Show Me

By astoldbylani

"You could tell me you love me a million times over, but them words don't hold no weight in my heart till you... More

faces|disclaimer
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XII

85.6K 4.7K 7.8K
By astoldbylani

"Yes! Her and her mama bout to be at my house on Christmas. I'm gon' glass her ass right in her fuckin face too," Yanni scowled, driving to Sincere's house. She had just left her apartment building and was on her way to go drop off gifts.

She already dropped off Roman and Nyx's gifts. Roman got season tickets to every Eagles game for the next year, which he was very excited about. Nyx got a very cute LV backpack that Yanni thought she would love, which she did.

"Bitch beat ha' ass," Sincere encouraged. "Slider ass bitch! And she had the nerve to come at him sideways about you! Bitch was out here suckin and fuckin unprotected!" she continued. Even though Nyx understood why E'ani was so upset, she was definitely the mom friend of the group and would never encourage her to put hands on Stefani.

Sincere, on the other hand, wanted to jump her.

"My daddy not gon' want me to fight," she rolled her eyes. "I'm absolutely gon' tell that lil' bitch about herself and if she wanna swing, I'm ready ready to crack off on her ass," she spat. "But sis, I'm literally in your driveway with presents, let me in," she giggled.

"Oh, girl I forgot you was coming," she laughed. "I unlocked it," she spoke. Yanni nodded and ended the call, grabbing her presents for Sincere, Kam and Nova.

"It's auntie Yanni!" Sincere yelled, getting Nova all excited. "She has presents, mama, go say thank you!"

"Tank you, auntie," Nova said, looking up at her with her beautiful eyes. Yanni couldn't get enough of this girl. 

"Oh you're welcome, pretty girl," Yanni cooed, placing her wrapped box down. She bought her some Moana doll, remembering when Sincere told her that she loved Moana. She finessed a signed jersey for Kam, and for Sincere, she bought a heart shaped LV purse, that was rainbow colored. She knew Sincere was the more girly of her two friends, so she got her a purse instead.

She wanted to spoil her friends for Christmas. She got a bonus from her company for Christmas this year, and her salary working for Amere was very pretty, she was doing very well with saving, and so she figured she'd treat them.

After she delivered their presents and picking up hers, she geared up to make the half an hour drive to Amere's house

He had been doing...okay. He still felt as if he was his own problem. She had to keep explaining to him that no matter how good of a man he was, if people want to be shitty, there's nothing he can do to change that, unless that person wanted to change.

It was like he heard her say it, but didn't understand. They still saw each other often, as two and half weeks had gone by, but it seemed like he wasn't all there sometimes. She was usually able to cheer him up, but it didn't always work, and sometimes they had very silent days.

"This boy," she sighed, wishing she could do more to help him than she was already doing.

"Merry Christmas! Santa's here!" She called, walking in the door.

"Santa ain't real, li' girl," Amere chuckled, coming from his kitchen in socks and some basketball shorts. "Merry Christmas, love," he said, hugging her tight, waking up the dormant butterflies in her stomach whenever he touched her at all.

That also hadn't changed. If anything, she liked him even more now. Seeing his vulnerability and his willingness to be emotional with her lately really was digging her into a deeper hole than she was prepared for.

"Where's your mommy? I wanna say hi!" she smiled wide.

"I'm starting to think we got a pro'lem. You'n never smile that big when it come ta' me," he joked pushing her shoulder.

"Stop faking, Saint, yes I do, see," she cheesed widely and he sucked his teeth, trying not to laugh. "Now take me to your family," she chuckled. He nodded and followed him down into his basement where he had a movie room, which she found very unnecessary, but he used it often.

"Y'all, I wanna introduce y'all to somebody," Amere called, getting everyone's attention. "This my best friend, E'ani, who doubles as my agent sometimes," she shrugged, making her cut her eyes at him.

"Hi, nice to meet y'all, and nice to see you again, Ms. Gina," she smiled, waving at everyone.

"This my li' brother Zahir," he pointed. She noticed every single one of his siblings were light skinned just like him, but none of them had the brown hair like he did.

"Nice ta' meet'chu," Zahir waved.

"That's Royal, but we call her by her middle name, which is—"

"Boy! My whole government? You could call me Ni'jay, love, he extra. Nice ta' meet you sis," she rolled her eyes.

"Get popped in that smart ass mouth," he warned. "Anyway, this the middle child, my sweet baby Reign," he gestured at her, and she waved him off, laughing.

"Hi, it's a pleasure," she smiled softly.

"And this is my beautiful mawamw, Theresa," he gestured to her.

"Well ain't you just cute as you wanna be," his grandmother smiled.

"Oh thank you!" E'ani grinned. "Y'all are all beautiful, and handsome," she giggled, looking at his little brother.

"Thank you, baby," Ms. Gina smiled, her southern accent very heavy.

Amere's was just like hers and she loved his accent. Even before she liked him, she liked hearing him talk to her. It didn't even have to be anything significant, she enjoyed it either way. "I hope dis' boy ain't driving you crazy,"

"No, I am not, mama," Amere chuckled.

"Just a little," she pinched her fingers together, making his jaw drop. "I'm kidding! He's not, if anything, I'm probably driving him crazy, working all the time,"

After talking to his mom and his sisters some more, not really Zahir, because he was extremely quiet, she and Amere went back upstairs so they could give gifts, since it was getting late and he always fussed her out when she drove late at night.

"You go first," she grinned as they sat criss cross, across from each other in his living room. She had his box sitting on the floor. He was amused at how excited she was about this, he forgot know she loved Christmas so much.

"Aight—don't clown me," he prefaced. "I ain' know what to get you, so I bought—well I bought a whole bunch of stuff, here open," he slid a box toward her, and her face was starting to hurt from cheesing so hard.

She unwrapped his box, picking up a card first.

"Since you so damn hungry all the time," she read, laughing loudly, seeing gift cards to multiple food places she liked. Chick-fil-a, Del Frisco's, Starbucks, Wendy's, Sonic and Olive Garden. "This is so sweet," she pouted, continuing to dig in the box. She picked up a frame, and the picture in it was of them, doing their handshake from her seat and he reached up to her.

"Who took this?! Aww!" she cooed, "I love this, it's going on the coffee table," she nodded. She reached in the box again, and pulled out a mug that said 'World's Best Best Friend,' making them both die laughing, because he stole the idea from the office, which she forced him to watch, and he now loved. "You're so corny!" she said once she caught her breath.

"Okay, last thing in the cup," he said. She nodded and reached in, seeing three Pandora charms. One was the letter 'E' for E'ani, obviously. The next one was a four leaf clover and the last one was a number 3. Their birthdates, and his jersey number. He didn't really know what she meant when she told him about it the first time, but he remembered it.

"I love them," she smiled softly. "Than you, Amere, this is so sweet and thoughtful, who knew you had it in you," she teased, making him laugh.

"Stop playin' wit me, I'm the most thoughtful nigga you know," he smarted back. "I'm happy you like it, love. I tried to be all sentimental and shit, we been friends for six months already, I know I'm a pain in yo ass, but at least I give good gifts," he shrugged.

"You're not a pain in my ass," she giggled. "You give me the occasional headache, but that's okay, I appreciate you. I don't say it often because you're the soft one, but I love you, Saint," she smiled, trying to keep herself from blushing red. She wasn't dark enough to hide it.

"I love you too, Yaya," he said back, touching his chest like she never said it before. "I'm not soft," he chuckled, while she slid his box over to him, eager for him to open it. She started recording, but set it aside so he couldn't see.

He pulled out the socks first. "Why the hell you buy me so many?" he laughed. Next were the cleats, that he'd been want but was too lazy to buy. She bought him new slides, shorts, sweatpants, t-shirts and lastly a pair of air force's. "Jesus Christ, girl, how much you spend?" he asked, noticing a piece of paper in the bottom.

"Read it," she grinned, completely ignoring his question.

"No fuckin way—you shittin me? You dead ass serious?!" he asked shooting up from the floor. The one thing everything in the box had in common was that it was all Nike. Over the last month, she'd been having meetings with Nike about a potential sponsorship for Amere, and they finally emailed her a week ago about officially sponsoring him.

The paper in the bottom was a letter officially welcoming him to the Nike family.

"You're officially a Nike sponsored athlete," she nodded, as he stared at her with his jaw dropped and wide eyes. "Merry Christmas," she cheesed. 

It was all made better for her by the look on his face. She knew that was the one thing he'd always wanted. He fully believed only the best athletes, the ones with good character, the ones who stood for something on and off the field were sponsored by Nike.

They were working on his brand so much lately. With his salary jump, he was finally able to do some things he'd been wanting to. He started scholarship programs, one for black students in Louisiana, to HBCU's of their choice, and one for black students all over the states for those same schools, for whatever they wanted to major in. He knew most black kids wanted an HBCU experience but couldn't afford it, so he wanted to make sure to give it to them.

He also was able to open up women's shelters in one in New Orleans, and of course in Baton Rouge. Whether they needed something to eat, somewhere for their kids to sleep, or somewhere to run to, he wanted to help them out too. Growing up, he saw so many kids going without, so many moms struggling with no help, and he wanted to provide a source of help for them.

Everyone was proud of him. He was giving back to his community and doing it so well. He had more he wanted to do, and Yanni was right there to make sure he got it all done. But that was a big reason Nike chose him, they saw the good things he was doing, as well as the way he dominated the field, and they couldn't pass him up.

"Dawg...you're for real?" he asked, completely astonished. "How did you—when did you—wow," he huffed out. "Wow. Why is you still sitting on the damn floor, come here man," he said, pulling her up and immediately squeezing the life out of her.

"I see you're excited," she laughed. "I told you I'd do it before playoffs,"

"You a fuckin blessing, man. Turned my whole career around in six months. You not allowed to represent nobody else, I'm not letting it happen, " he shrugged.

"Excuse me?" she laughed louder. "What about my bank account? You wanna be selfish so I can't be rich?" she joked.

"I'll make yo ass rich, fuck allat,"

"Okay, Amere," she giggled.

It was Christmas day in the district, and E'ani sat in her living room, watching her nephew open presents, after being told her sister-in-law was pregnant again. She was giddy and excited, knowing she had another niece or nephew on the way.

She was so happy her mom and dad were friends. She'd hate to be bouncing house to house during the holidays. They got divorced when she was 6, she remembered how much they argued vividly. She remembered her mom telling her some people were just better off friends, and they were those kind of people.

They always chose holidays at the beginning of the year. On new years, They'd flip a coin, and whoever's side it landed on chose their holiday first, and they went back and forth. This year her dad snatched Christmas fast.

It was noon, and she knew Amere's game was starting soon. She pulled out her phone to text him, wishing him good luck.

: good luck out there boudreaux, don't fuck up, i got my ass chased around this house for sitting here in my daddy house in your jersey.

lil saint 🤍: LMAO ima make sure i get dat dub for you then

She shook her head, tucking her phone back between her legs as her dad cut on the TV so they could watch the game. Her dad literally chased her back up to her room when he saw her with it on, and she laughed the entire time.

"There go ya boy, Yanni," her brother smirked, poking her side, making her swat at his hand. He was admittedly a bit nervous when she called him complaining about how she liked him and didn't know what to do. Her last relationship made him extremely cautious of any man romantically in his sisters life, but he knew she didn't even tell him, and until he gave Zeke a reason to worry, he'd remain cautious silently.

"Shut up, Ezekiel," she chuckled.

By the end of the game, she was on her feet screaming at him like he could hear her as he made his way down the field toward the end zone. "That's what I like to see!" she clapped, minding her parents and not cussing like she usually would.

The Eagles scored the winning touchdown, and Yanni couldn't even celebrate like she wanted to before the door opened and Stefani, along with her mother walked through the door.

"Oh! Casper does exist huh?" Yanni immediately piped up, causing everyone's head to snap in her direction.

Zeke was the only one who knew what happened, and as bad as he wanted her to not do this, there was a level that E'ani reached that she couldn't come down from unless she let it out.

Stefani took her there.

"W-what are you talking about?" Stefani asked, trying to play innocent in front of everyone.

"Don't play dumb now! I guess you ain't tell yo' mama what you been up to. Well allow me to explain," she smiled, tying her hair in a tight ponytail at the base of her neck.

"E'ani, whatever this is about, I'm sure it's not that important—" Vivica tried to interrupt.

"Respectfully, this ain't yo business," Yanni said, not even turning to look at her.

"Oop," her mom's eyebrows shot up. She never liked Vivica, clearly.

"Like I was saying. Let's tell everyone how you was dating my client. Let's tell everyone how you started disrespecting me and talking sideways out the side of yo' neck 'bout me like he wasn't gon' tell me. How you tried making it seem like I wanted him because you were insecure. Calling me yo cousin in public and talking allat mess behind my back, knowing I'on claim you as my blood," she tilted her head, starting with the surface issue.

"Nobody was talking about you, the jealousy is really not cute on you, sis," Stefani waved her off, curling her lip up at her.

"Baby," Yanni laughed. "You never had, and you never will have anything I need or want that I ain't already got, or can't get. But you know what you do have? A whole bunch of audacity. A whole lot. You got a nigga that was treating you good, buying you whatever, since I know that's what you wanted him for, a gentleman, a genuine good man.You know what she does?" she chuckled, looking at her brother, who was ready to jump up and grab her if necessary.

"She cheats on him! With his teammate! Unprotected! Videos all on socials of you and all you got to offer, and you couldn't even woman up and give that man an apology?! You could have endangered his health, his wellbeing and you can't apologize? You really tried the right one, because I would have let you do you if you would have owned up to yo' behavior and apologized to him, said something to him, not ghost him like you innocent. When he—" she took a deep breath, stopping herself from giving her any details about how he's been hurting, and how he damn near killed himself that night.

"I'on know why you thought you was gon get away with that, but you been knowing I step behind mine, friend and family, since we was 9. You weak," she spat. "Ion know how y'all raised over there, but we, in this house, we respect people. You disrespectful, and you're trifling. You played with someone's emotions and their health for fun and I'll never respect you for that. You got the right one with me," she said.

"Ain't nobody play with shit! You just a hater ass hoe!" Stefani snapped back at her.

"Watch yo mouth in my daddy house," she chuckled.

"I'll say what the fuck I wanna say! You're mad! You are mad that man wanted me, and all of a sudden since his lil feelings hurt you wanna play captain save a hoe over a nigga that's never gon want you, pooh," she pouted mockingly. "Bitches like you—"

"Watch that bitch word," Ezekiel spoke up, being the first family member to say anything. Her father was completely in shock, and her mother was simply waiting for Stefani to say something out of pocket so she had a reason.

But one thing they all knew was that telling her to stop was going to do absolutely nothing. She'd fought too many times behind her cousins and her brother for them to not know that.

"E'ani don't put yo' hands on that girl," her dad spoke sternly. "Not unless she hits you first," he mumbled, causing his wife to gasp.

"You're encouraging her to argue over a man?! Shouldn't she know better? Wasn't she raised better?"

"Don't speak on how my daughter was raised," Vanita snapped, shutting her right up. Everyone knee Vivica was scared of her.

"Like I said, watch your mouth in my father's house," E'ani spoke, standing with her fist in her hand, surprisingly calm.

The next few seconds seemed to move in slow motion. Stefani took another step toward E'ani, getting in her face, and reaching her hand up to clap in her face, repeating that she was gonna say whatever she wanted, calling her out her name again. "Like I said, bitch, I'll say what the fuck I wanna say, and nobody finna check me—" she continued moving her hands in E'ani's face, and her hand touched her, just like Yanni was waiting for. She touched her on purpose, thinking Yanni wouldn't do anything, she was taunting her.

"Touch me again," Yanni chuckled. "I dare you,"

Stefani reached her hand up, pushing Yanni's forehead back with her finger. "Now wha—" before she could finish her sentence, the rest of it was slapped, open palmed, right out of her mouth. Yanni's hand stung from the impact to her face, but she didn't even care.

"If you know what's good for yo' ass, you'd get the fuck out for' I mop this fuckin floor wit'cho dumb ass for disrespecting me in my daddy house," Yanni sneered, inches away from her face. "Be gone by the time I get back in here," she spat, roughly pushing past her to go outside to her car.

*W.A.B plays astronomically loud in the background*

whew, this was a long one lol hey y'all!

let's chat!

how do we feel about their christmas gifts to each other?

amere is nike sponsored?! e'ani said just do it hoes.

sea sponge has been handled lol. yanni couldn't do much because she does have a career lol. but, in her defense,she called her out her name twice, disrespected her daddys house AND she touched her first. one good pop in the mouth will teach em every time.

lol leave me some thoughts! and some things you wanna see :) i hope you enjoyed 🥰

till next time 🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 177 9
I CHANGED THE COVER PHOTO (same story). This is a (fictional) story on what is happening right now with Taylor and Travis. It's loosely based on thei...
3.6K 207 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
291K 15.1K 24
typical highschool love story
Forbidden By 🤍

Fanfiction

15.4K 1.3K 23
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟...