The Roommate Therapy โœ“

By addinginfinities_

[๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐…๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐] - ๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐‡๐ ๐„๐๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ˜† 19-year ol... More

โ€ข Welcome โ€ข
โ€ข Cast โ€ข
โ€ข Playlist โ€ข
00 โ€ข The Beginning
01 โ€ข Confounded Misunderstanding
02 โ€ข Your Call Princess
03 โ€ข Samba
04 โ€ข Bitchiness Galore
05 โ€ข Rainy Bliss
06 โ€ข Scars That Run Deep
07 โ€ข It's TYCHE Not Tikki
08 โ€ข Neon Lights
09 โ€ข Boyfriend?!
11 โ€ข Jerk Alert
12 โ€ข I Should Have...
13 โ€ข Blues
14 โ€ข Bike Rides and Long Nights
15 โ€ข Letting Go
16 โ€ข Jitters
17 โ€ข Colour Me Red
18 โ€ข All Over The Place
19 โ€ข Vibrators and Terminator
20 โ€ข Atychiphobia
21 โ€ข Later, Skater
22 โ€ข Playing With Fire
23 โ€ข Habeas Corpus
24 โ€ข Fragile Bonds
25 โ€ข Karela Couture
26 โ€ข Carpe Noctem
27 โ€ข Delirium
28 โ€ข Emotional Detox
29 โ€ข Changing Tides
30 โ€ข Starlight And Illusion
31 โ€ข Conflicted
32 โ€ข Crossfire Of Emotion
33 โ€ข Begin Again
34 โ€ข Faux Pas
35 โ€ข Testing Waters
36 โ€ข Nightfall Angels
37 โ€ข Early Morning Bratfest
38 โ€ข Celibacy And Imported Peaches
39 โ€ข Cranial Tornadoes
40 โ€ข Electric Buzz
41 โ€ข Euphoric Haze
42 โ€ข Racing Hearts
43 โ€ข Repudiation
44 โ€ข Castle In The Clouds
45 โ€ข The Butterfly's Dream
46 โ€ข Queasy Wreck
47 โ€ข Midnight Drawls
48 โ€ข Underhand Devilry
49 โ€ข Unexpected Company
50 โ€ข Festive Vibes
51 โ€ข Closer
52 โ€ข Stalemate
53 โ€ข Liberation
B1 โ€ข Philophobia
B2 โ€ข Lacuna
โ€ข Epilogue โ€ข
โ€ข Author's Note โ€ข
โ–ช๏ธŽ New Book โ–ช๏ธŽ

10 โ€ข Hold Me Please

14.1K 964 332
By addinginfinities_

《Short Recap》

Your daily 4G high speed data limit has been exhausted. Extra charges will be billed to your account for extra usage. Terms and conditions apply. Thank you for your cooperation.

●○●

"Ughh!!" I let out a frustrated groan, resisting the urge to fling my phone across the parking lot.

"Give me your mobile phone." I demanded, holding out to Vinay.
He looked up lazily with one eye closed, "Why?"

"To call a freaking cab." I answered in a clipped tone.

"But I don't want to go home." He slurred, pouting adorably.

I smacked my forehead exasperatedly. I should probably just have let him rot in a jail cell for the night. Pretty sure it wouldn't be his first time.

"Fine, do as you please. I'm going home." I marched to the exit gate, dialing Neel's number.

"Hello Neel?" I started as soon as the call connected.

"Gosh, are you all right Akira?" he breathed out, "We were all so worried."

"Yes, I'm fine. Just wanted to head home, I'm taking Vinay with me. Tell the others not to worry." I answered, "Can you please book me a cab though. My data limit just got exhausted."

"Yeah, ok. Take care of yourself." Neel said.

I smiled at his concern, "Yeah I will. Thank you so much. Bye."

I stood alone on the footpath of the wide road, under a big orange street light, waiting for Neel to text me the cab details.

The cab rolled into the street after about five minutes, and I shoved my phone I to my purse after checking the number plate details that Neel had texted me.

"Wait up Akira!" Vinay shouted, struggling to walk straight as he slowly made his way across the parking lot, swaying from side to side just as the taxi arrived.

I pressed my lips in a thin line and rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time as I climbed into the back seat. Vinay piled in after me and shut the car door.

"Do you know this man, madam?" the driver inquired, eyeing him suspiciously in the rearview mirror.

"Yes." I replied.

The driver nodded in response. "Where to?" he asked, in a monotone.
"Kasturba Road." I replied.

"Where on Kasturba Road?"

"Uma Heights, behind the new post office."

The driver nodded and turned the key I to ignition, steering the car in reverse gear.

Vinay sat silently, supporting his head on the headrest behind him as he stared emptily out of the tinted windows of the cab.

I sighed quietly, shifting closer to the edge of the seat. I rested my head on the cool glass of the window and closed my eyes concentrating on tune of the old Hindi music that was playing softly from the radio.

When we reached, Vinay pulled out some cash from his wallet and handed it over to the cab driver.

"Keep the change." He said, when the driver started counting the money.

He quickly stepped out of the cab and stormed into the apartment.
I frowned as I watched his retreating figure.

Gosh! His mood swings were worse than a girl on her period.
I shrugged.

"Thank you uncle." I called out, as I clambered out of the car.

When I entered the flat, the lights were all off and Vinay's door was shut. Shaking my head, I padded to my room to change my clothes and clean up.

After taking a shower, I slipped into a loose t-shirt and a pair of pajama shorts, before heading to the kitchen to get a bottle of chilled water from the refrigerator.

I almost jumped back in surprise when I saw Vinay leaning on the kitchen counter in the dark, supporting his weight on his hands.

"Why did you come out of the club to help me, Akira?" Vinay asked quietly, staring down at the granite counter top.

I sighed. "I don't know that myself." I answered truthfully.

He remained silent for some time.

"Is it because you think I'm some grossly misunderstood delinquent who needs help?" he whispered, shifting his gaze to meet mine.

Despite how tired he was and the dark circles lining his eyes, Vinay looked mouth wateringly hot. The moonlight accentuated the sharp angles of his face making his face look serene.

I stared at him, not saying a word as he searched my eyes.

"Okay. You don't need to say anything." He said at last, "I'm going to go to bed then."

He swerved quickly, causing him to bump headfirst into the refrigerator.

"Fucking fridge!" Vinay cursed under his breath, holding his head.

SHIT! I almost forgot how much that idiot had had to drink tonight.
I ran forward to steady him.

"Look where you're going, Vinay!" I mocked the way he had said the same words to me before I'd left for the party.

He groaned in annoyance.

"I helped you tonight because I thought you needed someone to be there for you. I know that that's what I would have wanted." I said leading him into his room towards his bed, "Just because of that macho façade you've put up does not mean you're not hurting on the inside. Learn to trust people. It'll take you a long way."

"Besides," I continued preaching, "Sleeping in my own bed honestly sounds far more appealing than a hard wooden cot in a tiny jail cell."

"No one would understand what I feel. No one would want to understand." Vinay mumbled.

"That's bullshit. You haven't even tried." I reprimanded.

Vinay nodded as he sat down on the edge of his bed, his eyes boring into mine.

I offered him a small smile, feeling overwhelmed by the vulnerability that his eyes held in that moment.

"Good night." I whispered, stepping backwards.

"Akira, wait." Vinay said suddenly.

He wrapped his fingers around my wrist and pulled me towards him so that I was standing between his legs as he hugged me.

Vinay buried his face into my stomach, fingers digging into my back as he clung onto me.

"Vinay, what are..." I stuttered, trying to push him away by his shoulders.

"Shhh.."he cut me off, his voice sounding broken, "Please, just hold me for now."

I sighed deeply, awkwardly running my hands up and down his back to reassure him as I stood ramrod still.

It felt rather weird to be touching him.

"Will you please sleep here today?" Vinay asked against my stomach.

He looked up at my face, his hands still clasped behind my back.

"Vinay, I can't possibly sleep here," I started, the reluctance evident in my tone, "It's not appropriate. Plus there's no space for both of us."

"Please?" he cut me off, pleading with his eyes.

I closed my eyes and exhaled.

"Ok, move over." I sighed.

Vinay smiled cheekily like a little kid who'd just got the lollipop he'd been begging his mother for, shifting to make place for me to lie down.

I stared at the bare ceiling wordlessly as he reached over and placed his fingers with mine before closing his eyes.

Shutting my eyes tight, I tried desperately to close off my brain too, that had gone into overdrive.

I made an attempt to concentrate on my breath, the oldest calming technique in yoga, but the smell of alcohol and freshly washed sheets flooded my nose.

Just kill me already!!

Vinay's proximity and his warm fingers wound tightly around mine were hardly doing anything to ease my situation.

Sleep was literally the last thing on my mind.

●○●

That's all for today...
Don't forget to vote and comment and spread the love!!
Have a great day!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 24.1K 62
How does it feels to know that your mother left you at the doorstep of some orphanage as soon as you were born? abandoning you? This story is about...
187K 7.7K 80
[First book in Our Chance Series] He is rude. She is polite. He is cold-hearted. She is soft-hearted. He was extroverted. She is introverted. He's a...
305K 8.8K 21
A 21- years old average, innocent, beautiful, shy girl who works at a men wear shop. The son of the CEO and known as the mean, ruthless, arrogant bi...
354K 10.1K 54
A girl who is betrayed by her so called friends and family. The people whom she trusted in her life became her worst nightmares. She didn't know whe...