Happy April Fools? A KOTLC fa...

By kotlcfanatix

The gang had gathered in Everglen for a sleepover when Sophie shared one human tradition. April Fools. Ever... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE !!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 23

6.5K 73 143
By kotlcfanatix

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

A/N: Just a short chapter, because when the competition starts, expect long chapters ranging from 2000 to 4000 words each, or more, it depends on my mood.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

"Okay, so what's the game plan?" Linh asked as everyone was standing infront of the gates of Everglen.

"Well, we could eat first before we could go to Atlantis. How does that sound?" Biana suggested and they all agreed.

They were all greeted by a cheerful Della who has just finished cooking up some food.

"Sophie!" she exclaimed as she tackled her for a hug. "You're gonna be an amazing muse, sweetie." She said. She released her from the hug and Sophie replied with a soft "Thank you." before taking a seat.

"Oh, you too! You're gonna be a fine escort as well." Della told Tam and he just nodded. They were all about to go out when the main door opened, revealing two level 8 guys.

"Oh, did we miss the invitation?" Keefe said, frowning at them.

Tam sighed before Biana answered "No, silly. We're going to help these guys out for next week." She said as she wrapped an arm around the two of them.

Sophie giggled when he saw Tam's face flash a shade of pink before looking normal again.

"My! The both of you are here!" Della greeted them and gave them both a hug. "Mrs. Vacker, your son would end up losing without moi so I need to be with him all the time." Keefe said as he flashed a grin.

"Well, we should go ahead then. We don't want them copying us." Dex said as they all ran outside to lightleap to Atlantis, leaving a frowning Keefe and Fitz behind.

----------

"Who wants to go first?" Sophie asked, because everyone knows she doesn't want to jump into the whirlpool first if she had a choice.

"Linh can't go without me, because you know, so I'll go first." Tam said as he jumped without hesitation. Linh followed after a few seconds, and so did Biana.

"Are you still scared of this thing?" Dex pointed to the whirlpool, which gave Sophie the chills.

"I know I'm not gonna die in that, but I've never gotten a 10/10 landing up until now." Sophie said in defense, and she swear she saw Dex smile for a bit.

"Well, if not now, then when?" Those were the last things she heard before being pushed into the whirlpool. She closed her eyes until she felt her body smash against the sponge. She mentally groaned and looked at her friends who were hiding a smile.

"I take it, I failed again." she said as she stepped out of the way. Dex came tumbling down a moment later, looking fine and all. How she long to get a fall like that before she leaves their world again.

Sophie has practically explained already how it will work, so since she's a level 6, she needs 2 white or diamond dresses: one for the introduction and one for the actual show.

They divided their group into two: Biana together with Sophie and Linh and Dex together with Tam.

Originally, Linh was going with Sophie but they figured that the boys would need a girl's sense of fashion (and so that Linh could help him look good for Biana) so she ended up with Tam's group.

Biana was enough for Sophie's team, since she's technically a whole 'clothes and make-up team' in one, if you could compare the two. The shopping also went a lot easier since Sophie didn't mind wearing dresses now.

The only problem is, there were a lot of choices Biana gave her to pick the best. Biana also reminder her she needs another pair of dress for the main day celebration, which she knows she have no choice but to agree.

Atleast, Biana was also buying some stuff for herself on that day.

After what feels like a millenia of switching shops and looking for clothes, they were finally done.

Apparently, Linh and Dex also bought some clothes for themselves, saying that their group's complete on their first and last Valentine's day altogether, so it is something special.

They left their shopping bags in a counter that delivers it straight to their homes, so they wouldn't have any extra baggage to walk around with.

Biana's imparter started ringing and saw Fitz name on it.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked. They could see Keefe and Fitz together on the screen, but Biana's screen only showed her face.

"Mom and Dad are out so they told us to have dinner out. Are you still in Atlantis?" He asked.

"Yeah, we're just about to go home, actually. What do you think, guys?" She said, looking at them.

"We're fine." Linh answered, while Dex and Sophie tried hailing their parents. Dex was given a go signal and so was Sophie, well after a long list of reminders and all from Grady.

"Yep, we're good too." Dex replied, holding out a thumbs up to the Imparter's direction.

"Great!" Fitz replied. Biana told them that they'll wait in a restaurant called Bistro Vegissimo and they should just head there. The boys agreed and the call ended.

----------

"Table for 5?" The waitress asked. "No, actually we're still waiting for two." Biana replied.

"Oh, no problem. I can take you now if you'd like." The waitress replied and they all thanked her.

Linh sat in the middle of Tam and Biana while Dex and Sophie sat on the opposite of them. Just as they were looking on the menu, Keefe and Fitz arrived looking for them.

Biana waved her hand and they immediately saw it. Keefe sat next to Sophie and Fitz next to Biana.

"Hey, Foster. How'd shopping go?" Keefe asked, taking a menu from the table.

"Good, actually. It took a while, but I feel like I'm ready for our wedding." She joked, knowing that Tam and her needs to dress up in white twice because of their level.

"Aww, but I thought it's gone be Fitzy and you." Keefe teased, expecting Sophie's blush. She did blush, however, he still can't feel the same emotions she felt from her before whenever Fitz was brought into topic.

"I'm good with Tam, though he's not with me." Sophie teased back. Tam knows he's up for another round of teasing from Keefe, but he was too preoccupied thinking Good, her feelings for Fitz isn't back yet.

"Well, I'd be very happy if Sophie's going to be my sister in law, but I don't want them to be together because of that wishful thinking." Linh said, which made them all 'aww'.

They ordered for their food and while waiting, decided to talk about their future plans in life.

"I'm still stuck, honestly. I know I want to follow my dad's footsteps, but I'm still not quite sure if it's as an emissary or something similar." Fitz confessed, obviously thinking hard about it.

"Me? I'd probably pick art." Keefe bluntly said. "I can still use my abilities since art expresses emotions through colors." He added.

"I know I still have two years, but I'd want a store of my own. You know, jewelries, fashion, make up, anything. My alchemy's not the best but I can practice." Biana said, looking at Dex who understood what she wanted.

"I'll start an own store like my dad, though it's gonna be full of gadgets and stuff. I hope I can do it." Dex sheepishly said, which were answered with a chorus of "Of course you can!" from the group.

"I'm probably going to join the Black Swan or something in the future. My abilities are essential for jobs like sneaking and all, plus I can't imagine myself without an adventure." Tam said.

Linh said that she'll follow her twin because they're technically better together. "So, what about you?" Biana asked and they all looked at Sophie.

I don't think I'll make it out alive to establish my future, though. was what Sophie was thinking, but she can't exactly tell them that.

"Hmm, I honestly haven't thought about it, because when I was still with humans, there were unlimited choices for me. But now that I'm here, the council is like some shackles pinning me down." She admitted.

"It's like... I'm being monitored. I'm something like a foreign thing in this world so they get to make the decisions. But, for now, I guess I just want to have a future and be happy." She said shrugging.

"We'll just need to make sure that the council doesn't end up controlling your life." Fitz commented and they all agreed.

"No need to go all that way for me." Sophie said, shaking her head. "Nuh-uh, you're the moonlark. You deserve to fly free." Keefe said, which they perceived as a joke and started laughing.

"What? I said something serious for once then you laugh at me?" Keefe said with a mocking tone. He acted like he was hurt by what we did but a grin was planted on his face.

Their food was served and they happily talked the night. After dinner, they all said their goodbyes and light leaped home.

Sophie was greeted by her parents who asked how her day was. They also told her that all the shopping bags were placed in her room, and that she needs to fix it before she goes to bed.

But, Sophie was too happy to care how messy her room is. The only thing that pushed her to fix it was the thought that Iggy might chomp on it and she gets to walk with tattered clothes. After she has set everything aside, she went to bed and slept with a smile on her face.

----------

The preparation days went quick and unexpectedly great. Everyone in their level, including Stina, decided to help them with the spectacle they want to creat.

Of course, Biana stood as the head of the production team, and Sophie and Tam gets to decide if they're comfortable with the setting.

Dex was also creating a lot of gadgets that will help them during some colors that are hard to achieve.

While the two of them were called to practice walking, the rest were practicing with their abilities under Biana's command. It went great, of course, but they were afraid that some people might sabotage their work.

Worse, they might end up with a wounded muse and escort.

They told their concern to Lady Cadence who was overseeing the whole event, and decided to create some bracelets specifically made for the event. Dex would create it, and they will check for faults.

The bracelets are like the circlet thing Sophie once wore. They could not remove it until Dex does, and if they did try, it will notify Lady Cadence.

They can only activate their abilities if the bracelet was shining, making it impossible to use while another level is doing the show.

When the concern has been solved, they used their different abilities to their heart's content, and decided not to meet the day before of the competition.

Even though it was marked as a rest day, the prodigies can still go to school and plan if they wanted to.

Sophie barely saw her friends except for Tam, so she was kinda excited on how it will turn out. Biana assured her everything's perfect, and that she doesn't have anything to worry about except herself-

Because she needs to learn how to walk in heels higher than an inch.

They decided to make a run through of all the walking and the abilities to make sure that it's safe and perfect. It was, of course, thanks to all her friends who decided to lead their group.

The day before the competition, Biana left Sophie into Vertina's hands as she ordered her to do some facial cleansing, and all the sorts.

It felt like a spa day, to be exact, minus the spa. She was first instructed to take a rose bath, plus all the hair care available in her bathroom.

Then, she was asked apply masks and leave it for a while before peeling. Her nails were also perfectly done using a nude nail polish, which will match any color of the outfit.

But, the best of all advice was sleep, so she went to bed 2 hours earlier than usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 549 68
A Sokeefe Fanfiction Sophie and the gang are still at war with the Neverseen. Along with the struggles of fighting, Sophie and her friends are learni...
131K 2.5K 21
#13 in kotlc She only smiled up at him wading out deeper into the water. "I'm gonna go deeper than you," she teased. "In the water, or in our relatio...
113K 1.7K 54
2/14/22: #1 in sokeefe!! Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Love, Keefe. Sophie couldn't seem to get the words out of her head. ~~~~ "You never know how much...
194K 2.9K 55
Beginning right after the latest Keepers book Unlocked, Sophie returns home to Find Grady suspiciously sad, but never in her mind could she have imag...