ETHEREAL

By namelessmystery

UNEDITED |Freya Livingston| has always liked being alone it's not that nobody wanted to be her friend it's m... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Author's Note
Check out my other books
Current Cover

Chapter 22

4.9K 144 41
By namelessmystery

[Luca Santiago]

Fuck, it was hot. That's all that was repeating in my head as the scorching hot sun beamed brightly at everyone. If I didn't get out of this heat quickly I'm gonna be as red as a lobster.

Some students tried to get in their cars to cool off but the A/C was basically rendered useless as it just blew out more hot air. Of course we had to have the fire alarm go off on the day we have record breaking temperatures. Was there even an actual fire?

I was busy fanning myself as I saw Andrés making his way towards the front.

"What the hell is he doing?" I questioned as I saw Andrés running back towards the school building despite the protesting yell of Principal Hansen.

I was about to go follow him but Jake held me back.

"Dude what do you think you're doing? You'll just get in trouble, I'm pretty sure this is just another one of Andres's stupid pranks." He did have a point, but Andrés looked too serious for this to have been one of his pranks and plus he knows not to mess with fire.

Jake failed to hold me back as my curiosity got the best of me so I quietly made my way inside. I followed the noise of banging doors and eventually found him trying to open the door for the rooftop staircase.

"Andrés what the hell are you doing?" I ask watching him cautiously as he pushed the door, what confused me even more is the look of relief he gave.

I haven't seen that look from him in a while.

"I'm pretty sure Freya is stuck in there and she's been locked in." As if my body responded to Freya's name I instantly made my to the door and started kicking it with all my might.

It didn't take long before the door started giving in and we finally busted it open but the sight I saw made my heart jump.

There Freya was, on the ground completely unconscious. How long has she been here?

Andrés instantly went by her side before I could and as soon as he tried to pick her up he instantly winced and held onto his left shoulder.

"You carry her out I'll go grab her stuff." He said with the look of defeat.

To say I was a bit surprised was a understatement, I thought that he'd be stubborn and try to carry her regardless.

I kneeled by Freya's side and carried her bridal style, her body was so warm and it was surprising how much heat her body radiated.

I left without waiting for Andrés and as soon as I made it out Principal Hansen was right by my side.

"Oh dear, Mr.Santiago what happened to her?" He asked as actual fear laced in his voice.

I try not scoff since the only reason he's probably worried is because of the amount of funding he gets from Freya's family and mine.

Freya's parents isn't gonna like this.

There was a fire truck and ambulance waiting out front and as soon as one of the responders saw me they quickly brought a stretcher where I gently put her down.

"Sir are you in any relations to this student?" One of them asked whilst the other put Freya in the ambulance.

"No, but I know her parents." I said hoping that they'd let me in.

"Please follow us."

He led me inside the ambulance where I sat there holding Freya's warm hand.

The ride to the hospital was tense at least since the responders just did their usual routine. I tried to get a hold of my dad since he most likely has Mr.Livingston's contact.

"Hello, dad."

"Luca what is it I'm in the middle of a meeting." He said sounding quite irritated.

"I need you to contact Freya's dad, she's been in an accident."

There was no response on the other line for quite some time and I thought that he'd hang up.

"We're already here at the hospital, we're in a meeting, I'll make sure to tell him." He sounded quite frazzled which was definitely new. My dad was not someone who gets shocked easily.

He hung up without so much of a goodbye and I just sighed hoping that everything's gonna be alright.

I can only imagine how Freya's dad will react.

Shortly after we arrived at the hospital Freya was instantly wheeled in for inspection. All the staff being extra careful considering the fact that this was the daughter of the man that owned this place.

"Luca what the hell happened?" I was pulled to the side by my dad. The look of panic was clearly written on his face.

"She was locked in the school rooftop and the fire alarm went off, I brought her here." I explained the situation with as little words as possible so I could go looking for her dad.

"Wait a minute you saved her?" My dad asked.

I just nodded confused as to why he suddenly seemed so giddy.

"That's great son, that's really good, gee thank god I was worried there for a sec." he left looking all relieved then it suddenly dawned on me.

So this is what it was all about, he's was just worried that I had something to do with her being in this situation, of course that's all it was. What did I expect.

I turned around to look for Freya's parents and after some time I finally found them in the vip lounge.

"Helen, Greg how is she?"

"The doctor hasn't come out yet, oh Luca I came here as soon as I heard, what in the world happened to her." Helens voice was shaky and I could tell she was trying not to cry.

I led her to have a seat and naturally Greg followed.

"We were all out on the school parking lot since the fire alarm went off but then I saw that Freya wasn't there so I went looking for her and I found her by the rooftop staircase locked up and unconscious." I didn't know why I lied but I didn't feel the need to include Andrés in the story.

"That's absolutely horrible, who would lock her up in there, and why was she in the rooftop anyways. Oh god Greg what are we gonna do?" After hearing from me, Helen couldn't stop but burst into tears in pity of her daughter.

The doors opened to the emergency room lounge and in came Andrés with all of her stuff, I was worried he'd come here.

He spotted me and started walking my way but I greeted him halfway preventing him from speaking to Freya's parents.

"Just give me her stuff and leave I'll get her stuff to her parents."

"Excuse me?" He sounded astounded.

"Look Andrés I don't know if you can see but I don't really think that right now is the time you talk to them, just give me her stuff and leave."

I could tell he was mad but he caved in regardless and handed me Freya's belongings.

He went to go talk to one of the nurses and they seemed well acquainted then I remember that this is the hospital his mom works in.

He gets led by the nurse to a room and they were in there for a while before he came out with a sling on his left arm.

My gaze was obstructed when a doctor stood there blocking my view.

"Mr. and Mrs. Livingston if you'd please follow me to my office." they were led away after making sure that I'd be alright and I figured that it's probably best if I head home.

"Luca is that you?"

"Ms. Andrés, " I say surprised and I could tell she noticed how I didn't call her by her name.

"Oh Luca it's been so long since I've seen you, ever since you know, the accident. I always believed that you and Axel would remain, friends, even after everything happened you guys were always so close." I visibly flinched at the mention of the past and I could tell she saw that.

"Well you know how friends naturally drift apart." I said, though our broken friendship was anything but natural.

"I suppose you're right but I've missed seeing you two causing a ruckus but if you ever decide to rekindle your friendship just know that you're always welcome at our house."

"I'll keep that in mind, Ms. Andrés." I replied politely.

"Well it's been great seeing you again but I've been assigned to a patient so I've better get going, you take care of yourself now alright." she ruffled my hair on her way out.

Just like how she used to when I was a kid.

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 114 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
589K 11.2K 85
After being offered the scholarship of a lifetime, Catalina Faye starts her journey at Las Flores Private School where she soon realizes that everyon...
975K 72.2K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...