Live ➳ Newt

By lil_ducki

A feeling of comfort washed over me as his arms repeated my action, pulling me closer to his chest. "Of cours... More

prologue
1 | rise and shine
2 | home sweet home
3 | roommates
4 | gally's party
5 | the keepers
6 | hard work
7 | scared straight
8 | broken
9 | goodbye ben
10 | the new greenie
11 | sunsets
12 | mistakes
13 | bait
14 | back from the dead
15 | runner
16 | a girl
17 | at hell's gate
18 | girls are awesome
20 | poker
21 | home base
22 | the lady in our dreams
23 | barricade
24 | memories
25 | sundown
26 | rule one
27 | the entrance
28 | grievers
29 | we're important
30 | the savior survived
bonus chapter
thank you!

19 | subject A10

4.9K 89 44
By lil_ducki

Bailey

Newt escorted us all to the homestead, where most of the boys disbanded into their own groups to chat. I wondered over to Newt and Minho, who were deep in conversation. I only caught small fractions of what they were talking about. "Do you think she's lying?" Minho asked, leaning against one of the nearby pillars.

The blonde boy shook his head, "It's hard to tell. The girl obviously remembers him some how."

"She might screw us over, Newt."

The second in command sighed through his nose, "I know but, I trust Thomas."

"You barely know him," Minho scoffed, "how are you supposed to trust him?"

"I don't know," Newt admitted, "but, there's just something about him that's different."

"Yea, his stupidity." The runner retorted.

Newt simply rolled his eyes, "Maybe so, but it seems like he's going to get us out."

Minho nodded in agreement, "Let's pray he does. I'm getting really sick of you shanks."

The blonde chuckled under his breath before he looked up, noticing my presence. "How long have you been standing there, love?"

I shrugged, checking the invisible watch on my wrist, "Not too long," I smiled, "You guys talking about Thomas?"

"Isn't everyone?" Minho sassed.

I nodded slowly, "I guess."

Newt smiled, "I'm sure he'll set her straight."

"Bailey."

Thomas' raspy voice sounded crippled from behind me. I jumped slightly as I turned around. "Geez, let a girl know you're there."

Thomas laughed through his apology as the freckled glader to his right rolled his eyes, "Sundown Greenie, time to go."

I looked over at Newt, hoping he'd save me from a night in the pit.
He sighed caringly, before pulling me into a hug. "You'll be ok, it's just one night," he let go and smiled, "Besides, I'll be there to pick you up in the morning. Thomas, Minho, and I are going to run around with the device and see if anything happens."
I nodded, taking one more look at the boy in front of me before I followed Thomas and Gally out of the homestead.

"So?"

I smiled at Thomas as we walked toward the pit, "How's the other girl?"

He shrugged, looking over at me with a smile, "I got it all sorted out, Alby should be showing her to a hut right now."

"What did you say to her, anyways?"

"I just told her about the maze and that she's safe with us."

I nodded slowly, looking out in front of me, "Is she nice?"

He glanced over at me, a puzzled expression spreading across his face, "Yea? Why do you ask?"

"It would be nice to have another girl around."

"Well," he smiled, bumping my shoulder lightly, "Now you do."

Ellene Alice "Bailey"
Subject A10
The Savior

Her job was to simply help the Gladers escape with her new found ability but something changed in her brain activity after her recent interaction with Subject A5.
Her power seems to grow when she's near him.

Although the mishap with Subject A22, or Ben, might have ruined our plans; she and Thomas became friends after his incident in the maze. Which is what we wanted to happen, he will do as he's told in soon time.

Isaac "Newt"on
Subject A5
The Glue

His job in the trials was to keep the group together and sane. His future seems to still be intact, although we'll have to keep him around for Subject A10 until she discovers her place. I don't want them growing any closer than they have already, but I obviously have no choice.

We must continue as predicted; the serum worked.

"Bailey."

"Bailey!"

My eyes snapped open as I shot upright, ready to punch anything that moved.
Thomas held his hands up in surrender in front of me.
I sighed, resting my forehead on the tips of my knees. I felt Thomas' hand on my shoulder, "Nightmare?" He asked, removing his palm.

I shrugged, looking up to meet his eyes, "Something like that."

"You kept repeating some words in your sleep, it was starting to creep me out."

"Sorry," I apologized, "what words?"

"The serum worked?"

I shivered slightly, the women's voice was ringing in my ears. It felt like she was everywhere at once, saying the same things over and over again. The way she spoke, or more so her tone, it was how Alby talked during meetings. She was serious and stern, ready to finish something quickly.
She talked about Newt. I knew it was him, Isaac Newton, it had to be. Which means she was referring to me as well, Ellene Alice Bailey.
The name sounded familiar.
She also said something about Ben, the glader who was turned into griever food: while he said something about seeing me and Thomas together before the maze.
God, my head was spinning.
She spoke about a new found ability. What did that mean? Did I have superpowers that Newt could enhance?

"Glade to Bailey?"

Thomas waved his hand in front of my face. I glanced over at him and sighed, "Sorry."

"Was it that bad?"

I shook my head, "Not really, it wasn't scary or anything but, I don't know."

"Hey look, we don't have to talk about if you don't want to," he smiled, "I'm sure Newt and Minho will be here shortly."

I took a deep breath and nodded, "Thanks, Thomas."

"No problem."

As if on cue, Newt and Minho appeared in front of the pit. Newt unlocked the door and helped us out. He must have noticed the sad expression on my face because he pulled me aside and hugged me, "Are you feeling ok, love?"

I shook my head, "I had a nightmare. Well, sort of a nightmare."

He pouted, pulling out of the hug to hold my hands. He rubbed his thumbs over my knuckles lovingly. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I nodded and inhaled deeply, "You might not believe me."

He shook his head, "I'm sure it's not that bad."

"It was pitch black for the most part, other than the small flashes of color that appeared every once and awhile. There was a lady speaking, her tone was harsh and controlling, she was talking about two subjects in some type of trail."

"Like the maze?" He asked.

"Yea, exactly. She was talking about the maze. They were subjects A5 and A10. She called them The Glue and The Savior."

"Are they important?"

I shrugged, "I think so. Their names were Isaac Newton and Ellene Alice Bailey."

His eyebrows narrowed, "Newton?"

I gulped, "I think she was talking about you and I, Newt."

He shook his head, "It was just a dream, you can't be sure."

"It didn't feel like a dream though! It felt so real," I paused, "She said that subject A10 had an ability that subject A5 had an affect on, like he enhanced it some how."

"Like you're a superhero?"

"No, not like that. She talked about brain activity. I think it's in my body, like my blood or something."

"I don't know, Bailey."

"She also talked about Ben," I paused, thinking back to the broken boy, "He said something about Thomas and I when he attacked me. He told me that Thomas injected me with something! It might have been the cause of these powers!"

"Ben was crazy."

"But he might have been on to something! You once told me that you could get your memories back by getting stung. What if that happened to Ben?"

He sighed, releasing my hands, "I don't want to tell you're wrong but-"

I interrupted him, watching his eyes wince, "You don't believe me?"

"I didn't say that."

"You didn't have to."

He glanced over at Thomas and Minho, they were talking near the pit. Thomas had just laughed at something Minho had said.
After a moment, he looked back at me. "I need to go into the maze now."

I nodded, not wanting to speak to him anymore. "I'm really sorry, Bailey. We can talk about this again when I get back."

"We don't need to; you obviously think I'm making this up anyways."

He sighed, sadness and pain washed over his face. He nodded after a second and headed off to meet the other two boys.
I stood off to the side, my arms crossed against my torso.
I stood there and watched them run into the maze.
I stood there without saying goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 7.5K 47
Everyone knows that Alby was the first to arrive in the Maze. But what they didn't tell you was who came after him. Alex was as fearless as they come...
947 55 23
My heart was pounding, fear taking over my body, I stood up. I was in some sort of room - I think it was a room, if it was a room it was a small room...
748K 24.2K 31
If asked, any Glader would never hesitate to answer "Frankie" as the toughest one of all. The true protector of the Glade. A runner, a part of the Co...
17.9K 333 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...