Castle | βœ”οΈ

By KittyKash92

(DARK ROMANCE THRILLER) Millicent Davis hates her life with her uncle and jumps at the chance to work for the... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Chapter Five

21.5K 1.6K 631
By KittyKash92

I did some research on the Montgomery family and was honestly surprised about how little information the family had online. It's like someone had done a good job of keeping their family history wiped from the databases.

I found a family picture with the parents that had supposedly died in the boating accident. It was taken when the kids were still very young. I could spot Castle easily in the picture. The sable hair and the golden-brown eyes were unmistakably alluring. He looked no older than seventeen, standing behind his parents, who were seated on a couch with Devin and Dayana on either side of them. Theodore was in his mother's lap, while Chandler wasn't even born.

To an onlooker, they seemed like a happy family that had everything that anyone would ever want: wealth, power, status, a lovely wife and four beautiful children, and yet, things had gone so horribly wrong in the end. It just made me sad looking at the picture, and realizing that nothing lasted for a long time. Good things could be taken away in a snap of a moment.

"Miss. Millie, it's time for Castle's to go outside in the courtyard for a walk." The voice made me jump. I quickly shut the laptop, and I turned to look at the petite figure standing by the door. It was Sally, the quiet maid who liked to keep to herself. She'd rather sweep the non-existent dirt on the floor for hours than engage in the maid's gossip. They had so many staff spread all around the mansion that I was sure I wasn't even introduced to some of them yet.

"I'll be right there," I said, climbing to my feet and walking out of the door.

Castle was already waiting for me in the sitting area, wearing a maroon t-shirt over denim. His usually neatly combed hair was unruly, and for a moment, his gaze briefly met mine before he looked away. He kept his eyes downcast and kept clenching something in his hand.

"Good Evening, Castle. Are you ready to go outside?"

When he didn't respond, I took that as a yes and started walking ahead of him. I knew he was following me. I wore a long-sleeved summer dress and had tied my hair up in a long ponytail. According to the rule book, it mentioned that I was supposed to dress appropriately at all times, seeing as the house was filled mostly with men. They had a few caretakers that tried to entice Devin in exchange for a few favors, but Devin had made it pretty clear that he didn't need such people in his house and more importantly under his employment.

We walked through the mansion gardens; the way paved ahead was surrounded by well-manicured lush green shrubs. Castle trudged behind me slowly, kicking pebbles, and suddenly he raced forward and blocked my way.

I stopped short and kept my distance from him. At five-seven, I was taller than most women, but he was still huge and stood close to me, so close that I could smell the faint scent of soap and something like a hint of raspberry.

Stop thinking about his scent! He's not even capable of reciprocating any type of those feelings. And shouldn't I be feeling guilty to have my heart racing for someone like Castle?

"What is it?" I asked, feeling more nervous now than ever.

What if he hurt all those nannies before me and they were forced to flee? There was no one close here to witness if anything wrong were to happen to me. Castle could wring my neck for "fun" and hang me to dry outside the mansion without breaking a sweat, and his family would probably be like ′here we go again, well, let's just post another ad for an unsuspecting nanny.′

Who am I kidding? The family had tons of money, and good political connections as well. Hiding a murder wouldn't be that difficult.

Castle watched me intently. His brown eyes looked light golden in the sunset. I looked down at what he was holding out in his palm for me. He said softly, "It's for you."

It was an origami flower.

"For me?" I asked stupidly, even though I knew it was. "That's really sweet of you, Castle, thank you."

"Beautiful." He whispered, not taking his eyes off me.

It shocked me to hear the words coming from him. "You think I'm beautiful?"

He gave me a nod.

"You're not trying to flatter me to get your way, are you?" I asked.

When he didn't respond, I assumed I'd said too much, and he had difficulty comprehending a long sentence.

"No," he said.

"Why, thank you, again. You're not bad yourself."

He reached out for my hand and held it, walking beside me. It felt like grade school when Tony gave me a craft plane he made in class and that automatically made him my boyfriend. Well, at least until lunch break was over. By the end of school, he'd given another plane to Lily.

It was a small gesture by Castle, and yet my heart skipped around like a schoolgirl.

The silence between us was comfortable, but I needed him to trust me completely.

"Do you remember anything at all?"

He shook his head.

"Alright," I decided not to push him. "I'll help you remember everything."

"How?" he asked, uncertainty was obvious on his face.

"I can try. I'll speak to your therapist and we'll see what he has to say."

"NO!" He yelled coming to a halt and his breathing intensified. "NO!"

His sudden outburst took aback me.

"Okay, calm down. No therapist." I promised, "Take deep breaths."

He calmed down a few minutes later.

From a distance, I saw Chandler rushing towards us. He threw the ball towards Castle, who caught it in mid-air. Trixie ran forward at full-speed, with her tongue lolling out.

"We're going to play ball. Millie, you're going to join us, right?" Chandler was still wearing his royal blue school uniform from some fancy private school he went to.

"Sure," I said.

We stood at three different corners, and Trixie kept running around the lawn wildly.

"Silly dog," Chandler called after her. He'd loosened his tie and tossed his jacket on the ground. A maid was walking around collecting things that Chandler had discarded.

"I'm going to throw it towards Cas first and then Cas. You're going to throw it in Millie's direction. The first person who drops the ball loses."

Soon the air was filled with laughter, and I was enjoying myself, joking and playing with them. I caught glimpses of Castle's rare smile.

Trixie began barking non-stop staring at the barn, clawing at the door and looking at us with those big brown curious eyes.

Dogs could sense the paranormal. It's not like I believed in all that, but just because I hadn't seen a ghost yet didn't mean I was a skeptic either. The Montgomery's property, even though it was lavish, it dated back to the 1800s. Their ancestors might have done something here, or someone died from their family and their ghost still roamed around the place. On the far end of the property, by the woods, I could see headstones. A family graveyard.

"Trixie! Come back here!" Chandler commanded her.

But the dog wouldn't listen and continued to bark. She ran up towards me and caught the end of my dress in her teeth and pulled me towards it.

"What is it, girl?" I asked as I followed her. "Chandler, wait here with Castle, okay? I'm going to check what's in there."

"I want to come too!" He said. "I don't want to babysit Castle."

"No, you're staying here! I'm going to check first."

Chandler threw the ball on the grass in exaggeration. "I hate everyone in this house!"

The barn was locked tight, and it took all my strength to open it. It was pitch black inside, so I pulled my phone out and switched on the flashlight.

There was no one inside, just haystacks everywhere.

The barking stopped at once and turned into whimpering. She took a few steps back, leaving me standing alone inside the barn.

"What is it, Trixie?"

She continued to whimper.

"Anyone in here?" I called out and hoped to god I didn't get an answer. "Hello."

I shrieked loudly when I saw a white figure swinging towards me until I realized it wasn't a ghost.

The body swung in different directions.

My entire body was shaking, and I was sobbing, but I could see the face.

Barbara was hanging from a noose from the middle of the barn's ceiling.

* * *

If you enjoyed reading the chapter, please like and comment below :)

stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 3.4K 48
He struggles with touch. She struggles with trust. How could these two, afraid of necessities of love, ever come to need each other? * * * Ulyssa...
629 187 32
Eighteen years ago, Kevin's parents were brutally murdered. Seventeen years after their death, Kevin is forced to watch helplessly as his fiancΓ©e is...
31.8K 1.4K 63
It's a story of two people living on different sides of the same dimension. She dreaded his world, and he envied hers. She reminded him of a life he...
17.6K 2K 32
(Ranked #1 in Adult in 28K stories) #Wattys2020 πŸ₯‡(1st place) Romance- The Platinum Awards πŸ₯ˆ(2nd place) Chicklit - 2023 Rose Gold Awards πŸ₯ˆ(2nd pl...