Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Power of the D...

By Metro_tower

After Yusei Fudo and his friends defeated Rex Goodwin and his Dark Signers, they thought the threat had passe... More

PROLOGUE
I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI

II

412 2 0
By Metro_tower

Yusei and Yuri pulled up to the museum. "Are you sure Yanagi can help?" Yuri asked, pulling his helmet off and placing it on his knee. 

"He explained it to me when my mark first started showing," Yusei said. They entered the museum and approached the front desk. "Excuse me. We'd like to see Yanagi," Yusei said to the receptionist. 

"One minute please," the receptionist said. She picked up the phone and dialed a number. Yusei and Yuri looked around the lobby, waiting for Yanagi. They saw Trudge pull up to the curb and enter the museum. 

"Yuri. I knew I'd catch up to you sooner or later," Trudge said. 

"Not now Trudge. We're kind of in the middle of something," Yuri said. Trudge's eyes widened in anger.

"I don't care what you're doing. I'm hauling you back to the Facility," Trudge said. Yusei stepped between them to stop Trudge.

"Trudge, this is Signer stuff," Yusei said. He and Trudge stared each other down.

"Fine," Trudge said, leaving the lobby. "But I'll get you one of these days," Trudge growled. He slammed the door and rode away. 

"He really needs to chill," Yuri said. 

"I know," Yusei said. They waited a few more minutes. Finally, an older man in a rumpled kimono came out an approached them. "Hey Yanagi," Yusei said.

"Hey Yusei," Yanagi said, hopping to Yusei. "And Yuri? What are you guys doing here?"

"It's a bit of a story Yanagi. Is there somewhere private we can talk?" Yusei asked. 

"Yeah. Follow me," Yanagi said. He led them through the museum and into his office. "What do you boys need?"

"Well, it's about my arm," Yuri said. He rolled his sleeve up and showed Yanagi. Yanagi's mouth shot open in shock. 

"I've heard legends of a sixth Signer, but I've never actually seen one before," Yanagi said. 

"Back up Yanagi. What's a Signer? What is the Crimson Dragon?" Yuri asked. Yanagi sat down and smoothed his kimono out. 

"Well, it all goes back five thousand years to the People of the Stars. They worshiped a red star they believed was their deity. Every five thousand years, the King of the Netherworld and his army of demons would try to take over the world, and the Crimson Dragon would choose five warriors to bear his marks, and they would aid the Crimson Dragon in fighting the King of the Netherworld," Yanagi explained. "Yusei, Jack, and their friends are all the modern Signers."

"What about Yuri's mark?" Yusei asked. 

"Well, like I said there are legends of a sixth Signer, but all the texts I've ever found have missing sections," Yanagi said. 

"So, it's possible that there are six Signers?" Yuri asked.

"Well, I suppose it could be, but like I said, the texts are incomplete," Yanagi said. "But yes, it is possible."

"Thank you Yanagi," Yuri said. He and Yusei got up and left Yanagi in his office and went back outside. Yuri mounted his runner and wheeled it around. He noticed two men in cloaks stood across the street, watching the two of them. He and Yusei left the museum, riding through the city. Yuri checked behind him. The cloaked men were riding their own duel runners. "Hey, Yusei. Don't look know, but I think we're being followed." 

"Any idea who they are?" Yusei asked, looking out of the corner of his eye.

"No. But I saw them outside the museum when we left," Yuri said. Yusei nodded and they turned in opposite directions. Yuri checked behind him. One of the cloaked riders had turned with Yuri. "So that's how you want to play it, huh?" Yuri muttered. He kept riding down the rode. He revved the engine and took off. He checked behind him, the cloaked guy still following him. He pulled into a parking lot and got off. "What's with you following me, pal?" 

"You are one of the chosen," the guy said. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Walker."

"Well, Walker, why are you following me? And why is your friend following Yusei?" Yuri demanded. 

"As I said, you are one of the chosen. As is Yusei and his friends. The Dragon has chosen you as his champions," Walker said.

"So this is about us being Signers," Yuri said. 

"Yes it is," Walker said, placing a duel disk on his arm. He put a deck in the deck well and activated it. "Now you will show me if the Dragon chose correct." Yuri placed a shield shaped duel disk on his wrist and activated it. The card blade extended backward, going up his arm. 

"Fine. I'll show you just how well the Crimson Dragon chose when he made me a Signer," Yuri said, shuffling his deck. He placed his deck in the deck well and drew his cards. Walker also drew his cards and looked at his hand. 

"I'll start," Walker said, drawing his card. "I start by summoning Arcane Magician Devastator, and then lay a facedown card," Walker said. A magician monster in bone armor and a facedown card appeared in front of Walker. "Your turn."

"Fine," Yuri said, drawing his card. He added it to his hand and slid a spell card into his card blade. "I'll start by activating the spell card Equivalent Exchange. Now, I'm allowed to add one level four or below monster to my hand, then you have to send the same level monster from your hand to the graveyard," Yuri said.

"And what should happen if I don't have the same level monster in my hand?" Walker asked. 

"If you don't have the same level monster as the one I draw, then you take damage equal to my monsters level multiplied by one hundred," Yuri said. He drew his card. "The monster I pick is the level four Regal Red-Eyes Dragon," Yuri said, showing Walker the card. "Now, place your card in the graveyard, or face four hundred points of direct damage." Yuri glared across the field at Walker. Finally, Walker held up a card.

"I will send my level four Arcane Magician Despair to the graveyard then," Walker said. He placed the card in the graveyard. 

"Whatever. For my next move, I summon Regal Red-Eyes Dragon," Yuri said. A fatter version of the Red-Eyes Black Dragon materialized in front of Yuri. "Now, I activate my dragon's special ability. When Regal Red-Eyes Dragon is successfully summoned to the field, I'm allowed to summon another dragon from my hand. So now I summon Grave Dragon in attack mode." A second dragon, this one skeletal and red appeared next to Regal Red-Eyes Dragon.

"I was hoping you would do that, because now Arcane Magician Despair's ability activates from the graveyard. As long as my magician remains in the graveyard, and you have at least two monsters on your side of the field, all your monsters switch to defense mode, and you take all their defense points as damage, should they be destroyed in battle," Walker said.

"Not quite Walker," Yuri said.

"What do you mean?" Walker demanded.

"I mean I activate Grave Dragon's ability," Yuri said. "When I have Grave Dragon out on the field, any monster effects that are activated from the graveyard are negated. So my dragons will stay in attack mode," Yuri said. He heard two duel runners pulling up to the sidewalk. 

"Yuri, what's going on?" Crow asked. 

"This guy knows something Crow, and I'm gonna duel the information out of him," Yuri said. "Now spill Walker. what do you want with the Signers?"

"It's not what I want, it's what my master wants," Walker said. "He knows things about you and your Signer friends."

Yuri growled at Walker. "Then I'll just have too attack you. Regal Red-Eyes Dragon attack with Infernal Fire Stream!" Yuri commanded. His dragon let out a stream of fire at Walker's magician. After the smoke cleared, Walker's Arcane Magician Destroyer was still standing.

"What the? Yuri's monster is stronger than that creeps. It should've been destroyed!" Jack exclaimed.

"Arcane Magician Destroyer has an ability that prevents it from being destroyed in battle. However, I still take four hundred points of damage," Walker said. Walker's life points decreased to 3600. 

"I'll put three cards facedown and end my turn," Yuri said. 

"Very well," Walker said, drawing a card. "I summon Arcane Magician Bard in attack mode," Walker said placing the card on his duel disks blade. A harp toting magician appeared before Walker. "Now, Arcane Magician Bard's special ability activates. It allows me to special summon one tuner monster. So, I summon Arcane Magician Musician. Then I tune the level one Arcane Magician Musician with the level with the level four Destroyer and the level three Bard, to synchro summon Arcane Magician Destroyer." An armored magician wielding a giant sword appeared in a flash of light. "Now, Arcane Magician Devastator, destroy his Grave Dragon!" Walker's magician raised his sword above his head and swung down, sending a wave of energy hurtling towards Yuri's dragon. 

"I activate my trap card Negate Attack, and end your battle phase," Yuri said. He heard a third duel runner pull up to the curb. He glanced over. Yusei got off his duel runner. Clearly he had shaken the guy who was following him. "If your done then I'll go," Yuri said , drawing his card. "I summon the tuner monster Infant Dragon in defense mode." A tiny orange dragon appeared on the field. "When Infant Dragon is on the field, I'm allowed to special summon a second tuner monster, so now I'll summon Pumpkin Head." A second monster, this one with a tiny blob body and a giant jack-o'-lantern head appeared next to Infant Dragon.

"Now, I activate the trap card Alchemy Cycle. This card lets me destroy your Arcane Magician Destroyer, then, because I have two monsters who's level equals eight, summon it on my side of the field," Yuri said. "So now my level two Pumpkin Head tunes my level six Grave Dragon to synchro summon Arcane Magician Devastator!" Yuri said. Walker's magician appeared on Yuri's side of the field. "Now, I attack with Devastator," Yuri said. 

"Not quite, because I active the trap card Call of the Magician. If I release an Arcane Magician monster from my graveyard, I can negate your attack, then summon a stronger one," Walker said. "So, first I release Arcane Magician Despair, then summon Arcane Magician Merlin!" Walker shouted. A magician reminiscent of Dark Sage materialized from the trap card.

"Then I attack with my Regal Red-Eyes Dragon," Yuri said. "Regal Red-Eyes Dragon, attack."

"I activate another facedown, the trap card Book of the Arcane. This bolsters my Merlin one thousand attack points, putting it well above your dragon," Walker said. 

"Then I activate my facedown, Urgent Tuning. With it, I can synchro summon during my battle phase. So, I tune my level four Regal Red-Eyes Dragon and my level two Infant Dragon to synchro summon Warlock Dragon," Yuri said. His second facedown flipped up and his two dragons disappeared in a flash of light, and was replaced by a new dragon, this one pure black with fiery wings. "Now, Warlock Dragon lowers the attack points of your monster to zero, and you take all of my dragons attack points as damage." Yuri's dragon let loose a stream of red and blue fire, and destroyed Arcane Magician Merlin. Walkers life points dropped from 3600 to 1200. "The down side is I also take damage, but when I do, it's equal to my dragons defense points." Yuri's life points dropped down to 3000. 

"You were willing to do all that, even taking damage, to cripple my life points?" Walker asked.

"You can't expect victory unless you're willing to make sacrifices," Yuri said. "Now, what do you want with the Signers? Who do you work for?" Yuri demanded.

"My masters identity is secret, even to me. As to what he wants, it is because of the Signers that he has fallen from grace. Only the complete destruction of the Signers will bring him the peace he so crave," Walker said. 

"You can't be serious!" Jack shouted. "What did we do to your boss to make him hate us so much?"

"I am not at liberty to say. But I can say this, he will not be denied," Walker said drawing a card. "I activate the spell card Arcane Circle. This card allows me to call a magician that was destroyed this turn back to the field. So return Arcane Magician Merlin. Then I summon the tuner monster Arcane Magician Fairy, and tune it with Merlin, to synchro summon the level nine monster Arcane Dragon Magician!" A new dragon appeared in the flash of light. This one looked like it had a cobra neck and head extending from a dragon's body. The monster roared and reared its head. "Dragon Magician, attack Arcane Magician Devastator!"

If that attack connects, I'm done for, Yuri thought. He pulled a card out of his hand and placed it on his card blade. "I summon Battle Fader. Now I can end the battle phase."

"It matters not, because when Dragon Magician's attack is cancelled, you still take damage equal to half of its attack points," Walker said. Yuri's life points dropped down to 500. 

I need to make this next attack count, Yuri thought. He drew his card and looked at it. He grinned and pushed a button on his duel disk. "I activate the trap card Leech Effect. Now, at the start of every turn, you loose one hundred life points, and they're added to my life points," Yuri said. His life point counter increased to 600. Perfect, Yuri thought. "Since I was able to activate a spell or trap card, I'm able to summon Titania the Fairy Warlock without sacrificing a monster," Yuri said. His monster, a beautiful woman with giant fairy wings appeared on the field. 

"Your monster can't touch mine. It's not strong enough," Walker sniggered.

"Maybe, but I'm not going to attack your monster. I'm attacking you," Yuri said. 

"You can't do that!" Walker exclaimed. 

"On the contrary pal. By sacrificing 500 life points, Titania is able to jump right past your magician and attack you directly," Yuri said, "and with 2500 attack points, that's more than enough to take you out." Titania flew high above Walkers dragon and let out a stream of dark fire shoot from her hand. It engulfed Walker, and his life points went down to zero, and all their monsters faded away. "Tell your boss that if he wants to mess with us, he should do it himself," Yuri said. He walked over to his runner and pushed it over to Yusei, Jack, and Crow.

"Did he tell you anything useful?" Jack asked.

"Just that his boss wants to destroy the Signers, but you guys were here when he said that, and that his name was Walker," Yuri said. "Yusei, did your guy mention anything?"

"No, when he figured out I was setting him up for a turbo duel, he got out pretty quick," Yusei said/ 

"We should be careful. If that guys boss wants to take us out, then he must have a good reason to hate us," Crow said. They all mounted their runners and rode off.

"Is there anyone who hates you guys enough to try to take us out?" Yuri asked,

"Well, there's Grieger, but he went back to his village, and everything seemed alright when he left," Crow said. 

"Also, there's Sayer, but Sector Security locked him up and threw away the key," Yusei said. Yuri looked down, and didn't say anything. 

Who would still be on the outside and still hate the Signers? Yuri wondered. He revved his engine and followed his friends back to Zora's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 42 3
After helping Yuma and Astral putting an end to the conflict between Astral and Barian world, Naminé left Heartland alongside Luna and E'rah with the...
3.9K 176 20
When an seventeen years old boy named Yusei Fudo become friends with two twins Leo and Luna,Crow Hogan,Kalin Kassler and Akiza Izinski his life will...
5.4K 124 21
Y/n is a normal girl. Well, that's what she wants everyone to think. No one knows about her secrets and she intends to keep it that way. Her family m...
30.9K 355 24
After the events of 5d's and the team had all went their ways, the team all would come back to New Domino City 5 years later. Yusei wasn't expecting...