiss. Harry really got into it. But Ryan. Why did I have to think about my ex's lips at that moment!? I guess I haven't kissed a man since kissing Ryan. Oh Ryan, why am I still thinking of you? I'm fricken married for goodness sake! What am I doing!? I'm living with a man who is willing to care for me and my child and care for us. Anything a person could ask for. But I loved Ryan. And Harry and I don't love each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
1.7M 50.4K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
47.1K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
35.5K 2.3K 64
------------- The Story Description --------------- It's a story about a businessman and a orphan girl... Jeon Jungkook..the CEO of Jeon corporation...