The Millionaire's Mistress (M...

By JessiHugz

Violet Rhys sat back and watched helplessly as the only guy she's ever loved was ripped away from her and for... More

The Millionaire's Prologue
The Millionaire's Wedding
The Millionaire's Baby
The Millionaire's Affair
The Millionaire's New Home
The Millionaire Loves Her
The Millionaire's Designated Job
The Millionaire's Heiress
The Millionaire's Decision
The Millionaire's Mistress & Justin Bieber
The Millionaire's Return
The Millionaire's Babysitter
The Millionaire's Studio Apartment
The Millionaire's Mistress & the Dilemma
The Millionaire's Family Lands in Paris
The Millionaire's Daughter & Insomnia
The Millionaire Wants Her Back
The Millionaire's Movie Dates
The Millionaire's Sick Girlfriend
The Millionaire's Third
The Millionaire's Crazy Daughter
The Millionaire's Mistress and Lil Bump
#TheMillionaire'sOneBigHappyFamily.
The Millionaire's Mistress and the Socially Awkward Doctor
The Other Millionaire
The Millionaire's Hurt Feelings
Millionaire VS. Millionaire
The Millionaire's Mistress & the Hospital Visit
The Millionaire and the Freaking Liar
Last
News!!!
Sorry
:|

The Millionaire's Second Choice

30.7K 895 25
By JessiHugz

The Millionaire's Second Choice

"What?" Silvia snapped, "I knew you had too much to drink. You need to go to bed because you're not thinking straight right now. We'll talk in the morning."

"No," Austin pushed her away as she reached out to grab his hand. "I want you gone. I. Don't. Love. You," he spat.

"I'm pregnant! You can't divorce me now. That'll cause too much of a scene and we all know how much you hate those."

Austin almost jumped backwards, "W-what?"

Silvia bugged her eyes and nodded, "Yeah. I'm pregnant."

I'm calling bull shit! She can't be pregnant, look at that body.

"Liar!" He yelled while walking down the hallway. Silvia chased after him and I took this as the perfect opportunity to leave.

As I walked out of the complex, I called Reyna, but she didn't answer so then I called Howard. It was on its last ring before he answered, "Hello?" He too sounded a bit tipsy. "Violet?"

"Yeah, it's me," I said while summoning a cab and crawling into the backseat. "Are you guys still at the club?"

"Um...no. We're at Dani's house," he laughed. Who the hell is Dani?

"Who's Dani?"

"A girl Reyna and I met at the club. She's so awesome and she doesn't leave her friends for God knows what reason," he seemed mad at me. "Bye, Violet." He hung up before I could say anything else.

"Where do you need to go?" The taxi driver asked impatiently.

"Oh. Um..." I proceeded to tell him my grandma's address since it was getting pretty late and I honestly had nowhere else to go.

The drive seemed way longer than it should have been, so when we finally got there, I was grateful. He held his hand out to me, "Fifty bucks," he demanded.

Shit!

I realized that I didn't have my purse, must have left it at Austin's, and I was almost positive my grandma didn't have any spare money either. Not like I would ask her for it anyway, she does enough for me as it is. I looked down as my phone started to blare my musical ringtone, and answered it immediately, "Austin!" I snapped, "I left my purse at your house."

"Yeah, I know. I'm looking right at it. You're in a bit of trouble, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I can't pay this cab driver."

"You're lucky I thought ahead and am on my way," he paused, seeming to realize something, "Where are you?"

I laughed, "My grandma's house. Wait...why are you driving?"

He sighed, "Oh my God. Relax, I'm fine."

He didn't sound fine. He sounded like a tipsy Howard and that was never good.

+
+
+

Austin handed me my purse and then gave the driver the money he needed all whilst I held Sienna.

"Austin?" I snapped my head in the direction of the new voice. Grandma. "What are you doing here?" She raced down the driveway and over to him, embracing him in a tight hug in a matter of seconds.

"I just had to drop something off for-"

"Is that Sienna?" she cut him off while approaching me. I nodded to her, "She's so beautiful Austin."

"Thanks."

"So are you going back home now then?" I asked as my grandma rubbed baby Sienna's small back.

"Yeah, probably should."

"No!" Grandma snapped. "Stay here the night. It's getting late anyway and travel isn't good for a baby." I'm pretty sure she pulled that last part out of nowhere, but you know, whatever she has to tell herself. "You can sleep in the guest bedroom and Vivi will sleep on the couch."

What sort of twisted reality was this?

"I don't want to be a burden," he said while reaching out for Sienna.

"No, I insist. I can smell the alcohol on you and the exhaustion on Sienna. Stay and we can all do something fun together tomorrow morning."

He seemed hesitant and I really wasn't sure why. The way he's been acting the past few hours would've made me think he would've jumped in on the first invitation to be spending the night in the same house as me. "Well, if you insist."

Grandma almost danced her way into the house upon hearing that. We followed her into the house, "I can't believe you actually said yes," I wasn't sure if I was happy or extremely pissed off at him.

"Well, I'm a hazard to myself according to you. Why should I put Sienna in that situation?" He smiled smugly at me.

This was going to be a long night.

+
+
+

"Here ya go, Mr. Hotstuff," aunt Shelby said while handing Austin a cup of coffee. He was making his hangover known to the whole world. I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors called the cops to report abusive behavior.

"Thanks," he mumbled while dropping his head on the wooden table. "Ow."

I couldn't help but laugh as I rocked Sienna in my arms. I can't wait until she's old enough to see how much of a moron her dad is and actually be able to laugh along with me. "Don't you have a multimillion dollar company to be running right now?" I asked while trying to make Sienna a bottle with one hand. It was quite difficult.

"It's heading towards the billions, for your information," he snapped. "I'm not going today."

"Well you're not staying here," I mumbled, hoping that no one but him heard me.

"Violet!" Shelby snapped. "Austin can stay here as long as he wants," she said seductively towards him. Doesn't she have a husband? Why is she trying so hard to flirt with Austin?

I sighed, "Where's grandma?"

"I think she went out."

"Where are your monsters?"

"I don't know. Probably playing upstairs."

"Mommy!"

Speaking of the devils.

Harriet and Basil came running into the kitchen, "Look at what we found," Harriet chirped while throwing up four twenty dollar bills. I looked over to see Austin squinting his eyes in frustration. That money could've only come from one place.

"Why did you guys get in mommy's purse?" Shelby snatched the money away from Harriet and stuffed it into her shirt.

"Mhmm," I mumbled, "That's where that money came from," I walked over to the table and handed Austin the bottle with the unscrewed cap. I needed him to twist it on because I sure as hell couldn't do it with one hand. "Tell us where you really got that money from," I said towards the little devils. I sure hope Sienna doesn't turn out to be like them.

"We found it," Basil said rudely. I wanted to slap the sass right off her. I knew that would only earn me a backhand from Shelby though, so I didn't do anything. As soon as Austin was done fidgeting with the bottle cap, I popped it in Sienna's mouth.

"That's stealing," I said, "We all know where you little brat's got that from."

"They didn't steal anything, Violet," Shelby defended, "They simply went through my purse and pulled out my money. And besides, even if they did steal it from Austin, I'm sure he wouldn't miss it. He's got a million more."

I rolled my eyes in disgust. I am so glad I can call these people family. I'm honestly starting to think I don't belong here.

The table started to buzz. Austin's cell phone was laying on top of it. He took a peek at the called ID and groaned, "I can't answer that now! These people pick the absolute worst time to call me."

"Who is it?" I asked.

"GC Enterprises."

Ah yes, the rivals. Silver and GC Enterprises were the top marketers of all things...I don't know...markety. They were always going at it for the best sale numbers.

"You gotta do it, Vi," Austin pleaded. "I really don't want to call them back later," he slid his phone over the table.

I sighed. I really don't like doing nice things for him anymore, it bugs the hell out of me knowing that I can't say no to him though. I picked the cell phone up and tapped the green button on the screen, "Hello?" I realized I should have addressed myself in some way, but I honestly was the worst when it came to talking on the phone.

"Hello. Can I ask with whom I'm speaking?" The man on the other end seemed extremely educated and honestly knew what he was doing.

I paused to think of what I should call myself. The only thing that really made sense was, "Mr. Cruise's personal assistant."

God, I was gonna hear about that later.

I dismissed the smug smile that came into play on Austin's lips.

"Oh. Well is there anyway I can speak with Mr. Cruise? This is very important. I have a deal to make with him."

"Um...he's actually in a meeting right now. I can take a message though," I said while handing Sienna off to Austin after Shelby tried to take her away from me. She wasn't the best person to put in charge of Sienna's life.

"Oh. Well, just have him call me back as soon as possible, will you?"

"I sure will. Will that be all?" I asked.

"Yes it will. Thank you very much."

"You're welcome."

"Uh huh, ok bye now," he said before ending the call.

I put the phone back on the table and walked out of the kitchen, slowly climbing my way up the stairs. I heard Austin's clumsy footsteps following behind me.

"What was that all about...personal assistant?" He asked while following me into the guest bedroom where him and Sienna slept last night.

I turned around to face him, there was no Sienna. Why would he leave her alone with my crazy family?

"He wants you to call him back," I said quietly.

He gave me a puzzled look and something told me what he was about to say had absolutely nothing to do with the phone call, "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" I asked while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Something's wrong with you."

"I don't know...I just don't get why you're here still," I looked away from him and towards the window. "You can't take a hint very well."

"What do you mean?" He purposely walked in front of the window so that he was right in my line of sight. "What hint?"

"I'm still mad at you," I told him slowly, "Just because you tried to break things off with Silvia doesn't mean I'm automatically going to forgive you for treating me like a booty call."

"What do you mean try? I thought I was pretty successful with getting rid of her. And I never treated you like a booty call!" He seemed highly offended. He had no right though.

"Uh...hello," I shushed him, "I was your mistress to put it lightly. That's what they call women who sleep with married men, surely your Oxford education would have taught you that," I mocked. "I don't like being someone's second choice."

"You're not my second choice, Vi. You're my first. Things just got in the way."

"Exactly."

"What do I have to do to make you forgive me?" His voice was pleading.

I shook my head and tried to fight the tears from showing, "I don't know if there is anything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 804 15
Lucas Friar fell in love with Riley Matthews. Riley fell in love with Lucas. Their unbreakable relationship, fell apart because of him. After all the...
1.3M 50.3K 33
Mira Owens had a perfect life: loving parents, her dream job and a handsome fiance, who was one of the most eligible bachelors in the world. Despite...
933K 40.7K 34
Austin and Vanessa have been together for 6 years, since college, Vanessa is 25 and Austin is 28, Austin surprises Vanessa with a 14 night, 15 day Ca...
2M 58.4K 33
While Andrea Brandon dreamed happily ever after with her handsome boyfriend, the love of her life, the most eligible bachelor, Alejandro Fernandez, h...