Finding Me In You

By dilalaan

What if Kiran Lin didn't learn how to play a guitar? Would she stay? Would she still be with him now? [cover... More

02 The Start of Something
03 Meeting You
04 Chances
05 Mr. Latte
06 First Move
07 Her Offer
08 A New Memory
09 Full-time
10 Her
11 Closer
12 Plan
13 Birthday (1)
14 Birthday (2)
15 Birthday (3)
16 Birthday
17 Her Pain
18 Bottled Up
19 His Memory
20 Tokneneng
21 Latte
22 Her Scar
23 His Way
24 Actions
25 Visitation (1)
26 Visitation (2)
27 Visitation
28 One Step Closer
29 Him
30 This Time
31 His Memory
32 Emotions
33 Guess Who?
34 New
35 Event
36 Preparation
37 D-day
38 Bothered
39 Unsure
40 Try harder
41 Finally
42 Realization
43 Book
44 Poem
45 Beautiful
46 Opportunity
47 History
48 Her story
49 First Fight
50 Flight
Epilogue

01

77 10 10
By dilalaan

Maybe meeting you was a gift.

Ilang araw na ang nakalipas mula nang makalabas ako sa hospital na siyang pinagtataka ko dahil wala akong naaalalang dahilan para umabot ako doon.

Pero kung anuman ang nangyari, sabi ng doktor ay maalala ko rin. Sabi pa niya ay may temporary retrograde amnesia daw ako kaya ganoon. I can't remember recent memories, but it will eventually return if I encounter things or events that triggers the memory that I lost.

Dahil wala rin naman akong magawa sa bahay matapos akong ikulong ni papa ay napag isipan kong lumabas at maglakad-lakad.

I missed this. I always liked walking down the streets, going to cafés around the corners of our neighborhood, napakapayapa.

After walking for a while, I found myself inside a café that I liked ever since i don't know when. I just found myself attracted to it. Besides, masarap ang coffee na gawa nila. I remember myself drinking coffee here after I jog or after a tiring day.

Come to think of it, i don't know what job I had before. I just remember the fact that I used to go to different cafés with acoustic vibes. It's the same vibe I felt when I entered this café.

Well, maybe I'll find out if I come here more often- if this would trigger any forgotten memory.

I drank the coffee that I ordered earlier and looked around the place, as if looking for something pero hindi ko rin alam kung ano. Then my eyes suddenly saw something expected to be seen in this place but also very rare.

She was reading while drinking her coffee, slowly moving her head to the sound of the guitar. Hindi ko alam na may mas igaganda pa ang mga ngiti niya not until when he came to her seat.

Click.

I knew it was wrong, but I can't blame myself for loving that smile and wanting to see more of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
29.1M 921K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
41.1M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
7.3M 305K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...