Happy April Fools? A KOTLC fa...

By kotlcfanatix

The gang had gathered in Everglen for a sleepover when Sophie shared one human tradition. April Fools. Ever... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE !!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 24

6.8K 71 442
By kotlcfanatix

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: Hello guys! Starting this chapter would be the Fashion show competition. For the whole Valentines event, the story will switch from different POVs to further understand the scenes. It'll still be in 3rd person, but the scene focuses on the person stated before the story.

Plus, I'd be showing some pictures which can be somehow how I imagine their clothes would be. Of course, it'll only be limited to Sophie, Tam, and Fitz.

And as I've said, chapters regarding the Valentines event would be really long, because there are a lot of revelations happening AND that's what you'll find out (you thought I'm gonna spoil you? Sorry ✌🏻)

Credits to the owner of the pictures. Only got them from Pinterest.

----------
SOPHIE
----------

It's the day of the competition and Sophie is a bundle of nerves. Forget about okay, she's a total train wreck.

It's a good thing she woke up early to fix herself, but that only applies to her physical appearance.

She can feel everything starting from a chaotic mind to butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

She dressed in her uniform, which was the required outfit for the muse and escorts, and took all the accessories she always have with her.

It's just a competition, Sophie! You're not gonna die from that.

"Hey sweetie." Edaline greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. She handed her a plate of some plant roots that amazingly tastes like sausage and bacons.

"Where's dad?" Sophie asked, looking around. "He's out there, making sure that when we leave later, the animals won't go wild." Edaline answered.

Sophie nodded and continued eating. When she was done, she took her bag and waved goodbye to her mother. She also went to Grady to tell her she'll be going now.

Before she walked to the leapmaster, she went to Calla's tree to talk to her. She only remembered recently how Calla became a tree, and she made it a habit to talk to her whenever she has time.

"Good morning, Calla. I hope you can see how beautiful the world is today." She said, caressing the trunk.

She stood there for a couple of minutes, telling her what she'll be doing today and that she can imagine Calla telling her that she's the moonlark and a mere fashion show is nothing.

She finally waved goodbye and went to school.

Biana greeted me with a large smile on her face. Looking at her, someone might even guess that she's their level's muse. She looks more ready than Sophie could ever be.

She dragged her to the backstage where all the pairs are staying to prepare. Sophie saw Tam, already prepared and all. He doesn't look like a wreck, unlike Sophie, but she knows he's uncomfortable in things like this as well.

He's just better at creating facades than her.

Only one person per pair is allowed to help them prepare, so the job was handed to Biana without second thoughts.

"How do you want your make-up?" Biana asked while further taming Sophie's hair.

"Pick the best one, because it'll be too time consuming to change every theme." She added.

Sophie suggested using light and natural colors, and when Biana asked her which colors, she left it up to her discretion. She doesn't know anything about colors anyways.

Biana chose a gold-pink eyeshadow which helps emphasize the gold flecks in her eyes. Her eyebrows are actually arched perfectly so Biana only had to fix it a little bit.

Biana didn't use any mascara on her due to her stubborn habit of tugging loose eyelashes. She also used a coral pink lipstick on her to give an image of a plump natural looking lips.

In the morning, all they need is to go out there and be introduced since the higher division's competition doesn't start until after lunch.

Everyone has pitted in more than enough contributions to make this show a success. Whether it's to support her or just for the prize, it was honestly amazing how it brought them together.

Especially her friends who stuck with her through all her nervousness and anxieties and all the falls she took in practicing in heels, she doesn't know how to thank them.

She knows that, but a part of her just wanted to run away, right now.

The nervousness has started seeping into her again, and this time she doesn't know how to calm herself.

There's no more going back, but if she wanted to be selfish, she can still run away. It would make them disappointed, yes, but that's the thing Sophie hates the most.

Being disappointed in her.

Come on, you kicked some Neverseen butt and you can't walk down a runway to save your life?

Such thoughts are circling in her mind. If Keefe was there, he'd be teasing her right now over the amount of dread in the air.

"Hey, Bi. Do you think I can still, you know, run away?" Biana just gave her a look before saying "Not under my watch." Sophie mentally groaned, but she let herself try to relax.

Fifteen more minutes.

Biana told her to get changed. According to her, even if Tam and Sophie shopped separately, they ended up complimenting each other.

Sophie's designs are more on the fantasy elegant style, while Tam's are plain and classy. Both of them isn't a fan of too much sparkles and mature styles, so she figured that in one way or another, they'd end up almost the same.

She conjured the first set of clothes she'll be wearing. As stated in the orientation, they will be introduced together with the lower divisions, but their main competition doesn't start until the afternoon.

They need to show up in their level color together with their partner, and all they need to do is appear on stage while being introduced.

Not much of an exhibition for the first appearance.

Sophie was wearing a sleeveless long white dress, with some hint of gold over her shoulders and around her waist. It could be somewhat called Greek-inspired if they were in the Forbidden Cities.

She went for flats first because according to her, she doesn't want a spectacle known as 'tripping over nothing' to happen on her first appearance.

Tam looked amazing on his. He told her that he'd be wearing the same top again later, so it's not a surprise anymore. He was wearing a black undeshirt, topped with a white vest and white blazer.

For now, he paired it with a black slacks and black leather shoes. There's also a moonlark pin on his suit which added some accent to his outfit. Tam has pale skin, so having something black that complements his hair gives him some additional color.

"So, you ready?" Biana asked.

The question only made Sophie more nervous, and as much as she wants to hide it, she's like an open book.

"I don't know, Bi. When do I know I'm ready?" She asked, desperately looking for answers in her friend's teal eyes.

"I guess you'll never really be ready. But! Since I'm a generous friend, I'll give you a hint." She said, winking at her.

Sophie looked at her curiously until she answered "Think of something. A reason, why you need to do this with all out confidence and pride. Why you need to go out there with heads high and chest out. It can be someone, something, even the prize works." She blabbered.

She isn't sure if the 'someone' fits anybody, but she knows she has another reason she can think of.

'I want to be remembered.'

"Oh, I like that look in your eyes." Biana remarked. Yes, it is true that she is still nervous and still thinks of running away, but this time around, she feels like nobody can stop her.

Even if it's herself.

Tam knocked and walked inside right before Biana excused herself to go out and watch from the audience.

"Ready?" Tam asked. He offered his hand and Sophie immediately accepted it.

I want to be remembered.

Sophie chanted it over and over again until the fear dissipated.

----------
KEEFE
----------

He was late.

Even though his abilities as an Empath has been restricted (thanks to Dex's invention), the crowd's cheers are enough to tell him that the show is starting.

Crap, I hope I'm not too late. He thought.

He ran like hell, thanking that the halls are empty right now. If it wasn't, he'd have been blocked by girls and ended up being taken by them.

He opened the doors to the auditorium, his eyes were trying hard to to assess the situation. Two pairs were on stage, wearing a brown gown and suit.

Good, I made it on time.

He wandered his eyes once again to find an empty seat when he noticed some girls looking at him and desperately trying to create some space next to them.

He ignored them and walked infront. He saw a familiar hand waving on the 3rd row and checked to see Biana pointing to an empty seat beside Dex.

He slowly walked over it with heads down as to not disturb the audience. "Thanks." He said a bit loud so that Biana could hear. "No problem, it's not required to sit together with your level anyways." she answered him.

"Why were you late? Out with some pranks again?" Dex asked. Keefe let out a small chuckle and said "No, I wouldn't leave my pranking partner behind." as he tackled Dex for a playful hug.

Dex groaned loudly which made Linh laugh at them. Their little spat was disrupted when Biana started screaming. "GO SOPHIE AND TAM!" she cheered. They all looked at the stage to see that the level 5 pair has just been introduced.

Suddenly, the whole hall turned black.

"What?" Biana said, suddenly alert on her feet. "It's just Tam's shadow." Linh whispered.

As if on cue, a crack appeared in the middle of the stage, and Sophie and Tam was slowly going down at the exact center of the stage.

Teleport? Sophie remembered how to teleport again? Plus telekenesis, probably.

In her white dress, she looked like an angel that fell from the sky. She did literally crack the space open and graciously landed on the ground, after all.

Tam was holding Sophie's hand as they lowered to the ground and did a curtsy and a bow. They were not smiling, but that just made them look more... regal.

It would be an understatement to say that the crowd was pleased with their appearance. Heck, these two don't even need an introduction. They're both known in the Elvin world.

"Sophie can teleport again?" Dex asked. Keefe suddenly whipped his head to his direction and asked "You didn't know?"

The three of them shook their heads and said "No, the only ones who know their plan for the introduction is them, so I bet they practiced without us knowing." Biana shrugged.

"Bangs boy willingly jumped into a cliff with Foster practicing her teleportation? That's wild." Keefe remarked. He looked back at them who was whispering something to each other.

A little pang of jealousy entered Keefe's heart when he saw them laughing. They're under a lot of pressure for winning, but they're just there acting like the best of friends they are.

"I know Tam is good at hiding his nervousness, but Sophie's the opposite. How did you calm her?" Linh asked Biana.

She shrugged, telling them that she honestly doesn't know how. She just told Sophie to think of a reason to go out there and look confident.

Whatever reason she thought of, it was definitely working on her.

But, a little piece of Keefe wanted the reason to be him.

Until she winked at him.

----------
SOPHIE
----------

"You're such a hotshot, Tam." Sophie teased him. She can feel his fingers trembling when he held out his hand, that's why she figured she'd talk to him to calm himself even just a little bit.

"You're the one they're cheering for." He said in reply. Though he was acting cool about it, Sophie knows he's been watching Biana's reaction the moment they landed.

Biana was gleaming at them, being the proud friend and production team she is. But, whenever Tam averts his gaze, Biana's gaze lands on him.

It just so happens that they don't see each other on the same time.

"Whatever, as if you weren't looking at her reaction." Tam blushed at the word 'her', which he desperately tried to hide. Sophie laughed at her friend, until Tam softly laughed along.

"They're busy talking. They're probably shocked that we teleported." Tam said, and Sophie nodded.

She remembered the day she dragged Tam to jump on a cliff, and before they reached the bottom, all she heard was a scream.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" type of scream.

Well, she brought Tam along to pressure herself to successfully teleport. If she was alone, she would get the nerves and ended up dying.

She figured that if she had someone with her, it'd calm her thinking that another person's life is in her hands.

When they got inside the void, they were both stunned and so happy that they were probably stuck there for a few minutes.

She figured out the way to go out and after that, they practiced it without fail.

Before they walk back together with the other pairs, her eyes landed on a certain pair of ice blue ones.

Keefe.

He was looking at her as if she was the most beautiful girl out there.

Well she should be, or else she won't win this thing.

But the thing is, she felt the sensation of butterflies fluttering in her stomach, again.

It wasn't out of nervousness, though.

But it felt weirdly nice, and warm.

He's one of the people whom she wanted to remember her, so unconsciously tried something only Keefe would do.

Wink.

He looked shock, trying to look around confirming who Sophie winked at. He pointed a finger to himself, as if asking "Me?"

Sophie smiled a bit and did a slight nod only he would realize, before turning back.

"You're a player." Tam remarked. She rolled her eyes at him and they continued teasing each other.

----------
FITZ
----------

If someone could hear his thoughts right now, it'd only consist of one word.

Wow.

There's a screen behind the stage so that the others such as co competitors and their aides can still see what's going outside.

As level 8's, Fitz and his pair were supposedly the last to go out. Their preparation were perfect, but after seeing Sophie and Tam's entrance, it looks like his partner has no chances of winning.

Okay, it might be just Fitz being biased, but it's the truth. The crowd's reaction proves it all.

He thought they were just going to appear amidst the darkness Tam created, but it turned out they teleported right in the middle of the stage.

A crack, in the darkness, and a pair in white that slowly and gracefully descended.

He didn't know Sophie got her teleportation ability back, but they were too busy to even get to talk to each other.

His own sister blocked him from seeing Sophie during rehearsals, and whenever he tries to transmit, the nervousness in her mind overpowers his voice.

But still, if it looked that great in the screen, how much more would it be if he was with the audience, watching them in person.

He was grateful that Tam was Sophie's partner, knowing that she's in good hands. Though a little part of him wants to be Tam, reaching out a hand and helping his muse look more confident in the crowd.

Let's be honest, he just wants to be Sophie's escort.

After seeing that spectacular entrance, he knew Sophie's going to win it. It pains him to admit that Biana being Sophie's aid has been a tremendous help, but he just wanted to run outside and pat his sister in the shoulder for doing a job well done.

Sophie's naturally beautiful, but with her clothes today, she even went beyond a person's capability of describing something beautiful.

Not to mention, the Q&A portion later in the afternoon would probably be nothing to her. And if Sophie's going to win it, he needs to win it to.

Not for the prize.

But for Sophie's hands on the aurenflare night.

----------
KEEFE
----------

"Oof, it's wonderboy's turn now." Dex whispered, bringing Keefe back into the present. His mind was still wandering to the time when Sophie winked at her.

No, no. She just did that with no other reason. Snap out of it! He mentally told himself as he playfully slapped his cheeks.

"LET'S GO FITZY!!" He screamed. Of course, that was his bestfriend and their level's escort. Why wouldn't he support him?

Fitz and his partner entered with some lights flashing around them. Keefe rememebered that his partner was a flasher, and they were playing with the light's direction through Telekenesis.

Black, white, gold, those were the orbs of light floating around them which makes their silver gowns and suit shine brighter.

Not bad, but the crowd's excitement from level 6's entrance was still in the air. Sorry, levels 7 and 8.

After every pair was introduced, Lady Cadence announced that they will have a short break before the start of the lower division's competition.

The higher division started pouring out, filling the empty halls from before.

Fitz was the first who got out and greeted the group. Dex gave him a brofist and Linh just waved a shy hello.

"Not bad out there." Biana said, patting his brother's shoulder. Fitz scowled a bit before chatting with them. They talked a lot, not realizing that the halls were empty.

"Bi?" Sophie's voice echoed. Biana immediately ran up to her and hugged her, Tam giving way for their it's-been-20-years type of hug.

"I know you're already amazing but when you were there we were just WHOA is that really Sophie? You were dazzling and did I just tell you that you're amazing. Oh! And the entrance! That was unbelievable! Why didn't you tell me you've recovered your ability already? But, that's not the point-" Biana kept on blabbering and Sophie also kept on nodding at every word she says.

"Hey. Nice job out there." Dex greeted Tam. Tam walked over to us and left the two ladies chattering 5 meters ayaw from us.

Tam shrugged and said "Half of my nerves died when we jumped off the cliff to teleport."

"Hey, now you know how it feels to see your life flash through before your eyes." Keefe joked but congratulated him anyways.

"I think I died before reaching the bottom of the cliff when she suddenly dragged me to practice it out. Without warning." He emphasized. Linh laughed, saying she can really picture it out happening.

"Hey, don't hog her to yourself." Fitz told Biana as they were still away from the rest of them. Sophie was now wearing her level 6 cape, probably to help herself feel warm.

Biana was irritated by what Fitz said but still dragged Sophie nevertheless.

"Sophie, I know Biana already told you but you look stunning." Linh said as she greeted Sophie with a hug.

"Yeah, you took our breaths away. A little literal." Fitz added which made Sophie blush.

"Thanks, but now I feel embarassed." She said shyly.

"Why?" They all asked in unison except Tam.

"Well, we were late because a lot of people wanted to greet her, shake hands with her, and more. We couldn't have gotten out if Sandor didn't appear before them." Tam explained.

"Hey! I told you not to tell them!" Sophie told him as he just shrugged. Probably payback for what they're talking about on stage.

"Well, Foster. I must say you really wowed the crowd earlier so that's expected." Keefe said.

"Uh-huh, I think I did saw your jaw drop on the ground." She said, looking at the sky but showing a sly grin.

"You must've seen someone else?" Keefe trying to avoid the subject.

"Maybe? What do you think?" Sophie said and looked at Tam, asking to help her on that.

"I don't know. You were talking about that guy you winked at, right? The one with the amazing hair? Well, yes that might not be Keefe." He said, saying it in a "as a matter of fact" tone.

"Hey! No one beats THE HAIR." He said, looking sad and hurt, but flashing his signature smirk.

"You know what, I'm hungry." Sophie said, placing one arm on her waist. "Let's get out of here and eat." She said, walking towards the cafeteria.

"Yes, m'lady." Keefe joked and followed her. The others also followed her and continued what they were talking about.

----------

A/N: OKAY PART 1 OF THE VALENTINE'S EVENT: DONE

The upcoming chapters are going to be more... romantic? Hmm 🤔 We'll see

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 2.9K 55
Beginning right after the latest Keepers book Unlocked, Sophie returns home to Find Grady suspiciously sad, but never in her mind could she have imag...
135K 797 24
Sophie is in her 7th year - the year in the Silver Tower. Keefe and Fitz have already graduated Foxfire, but she still has a massive crush on Fitz. S...
13.5K 372 16
Dex goes to Foxfire with his friends. Sophie, Tam, Biana, Linh, and Keefe! THEY ARE BESTIES!!! FOREVER! YAH! But...Fitz is always there. ALWAYS. He r...
115K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...