rumor [ seongsang ]

By SkylerMaknae

in which a stranger gets pulled into yeosang's drama due to a wrong number [text fic (for now)] [set in same... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15

16

2.7K 190 325
By SkylerMaknae

Yeosang couldn't have been more grateful for the bell ringing.

He was the first one out of the class, having already packed up and gathered his stuff. He honestly didn't care about stopping to talk to his friends at this point— he had a date (maybe) to go on.

Yeosang took his phone out of his pocket, to send a quick text as he made his way towards his locker.

___
Messages

You:
Hwahwahwa
Class is out, wait for me to get my stuff juseyoo 🤩

___

Yeosang snickered at his own writing as he shoved his phone back in his pocket.

The walk to the locker wasn't incredibly long, and thus Yeosang found himself arriving at it within a mere moment. He dialed in the combination without thinking.

"Hey Yeosang!" a deep voice came. Yeosang grabbed the bag out of his locker, before slowly turning to face whoever had called his name.

"Yeah?" Yeosang said reluctantly. A taller boy sauntered over and leaned against the lockers, giving Yeosang a rather scrutinizing look.

"So you're the twink whose number was on Juyeon's phone?" he said, running a hand through his dark hair.

Yeosang instantly put two and two together— this was obviously the football player who'd been texting him; Yeosang had recognized his name but not his face.

"Why the fuck would you choose me?" Yeosang questioned. "Have I even met you before?"

The taller boy shrugged. "Nah. Just heard your name around and figured you'd be fun to mess with," he said, an annoyingly cocky grin on his face.

Yeosang didn't want to deal with it. He simply shut his locker, then turned on his heel and began walking away.

"Hey— Yeosang, babe, you're ignoring me?" the taller boy taunted, following a pace behind Yeosang.

Yeosang had never wished murder was legal more. "Shut the fuck up," he muttered, quickening his pace.

A small buzz of his phone prompted Yeosang to look down, and subtly check his messages despite only trying to get out of the situation.

___
Messages

Seonghwa💫:
Don't ever say that again
And okay !!

You:
Aight change of plans
This annoying ass bitch is following me rn so like
What do to :/

Seonghwa💫:
Oh is it THAT one?
I'll help :)
Come to the entrance xoxo

You:
hngngjt yes sir
Read

___

"I really enjoyed talking with you but I've gotta go," Yeosang said sarcastically. The other boy only blinked in surprise as Yeosang practically dashed off down the hallway before the taller could react.

Yeosang knew he would follow him, he just wasn't in the mood to drag it out for a particularly long time.

The entrance of the school soon came into view, and Yeosang slowed his walking pace as he approached it. Leaning in the corner was a boy whom Yeosang had probably never been happier to see...

"Hwa!" Yeosang blurted out, grabbing said male's attention. Seonghwa turned to look at him, with a small smile now painted on his face.

"Are you ready? Where's..." Seonghwa trailed off as a raven haired boy stepped into the hallway, scanning the whole area.

Yeosang scurried over to Seonghwa on instinct. This seemed to send Seonghwa the message, and his friendly demeanor quickly fell.

"Yeosang, come on, I was just playin," the boy said as he locked his gaze on him. Yeosang found himself grabbing for Seonghwa's hand, in a sort of bid for him to do something.

The boy now seemed to register Seonghwa's presence and froze. "Seonghwa?" the boy spoke, giving the pair a wary look.

Now it was Yeosang's turn to be confused. Seonghwa seemed to send a glare towards the other boy, one filled with more than just annoyance.

"I see you're still annoying as ever, huh, Gunhak?" Seonghwa said with an eerie calmness to his voice.

"Hey, Sang, my car is the black one right in front. Go unlock it for me, would you?" Seonghwa turned and said quietly to Yeosang. He slipped his car keys into Sang's hand, before closing his finger over them.

"What? Hwa..." Yeosang trailed off as he glanced between both Seonghwa and Gunhak, who seemed to both give each other a particularly disdainful look.

"Just go, Sang. I know him," Seonghwa muttered. Yeosang hesitated, but soon felt his heart stop as Seonghwa reached up to stroke his hair, a pleading look in his eyes.

"Okay. Be quick," Yeosang managed to say, a bit flustered. He hurried away to the door, giving one last glance behind him as the door swung shut.

He could've sworn it looked like Seonghwa was about to kill that guy. Yeosang had a sudden intense curiosity as to how they knew each other.

Yeosang found himself standing on the front sidewalk, a cool breeze hitting his face as he fumbled with the car keys in his hand.

He clicked the unlock button, and flinched at the sudden loud beep of a car unlocking. The noise directed him to a car parked a couple spots over from where he stood, and thus Yeosang strode over to the vehicle.

Next thing he knew, he had swung open the door and seated himself in the passenger seat. Yeosang couldn't help but look around in the interior of the car, seeing a few trinkets here and there.

A berry scented hand sanitizer sat in the cup holder. A small keychain of the dragon Toothless hung off the rearview mirror.

Yeosang realized there was still so much he didn't know about Seonghwa... and instantly made up his resolve to get to know him a hundred times better.

Now Yeosang sat, biding his time, counting the minutes as they passed by with no sign of Seonghwa. Yeosang was almost tempted to get out and go inside, yet knew he probably wouldn't be any help.

Ten minutes passed. Yeosang threw away all his inhibitions and took out his phone, clicking on Seonghwa's contact and pressing call.

The dial rang a few times, before promptly being cut off. Yeosang began to wonder what exactly had went down— until he was scared half to death by the door on the driver's side swinging open.

"Holy shit, Hwa—" Yeosang spoke as the familiar dark haired boy ducked into the car.

"Sorry," Seonghwa said as he sat down, adjusting himself as he slammed the door shut. "Did I scare you?" he laughed as he pulled down his seatbelt.

Yeosang stared at him as if he'd gone mad. "What was that? How do you know him?" he interrogated.

Seonghwa shook his head. "It's nothing, Sang," he tried to excuse it.

Yeosang gave him a look that said he wouldn't accept that answer under any circumstance.

"Okay, well," Seonghwa continued, "he used to be my best friend back in like, elementary school."

Seonghwa paused, seeing no response from Yeosang. He knew he couldn't get away without giving the whole story.

"Fine. I came out to him as gay back in like, 7th grade, and he threw a whole hissy fit and tried to hit me and he got suspended. Is that good?" Seonghwa rambled, hoping his explanation would be deemed as sufficient.

Yeosang nodded understandingly. "So what you're saying is," Yeosang started, "that I should kill him?"

A stupid grin arose on Seonghwa's face.
"You're so cute," Seonghwa muttered, before turning his attention to the steering wheel. "Don't. He probably won't bother you from now on."

Yeosang blinked. "Huh? What did you say to him?"

"It doesn't matter. Just trust me," Seonghwa returned, despite the questioning look Yeosang was giving him.

"Hwa," Yeosang insisted. Yet he froze at the feeling of Seonghwa's hand now covering his own, giving it a light squeeze.

"Trust me, Sang, I know what I'm doing," Seonghwa persuaded. Yeosang only huffed. He knew he would give in to the elder's commands.

Yeosang laced his fingers between Seonghwa's, pretending that doing so wasn't giving him an entire heart attack.

"Okay. Keep your secrets then," Yeosang joked, subtly rubbing Seonghwa's hand with his thumb. "I'm ready to leave when you are," he stated.

Seonghwa's smile stayed put as he turned on the car with his other hand, relaxing as the motor whirred to life.

"I think you're gonna like the places I chose," Seonghwa offhandedly commented as he began to back out the car.

Yeosang nodded absentmindedly. "I'm sure I will if you chose them," he said quietly, only receiving a shake of the head in return from Seonghwa.

Yeosang felt like every word from the elder slowly drove him more and more insane.

The feeling of Seonghwa's hand in his was the only thought present on his mind as the sight of the school in front of them slowly distanced.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.8K 3.4K 42
[𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗/𝗘𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘𝗗] Unknown: we are not socks but we could make an amazing pair ^ω^ Yeosang: what the fuck? ➠ ➠ ➠ ➠ - Or in which Yeosa...
9.5K 482 50
A Mingi-Jongho texting fanfiction^^
77.4K 3.8K 24
Seonghwa was casually partying when suddenly leader Hongjoong introduces a new boy to their group.... Yeosang. Seonghwa instantly falls in love. This...
441K 19.2K 64
[COMPLETE] In which Wooyoung is in a toxic relationship none of his friends know about. What happens when his best friend, Yeosang, sets him up on a...