Scandalous Engagement✅(PREVIE...

By Nanah_Muhammad

One Number Dialed wrong. Could it have been a coincidence? Nah, i would preferably stick to fate. Amirah Ad... More

Introduction X Teaser.
BLURB + 01|First Impression.
|11|Fashion Galore.
31|Made of Metal.
36|The Walk Into Forever.
41|All Bark And No Bite.
48|Burns And Scars.
51|Where Loyalty Lies.
61|Harmony.
64|Our Meet Cute.
70|The END.
NEW BOOK ALERT.
Final Takedown Notice.
How To Get The Complete Book.

21|Fate's Explosion

2.9K 484 116
By Nanah_Muhammad

TheOmoope Husdah for you❤️

Hello Assalamu Alaikum Lovely People

Wait don't scroll. Please do read this.

There are a few pictures that you must load and go through them else you will be completely lost and not understand whatever was in the chapter.

Thanks for you time, Bon Appetit😊.

Watch out for mistakes.

0o0

Here Comes Drama...

His Excellency, Dr Adamu Bawa lounged on a recliner in his private estate in Abuja, a copy of the previous day's newspaper in hand and a cup of non-alcoholic wine on the table before him.

He had noticed, these past few days how people compose articles to blacken his name and shame him. Knowing how a person never maintains the status of being the people's favourite for more than a nanosecond he concluded that it was his rivals from the other parties trying to weaken or wreck his whole campaign. He was running for a second term under his party as their gubernatorial candidate for Bauchi state with the hope that one day he'll escalate to much more than that. No one wanted to ever go lower in life.

"Sir, there's a call for you." One of his assistants at the house announced.

"Who is it?" He asked, his voice gruff from lack of speech for quite a while.

"It's your wife, sir." The woman politely replied.

"Drop all calls. Disconnect all the calls that will lead to me in this house. If it's important she'll call my personal line." He muttered the last part to himself wondering how and why people do not understand the meaning of a short respite. He needed a reprieve from all the ups and downs in his life, that was why he left Bauchi a week ago.

Every man needed a moment of tranquil and peace in his life!

The lady did as she was commanded to and alas, he found peace until three hours later at dusk.

Dr. Adamu Bawa read the contents of the message that was sent to his personal line.

It read- If you think you know what you're doing then you should switch on your lines and speak to your goddamn public relations officer.

-Sweetheart.

Only his wife had the guts to speak to him with foul language, just like her daughter did to anyone she so wished. And the woman wasn't even in town, she was away on a trip to her hometown visiting her old healthy father.

"Whatever this is about, it's honestly disrupting my peace." He muttered, grinding his teeth in agitation.

Whyever was his PR Officer needed for? An issue must have arose from Bauchi. He concluded before ordering for his calls to be connected.

The first person he requested for was his Press Secretary, the man knew every news related to the Governor.

"Good Evening Sir. I've been trying to get ahold of you for the past four hours." The man started, his voice coming out rushed as if he was in a hurry.

"Evening Salim, what's going on? What happened again, if it's one of those empty threats please let them be."

"Sir, I'm afraid it's much more than that, some magazine tried to wreck your image..."

Dr. Bawa brushed a hand over his face and grumbled. "Meet me in my house in less than an hour. Let's tackle this issue before it grows louder voices."

"Okay sir. I'm on my way."

0o0

"What is this Salim? Why is my daughter appearing on the front page of this God forsaken magazine?" The Governor grumbled, throwing away the latest copy of the JuicySips Magazine. He wanted nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it.

"Summarize what it said. Let's know what we'll pay them with. I don't care about who's behind this, ring for AbdusSamad." AbdusSamad was among the Governor's Public Relations Officers, he knew how to tackle problems most.

This wouldn't be hard for him. Dr Bawa thought.

"I think it best that you see for yourself the contents of the tabloid. We don't know who owns the publishing firm, it's anonymous."

"Then one way or the other we can solve this minor problem even without having the firm take back their words." His Excellency snatched up the book and worked his eyes over the heading.

Her Royal Excellency's Infamous Rendezvous Not Anymore Kept A Secret...

He knew without argument who the tabloids and other magazines referred to as Her Royal Excellency, of course it was his lovely daughter.

But then, the picture attached to the heading was something that had him staggering for balance.

His daughter turning the knob of a hotel room's door with a man hugging her from behind. Cozily.

"What the hell is this?" The enraged father asked, flinging away the magazine, it met the nearest wall before falling to the ground upside down.

His face turning a deep shade of crimson in stark fury.

"What the hell was in that worthless paper?" He thundered at the few men that were around. The few that were able to come with Salim who knew that the situation wasn't light.

"It's best that you read the whole of it Sir. You would know how we should start approaching it from." Salim advised from the place he was sitting.

"That is your job. Yours." He thundered as one of the public relations officers handed him over the magazine again.

He glared at the man before rudely prying it away from the man's hands.

This time around he sat on a couch before opening it absentmindedly with shaking fingers. He could only see red.

No matter how spoilt his Amirah was she never acted like a whore, so whatever was the magazine implying to? He asked himself, at the same time he was afraid to know the answer.

After releasing a deep breath, he turned to the first page and came across details that accused his daughter of being a sinner.

It was like a game of hide and seek, he followed the gossip magazine wherever they had his Amirah's story.

"Her February flavor." The words tasted vile to his tongue as he whispered them in stunned silence.

It was as though everyone was afraid to make a move lest it'll tick him off, which it could. As he could feel his heartbeat rapidly increasing, unbearably so.

"How in the world did she escape her securities? Somebody should find out who in the world went out with her that day! Stupidly leaving her to herself to make rash and unwise decisions." He angrily asked no one in particular all the while fearing what could be on the page that was number -05, the page that had his daughter's scandal.

He felt deceived, why did Amirah had to follow a man? Was what she was given at home not enough? And not even in secret, they were embracing in broad daylight for all to see and for all to have an idea of what the bloody hell they were about to do in the godforsaken pitch called room.

Beads of sweat as a result of perspiration appeared on his forehead despite the cool atmosphere of the sitting room.

Dr. Adamu Bawa swallowed down a lump of fear and turned to page 05, which had his intestines playing tag with each other.

"I need a glass of something." His voice came out roughened, gruff.

"Sir, it won't be advisable for you to take any drink at the state you're in right now." One of the men bravely stood.

"Then bring me a glass of water. Or is it unhealthy too?" Sarcasm floated off his words in waves as he sneered at the man who offered to bring him what he requested for.

After taking it down in a single gulp he threw away the glass to the wall, the dainty cup shattering in pieces.

No one made a noise as they witnessed his raging temperament.

It was true, his daughter was truly what they accused her of being. It wasn't an accusation, rather, they were just stating out facts which were undoubtedly true and were meant to hurt any father who came across news of his daughter's sinful behaviors in an article. It made sense to him when he read the line about "the leash he had on his daughter's neck getting loose and the one he has on his state on the brink of cutting off completely".

Someone who hated him obviously followed his daughter, made her a pawn in his game, she followed because she was an ingrate fool. He concluded.

"Think before you vote," He mimicked in a high pitched voice. "Whoever is the coward behind this magazine will rot before I get my hands on him and that girl, hmm." he clicked his tongue bitterly tearing off the page he finished reading. The infamous page 05.

He muttered "Blast it" under his breath.

In the first picture, his daughter had her hand gingerly placed on the man's arm. In the second one, the couple were by the main entrance of the hotel, the man whose face was shielded was looking down at Amirah while she was looking up at him, a smile on both their faces.

The next pictures had him closing the magazine and placing a hand over his chest, rubbing the blood pumping organ over the barriers of flesh and skin and clothes in what his Doctor presumed to be 'soothing circles' but nothing worked.

"I need another glass of water and nobody should argue with me. I won't be blamed for whatever I do to that person."

Salim rushed to get him what he requested for and took his seat far away from the wounded father and stoned Governor.

The third picture was the one that was used at the front of the magazine, on the cover page. It was of them by a room's door and the man had his filthy hands on her waist, another was of them fully embraced from behind.

The fifth one was of them inside the hotel room and still their faces were hidden as the man's form covered the whole of her and from the looks of it they were engaged in a lip-lock.

Dr. Bawa tried his best to think of something to calm his temper. He tore away the page too before coming in sight to the next page.

"They should have dedicated this to me. This is a message to me. Cowards!" He bellowed going over the page once again.

He got where they were going at, the tabloids wanted to spoil his image and wreck his campaign. He wagged his own tongue in pity at how he would crush whoever was behind it from the head to the soles of the feet ruthlessly and continuously.

"They wish to know what religion I practice! I and my worthless daughter. See someday it's not good to give freedom to your kids, don't make the same mistake I made. But I'll show them who's boss here, I'll show them who owns the bloody state and will own it again for another 4 bloody years." He shouted, addressing no one in particular.

"I'll give them the next smoothie to take. Sunyi kadan, no. I'll crush the whole of them, starting from my ingrate fool of a daughter." He viciously swore.

0o0

Hello Assalamu Alaikum was rahmatullah was barakatuh.

🎵Dandara Dan Amirah🎵

Finally! The scandalous part of scandalous Engagement has been revealed, now let's wait for the engagement part.

Someone should tell me that I could work in a publishing firm and rock its audience with my style of writing😂😂. I enjoyed writing Dear Dr. Adamu Bawa's volcanic eruption. More of it is coming.

Tell me how you feel about this chapter? Are you excited or nah?

See how my poor beautiful Kamal was drawn into some politician family's mess.

Wada an❤️.

Meenah Uthman
❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 5.9K 37
"Why?" she whispered. "WHY?!!! ABUBAKAR WHY?!!!" she screamed. Her voice sounded inhumane. I flinched and watched as she broke down crying again. "...
73.7K 10.3K 59
As She turned around to make her way back to the screening room, She bumped into someone again! Which made all the popcorn in her hands and His to fa...
219K 15.5K 39
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
2.6K 307 16
#BOOK ONE OF THE MUSLIMAH'S SERIES He met her just when he thought no woman could ever crush his ego, an egotistical conceited jerk he is and a billi...