let me love you ~ michael jac...

By lovablemj

"I-I never stopped loving you, you know..." I softly croak out, my eyes connected with the floor. "No matter... More

intro/prologue
first interaction
a little older
diana ross
it was all you
it's only a matter of time
fantasy island
pain and regret
numbed to the core
learning about michael
i'm happy for you
tears. lot's and lot's of tears.
apologies
just two kids
animal heaven
joseph
new years
the pepsi accident
aftermath
grammys
the victory tour
visiting him
cancelling the leg
no secrets
we are the world
no snow
regret
valentine's day
21st bday
recording bad
recording bad pt 2
praying to God
loving you forever
first love, last love
arriving to tokyo
first show
another day, another grammy's
it wasn't your fault
a new addition to the family
neverland
grief and sorrows
as big as can be
it's time
surprise visit
hectic all around us
workaholic
thankful
dangerous tour
interviewed by oprah
new friends
true colours
landing in Bangkok
horror in the air
nightmares continuing
all clean
hardships
first christmas
back to reality
budapest to paris
vma's
back to normal
relief
clearing everything up
redemption
heartbroken
no more bad blood
simply too soon
ups and downs
third times a charm
10 years
frightened
on edge
a big gesture
confrontation
the repercussions
getting better
misfortunate
commonplace
9/11
another little one
meeting martin
las vegas
unwanted visitors
mortified and distraught
treachery
a living hell
shambles
torture
absoloutely drained
nerve-wracking
hasty news
downcast goodbyes
missed him
world music awards
doctor visits
residency
trying my best
rehearsals upon rehearsals
on a decline
on a decline pt 2
until the end of time
...loss
...denial
...denial pt 2
acceptance...
navigating life...
epilogue

motown 25

778 32 5
By lovablemj

                          March 25th, 1983

Ariana

I sit in the audience alongside Katherine and Jospeh, who seemed even more moody tonight than he usually did, and I patiently wait for Michel's performance. I do little things like readjust my dress or twist my hair around my finger to past the time.

(a/n in case you're wondering what dress Ariana is wearing, it's the red sequin one she wore to the AMA's back in 2013)

All the other artists have been amazing so far. My personal favourite was Stevie Wonder, his talent will always have me starstruck.

The lights that were once dim are lit back up. Clapping and cheers are heard throughout the crowd.

Suddenly, the Jackson brothers, aside from Jermaine, each jump on stage and join Michael.

My eyes stick to him like glue and I marvel at how good-looking he is, sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

The melody of "I Want You Back" starts to play and they began their choreography.

"Aren't they great?" I whisper to Katherine who's close to tearing up.

"Oh, they're incredible. It brings joy to my eyes every time I see my babies up on stage, especially Michael. I always knew he was special." Her attention diverts back the performance as does mine.

I glance at Joseph, catching a glimpse of his expression and he does not look impressed.

He looks more angry than anything, I focus back on the medley and I catch Michael staring at me, looking at how attractive he is tonight causes me to blush.

His pure self flashes a smile at me but continues singing and dancing just as professional as he was before.

The medley soon finishes and I brace myself for the magic about to happen, when Berry Gordy first called Michael about Motown 25, he had no interest in doing it at all. I had to convince him to take one for the team and perform with his brother's but would this really end here with Michael not negotiating something? Nope.

He agreed to do it eventually but he had one condition and that was that he got to perform Billie Jean.

So, here he is, giving the people something they won't expect.

Him and his brothers share a few hugs before them leaving. Michael is left with a microphone in hand and no one else up there but him.

His voice booms throughout the auditorium.

"Thank you." The screams and roars of joy don't stop just yet. "Oh, you're beautiful!" He shouts into the microphone, some girls going even more crazy. A couple more thank you's are heard from Michael until the crowd died down.

"Yeah those, I have to say, those were the good old days. I love those songs, those were magic moments. All my brothers, including Jermaine." My jaw drops slightly at the shade Michael has just thrown towards his brother, I manage to hold in my giggle. "But, uh, you know those were good songs. I like those songs a lot but especially, I like..." Some voices are heard in the crowd and the suspense is killing me. "The new songs."

He sharply spins and places the black fedora hat neatly on top of his head.

While posing in place, screams are yelled all throughout the area and I smile, knowing Michael's about to make history.

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

I've been waiting in the audience for about 15 minutes now and Michael is still no where to be seen.

Motown 25 just ended and people are leaving the auditorium.

I can confidently say that Michael's performance was by far the best, and I'm not just saying that because I'm with him.

He showed off this new move he's been working on for the past couple of months called the moonwalk, I don't believe he invented it but I do think he added his own twist to it.

I scan the place and there's still no sign of Michael.

Maybe I should go home, maybe he already left without me though I don't know why he'd do that.

I step up from the seat and observe the area, leaving would be stupid, I'm just going to try and find him.

I scoot out of the section I was sitting at and pick up my dress, I don't need people stomping on it.

I walk past the stage and head into the back, not looking where I was going, I slam myself against a male figure causing me to fall.

"My apologies, Mrs. Grande." Bill kneels down and extends a hand.

"No, Bill. That wasn't your fault, I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry." I do hold onto his hand for support to get back up. "And please, you can call me Ariana, Mrs. Grande makes me feel like I'm special and I don't like that."

He chuckles before continuing. "Okay, Ariana."

"Anyway, have you seen Michael anywhere? He said right after the show he'd meet me but it's been almost 20 minutes."

Bill's face falls slightly to my words. "He's in his dressing room, 4th door to the right." He points his finger to the end of the hall.

"Thank you so much." I say while turning to the hallway. But before I move too far, his hand latches on to me. "Don't be surprised if he's not as cheerful as he usually is, he's not in the best mood tonight."

My eyebrows furrow unintentionally. "Why?"

"That's something you should ask him, Mrs. Grande." And with that, Bill is already walking away.

"Okay." I mumble to myself while following Bill's directions to Michael's room.

I'm in front of, what I think, is the right door. I knock a couple of times.

"Who is it?" Michael's disappointed voice worries me.

"Ariana." I nibble the bottom of my lip out of habit.

I then hear foot steps shuffling from the other side of the room to the door, the door swings open to reveal a broken Michael standing there.

My expression almost instantly softens and I stride into the room, shutting the door behind me.

"Michael..." I softly say while looking at the man sitting in a director style chair with straight up dejection on his face.

"What happened?" My feet step closer to him.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Shame fills his face as he turns his head from me.

Michael will always have my heart but his stubbornness is one thing I really wish I could change. He never wants to talk about his problems but will sit there listening to mine all day.

It just makes me feel bad. If I should be able to come to him when there's something wrong, he should be able to do the same to me.

"Talking about it will make you feel better, Michael."

His expression doesn't change one bit but he finally faces me.

"My performance."

"What about it?"

"Did you not see the mistake in there?" He questions me like I'm crazy.

I shake my head innocently and think. There was a mistake in there? I didn't even notice.

He sees that I truly don't know what he's talking about so he continues.

"When I stood up on my tiptoes, I wanted to balance for just a couple more seconds. Instead, the second I was on them, the second I fell down.

My eyes widen at him and he's dead serious.

"That's why you're upset? Michael, no one noticed that at all. Even with you pointing it out to me, I still don't see one thing wrong with that performance."

"You might not but I do. I know what I'm capable of and that show I just put on was the least of my abilities."

I stare at Michael in shock, he really doesn't know how great he is and it hurts me to see him think like this.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, the kids in the audience loved it."

His eyes lit up and his face glows.

"They did?"

I nod. "Yep, they were all trying to moonwalk after but just got lectured by their parents for interrupting the show."

Michael faintly laughs.

"The truth of the matter is that they adored you, everyone in that audience gave you a standing ovation. Michael, in your eyes, you might see a huge error but in everyone else's, they see your music come to life. They see this crazy talented man who underestimates himself as well as his performances. You're magnificent, never tell your self anything different."

It seems like time has stopped once Michael has looked into my eyes and he does the unexpected.

He inches closer and his lips meet mine, just from the slight touch, I can feel the butterflies in my stomach and my heart arising. Our lips move with passion and his minty breath hits the back of my throat. My arms wrap themselves around his neck while his sneak around my waist.

We were both in bliss and the last thing I wanted to do was pull away but I needed to catch my breath.

I detach my lips from his and slowly open my eyes back up, being shocked with what just happened.

It might seem kind of ridiculous that Michael and I have never kissed on the lip before but he wanted to take things slow, extremely slow I guess. But I would wait a thousand years if it meant I could kiss Michael over and over again.

"Wow..." I breathe out.

I never would have thought that Michael would initiate the first kiss but I'm not mad about it.

"Wow is right." He exhales.

"I never knew you were such a good kisser." I tell him while unraveling my arms from his neck.

"I'm not as innocent as you think, Ariana." He pauses. "But you already know that."

I nod, understanding that he's hinting at Diana.

The thought of them together makes me sick and I quickly need to change the subject.

"Let's go back to my house. You can meet my grandpa and grandma." I grab his hand.

He suddenly becomes a bundle of nerves and he drops his hand from mine, making me frown.

"Let's just go back to Hayvenhurst, it's late anyway."

"Are you nervous to meet my family?"

He slowly but shyly nods.

I grin. "You don't have anything to worry about. My grandma's been dying to meet you, my grandpa can be a little protective over me sometimes but he's still the friendliest person."

"I don't know, Ariana. Why not tomorrow?" He hesitantly says.

"Please, for me." My eyes bulge out and I pout my lip, this heavily reminds me of the time at the amusement park where Michael begged me to go on the Ferris Wheel, I had a lot of fun that night.

"Okay." He sighs and I leap into his arms and squeal.

I let my boldness over take me and I plant a heavy kiss on Michael's lips. His lips and mine flow together and you can feel the affection in the room. The feeling of kissing Michael is still new but more familiar than the first time.

After a couple of seconds, he pulls back and intertwines our fingers.

"Let's go meet your grandparents."

⊹⊱✫⊰⊹

hola! this chapter was very very long and i'm just glad i got to finish it!

i love all of u and see u next chapter! muah 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1.4K 28
?Bad era? He would ask me everytime the same question.. "have you seen Annie?" "Who is Annie?" I asked the Stranger with the white Fedora and Black...
29.8K 873 50
Being called the "whore who used him for fame" was worth it. "Sweetheart, look at me." Michael grabbed my shoulders gently and I could feel him stari...
50.8K 2.1K 39
{Bad era} 🥀 How Does it feel Living with the Man you loved to death who gets Abusive all out of sudden and turns your life upside down.. He was sick...
13.9K 466 24
Kayla has already been through enough turmoil in her life. She has a beautiful home, a job and she's married but that's just it..Nobody knew what hap...